|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 15,000 years.
(b) 115,000 years.
(c) 100,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
2. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Causing earthquakes.
(b) Causing landslides.
(c) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(d) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
3. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 15,000 miles.
(b) 25,000 kilometers.
(c) 15,000 kilometers.
(d) 25,000 miles.
4. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 12 feet by 5 feet.
(b) 12 meters by 5 meters.
(c) 15 feet by 2 feet.
(d) 15 meters by 2 meters.
5. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
(a) More icy terrain.
(b) More mud-free terrain.
(c) More muddy terrain.
(d) More ice-free terrain.
6. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) A meteorite.
(b) The stars.
(c) The planets.
(d) The sun and moon.
7. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(b) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
(c) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
(d) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
8. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
(a) Three and a half billion.
(b) Five million.
(c) Three and a half million.
(d) Five billion.
9. Where are the Luiseno located?
10. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
11. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
(a) Famine and plague.
(b) Ice and darkness.
(c) Flooding and war.
(d) Earthquakes and volcanoes.
12. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(a) Line drawings.
(b) Seashell jewelry.
(c) Gigantic heads.
13. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
(a) 12,500 feet below sea level.
(b) 12,500 feet above sea level.
(c) In Lima.
(d) At sea level.
14. What is the "foam of the sea"?
(a) A picture.
(b) A part of a map.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A god.
15. What are the symbols on the Yucatan's Pyramid of the Magician?
(a) Bearded men, spiders, and suns.
(b) Serpents, spiders, and crosses.
(c) Serpents, spiders, and suns.
(d) Bearded men, serpents, and crosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
2. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
3. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
4. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
5. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)