|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hipparchus discover?
2. What is surprising about the granite used to sculpt the Second Pyramid?
(a) The type of granite was not found anywhere else.
(b) The sculptures appear primitive for that time period.
(c) There is no evidence the necessary drilling tools existed.
(d) There is no evidence that the granite could be moved there.
3. What did the Ancient Egyptians understand well, according to Chapter 42?
(a) The mechanics of building structures.
(b) The mechanics of the solar system.
(c) The mechanics of geometry.
(d) The mechanics of language.
4. How many years does it take for the sun to shift 60 degrees?
5. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
2. What does the Giza site arrangement mirror?
3. How many zodiac constellations are there?
4. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
5. How tall is the Great Pyramid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
2. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
3. What theory is the focus of Chapter 51?
4. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
5. In Chapter 39, why do you think the Egyptians didn't cut the limestone into smaller pieces to make it easier to move?
6. Why was Bauval's discovery that Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line significant?
7. Is Hancock's message in Chapter 52 justified, based on the book as a whole?
8. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
9. Why did Hancock determine that the ancient Egyptians' astronomical observation and knowledge of solar system mechanics was clearer than assumed in Chapter 42?
10. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)