Short Essay Questions Key
1. In the Introduction, what was Hancock trying to determine?
In the Introduction, Hancock was trying to determine if there was once a lost civilization living in temperate conditions in Antarctica.
2. In the Introduction, why did Hancock study the Admiral Piri Reis Map?
Hancock studied the Piri Reis map to determine if and when an ancient civilization had been buried under glacial ice.
3. Is the theory of Earth-crust displacement plausible?
Yes, the theory of Earth-crust displacement is plausible, because it explains what is known about the climate change and Ice Age in Antarctica.
4. How were the findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map verified?
The findings of the Oronteus Finaeus Map were verified using core sediment samples and ionium-dating methods.
5. What was the explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth?
The explanation for early maps showing widely separated parts of the Earth was that there was an early advanced civilization who traveled the world by ship before vanishing.
This section contains 2,610 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)