|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Mr. McKnight say he avoids?
2. What does the secretary say the company has been losing thousands on?
3. What does Mitch tell Avery he doesn't require much of?
4. Why does Avery say the company tolerates his antics?
5. Who does the FBI say owns the Bendini Firm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does DeVasher try to keep Mitch quiet?
2. What kind of people does the Bendini firm like to hire?
3. How does Eddie Lomax die?
4. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
5. Why does Mitch think Lomax looks like the Marlboro Man?
6. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
7. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
8. What does Dutch think about all new employees at the Firm?
9. How does Avery show himself to be a slightly unsavory character?
10. What does Mitch tell Abby in the restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)