|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many years is the cycle of precession completed?
2. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
(a) It was thought to be discovered later by the Altruscans.
(b) It was thought to be discovered later by the Phoenicians.
(c) It was thought to be discovered later by the Greeks.
(d) It was thought to be discovered later by the Romans.
3. What did Hipparchus discover?
4. How did Hancock view the lack of a site plan in Chapter 36?
(a) As an anomaly.
(b) As symbolic.
(c) As evidence that the Egyptians were not an advanced culture.
(d) As evidence of another culture's influence.
5. What was inside the Second Pyramid?
(a) Gold treasures.
(b) An empty sarcophagus.
(c) Bone fragments.
(d) An embalmed mummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Giza site arrangement mirror?
2. Who was Ramesses II?
3. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
4. What did Christian Eusebius discover about Manetho's texts and the Bible?
5. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
2. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
3. In Chapter 39, why do you think the Egyptians didn't cut the limestone into smaller pieces to make it easier to move?
4. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
5. Why did the Greeks build the Great Pyramid with engineering accuracy, whose costs seem to far exceed any benefit?
6. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
7. What did the author mean in Chapter 33 when he referred to the boats at the base of the Great Pyramid as seeming to be of a quality exceeding the presumed need to transport a dead king to heaven?
8. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
9. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
10. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)