|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
2. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
3. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
4. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
5. What is the "foam of the sea"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
2. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
3. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
4. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
5. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
6. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
7. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
8. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
9. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
10. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does this book treat the theory of evolution?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 32, the author posed the theory that the convergence of global myths and ancient stories throughout the Earth is evidence of a common author. How did he characterize this author?
Essay Topic 3
What did Hancock learn about the Nazca people and their beliefs and values, based on the permanent drawings in the desert they left behind for posterity?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)