|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The need to mobilize resources to preserve a remnant for ancestry.
(b) The need to mobilize resources to rebuild ancient civilizations.
(c) The need to bulldoze modern structures so only old ones remain.
(d) The need to protect future generations from knowledge of the past.
2. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
(a) The southern sky.
(b) The northern sky.
(c) Earth's northern hemisphere.
(d) Earth's southern hemisphere.
3. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
(a) 6 thousand tons.
(b) 6 million pounds.
(c) 6 thousand pounds.
(d) 6 million tons.
4. What did Hancock note about moving the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
(a) In 1993, only 2 land-based cranes in the world could move them.
(b) A crane capable of moving them was not invented until 2003.
(c) A crane capable of moving them was not invented until 1993.
(d) In 2003, only 2 land-based cranes in the world could move them.
5. What did Hancock discover about the Great Pyramid's faces?
(a) Its faces are only visible by day.
(b) Its faces are perfectly aligned.
(c) Its faces are slightly off in their alignment.
(d) Its faces are more visible by night.
6. What theory is ascribed to Charles Hapgood?
(b) Earth-crust displacement.
(c) Carbon dating.
(d) Ocean displacement.
7. About how many blocks does the Great Pyramid have?
(a) 3.2 thousand.
(b) 2.3 thousand.
(c) 3.2 million.
(d) 2.3 million.
8. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
9. What did the author do in Chapter 52?
(a) Celebrate mankind's attempts to prevent further calamities.
(b) Reassure readers that the calamities will not happen again.
(c) Stir up controversy about whether future calamities will occur.
(d) Warn mankind about the dangers of ignoring warnings.
10. What did Robert Bauval discover?
(a) Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line.
(b) Orion's three belt stars are in a straight line.
(c) Orion's belt only has two stars.
(d) Orion's belt has four stars.
11. What did sacred writings offer evidence of in Chapter 41?
(a) Unexpected advanced tehnological skills.
(b) Limited technological skills.
(c) Expected advanced technological skills.
(d) No technological skills.
12. What was discovered about unmapped oceans in Chapter 50?
(a) They could not have supported a lost civilization.
(b) They still support a lost civilization.
(c) They probably could have supported a lost civilization.
(d) They definitely could have supported a lost civilization.
13. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
(a) Its eccentricity.
(b) Its precess.
(c) Its obliquity.
(d) Its ecliptic.
14. What is Heliopolis known as?
(a) City of the Sun.
(b) City of the Sky.
(c) City of Light.
(d) City of the Gods.
15. How is the Egyptians' knowledge protected, according to Chapter 42?
(a) Coding in sacred texts.
(b) Coding in metaphors and allegories.
(c) A lack of sacred texts.
(d) A lack of mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what metaphorical image is an allegory in myths world-wide?
2. What is surprising about the limestone megaliths found in the Great Sphinx?
3. What is the "Great Return"?
4. How much does the average block of the Great Pyramid weigh?
5. According to Chapter 32, what is the convergence of global myths evidence of?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)