|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
2. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
3. How did Hancock view myths in Chapter 25?
(a) Made-up stories.
(b) Memories man can recall clearly.
(c) Memories man cannot recall or forget.
(d) Memories man chooses to forget.
4. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
(a) Central America.
5. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
(a) Fossil thievery.
(b) Coal mining.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) Oil interests.
6. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
(a) 4,000 years earlier.
(b) 40,000 years earlier.
(c) 3,000 years earlier.
(d) 30,000 years earlier.
7. What global catastrophe is discussed in Chapter 24?
8. What is the "foam of the sea"?
(a) A picture.
(b) A part of a map.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A god.
9. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
10. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(a) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
(c) Love, kindness, and charity.
11. What are Nazca lines?
(a) Lines on trees.
(b) Land on which lines are drawn.
(c) Lines in caves.
(d) Lines on a map.
12. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Santha Faiia.
(b) He traveled alone.
(c) Charles Hapgood.
(d) J. Eric Thompson.
13. How many steps are there on the Temple of Kukulkan?
14. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
15. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that vanished.
(b) They were drawn by apes.
(c) They were drawn by the same person.
(d) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that has remained in hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, how many years did deglaciation last?
2. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
3. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
4. What are Mercator projections?
5. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the sun during the Ice Age?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)