|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
2. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
(a) 12,500 feet above sea level.
(b) At sea level.
(c) 12,500 feet below sea level.
(d) In Lima.
3. How were the men referred to, as Viracocha described?
(a) Brown-skinned with white hair.
(b) White-skinned with auburn hair.
(c) White-skinned with brown hair.
(d) Black-skinned with auburn hair.
4. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
5. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
(a) Lead the others in prayer.
(b) Teach skills and science.
(c) Perform sacrifices.
(d) Worship a snake.
6. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
7. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1618 A.D.
(b) 1718 A.D.
(c) 1518 A.D.
(d) 1818 A.D.
8. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(a) Gigantic heads.
(c) Seashell jewelry.
(d) Line drawings.
9. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
10. What is the "foam of the sea"?
(a) A picture.
(b) A constellation.
(c) A part of a map.
(d) A god.
11. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
(a) Memories man chooses to forget.
(b) Memories man cannot recall or forget.
(c) Memories man can recall clearly.
(d) Made-up stories.
12. What are Mercator projections?
(a) The transfer of data from paper to globe without distortion.
(b) The projection of a globe on a screen.
(c) The transfer of data from globe to paper without distortion.
(d) The projection of a map on a screen.
13. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
(c) Snow and ice.
14. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
(c) Numeric astrology.
15. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 115,000 years.
(b) 15,000 years.
(c) 50,000 years.
(d) 100,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Olmecs invent?
2. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
3. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
4. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
5. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)