|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
2. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
3. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
(a) The twentieth.
(b) The fiftieth.
(c) The fifth.
(d) The tenth.
4. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
5. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
(a) They were joined in 15,000 B.C.
(b) They are still joined.
(c) They were never joined.
(d) They separated in 15,000 B.C.
6. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) The stars.
(b) The sun and moon.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) The planets.
7. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
(c) Central America.
8. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(b) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(c) Causing earthquakes.
(d) Causing landslides.
9. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
(b) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(c) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
(d) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
10. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
(b) Fights to the death.
(c) Initiation into manhood rituals.
(d) Ritual slaughter.
11. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is half the size.
(c) It is three times the size.
(d) It is one-third the size.
12. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
13. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
(a) A whale.
(b) A dolphin.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
14. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
15. What could the First Men see?
(a) Things buried underground.
(b) Things hidden in the distance.
(c) Things in the past.
(d) Things in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
2. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
3. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
4. When could longitude first be determined?
5. What are Mercator projections?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)