|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Palermo Stone and Turin Papyrus?
(a) Kings during the First Dynasty.
(b) Kings before the First Dynasty.
(c) Kings after the First Dynasty.
2. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
(a) Through early migration.
(b) Through early writing.
3. How many years is one complete precessional cycle?
4. Who was Ramesses II?
(a) The pharaoh buried in the Seti I Temple.
(b) A Pharaoh before the time of the Biblical Exodus.
(c) The pharaoh during the time of the Biblical Exodus.
(d) The father of Seti I.
5. To what superhuman are Viracocha and Quetzalcoatl compared?
(a) Palermo Stone.
(d) Turin Papyrus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heliopolis known as?
2. How frequently do the planets line up in the order, on the same date, that the Mayans predicted the Fifth Sun ends?
3. What does the chart on page 472 show?
4. What did the Sun God, Ra, do?
5. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
2. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
3. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
4. What is the cycle of precession?
5. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
6. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
7. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
8. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
9. Why did the Greeks build the Great Pyramid with engineering accuracy, whose costs seem to far exceed any benefit?
10. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)