|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fits the Earth-displacement theory in Chapter 50?
(a) A map of the South Pole.
(b) An outline about Antarctica.
(c) An outline of the South Pole.
(d) A map of Antarctica.
2. How many years does it take for the axis angle to make a full cycle oscillation across the range?
3. How frequently do the planets line up in the order, on the same date, that the Mayans predicted the Fifth Sun ends?
4. What is at the base of the Great Pyramid?
5. How tall is the Great Pyramid?
(a) 350 meters.
(b) 350 feet.
(c) 450 feet.
(d) 450 meters.
6. What did Hancock assume to be the "missing piece" in Chapter 50?
(a) Ocean life.
(b) The humans' evolution from apes.
(c) Clues left by lost civilizations.
(d) A cataclysmic catastrophe.
7. How much does the average block of the Great Pyramid weigh?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 3.5 tons.
(c) 2.5 tons.
(d) 300 pounds.
8. What is remarkable about the use of pi in ancient Egypt?
(a) It was thought to be discovered later by the Romans.
(b) It was thought to be discovered later by the Greeks.
(c) It was thought to be discovered later by the Phoenicians.
(d) It was thought to be discovered later by the Altruscans.
9. Who is Jane Sellers?
(a) An archaeo-astronomer.
(b) A geologist-astronomer.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A socio-astronomer.
10. What do the texts of Manetho describe?
(a) Gods punishing everyday Egyptians.
(b) Pharoahs ruling the Nile Valley.
(c) Gods punishing pharoahs.
(d) Gods ruling the Nile Valley.
11. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
(a) The northern sky.
(b) The southern sky.
(c) Earth's southern hemisphere.
(d) Earth's northern hemisphere.
12. What effect forces the Earth's axis to wobble slowly clockwise while it spins counter-clockwise?
13. What did Jane Sellers discover using myths?
(a) A mathematical language.
(b) How the ancient peoples used language.
(c) How long cycles take.
(d) Meaning in the stars.
14. What did Christian Eusebius discover about Manetho's texts and the Bible?
(a) The Egyptians meant years when saying months.
(b) The Egyptians meant months when saying years.
(c) The Bible meant years when saying months.
(d) The Bible meant months when saying years.
15. What was discovered about unmapped oceans in Chapter 50?
(a) They could not have supported a lost civilization.
(b) They definitely could have supported a lost civilization.
(c) They still support a lost civilization.
(d) They probably could have supported a lost civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one element of the author's thesis in Chapter 52?
2. According to Chapter 31, how did the embedding in the Osiris myth occur?
3. What did Hancock wonder about the Great Pyramid in Chapter 37?
4. How much does the Great Pyramid weigh?
5. What did John West claim in Chapter 40?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)