|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
(b) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(c) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
(d) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
2. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
(c) Volcanic ash debris.
(d) Warm spells.
3. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
(a) A white-skinned god with auburn hair.
(b) A white-skinned, bearded god.
(c) A dark-skinned, bearded god.
(d) A dark-skinned god with dark hair.
4. What is "Ricinulei"?
(a) A land mass.
(b) A rare spider.
(c) A cartographer.
(d) A map.
5. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
2. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
3. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
4. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
5. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
2. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
3. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
4. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
5. In Chapter 26, what is relayed about the history of modern man?
6. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
7. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
8. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
9. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
10. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)