|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
2. What did Jane Sellers discover using myths?
3. How tall is the Great Pyramid?
4. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's lengths and corner angles?
5. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
2. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
3. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
4. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
5. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
6. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
7. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
8. Why did specialists misinterpret or ignore Bauval's discovery as evidence of an ancient civilization?
9. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
10. Why did Hancock mention his researcher's resignation in Chapter 50?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Hancock's view of the history of ancient civilizations' abilities, and what happened to these civilizations?
Essay Topic 2
What role do deities play in the book? In what different places do you find deities that are similar in appearance and action? What do they tell us about ancient religion?
Essay Topic 3
What are the ramifications of Hancock's discoveries about the history of Antarctica and the South Pole? How do they relate to contemporary environmental concerns?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)