|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Great Return"?
(a) The end of the Ice Age.
(b) A migratory pattern.
(c) The tale of Osiris.
(d) A complete precessional cycle.
2. What is described in Chapter 51?
(a) The effects of the Ice Age on the continents.
(b) The effects of ocean displacement on the continents.
(c) The effect of Earth-crust displacement on the continents.
(d) The effects of evolution on the continents.
3. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
4. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
(a) Pyramid of Isis.
(b) Pyramid of Osiris.
(c) Pyramid of the Moon.
(d) Pyramid of the Sun.
5. What did the Sun God, Ra, do?
(a) Control darkness and light.
(b) Sit on a throne surrounded by lesser gods.
(c) Give orders to lesser gods.
(d) Control the movement of the stars.
6. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
(a) Limestone was not found anywhere else.
(b) Granite would have been easier to move than limestone.
(c) They could not possibly have been moved.
(d) They could have been cut smaller to be moved more easily.
7. How many years is the sun housed in each of the zodiacal constellations?
8. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
(a) Specialists do not want others to suspect ancient civilization.
(b) Specialists suspect ancient civilization, but ignore it.
(c) Specialists suspect the absence of ancient civilization.
(d) Specialists have not considered ancient civilization.
9. What was the large Antarctic landmass supporting in Chapter 51?
(d) An ancient civilization.
10. What was inside the Second Pyramid?
(a) Bone fragments.
(b) Gold treasures.
(c) An empty sarcophagus.
(d) An embalmed mummy.
11. What was displaced when the crust shifted?
(a) An ancient civilization.
12. What did Hancock's researcher conclude in Chapter 50?
(a) The lost civilization still exists.
(b) A lost civilization was supported by a landmass.
(c) There was definitely a lost civilization.
(d) There was no lost civilization.
13. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
(a) Gods punishing everyday Egyptians.
(b) Pharoahs ruling the Nile Valley.
(c) Gods punishing pharoahs.
(d) Gods ruling the Nile Valley.
14. What is a second element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The partial impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(b) The future impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(c) The lack of impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(d) The near-total impact of cataclysm on civilization.
15. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the builders used such precision on a tomb.
(b) Why the pharaoh was buried in a pyramid.
(c) Why the builders used such imprecision on a tomb.
(d) Why the pyramid was not used to bury a pharaoh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
2. What was discovered about unmapped oceans in Chapter 50?
3. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's lengths and corner angles?
4. How did Hancock view the lack of a site plan in Chapter 36?
5. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)