|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural disasters accompany the Mayan myths?
(a) Plague and famine.
(b) Volcanoes and earthquakes.
(c) Darkness and pestilence.
(d) Ice and flooding.
2. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
3. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
(a) Three and a half million.
(b) Five million.
(c) Five billion.
(d) Three and a half billion.
4. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 60 meters.
(c) 10 meters.
(d) 60 miles.
5. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 12 meters.
(b) 20 meters.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
2. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
3. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
4. What illusion appears on the Temple of Kululkan?
5. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
2. Why are stories of floods so universal?
3. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
4. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
5. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
6. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
7. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
8. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
9. Why are the Nazca lines so significant?
10. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)