|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was displaced when the crust shifted?
(c) An ancient civilization.
2. What is a second element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The near-total impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(b) The partial impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(c) The future impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(d) The lack of impact of cataclysm on civilization.
3. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
(a) Through early migration.
(c) Through early writing.
4. How did Hancock explore the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) From afar.
(b) From the inside.
(c) From the top.
(d) From a plane.
5. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
(a) 6 million pounds.
(b) 6 thousand pounds.
(c) 6 million tons.
(d) 6 thousand tons.
6. What did Robert Bauval discover?
(a) Orion's belt only has two stars.
(b) Orion's three belt stars are in a straight line.
(c) Orion's belt has four stars.
(d) Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line.
7. How is the Egyptians' knowledge protected, according to Chapter 42?
(a) A lack of mythology.
(b) Coding in metaphors and allegories.
(c) A lack of sacred texts.
(d) Coding in sacred texts.
8. How did Hancock view the lack of a site plan in Chapter 36?
(a) As evidence of another culture's influence.
(b) As an anomaly.
(c) As evidence that the Egyptians were not an advanced culture.
(d) As symbolic.
9. What is Heliopolis known as?
(a) City of the Gods.
(b) City of the Sun.
(c) City of the Sky.
(d) City of Light.
10. Who were Palermo Stone and Turin Papyrus?
(b) Kings after the First Dynasty.
(c) Kings before the First Dynasty.
(d) Kings during the First Dynasty.
11. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the builders used such precision on a tomb.
(b) Why the pharaoh was buried in a pyramid.
(c) Why the pyramid was not used to bury a pharaoh.
(d) Why the builders used such imprecision on a tomb.
12. In Chapter 31, what are said to be encoded in the myths?
13. What do the documents in Chapter 43 list?
(a) Kings before the First Dynasty.
(b) Kings during the Second Dynasty.
(c) Kings during the First Dynasty.
(d) Kings after the First Dynasty.
14. How many gods is Heliopolis associated with?
15. In how many years is the cycle of precession completed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take for the axis angle to make a full cycle oscillation across the range?
2. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
3. What did Hancock's researcher do in Chapter 50?
4. How tall is the Great Pyramid?
5. About how many blocks does the Great Pyramid have?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)