|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Great Return"?
(a) The end of the Ice Age.
(b) The tale of Osiris.
(c) A migratory pattern.
(d) A complete precessional cycle.
2. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
(a) It was thought to be discovered later by the Altruscans.
(b) It was thought to be discovered later by the Phoenicians.
(c) It was thought to be discovered later by the Greeks.
(d) It was thought to be discovered later by the Romans.
3. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
(a) They could have been cut smaller to be moved more easily.
(b) They could not possibly have been moved.
(c) Granite would have been easier to move than limestone.
(d) Limestone was not found anywhere else.
4. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
(a) A sphere's area to circumference.
(b) A sphere's radius to circumference.
(c) A sphere's circumference to radius.
(d) A sphere's circumference to area.
5. To what superhuman are Viracocha and Quetzalcoatl compared?
(a) Turin Papyrus.
(c) Palermo Stone.
6. What effect forces the Earth's axis to wobble slowly clockwise while it spins counter-clockwise?
7. In how many years is the cycle of precession completed?
8. When was the last Ice Age meltdown, according to Chapter 50?
(a) 8,000 to 5,000 B.C.
(b) 15,000 to 8,000 B.C.
(c) 15,000 to 5,000 B.C.
(d) 12,000 to 8,000 B.C.
9. According to Chapter 32, what is the convergence of global myths evidence of?
(a) Early writing.
(b) Many authors.
(c) A common author.
(d) Early migration.
10. What did Robert Bauval discover?
(a) Orion's three belt stars are in a straight line.
(b) Orion's belt only has two stars.
(c) Orion's belt has four stars.
(d) Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line.
11. What was displaced when the crust shifted?
(b) An ancient civilization.
12. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
(a) Specialists have not considered ancient civilization.
(b) Specialists do not want others to suspect ancient civilization.
(c) Specialists suspect the absence of ancient civilization.
(d) Specialists suspect ancient civilization, but ignore it.
13. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
(a) Pyramid of the Sun.
(b) Pyramid of the Moon.
(c) Pyramid of Osiris.
(d) Pyramid of Isis.
14. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the builders used such imprecision on a tomb.
(b) Why the builders used such precision on a tomb.
(c) Why the pyramid was not used to bury a pharaoh.
(d) Why the pharaoh was buried in a pyramid.
15. What is Heliopolis known as?
(a) City of the Sky.
(b) City of the Gods.
(c) City of the Sun.
(d) City of Light.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
2. What does the Giza site arrangement mirror?
3. What did Hancock note about moving the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
4. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
5. What is a second element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)