|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
2. What did the god of the Andes bring?
3. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
4. What is the "foam of the sea"?
5. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
2. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
3. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
4. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
5. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
6. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
7. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
8. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
9. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
10. Why are stories of floods so universal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hancock think seemingly primitive peoples like the Nazcans managed to develop an understanding of astronomy, as evidenced by the spider drawing that parallels the Orion constellation?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Giza necropolis in Chapter 49 referred to as "a machine that stimulates questions"? How did the author test this theory?
Essay Topic 3
How does this book treat the theory of evolution?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)