|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
2. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
3. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
4. What happened to the continent after displacement?
5. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
Essay Topic 1
What unsolved mysteries did the author discuss in the book? How did he go about trying to solve them? What appears to be his motivation for uncovering information that might seem trivial to the average person?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 33 through 39, the author seemed to have trouble understanding the mindset of a people (the ancient Egyptians) that would go to such extraordinary lengths to incorporate perfect engineering accuracy into their structures. What possibilities did he consider, and what did he ultimately conclude?
Essay Topic 3
Hancock noted that the granite portcullis in the Great Pyramid (pictured on page 329) seems to serve no purpose other than to make an explorer wonder why and how huge stones are moved and installed in narrow passages. Did he consider any other possible purposes? What did he ultimately conclude?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)