|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
2. What was one of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
3. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
4. What did the god of the Andes bring?
5. How many stories were discovered world-wide about mankind's near annihilation in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
2. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
3. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
4. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
5. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
6. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
7. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
8. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
9. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
10. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What unsolved mysteries did the author discuss in the book? How did he go about trying to solve them? What appears to be his motivation for uncovering information that might seem trivial to the average person?
Essay Topic 2
What was Hancock's belief about the meaning ascribed to ancient myths and legends?
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean that the ancient Egyptians were using pi in their architectural structures long before it was officially discovered? Does this notion support the possibility that many ancient peoples had skills or technology that were officially invented later, or is a mathematical construct a different type of ability?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)