|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
(a) Covered by water.
(d) Without water.
2. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) No living creatures.
(b) No fossil sea shells.
(c) Fresh-water creatures.
(d) Salt-water creatures.
3. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
(a) Longitudes of Europe and Asia.
(b) Latitudes of Europe and Asia.
(c) Longitudes of South America and Africa.
(d) Latitudes of South America and Africa.
4. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
5. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
6. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
(a) Brown-skinned with white hair.
(b) White-skinned with brown hair.
(c) White-skinned with auburn hair.
(d) Black-skinned with auburn hair.
7. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
8. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent completely made up of water.
(c) A continent covered with ice.
(d) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
9. According to Chapter 27, during what years did the Ice Age animal extinctions occur?
(a) 15,000-8,000 B.C.
(b) 8,000-6,000 B.C.
(c) 10,000-8,000 B.C.
(d) 15,000-10,000 B.C.
10. Where are the Luiseno located?
11. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
(a) An unknown civilization in the ice age.
(b) A known civilization in the ice age.
(c) A known civilization in the ice-free period.
(d) An unknown civilization in the ice-free period.
12. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(b) Central America.
13. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
(a) Five million.
(b) Three and a half million.
(c) Three and a half billion.
(d) Five billion.
14. How many stories were discovered world-wide about mankind's near annihilation in Chapter 24?
15. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 115,000 years.
(b) 100,000 years.
(c) 15,000 years.
(d) 50,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
2. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
3. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
4. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
5. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)