|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mitch think the companies in the two filing cabinets operate with?
(a) Child labor.
(b) The slave trade.
(d) Dirty money.
2. Why does Mitch need Tammy's help so much?
(a) She is the only person he can trust.
(b) She knows the company.
(c) She is the only who can get into the offices.
(d) His actions are arousing suspicion.
3. Where are Abby and Ray heading for?
(a) The Canary Islands.
(c) Perdido Beach.
4. Where does Abby say the files are?
(a) In mini storage in Memphis.
(b) At a house in Kentucky.
(c) Buried somewhere in a field.
(d) With the Mafia in Chicago.
5. What name does Mitch use to book one of his tickets?
(a) Frank Jupiter.
(b) Jack Torrance.
(c) Sam Fortune.
(d) Peter Petal.
6. Into what kind of account has the FBI deposited one million dollars for Mitch?
(a) A Cayman account.
(b) An offshore account.
(c) A government account.
(d) A Swiss account.
7. What does the author describe as sickly-white?
(a) The clouds.
(b) Mitch's face.
(c) The walls of the cafe.
(d) Tarrance's legs.
8. What does Patrick say he will do for five thousand dollars a day?
(a) Close the hotel.
(b) Send out letters.
(c) Keep the maids away.
(d) Spread rumors.
9. Why is Mitch pleased with his rented car?
(a) It has air conditioning.
(b) It attracts the women.
(c) It is faster than his BMW.
(d) It has no recording devices.
10. What is Tony Verkeler's nickname?
(a) Tony Two Times.
(b) Two Ton Tony.
(c) Moaning Tone.
(d) Tooting Tony.
11. Who arrives at the pier with a small boat?
12. What does Abby tell Tarrance they have a bunch of?
(a) 100 dollar bills.
(b) Dirty pictures.
(c) Dirty files.
13. How does Andy offer to help Mitch and the others escape?
(a) Hiring some of his ex-con buddies.
(b) Sailing them away in his boat.
(c) Driving them away in his truck.
(d) Lending them money for a helicopter.
14. What is the name of the motel where Mitch and the others change for the better?
(a) Sea Gull's Rest Motel.
(b) Red Light Motel.
(c) Open House Motel.
(d) Bird's Nest Motel.
15. How is Tarrance traveling to Chicago?
(a) By Greyhound.
(b) By plane.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Mitch request for his replacement car?
2. Who does Mitch steal ten million dollars from?
3. How does Ray escape?
4. What does Mitch say the mob is worse than?
5. Why does Mitch choose the color maroon for his car?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)