|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 361 tons.
(b) 461 pounds.
(c) 461 tons.
(d) 361 pounds.
2. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
(b) Birds in flight.
(c) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(d) A painting of birds.
3. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
4. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1818 A.D.
(b) 1518 A.D.
(c) 1618 A.D.
(d) 1718 A.D.
5. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 20 tons.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 200 pounds.
6. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
(a) Coal mining.
(b) Fossil thievery.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) Oil interests.
7. What is a lost civilization believed to be buried under in The Mystery of the Maps?
8. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
(d) Central America.
9. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
(b) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
(c) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(d) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
10. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
(a) An image of a pharoah.
(b) An image of a boat.
(c) An image of Viracocha.
(d) An image of a temple builder.
11. What is "Ricinulei"?
(a) A cartographer.
(b) A land mass.
(c) A map.
(d) A rare spider.
12. How long was Queen Maud Land ice-free?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 9,000 years.
(c) 5,000 years.
(d) 10,000 years.
13. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(b) Central America.
14. How did the Andes legends begin?
(a) With floods, darkness, and chaos.
(b) In war time.
(c) In a time of peace and beauty.
(d) In a time of discovery.
15. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Causing landslides.
(b) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(c) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(d) Causing earthquakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
2. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
3. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
4. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
5. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the sun during the Ice Age?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)