|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Ricinulei"?
(a) A rare spider.
(b) A land mass.
(c) A map.
(d) A cartographer.
2. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 25,000 miles.
(b) 25,000 kilometers.
(c) 15,000 miles.
(d) 15,000 kilometers.
3. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
4. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 60 meters.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 10 meters.
5. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent completely made up of water.
(c) A continent covered with ice.
(d) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
2. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
3. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
4. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
5. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
2. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
3. In Chapter 39, why do you think the Egyptians didn't cut the limestone into smaller pieces to make it easier to move?
4. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
5. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
6. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
7. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
8. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
9. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
10. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)