|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
(a) Covered by water.
(b) Without water.
2. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
(b) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(c) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
(d) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
3. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
4. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
5. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
2. What is the "foam of the sea"?
3. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
4. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
5. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
2. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
3. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
4. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
5. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
6. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
7. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
8. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
9. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
10. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)