|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's lengths and corner angles?
(a) They are too worn out to be measured.
(b) They are unusually accurate.
(c) They are surprisingly inaccurate.
(d) They were obviously slapped together quickly.
2. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
(a) Its precess.
(b) Its eccentricity.
(c) Its obliquity.
(d) Its ecliptic.
3. How many gods is Heliopolis associated with?
4. What fits the Earth-displacement theory in Chapter 50?
(a) A map of the South Pole.
(b) An outline of the South Pole.
(c) An outline about Antarctica.
(d) A map of Antarctica.
5. What does the Piri Reis map provide?
(a) Evidence of an ancient civilization with technological skills.
(b) Evidence of an ancient civilization with global knowlege.
(c) Evidence of an ancient civilization with celestial knowledge.
(d) Evidence of an ancient civilization with the ability to move heavy boulders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 38, how did Hancock observe the Great Pyramid?
2. How many years is one complete precessional cycle?
3. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
4. What is surprising about the granite used to sculpt the Second Pyramid?
5. How did Hancock view the lack of a site plan in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory is the focus of Chapter 51?
2. Why did the Greeks build the Great Pyramid with engineering accuracy, whose costs seem to far exceed any benefit?
3. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
4. Why did specialists misinterpret or ignore Bauval's discovery as evidence of an ancient civilization?
5. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
6. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
7. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
8. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
9. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
10. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)