|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the base of the Great Pyramid?
2. What effect forces the Earth's axis to wobble slowly clockwise while it spins counter-clockwise?
3. How far does the sun migrate in 72 years?
4. How are the stars Sirius A and B related?
5. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
2. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
3. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
4. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
5. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
6. Why did Hancock determine that the ancient Egyptians' astronomical observation and knowledge of solar system mechanics was clearer than assumed in Chapter 42?
7. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
8. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
9. Why did specialists misinterpret or ignore Bauval's discovery as evidence of an ancient civilization?
10. In Chapter 39, why do you think the Egyptians didn't cut the limestone into smaller pieces to make it easier to move?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are historical and ancient maps used throughout the book? What information do they provide, and in what cases do they disprove earlier assumptions? What is a map, and what power can it possess beyond merely providing a picture of or directions to a place?
Essay Topic 2
What did Hancock learn about the Nazca people and their beliefs and values, based on the permanent drawings in the desert they left behind for posterity?
Essay Topic 3
According to the book, if modern civilization were to be wiped out and discovered in thousands of years, what artifacts would be found?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)