|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
(a) Tall, dark, bearded men.
(b) Tall, dark women.
(c) Tall, Caucasian, bearded men.
(d) Tall, Caucasian women.
2. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
(a) Pictures by an existing civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(b) Pictures by a vanished civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(c) Pictures by an existing civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
(d) Pictures by a vanished civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
3. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) He traveled alone.
(b) J. Eric Thompson.
(c) Charles Hapgood.
(d) Santha Faiia.
4. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals in Siberia during the Ice Age?
(a) They migrated.
(b) They survived.
(c) They reproduced.
(d) They froze in place.
5. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that vanished.
(b) They were drawn by apes.
(c) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that has remained in hiding.
(d) They were drawn by the same person.
6. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
7. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
8. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
(a) They were joined in 15,000 B.C.
(b) They were never joined.
(c) They separated in 15,000 B.C.
(d) They are still joined.
9. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
(a) Plagues and darkness.
(b) Famine and plagues.
(c) Earthquakes and famine.
(d) Floods and darkness.
10. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine chronometer.
(b) The marine thermometer.
(c) The marine tachometer.
(d) The marine barometer.
11. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 meters.
(b) 28 feet.
(c) 28 inches.
(d) 28 yards.
12. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A dog.
(c) A whale.
(d) A bear.
13. Where are the Luiseno located?
14. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
15. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
(a) A dark-skinned god with dark hair.
(b) A white-skinned, bearded god.
(c) A dark-skinned, bearded god.
(d) A white-skinned god with auburn hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
2. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
3. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
4. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
5. What are Mercator projections?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)