|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sue compares Maud to __________.
(a) a pearl
(b) Sue's mother
(c) fake diamonds
(d) a worm
2. What regulates Maud's day at Briar?
(a) meal times
(b) the calling of the hours by the butler
(c) her appointment book
(d) the chiming of the clock
3. Mrs. Sucksby tells Sue that Sue's mother would be _________ of what Sue is going to do at the Lillys' house.
4. What does Sue do to the dress Maud gives her?
(a) alters and wears it
(b) rips it and stomps on it
(c) tosses it out the window
(d) hands it back to Maud
5. What does Sue realize during the wait for the elopement?
(a) that Sue feels protective of Maud
(b) that Sue has enjoyed being a maid
(c) that Sue is in love with Maud
(d) that Sue will be jealous of Richard marrying Maud
Short Answer Questions
1. Sue agrees to help Gentleman by becoming a ____________ to the rich, young woman.
2. Why must Maud wear gloves?
3. After dinner, Maud _______________.
4. What is the name of Maud's maid?
5. Sue considers the benefits in question 23 to be a form of _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Sue's mother's death?
2. Describe the effect of her uncle's training upon Maud.
3. What is Maud's response to Richard's marriage proposal and how does Sue respond?
4. Describe how Maud's uncle claimed her at the insane asylum.
5. What happens when Richard, Sue and Maud arrive at the insane asylum?
6. What is Gentleman's plan?
7. What are the details of the plan Richard concocts to free Maud and get her inheritance?
8. What do Maud's gloves symbolize?
9. What are Sue's impressions of Maud?
10. What does Maud do after dinner?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)