|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
(a) Covered by water.
(b) Without water.
2. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
(a) Longitudes of Europe and Asia.
(b) Longitudes of South America and Africa.
(c) Latitudes of South America and Africa.
(d) Latitudes of Europe and Asia.
3. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 yards.
(b) 28 inches.
(c) 28 feet.
(d) 28 meters.
4. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1718 A.D.
(b) 1518 A.D.
(c) 1618 A.D.
(d) 1818 A.D.
5. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 25,000 miles.
(b) 15,000 kilometers.
(c) 25,000 kilometers.
(d) 15,000 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
2. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
3. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
4. When could longitude first be determined?
5. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
2. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
3. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
4. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
5. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
6. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
7. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
8. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
9. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
10. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)