|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jane Sellers discover using myths?
2. What did Hipparchus discover?
3. What did the Sun God, Ra, do?
4. How frequently do the planets line up in the order, on the same date, that the Mayans predicted the Fifth Sun ends?
5. In Chapter 36, what is a belief mentioned about the tombs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is eccentricity?
2. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
3. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
4. Is Hancock's message in Chapter 52 justified, based on the book as a whole?
5. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
6. Why did the Greeks build the Great Pyramid with engineering accuracy, whose costs seem to far exceed any benefit?
7. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
8. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
9. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
10. Why did Hancock mention his researcher's resignation in Chapter 50?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Giza necropolis in Chapter 49 referred to as "a machine that stimulates questions"? How did the author test this theory?
Essay Topic 2
What did Hancock learn about the Nazca people and their beliefs and values, based on the permanent drawings in the desert they left behind for posterity?
Essay Topic 3
How does this book treat the theory of evolution?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)