|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was inside the Second Pyramid?
(a) Bone fragments.
(b) An empty sarcophagus.
(c) An embalmed mummy.
(d) Gold treasures.
2. What did Hancock propose in Chapter 52?
(a) Specific messages to be sent to other planets.
(b) Encoded messages to future generations.
(c) Protecting future generations from knowledge of the past.
(d) Specific messages to future generations.
3. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
4. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
5. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
(a) Pyramid of Osiris.
(b) Pyramid of the Sun.
(c) Pyramid of Isis.
(d) Pyramid of the Moon.
6. In Chapter 30, what metaphorical image is an allegory in myths world-wide?
(a) A heavenly house.
(b) A heavenly mill.
(c) A heavenly horse.
(d) A heavenly barn.
7. What was displaced when the crust shifted?
(b) An ancient civilization.
8. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the builders used such precision on a tomb.
(b) Why the builders used such imprecision on a tomb.
(c) Why the pharaoh was buried in a pyramid.
(d) Why the pyramid was not used to bury a pharaoh.
9. What is the "Great Return"?
(a) The end of the Ice Age.
(b) A complete precessional cycle.
(c) A migratory pattern.
(d) The tale of Osiris.
10. What is Heliopolis known as?
(a) City of the Sky.
(b) City of the Gods.
(c) City of Light.
(d) City of the Sun.
11. What happened to the continent after displacement?
(a) It was buried under two feet of ice.
(b) It was buried under two meters of ice.
(c) It was buried under two miles of ice.
(d) It was buried under two yards of ice.
12. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
(a) They could have been cut smaller to be moved more easily.
(b) Limestone was not found anywhere else.
(c) They could not possibly have been moved.
(d) Granite would have been easier to move than limestone.
13. What is one element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) Cosmic or geological cataclysm of post-industrial civilization.
(b) Cosmic or geological cataclysm of the Ice Age.
(c) Cosmic or geological cataclysm of pre-industrial civilization.
(d) Cosmic or geological cataclysm of future civilizations.
14. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
(a) Specialists do not want others to suspect ancient civilization.
(b) Specialists have not considered ancient civilization.
(c) Specialists suspect ancient civilization, but ignore it.
(d) Specialists suspect the absence of ancient civilization.
15. How is the Egyptians' knowledge protected, according to Chapter 42?
(a) A lack of mythology.
(b) A lack of sacred texts.
(c) Coding in sacred texts.
(d) Coding in metaphors and allegories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
2. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
3. What is a second element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
4. Who were Palermo Stone and Turin Papyrus?
5. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)