|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
2. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
(a) Human sacrifice.
(b) Use of weapons.
(c) Building of altars.
(d) Teaching of skills and science.
3. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
4. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 10 meters.
(b) 60 meters.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
5. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 20 tons.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 20 pounds.
6. What illusion appears on the Temple of Kululkan?
(a) A god.
(b) A sundial.
(c) A sun.
(d) A snake.
7. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
(a) In Lima.
(b) At sea level.
(c) 12,500 feet above sea level.
(d) 12,500 feet below sea level.
8. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Causing earthquakes.
(b) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(c) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(d) Causing landslides.
9. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
10. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) He traveled alone.
(b) J. Eric Thompson.
(c) Charles Hapgood.
(d) Santha Faiia.
11. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(d) Central America.
12. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
(a) Perform sacrifices.
(b) Worship a snake.
(c) Lead the others in prayer.
(d) Teach skills and science.
13. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
14. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 15,000 kilometers.
(b) 15,000 miles.
(c) 25,000 kilometers.
(d) 25,000 miles.
15. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Central America.
(d) Peru and Bolivia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mercator projections?
2. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
3. What is the crowning Mayan achievement?
4. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
5. What did the Olmecs invent?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)