|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
(a) The tenth.
(b) The twentieth.
(c) The fifth.
(d) The fiftieth.
2. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
(a) Using astronomy.
(b) Using geometry.
(c) Using sun-dials.
(d) Using astrology.
3. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
(a) Fish-garbed men.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A pharoah.
4. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine barometer.
(b) The marine chronometer.
(c) The marine thermometer.
(d) The marine tachometer.
5. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
(b) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(c) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
(d) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
6. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
7. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
8. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(b) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(c) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(d) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
9. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(b) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
(c) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
(d) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
10. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
(a) They were never joined.
(b) They are still joined.
(c) They separated in 15,000 B.C.
(d) They were joined in 15,000 B.C.
11. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
(a) At sea level.
(b) 12,500 feet above sea level.
(c) In Lima.
(d) 12,500 feet below sea level.
12. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
13. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 15,000 years.
(b) 50,000 years.
(c) 115,000 years.
(d) 100,000 years.
14. When could longitude first be determined?
15. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
(a) A known civilization in the ice age.
(b) An unknown civilization in the ice age.
(c) An unknown civilization in the ice-free period.
(d) A known civilization in the ice-free period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
2. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
3. What natural disasters accompany the Mayan myths?
4. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
5. How did the Andes legends begin?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)