|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anthony Bendini's passion?
2. What kind of food does Mr. McKnight say he avoids?
3. Where is Avery flying to on Saturday afternoon?
4. What is the senior partner studying at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Abby say Mitch cannot tolerate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitch tell Abby in the restaurant?
2. What is Lambert's opinion on secrecy?
3. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
4. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
5. What does Lomax say is suspicious about Mickel's suicide?
6. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
7. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
8. Why is Abby's new life like in Memphis?
9. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
10. How does Eddie Lomax die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Firm assure that its employees work long hours? How does Mitch's workload start affecting his home life? Is this an accurate representation of what it is like to work for a law firm?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Avery different from the other employees working for the Firm? Why does he work for the Firm if he does not respect its rules?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)