|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery say Capps will use to read Mitch's rough draft?
2. Where did Avery work to finance junior college?
3. What is the only food the restaurant sells?
4. What does the driver say he has to finish off at home?
5. Where does Abby meet Kay for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avery show himself to be a slightly unsavory character?
2. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
3. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
4. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
5. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
6. How does Ray pass his time in prison?
7. What does Dutch think about all new employees at the Firm?
8. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
9. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
10. Why is Mitch ready to blame Avery if he fails the bar exam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Grisham's representation of the Mafia.
1. How does Grisham represent the Mafia in the book? Why does he represent them in this way?
2. Is Grisham's representation of the Mafia accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mitch's upbringing.
1. What was Mitch's upbringing?
2. How has Mitch's upbringing motivated him to succeed in life?
3. Is there any evidence Mitch is hiding away from the traumas of his past?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)