|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plumed Serpent: Central America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(b) Causing landslides.
(c) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(d) Causing earthquakes.
2. What did the Olmecs invent?
(a) A calendar system.
(b) A zodiac system.
(c) Tools for sculpture.
(d) Slingshots and arrows.
3. What did Gerald Kremer show in a 1569 Atlas?
(a) More ice-free terrain.
(b) More mud-free terrain.
(c) More icy terrain.
(d) More muddy terrain.
4. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 20 meters.
(c) 12 meters.
(d) 12 feet.
5. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
(b) Initiation into manhood rituals.
(c) Ritual slaughter.
(d) Fights to the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
2. Who vanquished Quetzalcoatl?
3. When was Machu Pichu discovered?
4. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
5. What did the boats on Suriqui Island resemble?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)