|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
2. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(b) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(d) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
3. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
4. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
(a) Harold Johnson.
(b) John Harrison.
(c) Howard Johnson.
(d) John Harris.
5. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 yards.
(b) 28 feet.
(c) 28 inches.
(d) 28 meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
2. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
3. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
4. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
5. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
2. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
3. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
4. In Chapter 26, what is relayed about the history of modern man?
5. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
6. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
7. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
8. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
9. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
10. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)