Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(b) A painting of birds.
(c) Birds in flight.
(d) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
2. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
(c) Central America.
3. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1518 A.D.
(b) 1618 A.D.
(c) 1818 A.D.
(d) 1718 A.D.
4. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
5. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
(a) Latitudes of South America and Africa.
(b) Latitudes of Europe and Asia.
(c) Longitudes of Europe and Asia.
(d) Longitudes of South America and Africa.
6. What illusion appears on the Temple of Kululkan?
(a) A sun.
(b) A sundial.
(c) A snake.
(d) A god.
7. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) He traveled alone.
(b) Santha Faiia.
(c) J. Eric Thompson.
(d) Charles Hapgood.
8. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
(a) Tall, dark women.
(b) Tall, Caucasian women.
(c) Tall, dark, bearded men.
(d) Tall, Caucasian, bearded men.
9. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
(a) Three and a half million.
(b) Five million.
(c) Five billion.
(d) Three and a half billion.
10. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) The stars.
(b) The planets.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) The sun and moon.
11. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(a) Love, kindness, and charity.
(c) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
12. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
13. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
(b) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
(c) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(d) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
14. How long was Queen Maud Land ice-free?
(a) 10,000 years.
(b) 9,000 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 5,000 years.
15. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Causing earthquakes.
(b) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(c) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(d) Causing landslides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
2. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
3. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
4. Where are the Luiseno located?
5. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)