|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
2. What are Nazca lines?
(a) Lines on a map.
(b) Land on which lines are drawn.
(c) Lines on trees.
(d) Lines in caves.
3. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
4. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(a) Seashell jewelry.
(b) Line drawings.
(d) Gigantic heads.
5. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
(a) Use of weapons.
(b) Teaching of skills and science.
(c) Building of altars.
(d) Human sacrifice.
6. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
7. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
8. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(b) Birds in flight.
(c) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
(d) A painting of birds.
9. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
10. How long was Queen Maud Land ice-free?
(a) 9,000 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 10,000 years.
(d) 5,000 years.
11. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A continent completely made up of water.
(b) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(c) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(d) A continent covered with ice.
12. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals in Siberia during the Ice Age?
(a) They migrated.
(b) They survived.
(c) They froze in place.
(d) They reproduced.
13. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
14. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is half the size.
(c) It is three times the size.
(d) It is one-third the size.
15. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
(a) Fossil thievery.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Coal mining.
(d) Oil interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
2. What are Mercator projections?
3. When could longitude first be determined?
4. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
5. What are the symbols on the Yucatan's Pyramid of the Magician?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)