|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent covered with ice.
(c) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(d) A continent completely made up of water.
2. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) The planets.
(b) The stars.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) The sun and moon.
3. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine barometer.
(b) The marine chronometer.
(c) The marine tachometer.
(d) The marine thermometer.
4. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(a) Gigantic heads.
(b) Line drawings.
(d) Seashell jewelry.
5. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(c) Love, kindness, and charity.
(d) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
6. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(b) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(d) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
7. What did the Olmecs invent?
(a) Tools for sculpture.
(b) A zodiac system.
(c) Slingshots and arrows.
(d) A calendar system.
8. When could longitude first be determined?
9. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
(a) An unknown civilization in the ice-free period.
(b) A known civilization in the ice age.
(c) A known civilization in the ice-free period.
(d) An unknown civilization in the ice age.
10. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
(a) Howard Johnson.
(b) John Harrison.
(c) Harold Johnson.
(d) John Harris.
11. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
12. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) He traveled alone.
(b) Charles Hapgood.
(c) Santha Faiia.
(d) J. Eric Thompson.
13. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
(a) Initiation into manhood rituals.
(b) Ritual slaughter.
(c) Fights to the death.
14. What is the crowning Mayan achievement?
(a) The "Long Count."
(b) The "Long Time."
(c) The "Long Day."
(d) The "Long Meter."
15. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
(a) Black-skinned with auburn hair.
(b) Brown-skinned with white hair.
(c) White-skinned with brown hair.
(d) White-skinned with auburn hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
2. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
3. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
4. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
5. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)