|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
2. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) Salt-water creatures.
(b) No fossil sea shells.
(c) No living creatures.
(d) Fresh-water creatures.
3. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
4. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
5. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
Short Answer Questions
1. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
2. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
3. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
4. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
5. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
2. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
3. In Chapter 17, how and why might these giant boulders have been moved?
4. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
5. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
6. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
7. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
8. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
9. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
10. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)