|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
2. What natural disasters accompany the Mayan myths?
(a) Ice and flooding.
(b) Darkness and pestilence.
(c) Volcanoes and earthquakes.
(d) Plague and famine.
3. What is the crowning Mayan achievement?
(a) The "Long Count."
(b) The "Long Meter."
(c) The "Long Time."
(d) The "Long Day."
4. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(a) Line drawings.
(b) Gigantic heads.
(c) Seashell jewelry.
5. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
2. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
3. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
4. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
5. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the fact that so many things about the Earth seem to have been discovered long before modern man officially discovered them?
2. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
3. Based on Chapter 26, what is currently known about the history of the Ice Age?
4. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
5. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
6. How did the ancients come upon their use of pi?
7. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
8. How and why were the Nazca able to accomplish what they did with their lines?
9. Why are the Nazca lines so significant?
10. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)