|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the stars Sirius A and B related?
(a) They form a circle with other stars.
(b) They line up with other stars.
(c) B circles A.
(d) A circles B.
2. How many zodiac constellations are there?
(b) More than 1,000.
(c) More than 100.
3. In Chapter 31, what are said to be encoded in the myths?
4. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
(a) Ocean displacement.
(b) Carbon dating.
(d) Earth-crust displacement.
5. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's faces?
(a) Its faces are perfectly aligned.
(b) Its faces are more visible by night.
(c) Its faces are only visible by day.
(d) Its faces are slightly off in their alignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many degrees are allocated on the elliptic for each constellation?
2. What did sacred writings offer evidence of in Chapter 41?
3. What did Christian Eusebius discover about Manetho's texts and the Bible?
4. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
5. How many gods is Heliopolis associated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Greeks build the Great Pyramid with engineering accuracy, whose costs seem to far exceed any benefit?
2. Is Hancock correct in his assertion that what he discovered that has already happened, can happen again?
3. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
4. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
5. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
6. Why was Bauval's discovery that Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line significant?
7. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
8. Is Hancock's message in Chapter 52 justified, based on the book as a whole?
9. How did Hancock resolve the absence of any lost continent in Chapter 50?
10. What theory is the focus of Chapter 51?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)