|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When could longitude first be determined?
2. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
3. What was one of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by super-humans.
(b) They were drawn by different groups of people.
(c) They were drawn by computers.
(d) They were drawn by aliens from outer space.
4. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
(b) Volcanic ash debris.
(d) Warm spells.
5. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(b) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
(d) Love, kindness, and charity.
6. How did the Andes legends begin?
(a) With floods, darkness, and chaos.
(b) In a time of peace and beauty.
(c) In war time.
(d) In a time of discovery.
7. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
(a) An image of a boat.
(b) An image of Viracocha.
(c) An image of a pharoah.
(d) An image of a temple builder.
8. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
(b) A peasant.
(c) A pharoah.
(d) Fish-garbed men.
9. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) The sun and moon.
(b) The stars.
(c) The planets.
(d) A meteorite.
10. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) Fresh-water creatures.
(b) No fossil sea shells.
(c) No living creatures.
(d) Salt-water creatures.
11. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
12. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
(a) Pictures by an existing civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(b) Pictures by a vanished civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(c) Pictures by an existing civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
(d) Pictures by a vanished civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
13. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent covered with ice.
(c) A continent completely made up of water.
(d) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
14. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Santha Faiia.
(b) He traveled alone.
(c) J. Eric Thompson.
(d) Charles Hapgood.
15. What illusion appears on the Temple of Kululkan?
(a) A god.
(b) A sun.
(c) A snake.
(d) A sundial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
2. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
3. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
4. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
5. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)