|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch say he and Abby will change their names to?
2. What Bruce Springsteen song does Mitch play on the cassette player?
3. What does Lambert ask Mitch if he is tired of doing?
4. What does Nina tell Mitch she needs at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Where does Mitch meet Eddie Lomax?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
2. What happens when a employer's wife gives birth?
3. What does Lomax say is suspicious about Mickel's suicide?
4. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
5. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
6. What is Lambert's opinion on secrecy?
7. How does Ray pass his time in prison?
8. Describe Mitch's meeting with Tammy?
9. What does Dutch think about all new employees at the Firm?
10. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mitch's upbringing.
1. What was Mitch's upbringing?
2. How has Mitch's upbringing motivated him to succeed in life?
3. Is there any evidence Mitch is hiding away from the traumas of his past?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)