|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby say Mitch cannot tolerate?
2. Who does Lambert say his employees kill themselves for?
3. Where does Mitch get to after six hours of driving?
4. What does Mitch like doing while eating in the deli?
5. What does Avery say is his passion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Firm want its employees to start a family?
2. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
3. Why does Lomax say Lamm's death is suspicious?
4. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
5. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
6. Why does Mitch think Lomax looks like the Marlboro Man?
7. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
8. How does Eddie Lomax die?
9. How does the Firm assure people keep quiet?
10. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's theme of greed.
1. In what way could Mitch be accused of being one of the novel's greediest characters?
2. How does the theme of greed fit with eighties society?
Essay Topic 2
What suggestions are there in the opening chapters that there is something wrong with the Firm? Why does the Firm think someone like Mitch will overlook any suspicions he has?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Mitch's upbringing.
1. What was Mitch's upbringing?
2. How has Mitch's upbringing motivated him to succeed in life?
3. Is there any evidence Mitch is hiding away from the traumas of his past?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)