|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
(c) Central America.
2. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
3. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) A painting of birds.
(b) Birds in flight.
(c) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(d) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
4. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 15,000 years.
(b) 115,000 years.
(c) 100,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
5. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
6. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
(a) Harold Johnson.
(b) Howard Johnson.
(c) John Harrison.
(d) John Harris.
7. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Santha Faiia.
(b) He traveled alone.
(c) Charles Hapgood.
(d) J. Eric Thompson.
8. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 20 meters.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 12 meters.
(d) 12 feet.
9. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
(b) Central America.
10. What is "Ricinulei"?
(a) A cartographer.
(b) A map.
(c) A rare spider.
(d) A land mass.
11. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
(a) A white-skinned god with auburn hair.
(b) A dark-skinned, bearded god.
(c) A white-skinned, bearded god.
(d) A dark-skinned god with dark hair.
12. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
13. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
14. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 15,000 miles.
(b) 25,000 kilometers.
(c) 25,000 miles.
(d) 15,000 kilometers.
15. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
(b) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
(c) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
(d) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
2. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
3. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
4. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
5. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)