|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
(c) Numeric astrology.
2. Where did the story of Utnapishtim take place?
(b) Central America.
3. What did the Olmecs invent?
(a) A zodiac system.
(b) Slingshots and arrows.
(c) Tools for sculpture.
(d) A calendar system.
4. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
(a) Famine and plague.
(b) Ice and darkness.
(c) Flooding and war.
(d) Earthquakes and volcanoes.
5. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Causing landslides.
(b) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(c) Causing earthquakes.
(d) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
6. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
7. How does Cholula's man-made mountain compare in size to the Great Pyramid?
(a) It is twice the size.
(b) It is half the size.
(c) It is one-third the size.
(d) It is three times the size.
8. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
(a) Fights to the death.
(b) Ritual slaughter.
(c) Initiation into manhood rituals.
9. When could longitude first be determined?
10. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation begin?
11. In what forms did the god of the Andes exist?
(a) Scientist, architect, sculptor, and engineer.
(b) Diplomat, storyteller, musician, and troubador.
(c) Farmer, preacher, painter, and carpenter.
(d) Geologist, explorer, prophet, and herbalist.
12. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
13. When was the Antarctic ice cap discovered?
(a) 1818 A.D.
(b) 1518 A.D.
(c) 1718 A.D.
(d) 1618 A.D.
14. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
(a) Using geometry.
(b) Using astrology.
(c) Using astronomy.
(d) Using sun-dials.
15. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 461 tons.
(b) 461 pounds.
(c) 361 pounds.
(d) 361 tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
2. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
3. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
4. What is the "foam of the sea"?
5. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)