|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Aztecs, which cycle are we currently in now?
(a) The twentieth.
(b) The fiftieth.
(c) The fifth.
(d) The tenth.
2. What works of art were found in Tres Zapotes?
(a) Gigantic heads.
(c) Line drawings.
(d) Seashell jewelry.
3. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) Fresh-water creatures.
(b) No fossil sea shells.
(c) No living creatures.
(d) Salt-water creatures.
4. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 10 meters.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 60 meters.
5. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 25,000 miles.
(b) 25,000 kilometers.
(c) 15,000 miles.
(d) 15,000 kilometers.
6. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
7. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
(a) Flooding and war.
(b) Ice and darkness.
(c) Famine and plague.
(d) Earthquakes and volcanoes.
8. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the sun during the Ice Age?
(a) It became blinding.
(b) Its light and heat were extinguished.
(c) It moved closer to the Earth.
(d) It moved farther from the Earth.
9. According to Chapter 27, how many years ago did the peopling of America begin?
10. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
(a) A known civilization in the ice age.
(b) A known civilization in the ice-free period.
(c) An unknown civilization in the ice age.
(d) An unknown civilization in the ice-free period.
11. What do the maps in Chapter 2 show?
(a) Pictures by a vanished civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(b) Pictures by an existing civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
(c) Pictures by an existing civilization of close parts of the Earth.
(d) Pictures by a vanished civilization of widely separated parts of the Earth.
12. What did the boats on Suriqui Island resemble?
(a) Images of boats in Europe.
(b) Images of boats in Africa.
(c) Images of boats in Egypt.
(d) Images of boats in Central America.
13. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A whale.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
14. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
(d) Central America.
15. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
(a) Without water.
(b) Covered by water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
2. According to Chapter 27, during what years did the Ice Age animal extinctions occur?
3. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
4. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the hardy, cold-adapted animals in Siberia during the Ice Age?
5. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)