|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which file does Avery say he can't find?
2. What kind of signs are hanging from the painted windows at Ernie's?
3. Where deos Mitch say a thick pain hits him as he waits for his bar results?
4. What city is Mitch leaving for?
5. What does Avery say the Cayman bankers make the Swiss look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tammy get access to the basement and the fifth floor?
2. How do the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
3. How does Ray deal with the Nordic man?
4. Why does Mitch meet Barry Abanks in this section?
5. How do the Firm remind Mitch to be careful?
6. How do the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
7. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
8. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
9. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
10. How does DeVasher try to keep Mitch quiet?
Essay Topic 1
In what way could Mitch be called a person with principles? How do Mitch's principles blind him to what is really going on? How do you think Mitch would have reacted if he hadn't found about the Firm until after the obligatory twelve years?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Avery diiferent to the other employees working for the Firm? Why does he work for the Firm if he does not respect their rules?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's theme of greed.
1. In what way could Mitch be accused of being one of the novel's greediest characters?
2. How does the theme of greed fit with eighties society?
This section contains 1,997 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)