|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(b) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(d) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
2. What was one of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by aliens from outer space.
(b) They were drawn by super-humans.
(c) They were drawn by different groups of people.
(d) They were drawn by computers.
3. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
4. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
(a) Tall, Caucasian, bearded men.
(b) Tall, dark women.
(c) Tall, dark, bearded men.
(d) Tall, Caucasian women.
5. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(a) Central America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stories were discovered world-wide about mankind's near annihilation in Chapter 24?
2. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
3. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
4. What could the First Men see?
5. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
2. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
3. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
4. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
5. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
6. Why are stories of floods so universal?
7. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
8. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
9. What is the god Quetzalcoatl known for?
10. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)