|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the sun migrate in 72 years?
(a) One revolution.
(b) One degree.
(c) One rotation.
(d) One oscillation.
2. How is the Egyptians' knowledge protected, according to Chapter 42?
(a) Coding in metaphors and allegories.
(b) A lack of sacred texts.
(c) A lack of mythology.
(d) Coding in sacred texts.
3. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
(a) Granite would have been easier to move than limestone.
(b) They could have been cut smaller to be moved more easily.
(c) Limestone was not found anywhere else.
(d) They could not possibly have been moved.
4. How high is the entry to the Great Pyramid?
(a) 36 yards.
(b) 36 feet.
(c) 36 meters.
(d) 3 feet 6 inches.
5. How did Hancock view the lack of a site plan in Chapter 36?
(a) As evidence of another culture's influence.
(b) As an anomaly.
(c) As evidence that the Egyptians were not an advanced culture.
(d) As symbolic.
6. How many years is one complete precessional cycle?
7. What did the Sun God, Ra, do?
(a) Control the movement of the stars.
(b) Control darkness and light.
(c) Give orders to lesser gods.
(d) Sit on a throne surrounded by lesser gods.
8. What did the author do in Chapter 52?
(a) Celebrate mankind's attempts to prevent further calamities.
(b) Reassure readers that the calamities will not happen again.
(c) Warn mankind about the dangers of ignoring warnings.
(d) Stir up controversy about whether future calamities will occur.
9. According to Chapter 32, what is the convergence of global myths evidence of?
(a) Many authors.
(b) A common author.
(c) Early migration.
(d) Early writing.
10. What is the height to perimeter ratio of the Great Pyramid the same as?
(a) A sphere's area to circumference.
(b) A sphere's circumference to area.
(c) A sphere's circumference to radius.
(d) A sphere's radius to circumference.
11. What did Jane Sellers discover using myths?
(a) Meaning in the stars.
(b) A mathematical language.
(c) How the ancient peoples used language.
(d) How long cycles take.
12. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
13. How many years does it take for the axis angle to make a full cycle oscillation across the range?
14. What did sacred writings offer evidence of in Chapter 41?
(a) Limited technological skills.
(b) Expected advanced technological skills.
(c) No technological skills.
(d) Unexpected advanced tehnological skills.
15. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
(a) Pyramid of Isis.
(b) Pyramid of the Sun.
(c) Pyramid of Osiris.
(d) Pyramid of the Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hancock note about moving the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
2. How high is the antechamber ceiling of the Great Pyramid?
3. What is surprising about the granite used to sculpt the Second Pyramid?
4. In Chapter 30, what metaphorical image is an allegory in myths world-wide?
5. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)