|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
2. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
(a) Five million.
(b) Five billion.
(c) Three and a half million.
(d) Three and a half billion.
3. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
(a) It is one-third the size.
(b) It is three times the size.
(c) It is twice the size.
(d) It is half the size.
4. What natural disasters accompany the Mayan myths?
(a) Darkness and pestilence.
(b) Volcanoes and earthquakes.
(c) Ice and flooding.
(d) Plague and famine.
5. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
(a) Using sun-dials.
(b) Using astrology.
(c) Using geometry.
(d) Using astronomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
2. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
3. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
4. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
5. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Should the Olmecs' homeland have been destroyed by oil interests?
2. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
3. Why are Mercator-type maps especially notable?
4. Why is it believed that the Tiahuanaco culture was able to migrate after a catastrophe, whereas so many other cultures were wiped out by them?
5. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
6. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
7. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
8. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
9. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
10. What tends to accompany stories of ice ages?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)