|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(b) A painting of birds.
(c) Birds in flight.
(d) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
2. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
(c) Central America.
3. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1518 A.D.
(b) 1618 A.D.
(c) 1818 A.D.
(d) 1718 A.D.
4. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
5. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
(a) Latitudes of South America and Africa.
(b) Latitudes of Europe and Asia.
(c) Longitudes of Europe and Asia.
(d) Longitudes of South America and Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illusion appears on the Temple of Kululkan?
2. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
3. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
4. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
5. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
2. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
3. What accounts for differing ideas of when the Sphinx was built?
4. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
5. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
6. Explain why seasons occur in different hemispheres.
7. What is the cycle of precession?
8. What explains the fluctuations in Egyptian agriculture, as explored in Chapter 46?
9. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
10. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)