|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
(a) Using astronomy.
(b) Using geometry.
(c) Using sun-dials.
(d) Using astrology.
2. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(b) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(d) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
3. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Santha Faiia.
(b) J. Eric Thompson.
(c) He traveled alone.
(d) Charles Hapgood.
4. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
5. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 60 meters.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 10 meters.
6. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
(a) A pharoah.
(b) Fish-garbed men.
(c) A peasant.
7. What is the crowning Mayan achievement?
(a) The "Long Meter."
(b) The "Long Count."
(c) The "Long Day."
(d) The "Long Time."
8. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 25,000 miles.
(b) 15,000 kilometers.
(c) 15,000 miles.
(d) 25,000 kilometers.
9. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) No living creatures.
(b) No fossil sea shells.
(c) Fresh-water creatures.
(d) Salt-water creatures.
10. What falls from the sky in ancient Mayan myths?
(a) The sun and moon.
(b) The planets.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) The stars.
11. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
(a) More icy terrain.
(b) More ice-free terrain.
(c) More muddy terrain.
(d) More mud-free terrain.
12. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
(a) Over 3 hours.
(b) Over 3 minutes.
(c) Over 3 seconds.
(d) Over 3 days.
13. What did the Olmecs invent?
(a) Tools for sculpture.
(b) A calendar system.
(c) A zodiac system.
(d) Slingshots and arrows.
14. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
15. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
2. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
3. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
4. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
5. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)