|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
2. Where are the Luiseno located?
3. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
4. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
5. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
(a) Central America.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
2. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
3. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
4. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
5. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
2. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
3. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
4. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
5. What two aspects of the Great Pyramid remain a mystery?
6. What is the obliquity of the ecliptic?
7. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
8. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
9. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
10. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)