|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the lawyers mumble incoherently into in Chapter 18?
2. Where is the company establishing a scholarship in Kozinski's name?
3. Where does Mitch say a thick pain hits him as he waits for his bar results?
4. What does Avery say the company does not allow at lunch?
5. What does the secretary say the company has been losing thousands on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mitch's meeting with Tammy?
2. How does Eddie Lomax die?
3. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
4. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
5. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
6. Why is Abby's new life like in Memphis?
7. How does Mitch want Eddie Lomax to help him?
8. Why is Mitch ready to blame Avery if he fails the bar exam?
9. What does Lomax say is suspicious about Mickel's suicide?
10. How does Avery show himself to be a slightly unsavory character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lomax's death affect the story? Why does it affect the story in this way? Are there suggestions earlier in the story that Lomax would die?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Mitch be called a person with principles? How do Mitch's principles blind him to what is really going on? How do you think Mitch would have reacted if he hadn't found out about the Firm until after the obligatory twelve years?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)