|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's faces?
(a) Its faces are perfectly aligned.
(b) Its faces are more visible by night.
(c) Its faces are slightly off in their alignment.
(d) Its faces are only visible by day.
2. How high is the entry to the Great Pyramid?
(a) 3 feet 6 inches.
(b) 36 feet.
(c) 36 yards.
(d) 36 meters.
3. What was discovered about unmapped oceans in Chapter 50?
(a) They still support a lost civilization.
(b) They could not have supported a lost civilization.
(c) They probably could have supported a lost civilization.
(d) They definitely could have supported a lost civilization.
4. In how many years is the cycle of precession completed?
5. Who were Palermo Stone and Turin Papyrus?
(a) Kings after the First Dynasty.
(b) Kings during the First Dynasty.
(d) Kings before the First Dynasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a fourth element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
2. What did Jane Sellers discover using myths?
3. To what superhuman are Viracocha and Quetzalcoatl compared?
4. When is it believed that the Great Pyramid was built?
5. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
2. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
3. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
4. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
5. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
6. What is eccentricity?
7. What is the cycle of precession?
8. What did the author mean in Chapter 33 when he referred to the boats at the base of the Great Pyramid as seeming to be of a quality exceeding the presumed need to transport a dead king to heaven?
9. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
10. Is Hancock's message in Chapter 52 justified, based on the book as a whole?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)