|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
2. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
3. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
4. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
5. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
2. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
3. What is the god Quetzalcoatl known for?
4. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
5. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
6. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
7. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
8. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
9. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
10. In Chapter 26, what is relayed about the history of modern man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the book, if modern civilization were to be wiped out and discovered in thousands of years, what artifacts would be found?
Essay Topic 2
How does this book treat the theory of evolution?
Essay Topic 3
What was the author's main thesis statement, as summarized at the end of the book? What knowledge and experience did he use throughout the book to back up his assertions?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)