|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the FBI say owns the Bendini Firm?
2. What color is the secretary's hair?
3. From which city have the bar exam results come?
4. Why does Avery say the company tolerates his antics?
5. What does Nina tell Mitch she needs at the beginning of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Firm tempt Mitch into joining the company?
2. Why does Mitch think Lomax looks like the Marlboro Man?
3. How does the Firm scare Mitch before they tell him his bar exam results?
4. What kind of people does the Bendini firm like to hire?
5. How does Avery show himself to be a slightly unsavory character?
6. Why does Abank refuse to believe the drug rumors surrounding his son?
7. Describe Mitch's upbringing.
8. What does Lomax say is suspicious about Mickel's suicide?
9. What suggestions are there that Mitch's relationship with Abby is starting to suffer?
10. What happens when a employer's wife gives birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lomax's death affect the story? Why does it affect the story in this way? Are there suggestions earlier in the story that Lomax would die?
Essay Topic 3
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of individualism? What has happened to the characters who have worked more as a collective?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)