|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 60 meters.
(b) 10 meters.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
2. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
(a) 40,000 years earlier.
(b) 3,000 years earlier.
(c) 4,000 years earlier.
(d) 30,000 years earlier.
3. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
(a) Flooding and war.
(b) Famine and plague.
(c) Ice and darkness.
(d) Earthquakes and volcanoes.
4. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Fossil thievery.
(c) Coal mining.
(d) Oil interests.
5. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 15 meters by 2 meters.
(b) 15 feet by 2 feet.
(c) 12 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 12 meters by 5 meters.
6. Where are the Luiseno located?
7. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
8. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
9. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
10. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
(a) Fights to the death.
(b) Initiation into manhood rituals.
(d) Ritual slaughter.
11. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
(a) Perform sacrifices.
(b) Worship a snake.
(c) Teach skills and science.
(d) Lead the others in prayer.
12. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 100,000 years.
(b) 115,000 years.
(c) 15,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
13. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent covered with ice.
(c) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(d) A continent completely made up of water.
14. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
(a) Famine and plagues.
(b) Plagues and darkness.
(c) Earthquakes and famine.
(d) Floods and darkness.
15. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
2. What is the "foam of the sea"?
3. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
4. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
5. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)