|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Foam of the Sea: Peru and Bolivia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Flight of the Condor"?
(a) A painting of birds.
(b) A map showing birds' migratory patterns.
(c) Birds in flight.
(d) An airline flight showcasing images of animals on the ground.
2. How long was the mysterious surface road on the coast and through the Andes?
(a) 15,000 miles.
(b) 25,000 kilometers.
(c) 25,000 miles.
(d) 15,000 kilometers.
3. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent covered with ice.
(c) A continent completely made up of water.
(d) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
4. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(b) Causing earthquakes.
(c) Causing landslides.
(d) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
5. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 12 meters.
(c) 20 meters.
(d) 12 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
2. When could longitude first be determined?
3. What are Nazca lines?
4. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
5. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)