|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maud cuts the grass around _____________.
(a) the rose bed
(b) her mother's grave
(c) the gate posts
(d) the cherry tree
2. Sue considers the benefits in question 23 to be a form of _________________.
(a) fringe benefits
(c) goodwill from the owners
3. Sue was ___________ by the movie in question 8.
4. What advice does Sue give to Maud about Maud's uncertainty?
(a) that Maud needs to buck up and accept the marriage
(b) to not worry that married life is wonderful
(c) to follow her heart
(d) that Maud is silly because Richard is wonderful
5. How does Maud's mother die?
(a) chokes on a pin she swallowed
(b) Jumping a log on her horse
(c) Hanging herself in the barn
(d) of typoid
Short Answer Questions
1. Sue compares Maud to __________.
2. How does Richard describe Sue?
3. Of what are Maud's gloves symbolic?
4. Maud is ______________________when Sue goes in to her the next morning.
5. What is Sue's main job at Briar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue think of Maud while they are outside by Maud's mother's grave?
2. What does Sue compare Maud to and what is the symbolic significance?
3. Briefly describe Sue's trip and arrival at Briar.
4. What happens in this chapter that foreshadows what happens at the insane asylum?
5. How does Gentleman prepare Sue for her part in the swindle?
6. What is Gentleman's plan?
7. What does Maud ask of Sue and how does Sue respond?
8. What does Sue do to introduce Maud to some normal activities and why does she do so?
9. What is the result of the lovemaking between Sue and Maud?
10. How does Maud feel about this plan and what does she ultimately decide to do?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)