|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
2. What fits the Earth-displacement theory in Chapter 50?
(a) A map of Antarctica.
(b) A map of the South Pole.
(c) An outline about Antarctica.
(d) An outline of the South Pole.
3. What was inside the Second Pyramid?
(a) Bone fragments.
(b) An embalmed mummy.
(c) An empty sarcophagus.
(d) Gold treasures.
4. Who were Palermo Stone and Turin Papyrus?
(b) Kings after the First Dynasty.
(c) Kings before the First Dynasty.
(d) Kings during the First Dynasty.
5. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
(a) Earth's northern hemisphere.
(b) The northern sky.
(c) The southern sky.
(d) Earth's southern hemisphere.
6. In Chapter 31, what are said to be encoded in the myths?
7. What is surprising about the granite used to sculpt the Second Pyramid?
(a) The type of granite was not found anywhere else.
(b) There is no evidence that the granite could be moved there.
(c) The sculptures appear primitive for that time period.
(d) There is no evidence the necessary drilling tools existed.
8. How many miles per hour does the Earth revolve on its own axis?
9. In Chapter 30, what metaphorical image is an allegory in myths world-wide?
(a) A heavenly horse.
(b) A heavenly house.
(c) A heavenly barn.
(d) A heavenly mill.
10. How are the stars Sirius A and B related?
(a) They form a circle with other stars.
(b) A circles B.
(c) B circles A.
(d) They line up with other stars.
11. What did sacred writings offer evidence of in Chapter 41?
(a) Unexpected advanced tehnological skills.
(b) Expected advanced technological skills.
(c) No technological skills.
(d) Limited technological skills.
12. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
(a) A sphere's area to circumference.
(b) A sphere's circumference to radius.
(c) A sphere's circumference to area.
(d) A sphere's radius to circumference.
13. What is a second element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The future impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(b) The lack of impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(c) The near-total impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(d) The partial impact of cataclysm on civilization.
14. How far does the sun migrate in 72 years?
(a) One degree.
(b) One revolution.
(c) One rotation.
(d) One oscillation.
15. What did Hancock's researcher conclude in Chapter 50?
(a) A lost civilization was supported by a landmass.
(b) There was no lost civilization.
(c) The lost civilization still exists.
(d) There was definitely a lost civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is it believed that the Great Pyramid was built?
2. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
3. What did Robert Bauval discover?
4. How is the Egyptians' knowledge protected, according to Chapter 42?
5. In Chapter 36, what is a belief mentioned about the tombs?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)