|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is Abby trying to get started?
2. What does the driver say he has to finish off at home?
3. What does Lambert ask Mitch if he is tired of doing?
4. What was the name of the pirate who roamed the Cayman Islands?
5. What is the only food the restaurant sells?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby instantly see Kay as a friend?
2. Why is Mitch ready to blame Avery if he fails the bar exam?
3. What does Dutch think about all new employees at the Firm?
4. How does Ray pass his time in prison?
5. How does the Firm set Mitch up in this section?
6. What does DeVasher say is strange about Mitch's story about the FBI?
7. Why is the Firm so keen on hiring Mitch?
8. How does Mitch want Eddie Lomax to help him?
9. Why does Lomax say Lamm's death is suspicious?
10. How does Abby's father anger Mitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Mitch turn his back on the FBI? Is it realistic that someone like Mitch could have achieved so much with such limited resources?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)