|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
2. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
(a) 40,000 years earlier.
(b) 4,000 years earlier.
(c) 30,000 years earlier.
(d) 3,000 years earlier.
3. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
4. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 12 feet.
(b) 12 meters.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 20 meters.
5. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine barometer.
(b) The marine tachometer.
(c) The marine thermometer.
(d) The marine chronometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
2. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
3. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
4. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
5. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
2. What evidence is there in Chapter 27 to indicate that the freeze was sudden?
3. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
4. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
5. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
6. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
7. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
8. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
9. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
10. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)