|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch do the Saturday after the bar exam?
2. In which state is Hemmba a big farmer?
3. Why does Avery say the company tolerates his antics?
4. In what part of Memphis is the Presbyterian church?
5. Where does the FBI say the cab will take Mitch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
2. How does Eddie Lomax die?
3. Why is Sam Capp so important to the company?
4. How does DeVasher try to keep Mitch quiet?
5. How does the Firm tempt Mitch into joining the company?
6. Why does Abank refuse to believe the drug rumors surrounding his son?
7. How does Ray pass his time in prison?
8. What happens when a employer's wife gives birth?
9. Why does Mitch think Lomax looks like the Marlboro Man?
10. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's theme of greed.
1. In what way could Mitch be accused of being one of the novel's greediest characters?
2. How does the theme of greed fit with eighties society?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)