|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1818 A.D.
(b) 1618 A.D.
(c) 1518 A.D.
(d) 1718 A.D.
2. What was one of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by different groups of people.
(b) They were drawn by super-humans.
(c) They were drawn by aliens from outer space.
(d) They were drawn by computers.
3. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
(a) Warm spells.
(c) Volcanic ash debris.
4. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
(b) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(c) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
(d) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
5. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is one-third the size.
(c) It is half the size.
(d) It is three times the size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illusion appears on the Temple of Kululkan?
2. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
3. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
4. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
5. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Nazca lines so significant?
2. What did the founder of modern Egyptology mean in Chapter 34 when he said that the Great Pyramid's builders "thought like men 100 feet tall"?
3. What was Viracocha credited with bringing to Peru?
4. Was Jane Sellers correct about the key astronomical numbers playing minor roles in the Osiris myths?
5. Is it a coincidence that the Great Pyramid is an accurate scale-model of Earth's northern hemisphere?
6. As theorized in Chapter 28, do ancient myth contains a veiled method for expressing the technical terms for advanced astronomy?
7. What message did Hancock wish to send to mankind in Chapter 52?
8. Why did the Greeks build the Great Pyramid with engineering accuracy, whose costs seem to far exceed any benefit?
9. What did the ancient Egyptians mean when they believed the Sphinx guarded the "Splendid Place at the Beginning of All Time"?
10. Was Hipparchus the first to know about precession?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)