|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do that creates a wall between her and Maud?
(a) she makes love to Maud supposedly to show Maud what to expect when married
(b) she kisses Richard in front of Maud
(c) she tells Maud the plan to swindle Maud for her money
(d) she steals a dress
2. Of what are Maud's gloves symbolic?
3. How does Richard realize that Maud is falling in love with Sue?
(a) he slaps Maud and makes her tell him
(b) he hears the two of them making love one night
(c) he observes Maud watching Sue sleep while on an outing
(d) he hears Maud confess her love to Sue
4. What advice does Sue give to Maud about Maud's uncertainty?
(a) that Maud needs to buck up and accept the marriage
(b) that Maud is silly because Richard is wonderful
(c) to not worry that married life is wonderful
(d) to follow her heart
5. What does Richard say about Maud's feelings for him?
(a) that her feelings are the key to the elopement
(b) that Maud is afraid of her feelings for him
(c) that Maud's feelings are silly
(d) that they are false
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maud have to learn enough about life in the Borough?
2. Why does Maud find it difficult to look at Sue?
3. When Sue awakens the first morning at Briar, she notices that ___________.
4. Sue's work at the Lillys' will make Sue and Mrs. Sucksby ____________.
5. Why does Maud give Sue one of her dresses?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)