|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author do in Chapter 52?
(a) Reassure readers that the calamities will not happen again.
(b) Celebrate mankind's attempts to prevent further calamities.
(c) Stir up controversy about whether future calamities will occur.
(d) Warn mankind about the dangers of ignoring warnings.
2. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
(a) Pharoahs ruling the Nile Valley.
(b) Gods punishing everyday Egyptians.
(c) Gods ruling the Nile Valley.
(d) Gods punishing pharoahs.
3. When is it believed that the Great Pyramid was built?
(a) 4,500 B.C.
(b) 5,000 B.C.
(c) 4,000 B.C.
(d) 5,400 B.C.
4. How many degrees are allocated on the elliptic for each constellation?
5. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
(a) Pyramid of Isis.
(b) Pyramid of Osiris.
(c) Pyramid of the Moon.
(d) Pyramid of the Sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what are said to be encoded in the myths?
2. What does the chart on page 472 show?
3. How many years does it take for the axis angle to make a full cycle oscillation across the range?
4. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
5. To what superhuman are Viracocha and Quetzalcoatl compared?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
2. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
3. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
4. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
5. What did the author mean in Chapter 33 when he referred to the boats at the base of the Great Pyramid as seeming to be of a quality exceeding the presumed need to transport a dead king to heaven?
6. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
7. In Chapter 39, why do you think the Egyptians didn't cut the limestone into smaller pieces to make it easier to move?
8. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
9. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
10. What is the connection between the Mayans and modern astrologers?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)