|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crowning Mayan achievement?
(a) The "Long Count."
(b) The "Long Meter."
(c) The "Long Day."
(d) The "Long Time."
2. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
(b) Fish-garbed men.
(c) A pharoah.
(d) A peasant.
3. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
4. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 60 miles.
(c) 10 meters.
(d) 60 meters.
5. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
(a) An image of Viracocha.
(b) An image of a pharoah.
(c) An image of a boat.
(d) An image of a temple builder.
6. What could the First Men see?
(a) Things in the future.
(b) Things hidden in the distance.
(c) Things in the past.
(d) Things buried underground.
7. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 115,000 years.
(b) 15,000 years.
(c) 50,000 years.
(d) 100,000 years.
8. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
(a) Three and a half million.
(b) Five billion.
(c) Three and a half billion.
(d) Five million.
9. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the sun during the Ice Age?
(a) It moved farther from the Earth.
(b) It became blinding.
(c) It moved closer to the Earth.
(d) Its light and heat were extinguished.
10. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(b) Central America.
11. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
(a) Teach skills and science.
(b) Perform sacrifices.
(c) Worship a snake.
(d) Lead the others in prayer.
12. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine thermometer.
(b) The marine chronometer.
(c) The marine barometer.
(d) The marine tachometer.
13. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) Fresh-water creatures.
(b) No living creatures.
(c) No fossil sea shells.
(d) Salt-water creatures.
14. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent covered with ice.
(c) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(d) A continent completely made up of water.
15. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
(a) Tall, Caucasian women.
(b) Tall, Caucasian, bearded men.
(c) Tall, dark women.
(d) Tall, dark, bearded men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When could longitude first be determined?
2. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
3. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
4. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
5. What is a lost civilization believed to be buried under in The Mystery of the Maps?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)