|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what did Hancock explore?
(a) Pyramids with unidentified, empty coffins.
(b) Pyramids with the coffins of peasants.
(c) Pyramids with coffins that have been looted.
(d) Pyramids with the coffins of specific pharaohs.
2. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The need to bulldoze modern structures so only old ones remain.
(b) The need to protect future generations from knowledge of the past.
(c) The need to mobilize resources to preserve a remnant for ancestry.
(d) The need to mobilize resources to rebuild ancient civilizations.
3. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
(a) It was thought to be discovered later by the Phoenicians.
(b) It was thought to be discovered later by the Altruscans.
(c) It was thought to be discovered later by the Greeks.
(d) It was thought to be discovered later by the Romans.
4. Who is Jane Sellers?
(a) A geologist-astronomer.
(b) An archaeo-astronomer.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A socio-astronomer.
5. What does the Giza site arrangement mirror?
(a) The sky's appearance in 4,540 B.C.
(b) The sky's appearance in 8,450 B.C.
(c) The sky's appearance in 10,450 B.C.
(d) The sky's appearance in 250 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gods is Heliopolis associated with?
2. How many miles per hour does the Earth revolve on its own axis?
3. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
4. How high is the antechamber ceiling of the Great Pyramid?
5. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
2. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
3. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
4. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
5. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
6. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
7. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
8. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
9. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
10. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)