|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert Bauval discover?
(a) Orion's three belt stars are not in a straight line.
(b) Orion's belt has four stars.
(c) Orion's belt only has two stars.
(d) Orion's three belt stars are in a straight line.
2. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
3. How many zodiac constellations are there?
(b) More than 100.
(d) More than 1,000.
4. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the pyramid was not used to bury a pharaoh.
(b) Why the builders used such imprecision on a tomb.
(c) Why the builders used such precision on a tomb.
(d) Why the pharaoh was buried in a pyramid.
5. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
(a) Gods ruling the Nile Valley.
(b) Pharoahs ruling the Nile Valley.
(c) Gods punishing everyday Egyptians.
(d) Gods punishing pharoahs.
6. What does the Giza site arrangement mirror?
(a) The sky's appearance in 8,450 B.C.
(b) The sky's appearance in 250 B.C.
(c) The sky's appearance in 4,540 B.C.
(d) The sky's appearance in 10,450 B.C.
7. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
(a) Through early writing.
(b) Through early migration.
8. What is a fourth element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The need to build better computers to protect surviving information.
(b) The need to build enclosures to protect survivors and surviving information.
(c) The need to build enclosures to protect surviving structures.
(d) The need to identify specific individuals who should be protected from harm.
9. How many years does it take for the sun to complete one half-degree shift?
10. What did Christian Eusebius discover about Manetho's texts and the Bible?
(a) The Egyptians meant years when saying months.
(b) The Bible meant months when saying years.
(c) The Bible meant years when saying months.
(d) The Egyptians meant months when saying years.
11. In Chapter 38, how did Hancock observe the Great Pyramid?
(a) From the base.
(b) From the top.
(c) From a plane.
(d) Through passageways from room to room.
12. How high is the entry to the Great Pyramid?
(a) 36 yards.
(b) 3 feet 6 inches.
(c) 36 feet.
(d) 36 meters.
13. How are the stars Sirius A and B related?
(a) B circles A.
(b) A circles B.
(c) They form a circle with other stars.
(d) They line up with other stars.
14. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
(a) Specialists do not want others to suspect ancient civilization.
(b) Specialists have not considered ancient civilization.
(c) Specialists suspect the absence of ancient civilization.
(d) Specialists suspect ancient civilization, but ignore it.
15. What is a second element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
(a) The lack of impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(b) The near-total impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(c) The partial impact of cataclysm on civilization.
(d) The future impact of cataclysm on civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earth's orbit plane extended outward called?
2. How many years is the sun housed in each of the zodiacal constellations?
3. What is a third element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
4. What does the Piri Reis map provide?
5. What happened to the continent after displacement?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)