|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "foam of the sea"?
(a) A part of a map.
(b) A constellation.
(c) A god.
(d) A picture.
2. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine tachometer.
(b) The marine barometer.
(c) The marine chronometer.
(d) The marine thermometer.
3. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 461 tons.
(b) 461 pounds.
(c) 361 pounds.
(d) 361 tons.
4. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 meters.
(b) 28 inches.
(c) 28 feet.
(d) 28 yards.
5. Where are the Luiseno located?
6. How many years of fossilized records of evolution exist?
(a) Three and a half million.
(b) Five billion.
(c) Five million.
(d) Three and a half billion.
7. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
(a) Building of altars.
(b) Teaching of skills and science.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) Use of weapons.
8. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
(a) An unknown civilization in the ice-free period.
(b) A known civilization in the ice-free period.
(c) A known civilization in the ice age.
(d) An unknown civilization in the ice age.
9. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
(b) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
(c) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(d) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
10. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
11. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
12. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 20 tons.
13. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
14. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
15. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
(b) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
(c) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(d) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Ricinulei"?
2. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
3. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
4. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
5. What did the Olmecs invent?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)