|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina tell Mitch she needs at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. Who does Grant Harbison work for?
3. What does Ray have an aptitude for?
4. What does Mitch tell Avery he doesn't require much of?
5. Where does Mitch say a thick pain hits him as he waits for his bar results?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
2. Why does Abank refuse to believe the drug rumors surrounding his son?
3. What is Lambert's opinion on secrecy?
4. How does Eddie Lomax die?
5. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
6. What does Lomax say is suspicious about Mickel's suicide?
7. Why is Abby's new life like in Memphis?
8. How does Ray pass his time in prison?
9. Why is Mitch ready to blame Avery if he fails the bar exam?
10. Why does the Firm say the FBI is interested in them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mitch's upbringing.
1. What was Mitch's upbringing?
2. How has Mitch's upbringing motivated him to succeed in life?
3. Is there any evidence Mitch is hiding away from the traumas of his past?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)