|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Abby own?
2. What is the capital of the Cayman Islands?
3. What does Oliver Lambert read in the cathedral?
4. Which of the following teams is playing in the Super Bowl?
5. What does Avery say the company does not allow at lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
2. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
3. How does Eddie Lomax die?
4. Why does the Firm want its employees to start a family?
5. Why does Mitch think Lomax looks like the Marlboro Man?
6. What is Lambert's opinion on secrecy?
7. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
8. Why does Abank refuse to believe the drug rumors surrounding his son?
9. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
10. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mitch not question the Firm from the beginning? What does his unquestioning attitude say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lomax's death affect the story? Why does it affect the story in this way? Are there suggestions earlier in the story that Lomax would die?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)