|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Rick Acklin play?
2. What is Tammy's code name?
3. What does Mitch tell Avery he needs time to do?
4. What does Avery say is his passion?
5. What does Avery yell to his secretaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a employer's wife gives birth?
2. What does Lomax say is suspicious about Mickel's suicide?
3. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
4. What does Mitch tell Abby in the restaurant?
5. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
6. How does the Firm tempt Mitch into joining the company?
7. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
8. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
9. How does DeVasher try to keep Mitch quiet?
10. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the Firm company symbolize in terms of society? Is the symbolism of the Firm still relevant to today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Grisham's representation of the Mafia.
1. How does Grisham represent the Mafia in the book? Why does he represent them in this way?
2. Is Grisham's representation of the Mafia accurate?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's theme of greed.
1. In what way could Mitch be accused of being one of the novel's greediest characters?
2. How does the theme of greed fit with eighties society?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)