Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
2. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
3. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
4. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
5. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
2. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
3. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
4. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
5. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
6. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
7. What is the cycle of precession?
8. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
9. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
10. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
Why is the Giza necropolis in Chapter 49 referred to as "a machine that stimulates questions"? How did the author test this theory?
Is this book more about the Earth itself or the civilizations who have populated it? Is there a relationship between the two, or are they separate issues that the author explored in his quest to solve mysteries?
What are the ramifications of Hancock's discoveries about the history of Antarctica and the South Pole? How do they relate to contemporary environmental concerns?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)