|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect forces the Earth's axis to wobble slowly clockwise while it spins counter-clockwise?
2. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
3. What did the Ancient Egyptians understand well, according to Chapter 42?
(a) The mechanics of building structures.
(b) The mechanics of geometry.
(c) The mechanics of language.
(d) The mechanics of the solar system.
4. What is Earth's axis tilt called?
(a) Its obliquity.
(b) Its precess.
(c) Its ecliptic.
(d) Its eccentricity.
5. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
(a) Ocean displacement.
(b) Carbon dating.
(d) Earth-crust displacement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ramesses II?
2. According to Chapter 32, what is the convergence of global myths evidence of?
3. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
4. How frequently do the planets line up in the order, on the same date, that the Mayans predicted the Fifth Sun ends?
5. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
2. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
3. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
4. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
5. Why did specialists misinterpret or ignore Bauval's discovery as evidence of an ancient civilization?
6. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
7. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
8. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
9. Why was Bauval's discovery that Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line significant?
10. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)