|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 27, during what years did the Ice Age animal extinctions occur?
2. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
3. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
4. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
5. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
2. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
3. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
4. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
5. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
6. What is the god Quetzalcoatl known for?
7. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
8. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
9. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
10. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Giza necropolis in Chapter 49 referred to as "a machine that stimulates questions"? How did the author test this theory?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the Mayan calendar predicts the end of the world in 2012, and many other ancient myths contain a similar warning. What did Hancock think we should do with this information?
Essay Topic 3
According to the book, if modern civilization were to be wiped out and discovered in thousands of years, what artifacts would be found?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)