Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
2. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
3. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
4. What happened to the continent after displacement?
5. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
Essay Topic 1
Hancock noted that the granite portcullis in the Great Pyramid (pictured on page 329) seems to serve no purpose other than to make an explorer wonder why and how huge stones are moved and installed in narrow passages. Did he consider any other possible purposes? What did he ultimately conclude?
Essay Topic 2
What does it mean that the ancient Egyptians were using pi in their architectural structures long before it was officially discovered? Does this notion support the possibility that many ancient peoples had skills or technology that were officially invented later, or is a mathematical construct a different type of ability?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hancock think seemingly primitive peoples like the Nazcans managed to develop an understanding of astronomy, as evidenced by the spider drawing that parallels the Orion constellation?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)