|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
2. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
(a) Longitudes of Europe and Asia.
(b) Latitudes of South America and Africa.
(c) Longitudes of South America and Africa.
(d) Latitudes of Europe and Asia.
3. What is "Ricinulei"?
(a) A land mass.
(b) A map.
(c) A rare spider.
(d) A cartographer.
4. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
(b) Covered by water.
(d) Without water.
5. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
(a) Pictures by a vanished civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(b) Pictures by a vanished civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
(c) Pictures by an existing civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(d) Pictures by an existing civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
6. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
7. What was one of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by different groups of people.
(b) They were drawn by aliens from outer space.
(c) They were drawn by computers.
(d) They were drawn by super-humans.
8. What did the boats on Suriqui Island resemble?
(a) Images of boats in Africa.
(b) Images of boats in Europe.
(c) Images of boats in Egypt.
(d) Images of boats in Central America.
9. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 361 tons.
(b) 461 pounds.
(c) 361 pounds.
(d) 461 tons.
10. What are Nazca lines?
(a) Lines on a map.
(b) Lines in caves.
(c) Lines on trees.
(d) Land on which lines are drawn.
11. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
(a) Fossil thievery.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Oil interests.
(d) Coal mining.
12. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(b) Love, kindness, and charity.
(c) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
13. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine barometer.
(b) The marine chronometer.
(c) The marine thermometer.
(d) The marine tachometer.
14. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
15. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A continent completely made up of water.
(b) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(c) A continent covered with ice.
(d) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Luiseno located?
2. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
3. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
4. According to Chapter 27, during what years did the Ice Age animal extinctions occur?
5. What did Quetzalcoatl's formulas provide?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)