|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Orion constellation appear in Egyptian chant?
(a) 3,000 years earlier.
(b) 40,000 years earlier.
(c) 4,000 years earlier.
(d) 30,000 years earlier.
2. What was confirmed about Tianhuanaco and Lake Titicaca?
(a) They were joined in 15,000 B.C.
(b) They are still joined.
(c) They separated in 15,000 B.C.
(d) They were never joined.
3. What changes their paths in Mayan myths?
4. Where are the Luiseno located?
5. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
(a) At the same level as its airport.
(b) 5,000 feet above its airport.
(c) 5,000 feet below its airport.
(d) In Lima.
6. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine barometer.
(b) The marine chronometer.
(c) The marine thermometer.
(d) The marine tachometer.
7. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
(b) Peru and Bolivia.
(d) Central America.
8. What are the symbols on the Yucatan's Pyramid of the Magician?
(a) Serpents, spiders, and suns.
(b) Bearded men, spiders, and suns.
(c) Serpents, spiders, and crosses.
(d) Bearded men, serpents, and crosses.
9. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 361 pounds.
(b) 461 pounds.
(c) 361 tons.
(d) 461 tons.
10. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
11. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
(a) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that vanished.
(b) They were drawn by the same person.
(c) They were drawn by apes.
(d) They were drawn by an advanced civilization that has remained in hiding.
12. According to Chapter 26, what is the most likely amount of time modern man has existed?
(a) 115,000 years.
(b) 100,000 years.
(c) 50,000 years.
(d) 15,000 years.
13. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
14. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) He traveled alone.
(b) Santha Faiia.
(c) J. Eric Thompson.
(d) Charles Hapgood.
15. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
(b) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(c) Birds in flight.
(d) A painting of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, what is the longest possible amount of time modern man has existed?
2. What South American cataclysm is described in Chapter 25?
3. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
4. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
5. How long was Queen Maud Land ice-free?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)