|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could the First Men see?
(a) Things buried underground.
(b) Things in the past.
(c) Things in the future.
(d) Things hidden in the distance.
2. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
(b) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(c) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
(d) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
3. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 15 feet by 2 feet.
(b) 15 meters by 2 meters.
(c) 12 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 12 meters by 5 meters.
4. What is "Ricinulei"?
(a) A land mass.
(b) A rare spider.
(c) A cartographer.
(d) A map.
5. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
(b) Central America.
6. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
(a) The basis for ice age predictions.
(b) The basis for darkness predictions.
(c) The basis for Mayan doomsday predictions.
(d) The basis for flooding predictions.
7. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
(a) They separated in 15,000 B.C.
(b) They are still joined.
(c) They were never joined.
(d) They were joined in 15,000 B.C.
8. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(c) Central America.
9. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
10. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
(a) More icy terrain.
(b) More muddy terrain.
(c) More ice-free terrain.
(d) More mud-free terrain.
11. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
(a) Perform sacrifices.
(b) Teach skills and science.
(c) Lead the others in prayer.
(d) Worship a snake.
12. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
13. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
14. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 200 tons.
(b) 20 tons.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
15. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
(a) A peasant.
(c) A pharoah.
(d) Fish-garbed men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Andes legends begin?
2. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
3. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
4. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
5. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)