|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crowning Mayan achievement?
(a) The "Long Count."
(b) The "Long Meter."
(c) The "Long Time."
(d) The "Long Day."
2. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
(b) Peru and Bolivia.
(c) Central America.
3. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
4. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
(a) Famine and plagues.
(b) Earthquakes and famine.
(c) Plagues and darkness.
(d) Floods and darkness.
5. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
(a) A dark-skinned god with dark hair.
(b) A white-skinned god with auburn hair.
(c) A white-skinned, bearded god.
(d) A dark-skinned, bearded god.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
2. What are Mercator projections?
3. When could longitude first be determined?
4. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the sun during the Ice Age?
5. What did the Olmecs invent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how and why might these giant boulders have been moved?
2. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
3. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
4. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
5. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
6. Why are stories of floods so universal?
7. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
8. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
9. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
10. Why are the Nazca lines so significant?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)