|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing DeVasher tells Ollie when he enters his office?
2. Which file does Avery say he can't find?
3. What does Mitch say he and Abby will change their names to?
4. In which state is Hemmba a big farmer?
5. What Bruce Springsteen song does Mitch play on the cassette player?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
2. How does Eddie Lomax die?
3. Describe Mitch's meeting with Tammy?
4. Why does the Firm say the FBI is interested in them?
5. Why does the Firm want its employees to start a family?
6. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
7. How does the Firm tempt Mitch into joining the company?
8. Why does Lomax say Lamm's death is suspicious?
9. Why is Abby's new life like in Memphis?
10. Why is Mitch ready to blame Avery if he fails the bar exam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What suggestions are there in the opening chapters that there is something wrong with the Firm? Why does the Firm think someone like Mitch will overlook any suspicions he has?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Mitch's upbringing.
1. What was Mitch's upbringing?
2. How has Mitch's upbringing motivated him to succeed in life?
3. Is there any evidence Mitch is hiding away from the traumas of his past?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)