|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
2. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
3. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
4. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
(b) Warm spells.
(c) Volcanic ash debris.
5. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
(a) Use of weapons.
(b) Teaching of skills and science.
(c) Building of altars.
(d) Human sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
2. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
3. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
4. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
5. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it plausible that the human race was destroyed in each cycle of the Mayans "Suns" calendar?
2. How is the origin of the Mayan's advanced learning explained?
3. What evidence is there that the Nazcan were astronomers?
4. In Chapter 17, how and why might these giant boulders have been moved?
5. Why are stories of floods so universal?
6. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
7. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
8. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
9. In Chapter 14, how is the god Quetzlcoatl characterized?
10. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)