|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
(a) Warm spells.
(b) Volcanic ash debris.
2. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
3. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
(a) The basis for Mayan doomsday predictions.
(b) The basis for darkness predictions.
(c) The basis for ice age predictions.
(d) The basis for flooding predictions.
4. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1818 A.D.
(b) 1718 A.D.
(c) 1518 A.D.
(d) 1618 A.D.
5. What was one of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by different groups of people.
(b) They were drawn by super-humans.
(c) They were drawn by computers.
(d) They were drawn by aliens from outer space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
2. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
3. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
4. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
5. According to Chapter 27, during what years did the Ice Age animal extinctions occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
2. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
3. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
4. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
5. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
6. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
7. Why are stories of floods so universal?
8. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
9. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
10. In Chapter 17, how and why might these giant boulders have been moved?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)