|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say there is enough denim to launch?
2. What kind of food does Mr. McKnight say he avoids?
3. Which file does Avery say he can't find?
4. What are clients threatening Avery with?
5. What is the name of the open-air bar Avery and Mitch go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
2. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
3. How does the Firm tempt Mitch into joining the company?
4. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
5. Why does Mitch think Lomax looks like the Marlboro Man?
6. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
7. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
8. How does Mitch want Eddie Lomax to help him?
9. What kind of people does the Bendini firm like to hire?
10. Why does the Firm say the FBI is interested in them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Grisham's representation of the Mafia.
1. How does Grisham represent the Mafia in the book? Why does he represent them in this way?
2. Is Grisham's representation of the Mafia accurate?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)