|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
(a) Howard Johnson.
(b) John Harris.
(c) Harold Johnson.
(d) John Harrison.
2. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
3. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
4. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
5. What is the crowning Mayan achievement?
(a) The "Long Count."
(b) The "Long Meter."
(c) The "Long Time."
(d) The "Long Day."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
2. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
3. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
4. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
5. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
2. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
3. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
4. In Chapter 26, what is relayed about the history of modern man?
5. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
6. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
7. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
8. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
9. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
10. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)