|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Andes legends begin?
(a) With floods, darkness, and chaos.
(b) In a time of discovery.
(c) In war time.
(d) In a time of peace and beauty.
2. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 10 meters.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 60 meters.
3. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(b) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(d) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
4. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
(a) Over 3 hours.
(b) Over 3 minutes.
(c) Over 3 days.
(d) Over 3 seconds.
5. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 25,000 kilometers.
(b) 15,000 miles.
(c) 25,000 miles.
(d) 15,000 kilometers.
6. How many years of darkness did the ancient Mayans experience?
7. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) Salt-water creatures.
(b) Fresh-water creatures.
(c) No living creatures.
(d) No fossil sea shells.
8. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
(a) Worship a snake.
(b) Perform sacrifices.
(c) Lead the others in prayer.
(d) Teach skills and science.
9. What is a lost civilization believed to be buried under in The Mystery of the Maps?
10. According to Chapter 27, what happened to the sun during the Ice Age?
(a) Its light and heat were extinguished.
(b) It moved closer to the Earth.
(c) It moved farther from the Earth.
(d) It became blinding.
11. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
12. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
13. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
(a) Initiation into manhood rituals.
(b) Ritual slaughter.
(d) Fights to the death.
14. What was one of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by computers.
(b) They were drawn by different groups of people.
(c) They were drawn by super-humans.
(d) They were drawn by aliens from outer space.
15. What are the symbols on the Yucatan's Pyramid of the Magician?
(a) Bearded men, serpents, and crosses.
(b) Bearded men, spiders, and suns.
(c) Serpents, spiders, and suns.
(d) Serpents, spiders, and crosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
2. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
3. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
4. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
5. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)