|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which file does Avery say he can't find?
2. What does Ray have an aptitude for?
3. Where is Avery flying to on Saturday afternoon?
4. What does the dog look like it is waiting for?
5. Where does Lamar say the Firm is located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie Lomax die?
2. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
3. How does Avery show himself to be a slightly unsavory character?
4. Why does Abank refuse to believe the drug rumors surrounding his son?
5. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
6. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
7. How does DeVasher try to keep Mitch quiet?
8. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
9. How does the Firm tempt Mitch into joining the company?
10. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of individualism? What has happened to the characters who have worked more as a collective?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)