|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is surprising about the granite used to sculpt the Second Pyramid?
(a) There is no evidence the necessary drilling tools existed.
(b) The type of granite was not found anywhere else.
(c) There is no evidence that the granite could be moved there.
(d) The sculptures appear primitive for that time period.
2. What does the chart on page 472 show?
(a) Displacement at the North Pole.
(b) The South Pole and Antarctica during displacement.
(c) The South Pole and Antarctica before displacement.
(d) The South Pole and Antarctica after displacement.
3. How many miles per hour does the Earth revolve around the sun?
4. About how many blocks does the Great Pyramid have?
(a) 3.2 thousand.
(b) 2.3 thousand.
(c) 2.3 million.
(d) 3.2 million.
5. What did Christian Eusebius discover about Manetho's texts and the Bible?
(a) The Bible meant months when saying years.
(b) The Egyptians meant months when saying years.
(c) The Egyptians meant years when saying months.
(d) The Bible meant years when saying months.
6. How tall is the Great Pyramid?
(a) 450 meters.
(b) 350 meters.
(c) 350 feet.
(d) 450 feet.
7. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
8. Who is Jane Sellers?
(a) An explorer.
(b) A socio-astronomer.
(c) An archaeo-astronomer.
(d) A geologist-astronomer.
9. How high is the entry to the Great Pyramid?
(a) 36 meters.
(b) 36 feet.
(c) 36 yards.
(d) 3 feet 6 inches.
10. How are the stars Sirius A and B related?
(a) B circles A.
(b) They form a circle with other stars.
(c) They line up with other stars.
(d) A circles B.
11. What was displaced when the crust shifted?
(c) An ancient civilization.
12. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
(a) Pyramid of the Moon.
(b) Pyramid of the Sun.
(c) Pyramid of Isis.
(d) Pyramid of Osiris.
13. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
(a) Gods punishing everyday Egyptians.
(b) Pharoahs ruling the Nile Valley.
(c) Gods ruling the Nile Valley.
(d) Gods punishing pharoahs.
14. How many years does it take for the axis angle to make a full cycle oscillation across the range?
15. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's lengths and corner angles?
(a) They were obviously slapped together quickly.
(b) They are surprisingly inaccurate.
(c) They are too worn out to be measured.
(d) They are unusually accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Sun God, Ra, do?
2. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
3. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
4. In Chapter 38, how did Hancock observe the Great Pyramid?
5. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)