|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
2. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
3. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
4. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
5. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
2. In Chapter 17, how and why might these giant boulders have been moved?
3. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
4. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
5. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
6. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
7. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
8. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
9. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
10. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do deities play in the book? In what different places do you find deities that are similar in appearance and action? What do they tell us about ancient religion?
Essay Topic 2
What unsolved mysteries did the author discuss in the book? How did he go about trying to solve them? What appears to be his motivation for uncovering information that might seem trivial to the average person?
Essay Topic 3
According to the book, if modern civilization were to be wiped out and discovered in thousands of years, what artifacts would be found?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)