|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver Lambert read in the cathredral?
2. What does Mitch say could have cut the tension between him and Abby's parents?
3. Where does Mitch meet Eddie Lomax?
4. What kind of car does Abby own?
5. What does Mitchell have a degree in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitch try to satisfy the FBI?
2. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
3. How does Eddie Lomax die?
4. How do the Firm tempt Mitch into joining their company?
5. Why does the Firm say the FBI are interested in them?
6. How do the Firm assure people keep quiet?
7. How do Mitch and Abby cope with being watched?
8. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
9. Describe Mitch's upbringing?
10. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How do the Firm assure that their employees work long hours? How does Mitch's workload start affecting his homelife? Is this an accurate representation of what it is like to work for a law firm?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 2,086 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)