|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take for the axis angle to make a full cycle oscillation across the range?
2. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
3. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
4. How large is the base of the Great Pyramid?
5. What is described in Chapter 51?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
2. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
3. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
4. What theory is the focus of Chapter 51?
5. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
6. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
7. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
8. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
9. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
10. Is Hancock's message in Chapter 52 justified, based on the book as a whole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the ramifications of Hancock's discoveries about the history of Antarctica and the South Pole? How do they relate to contemporary environmental concerns?
Essay Topic 2
Is this book more about the Earth itself or the civilizations who have populated it? Is there a relationship between the two, or are they separate issues that the author explored in his quest to solve mysteries?
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean that the ancient Egyptians were using pi in their architectural structures long before it was officially discovered? Does this notion support the possibility that many ancient peoples had skills or technology that were officially invented later, or is a mathematical construct a different type of ability?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)