|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch tell Avery he doesn't require much of?
2. What does the secretary say the company has been losing thousands on?
3. What city is Mitch leaving for?
4. What does Avery yell to his secretaries?
5. What color is the secretary's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie Lomax die?
2. What does Dutch think about all new employees at the Firm?
3. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
4. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
5. How does Ray pass his time in prison?
6. What happens when a employer's wife gives birth?
7. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
8. Why does Lomax say Lamm's death is suspicious?
9. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
10. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Avery different from the other employees working for the Firm? Why does he work for the Firm if he does not respect its rules?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)