|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
(b) Snow and ice.
2. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
(a) Using astrology.
(b) Using astronomy.
(c) Using sun-dials.
(d) Using geometry.
3. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
(a) Pictures by a vanished civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(b) Pictures by an existing civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(c) Pictures by an existing civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
(d) Pictures by a vanished civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
4. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) Fresh-water creatures.
(b) No fossil sea shells.
(c) No living creatures.
(d) Salt-water creatures.
5. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
6. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
(b) Central America.
7. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(b) Line drawings.
(c) Gigantic heads.
(d) Seashell jewelry.
8. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
9. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
10. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that has remained in hiding.
(b) They were drawn by apes.
(c) They were drawn by the same person.
(d) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that vanished.
11. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
12. What is "Ricinulei"?
(a) A cartographer.
(b) A rare spider.
(c) A map.
(d) A land mass.
13. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 361 tons.
(b) 461 tons.
(c) 361 pounds.
(d) 461 pounds.
14. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
15. What are the symbols on the Yucatan's Pyramid of the Magician?
(a) Bearded men, serpents, and crosses.
(b) Bearded men, spiders, and suns.
(c) Serpents, spiders, and crosses.
(d) Serpents, spiders, and suns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
2. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
3. What did the god of the Andes bring?
4. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
5. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)