Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
2. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
3. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
4. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
5. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
2. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
3. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
4. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
5. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
6. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
7. What is the cycle of precession?
8. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
9. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
10. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
How does this book treat the theory of evolution?
What was the author's main thesis statement, as summarized at the end of the book? What knowledge and experience did he use throughout the book to back up his assertions?
What does it mean that the ancient Egyptians were using pi in their architectural structures long before it was officially discovered? Does this notion support the possibility that many ancient peoples had skills or technology that were officially invented later, or is a mathematical construct a different type of ability?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)