|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
(a) A sphere's circumference to radius.
(b) A sphere's radius to circumference.
(c) A sphere's area to circumference.
(d) A sphere's circumference to area.
2. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
(a) They could have been cut smaller to be moved more easily.
(b) Limestone was not found anywhere else.
(c) Granite would have been easier to move than limestone.
(d) They could not possibly have been moved.
3. What did the Sun God, Ra, do?
(a) Control the movement of the stars.
(b) Control darkness and light.
(c) Sit on a throne surrounded by lesser gods.
(d) Give orders to lesser gods.
4. What did the author do in Chapter 52?
(a) Warn mankind about the dangers of ignoring warnings.
(b) Reassure readers that the calamities will not happen again.
(c) Celebrate mankind's attempts to prevent further calamities.
(d) Stir up controversy about whether future calamities will occur.
5. What was discovered about unmapped oceans in Chapter 50?
(a) They still support a lost civilization.
(b) They probably could have supported a lost civilization.
(c) They definitely could have supported a lost civilization.
(d) They could not have supported a lost civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
2. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
3. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's faces?
4. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
5. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
2. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
3. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
4. Why did Hancock mention his researcher's resignation in Chapter 50?
5. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
6. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
7. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
8. Why did Hancock determine that the ancient Egyptians' astronomical observation and knowledge of solar system mechanics was clearer than assumed in Chapter 42?
9. What is the cycle of precession?
10. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)