|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
(a) Pictures by a vanished civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
(b) Pictures by an existing civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
(c) Pictures by an existing civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(d) Pictures by a vanished civilization of close parts of the Earth.
2. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
(c) Snow and ice.
3. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
(a) The basis for ice age predictions.
(b) The basis for flooding predictions.
(c) The basis for Mayan doomsday predictions.
(d) The basis for darkness predictions.
4. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) The planets.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun and moon.
(d) A meteorite.
5. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
2. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
3. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
4. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
5. How is longitude defined?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
2. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
3. Describe the god Viracocha's appearance.
4. How could the same type of vessel used in the Nile also appear in Lake Titicaca?
5. Why did the Ancient Mexican civilizations believe sacrificing children would delay the destruction of the world?
6. What happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals during the Ice Age?
7. Describe how the Andes viewed Viracocha.
8. According to Chapter 27, what parts of the world were submerged by flooding during the Ice Age?
9. According to Chapter 27, what happened to animals during the Ice Age?
10. Why is it especially unusual that longitude could have been determined accurately long before the marine chronometer was invented?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)