|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
2. How many years is one complete precessional cycle?
3. What fits the Earth-displacement theory in Chapter 50?
4. Who was Ramesses II?
5. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did specialists misinterpret or ignore Bauval's discovery as evidence of an ancient civilization?
2. What is the cycle of precession?
3. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
4. Why did Hancock mention his researcher's resignation in Chapter 50?
5. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
6. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
7. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
8. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
9. What is eccentricity?
10. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 32, the author posed the theory that the convergence of global myths and ancient stories throughout the Earth is evidence of a common author. How did he characterize this author?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 33 through 39, the author seemed to have trouble understanding the mindset of a people (the ancient Egyptians) that would go to such extraordinary lengths to incorporate perfect engineering accuracy into their structures. What possibilities did he consider, and what did he ultimately conclude?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hancock think seemingly primitive peoples like the Nazcans managed to develop an understanding of astronomy, as evidenced by the spider drawing that parallels the Orion constellation?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)