|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery say is his passion?
2. What city is Mitch leaving for?
3. Where does Lamar say the Firm is located?
4. Where is Victor Milligan from originally?
5. What is the name of Mitch's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does DeVasher try to keep Mitch quiet?
2. Why is Abby's new life like in Memphis?
3. Why does the Firm want its employees to start a family?
4. What is Lambert's opinion on secrecy?
5. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
6. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
7. Why does Mitch think Lomax looks like the Marlboro Man?
8. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
9. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
10. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mitch's upbringing.
1. What was Mitch's upbringing?
2. How has Mitch's upbringing motivated him to succeed in life?
3. Is there any evidence Mitch is hiding away from the traumas of his past?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)