|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
(a) Its ecliptic.
(b) Its obliquity.
(c) Its precess.
(d) Its eccentricity.
2. How did Hancock view the lack of a site plan in Chapter 36?
(a) As symbolic.
(b) As evidence that the Egyptians were not an advanced culture.
(c) As an anomaly.
(d) As evidence of another culture's influence.
3. What effect forces the Earth's axis to wobble slowly clockwise while it spins counter-clockwise?
4. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's lengths and corner angles?
(a) They were obviously slapped together quickly.
(b) They are too worn out to be measured.
(c) They are surprisingly inaccurate.
(d) They are unusually accurate.
5. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the sun migrate in 72 years?
2. How many years is one complete precessional cycle?
3. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
4. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
5. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
2. Why did specialists misinterpret or ignore Bauval's discovery as evidence of an ancient civilization?
3. Why did Hancock determine that the ancient Egyptians' astronomical observation and knowledge of solar system mechanics was clearer than assumed in Chapter 42?
4. What is the cycle of precession?
5. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
6. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
7. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
8. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
9. Why did Hancock mention his researcher's resignation in Chapter 50?
10. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)