|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 meters.
(b) 28 feet.
(c) 28 yards.
(d) 28 inches.
2. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
3. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
4. What are Mercator projections?
(a) The projection of a map on a screen.
(b) The transfer of data from paper to globe without distortion.
(c) The projection of a globe on a screen.
(d) The transfer of data from globe to paper without distortion.
5. When could longitude first be determined?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
2. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
3. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
4. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
5. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how and why might these giant boulders have been moved?
2. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
3. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
4. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
5. In Chapter 36, which explanation for the pyramids with empty coffins is the most plausible?
6. What is the cycle of precession?
7. In Chapter 38, how did the Egyptians manage to drill through granite without the necessary tools?
8. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
9. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
10. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)