|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mercator projections?
(a) The projection of a globe on a screen.
(b) The transfer of data from globe to paper without distortion.
(c) The projection of a map on a screen.
(d) The transfer of data from paper to globe without distortion.
2. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
3. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(b) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(d) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
4. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
5. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
6. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
(a) They are still joined.
(b) They were never joined.
(c) They separated in 15,000 B.C.
(d) They were joined in 15,000 B.C.
7. According to Chapter 26, what were the Earth's conditions when man originated?
(a) Without water.
(b) Covered by water.
8. What are the symbols on the Yucatan's Pyramid of the Magician?
(a) Serpents, spiders, and crosses.
(b) Bearded men, spiders, and suns.
(c) Serpents, spiders, and suns.
(d) Bearded men, serpents, and crosses.
9. What did the god of the Andes bring?
(a) Floods, darkness, and chaos.
(b) Love, kindness, and charity.
10. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
(a) Famine and plague.
(b) Ice and darkness.
(c) Flooding and war.
(d) Earthquakes and volcanoes.
11. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1518 A.D.
(b) 1618 A.D.
(c) 1818 A.D.
(d) 1718 A.D.
12. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
(a) 5,000 feet below its airport.
(b) In Lima.
(c) 5,000 feet above its airport.
(d) At the same level as its airport.
13. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
14. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A whale.
15. What is the Iranian cataclysm?
(a) Snow and ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
2. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
3. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
4. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
5. Where are the Luiseno located?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)