|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
2. What did the Olmecs invent?
(a) Slingshots and arrows.
(b) Tools for sculpture.
(c) A calendar system.
(d) A zodiac system.
3. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(b) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(d) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
4. What are Nazca lines?
(a) Lines on a map.
(b) Lines in caves.
(c) Lines on trees.
(d) Land on which lines are drawn.
5. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
2. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
3. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
4. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
5. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
2. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
3. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
4. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
5. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
6. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
7. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
8. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
9. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
10. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)