|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 461 tons.
(b) 361 pounds.
(c) 461 pounds.
(d) 361 tons.
2. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
(a) Tall, Caucasian women.
(b) Tall, dark, bearded men.
(c) Tall, Caucasian, bearded men.
(d) Tall, dark women.
3. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
(a) It is half the size.
(b) It is twice the size.
(c) It is one-third the size.
(d) It is three times the size.
4. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
(b) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(c) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
(d) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
5. What are Nazca lines?
(a) Lines on a map.
(b) Lines in caves.
(c) Land on which lines are drawn.
(d) Lines on trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
2. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
3. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
4. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
5. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
2. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
3. What is the god Quetzalcoatl known for?
4. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
5. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
6. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
7. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
8. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
9. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
10. Why are stories of floods so universal?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)