Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
2. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
3. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
4. What happened to the continent after displacement?
5. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
Essay Topic 1
How are historical and ancient maps used throughout the book? What information do they provide, and in what cases do they disprove earlier assumptions? What is a map, and what power can it possess beyond merely providing a picture of or directions to a place?
Essay Topic 2
Did the author believe most of the mysteries of changes in the Earth and ancient peoples have already been solved, or did he think that there is still a lot of work to be done in these areas?
Essay Topic 3
Hancock noted that the granite portcullis in the Great Pyramid (pictured on page 329) seems to serve no purpose other than to make an explorer wonder why and how huge stones are moved and installed in narrow passages. Did he consider any other possible purposes? What did he ultimately conclude?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)