|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) The planets.
(b) The sun and moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) A meteorite.
2. What is a lost civilization believed to be buried under in The Mystery of the Maps?
3. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(c) A continent covered with ice.
(d) A continent completely made up of water.
4. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
(b) Central America.
(c) Peru and Bolivia.
5. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
(a) John Harris.
(b) Howard Johnson.
(c) John Harrison.
(d) Harold Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
2. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
3. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
4. When could longitude first be determined?
5. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the god Quetzalcoatl known for?
2. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
3. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
4. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
5. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
6. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
7. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
8. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
9. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
10. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)