|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was displaced when the crust shifted?
(b) An ancient civilization.
2. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
(a) Specialists do not want others to suspect ancient civilization.
(b) Specialists suspect the absence of ancient civilization.
(c) Specialists suspect ancient civilization, but ignore it.
(d) Specialists have not considered ancient civilization.
3. In Chapter 30, what metaphorical image is an allegory in myths world-wide?
(a) A heavenly horse.
(b) A heavenly barn.
(c) A heavenly house.
(d) A heavenly mill.
4. What did sacred writings offer evidence of in Chapter 41?
(a) Limited technological skills.
(b) Expected advanced technological skills.
(c) Unexpected advanced tehnological skills.
(d) No technological skills.
5. What is the term for the gravity of the sun and planets exerting influence on the Earth's elliptic orbit?
6. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
(a) Its ecliptic.
(b) Its precess.
(c) Its obliquity.
(d) Its eccentricity.
7. What was inside the Second Pyramid?
(a) Gold treasures.
(b) An empty sarcophagus.
(c) An embalmed mummy.
(d) Bone fragments.
8. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's lengths and corner angles?
(a) They are surprisingly inaccurate.
(b) They were obviously slapped together quickly.
(c) They are unusually accurate.
(d) They are too worn out to be measured.
9. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
(a) Earth-crust displacement.
(b) Ocean displacement.
(c) Carbon dating.
10. How many zodiac constellations are there?
(a) More than 100.
(c) More than 1,000.
11. What do the documents in Chapter 43 list?
(a) Kings during the Second Dynasty.
(b) Kings before the First Dynasty.
(c) Kings after the First Dynasty.
(d) Kings during the First Dynasty.
12. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
(a) A sphere's radius to circumference.
(b) A sphere's area to circumference.
(c) A sphere's circumference to radius.
(d) A sphere's circumference to area.
13. How high is the antechamber ceiling of the Great Pyramid?
(a) 12 meters.
(b) 12 yards.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 120 feet.
14. How did Hancock view the lack of a site plan in Chapter 36?
(a) As evidence of another culture's influence.
(b) As an anomaly.
(c) As symbolic.
(d) As evidence that the Egyptians were not an advanced culture.
15. What is a second element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The future impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(b) The lack of impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(c) The partial impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(d) The near-total impact of cataclysm on civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the base of the Great Pyramid?
2. What did Hancock propose in Chapter 52?
3. How many degrees are allocated on the elliptic for each constellation?
4. What is Earth's axis tilt called?
5. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)