|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
2. How did Hancock explore the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
3. What did Jane Sellers discover using myths?
4. What effect forces the Earth's axis to wobble slowly clockwise while it spins counter-clockwise?
5. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
2. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
3. Why did Hancock mention his researcher's resignation in Chapter 50?
4. What theory is the focus of Chapter 51?
5. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
6. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
7. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
8. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
9. Why was Bauval's discovery that Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line significant?
10. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Hancock's view of the history of ancient civilizations' abilities, and what happened to these civilizations?
Essay Topic 2
What role do deities play in the book? In what different places do you find deities that are similar in appearance and action? What do they tell us about ancient religion?
Essay Topic 3
How does this book treat the theory of evolution?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)