|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
2. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
3. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
4. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
5. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
2. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
3. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
4. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
5. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
6. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
7. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
8. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
9. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
10. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hancock noted that the granite portcullis in the Great Pyramid (pictured on page 329) seems to serve no purpose other than to make an explorer wonder why and how huge stones are moved and installed in narrow passages. Did he consider any other possible purposes? What did he ultimately conclude?
Essay Topic 2
What was Hancock's view of the history of ancient civilizations' abilities, and what happened to these civilizations?
Essay Topic 3
What was the author's main thesis statement, as summarized at the end of the book? What knowledge and experience did he use throughout the book to back up his assertions?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)