|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maud find so humorous when she observes Richard and Sue together?
(a) that Sue believes Richard is in love with her
(b) that Sue is five inches taller than Richard
(c) that Richard is pretending to be conspiring with Sue
(d) that Richard kisses Sue
2. What do the "doctors" do?
(a) paint Maud's portrait
(b) declare that Maud is still a virgin
(c) sign papers to committ Maud to an insane asylum
(d) say that Richard is the insane one
3. Why does Maud pass the day in a stupor?
(a) she drinks vodka tonics all the time
(b) she does not sleep well because the bed is hard
(c) she is trying a new pill for depression
(d) she has been drugged
4. The house where Christopher Lilly and Maud live is named ___________.
(c) Land's End
5. Maud cuts the grass around _____________.
(a) the cherry tree
(b) the gate posts
(c) her mother's grave
(d) the rose bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Mrs. Sucksby Marianne Lilly's midwife?
2. What is the occupation of the alleged doctors who Richard calls in for a consultation?
3. Why is Charles, the knife boy, beaten?
4. What happens at the insane asylum?
5. What symbolic event happens just as Richard and Maud return to the home after painting out of doors?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)