|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
(a) An image of a pharoah.
(b) An image of a temple builder.
(c) An image of Viracocha.
(d) An image of a boat.
2. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
3. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(a) Love, kindness, and charity.
(d) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
4. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(b) Causing earthquakes.
(c) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(d) Causing landslides.
5. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine tachometer.
(b) The marine thermometer.
(c) The marine barometer.
(d) The marine chronometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
2. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
3. What is a lost civilization believed to be buried under in The Mystery of the Maps?
4. Where are the Luiseno located?
5. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
2. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
3. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
4. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
5. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
6. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
7. In Chapter 26, what is relayed about the history of modern man?
8. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
9. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
10. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)