|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
(b) Ocean displacement.
(c) Earth-crust displacement.
(d) Carbon dating.
2. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
(a) Specialists suspect the absence of ancient civilization.
(b) Specialists do not want others to suspect ancient civilization.
(c) Specialists suspect ancient civilization, but ignore it.
(d) Specialists have not considered ancient civilization.
3. In Chapter 30, what metaphorical image is an allegory in myths world-wide?
(a) A heavenly house.
(b) A heavenly barn.
(c) A heavenly mill.
(d) A heavenly horse.
4. What did Hancock's researcher conclude in Chapter 50?
(a) The lost civilization still exists.
(b) There was definitely a lost civilization.
(c) A lost civilization was supported by a landmass.
(d) There was no lost civilization.
5. How many miles per hour does the Earth revolve around the sun?
6. How many zodiac constellations are there?
(b) More than 100.
(c) More than 1,000.
7. How many years is the sun housed in each of the zodiacal constellations?
8. Who is Jane Sellers?
(a) A geologist-astronomer.
(b) A socio-astronomer.
(c) An archaeo-astronomer.
(d) An explorer.
9. In Chapter 38, how did Hancock observe the Great Pyramid?
(a) From the top.
(b) From the base.
(c) Through passageways from room to room.
(d) From a plane.
10. What fits the Earth-displacement theory in Chapter 50?
(a) An outline of the South Pole.
(b) A map of the South Pole.
(c) A map of Antarctica.
(d) An outline about Antarctica.
11. How many years is one complete precessional cycle?
12. How high is the antechamber ceiling of the Great Pyramid?
(a) 120 feet.
(b) 12 feet.
(c) 12 yards.
(d) 12 meters.
13. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
(a) Pyramid of Isis.
(b) Pyramid of Osiris.
(c) Pyramid of the Moon.
(d) Pyramid of the Sun.
14. What is a fourth element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The need to build enclosures to protect survivors and surviving information.
(b) The need to build better computers to protect surviving information.
(c) The need to build enclosures to protect surviving structures.
(d) The need to identify specific individuals who should be protected from harm.
15. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the pyramid was not used to bury a pharaoh.
(b) Why the builders used such imprecision on a tomb.
(c) Why the pharaoh was buried in a pyramid.
(d) Why the builders used such precision on a tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
2. How did Hancock explore the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
3. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
4. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
5. What did Robert Bauval discover?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)