|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery say the company does not allow at lunch?
2. What does Mitchell have a degree in?
3. What does Avery say is the one thing Mitch should never ignore?
4. What does Mitch say could have cut the tension between him and Abby's parents?
5. What Bruce Springsteen song does Mitch play on the cassette player?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abank refuse to believe the drug rumors surrounding his son?
2. What does Lomax say is suspicious about Mickel's suicide?
3. What is Lambert's opinion on secrecy?
4. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
5. How does DeVasher try to keep Mitch quiet?
6. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
7. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
8. How does Eddie Lomax die?
9. How does the Firm tempt Mitch into joining the company?
10. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Firm assure that its employees work long hours? How does Mitch's workload start affecting his home life? Is this an accurate representation of what it is like to work for a law firm?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What suggestions are there in the opening chapters that there is something wrong with the Firm? Why does the Firm think someone like Mitch will overlook any suspicions he has?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)