|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Luiseno located?
2. What is the "foam of the sea"?
(a) A picture.
(b) A constellation.
(c) A part of a map.
(d) A god.
3. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Peru and Bolivia.
(d) Central America.
4. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
(a) Central America.
5. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
(a) More ice-free terrain.
(b) More muddy terrain.
(c) More icy terrain.
(d) More mud-free terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Ricinulei"?
2. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
3. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
4. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
5. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
2. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
3. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
4. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
5. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
6. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
7. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
8. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
9. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
10. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)