|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Andes legends begin?
(a) With floods, darkness, and chaos.
(b) In a time of discovery.
(c) In a time of peace and beauty.
(d) In war time.
2. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(d) Central America.
3. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
(a) Memories man cannot recall or forget.
(b) Memories man can recall clearly.
(c) Memories man chooses to forget.
(d) Made-up stories.
4. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
(b) Numeric astrology.
5. What is the "foam of the sea"?
(a) A god.
(b) A part of a map.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A picture.
6. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
7. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
(a) Building of altars.
(b) Use of weapons.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) Teaching of skills and science.
8. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 feet.
(b) 28 yards.
(c) 28 inches.
(d) 28 meters.
9. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
10. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
(b) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
(c) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(d) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
11. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 20 meters.
(b) 12 meters.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
12. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
(a) More icy terrain.
(b) More ice-free terrain.
(c) More muddy terrain.
(d) More mud-free terrain.
13. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
14. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
(a) The basis for flooding predictions.
(b) The basis for ice age predictions.
(c) The basis for darkness predictions.
(d) The basis for Mayan doomsday predictions.
15. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
(a) They are still joined.
(b) They separated in 15,000 B.C.
(c) They were joined in 15,000 B.C.
(d) They were never joined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
2. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
3. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
4. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
5. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)