|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
(a) Through early writing.
(d) Through early migration.
2. In how many years is the cycle of precession completed?
3. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
(a) A sphere's radius to circumference.
(b) A sphere's area to circumference.
(c) A sphere's circumference to area.
(d) A sphere's circumference to radius.
4. Who was Ramesses II?
(a) The pharaoh buried in the Seti I Temple.
(b) The pharaoh during the time of the Biblical Exodus.
(c) A Pharaoh before the time of the Biblical Exodus.
(d) The father of Seti I.
5. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
(a) Gods punishing everyday Egyptians.
(b) Gods punishing pharoahs.
(c) Pharoahs ruling the Nile Valley.
(d) Gods ruling the Nile Valley.
6. How did Hancock explore the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) From the inside.
(b) From a plane.
(c) From the top.
(d) From afar.
7. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
8. What effect forces the Earth's axis to wobble slowly clockwise while it spins counter-clockwise?
9. How many years is the sun housed in each of the zodiacal constellations?
10. When is it believed that the Great Pyramid was built?
(a) 5,000 B.C.
(b) 4,500 B.C.
(c) 5,400 B.C.
(d) 4,000 B.C.
11. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
12. How much does the average block of the Great Pyramid weigh?
(a) 3.5 tons.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 2.5 tons.
13. Who is Jane Sellers?
(a) An archaeo-astronomer.
(b) An explorer.
(c) A socio-astronomer.
(d) A geologist-astronomer.
14. What did Hancock assume to be the "missing piece" in Chapter 50?
(a) The humans' evolution from apes.
(b) Clues left by lost civilizations.
(c) A cataclysmic catastrophe.
(d) Ocean life.
15. What was discovered about unmapped oceans in Chapter 50?
(a) They could not have supported a lost civilization.
(b) They definitely could have supported a lost civilization.
(c) They still support a lost civilization.
(d) They probably could have supported a lost civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Sun God, Ra, do?
2. What did Hancock's researcher do in Chapter 50?
3. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
4. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
5. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)