|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the FBI say the cab will take Mitch?
2. What does Oliver Lambert read in the cathedral?
3. Where does Lamar say the Firm is located?
4. In what part of Memphis is the Presbyterian church?
5. What was Anthony Bendini's passion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitch want Eddie Lomax to help him?
2. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
3. What happens when a employer's wife gives birth?
4. What does Dutch think about all new employees at the Firm?
5. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
6. What does Mitch tell Abby in the restaurant?
7. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
8. Why does the Firm want its employees to start a family?
9. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
10. How does Eddie Lomax die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the partners and how do they ensure the smooth running of the Firm? How do the partners' roles differ from the other other employees' roles?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Firm assure that its employees work long hours? How does Mitch's workload start affecting his home life? Is this an accurate representation of what it is like to work for a law firm?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)