|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
2. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
3. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
4. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
5. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
2. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
3. In Chapter 26, what is relayed about the history of modern man?
4. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
5. Why are stories of floods so universal?
6. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
7. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
8. Why are the Nazca lines so significant?
9. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
10. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What unsolved mysteries did the author discuss in the book? How did he go about trying to solve them? What appears to be his motivation for uncovering information that might seem trivial to the average person?
Essay Topic 2
According to the book, if modern civilization were to be wiped out and discovered in thousands of years, what artifacts would be found?
Essay Topic 3
What role do deities play in the book? In what different places do you find deities that are similar in appearance and action? What do they tell us about ancient religion?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)