|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
2. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(b) Gigantic heads.
(c) Line drawings.
(d) Seashell jewelry.
3. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 20 tons.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 12 meters.
(b) 12 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 20 meters.
5. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
(c) Central America.
6. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
(a) Memories man cannot recall or forget.
(b) Memories man can recall clearly.
(c) Memories man chooses to forget.
(d) Made-up stories.
7. What illusion appears on the Temple of Kululkan?
(a) A sundial.
(b) A god.
(c) A snake.
(d) A sun.
8. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
9. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine thermometer.
(b) The marine chronometer.
(c) The marine tachometer.
(d) The marine barometer.
10. What did the Olmecs invent?
(a) A zodiac system.
(b) Slingshots and arrows.
(c) Tools for sculpture.
(d) A calendar system.
11. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(b) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(c) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(d) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
12. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A continent covered with ice.
(b) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(c) A continent completely made up of water.
(d) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
13. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
14. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
(a) Ice and darkness.
(b) Famine and plague.
(c) Flooding and war.
(d) Earthquakes and volcanoes.
15. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
2. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
3. What is a lost civilization believed to be buried under in The Mystery of the Maps?
4. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
5. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)