|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
2. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
(a) An image of a temple builder.
(b) An image of a boat.
(c) An image of Viracocha.
(d) An image of a pharoah.
3. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Peru and Bolivia.
(d) Central America.
4. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
(a) Longitudes of Europe and Asia.
(b) Latitudes of Europe and Asia.
(c) Latitudes of South America and Africa.
(d) Longitudes of South America and Africa.
5. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
(a) Floods and darkness.
(b) Plagues and darkness.
(c) Earthquakes and famine.
(d) Famine and plagues.
6. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 10 meters.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 60 meters.
7. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
8. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that has remained in hiding.
(b) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that vanished.
(c) They were drawn by the same person.
(d) They were drawn by apes.
9. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
10. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) Birds in flight.
(b) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(c) A painting of birds.
(d) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
11. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals in Siberia during the Ice Age?
(a) They froze in place.
(b) They reproduced.
(c) They migrated.
(d) They survived.
12. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
(a) Fish-garbed men.
(b) A peasant.
(d) A pharoah.
13. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
(a) Without water.
(d) Covered by water.
14. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(a) Love, kindness, and charity.
(b) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
15. According to Chapter 27, what accompanied the Ice Age?
(b) Warm spells.
(c) Volcanic ash debris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
2. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
3. What natural disasters accompany the Mayan myths?
4. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
5. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)