|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the average block of the Great Pyramid weigh?
2. What fits the Earth-displacement theory in Chapter 50?
3. About how many blocks does the Great Pyramid have?
4. What did the Ancient Egyptians understand well, according to Chapter 42?
5. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
2. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
3. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
4. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
5. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
6. What is the cycle of precession?
7. Why did Hancock mention his researcher's resignation in Chapter 50?
8. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
9. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
10. What is eccentricity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Hancock's view of the history of ancient civilizations' abilities, and what happened to these civilizations?
Essay Topic 2
What was the author's main thesis statement, as summarized at the end of the book? What knowledge and experience did he use throughout the book to back up his assertions?
Essay Topic 3
How does this book treat the theory of evolution?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)