|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described in Chapter 51?
(a) The effect of Earth-crust displacement on the continents.
(b) The effects of evolution on the continents.
(c) The effects of the Ice Age on the continents.
(d) The effects of ocean displacement on the continents.
2. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
3. What was the large Antarctic landmass supporting in Chapter 51?
(b) An ancient civilization.
4. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
(a) A sphere's radius to circumference.
(b) A sphere's circumference to area.
(c) A sphere's area to circumference.
(d) A sphere's circumference to radius.
5. What did Hancock note about moving the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
(a) In 2003, only 2 land-based cranes in the world could move them.
(b) A crane capable of moving them was not invented until 2003.
(c) A crane capable of moving them was not invented until 1993.
(d) In 1993, only 2 land-based cranes in the world could move them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 38, how did Hancock observe the Great Pyramid?
2. In how many years is the cycle of precession completed?
3. What is Earth's axis tilt called?
4. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
5. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cycle of precession?
2. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
3. What theory is the focus of Chapter 51?
4. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
5. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
6. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
7. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
8. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
9. Why did specialists misinterpret or ignore Bauval's discovery as evidence of an ancient civilization?
10. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)