|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Foam of the Sea: Peru and Bolivia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 12 feet.
(b) 12 meters.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 20 meters.
2. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(b) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(c) Causing earthquakes.
(d) Causing landslides.
3. What are Nazca lines?
(a) Land on which lines are drawn.
(b) Lines on trees.
(c) Lines in caves.
(d) Lines on a map.
4. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
(a) Frozen conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(b) Warm conditions up to 6,000 years ago.
(c) Warm conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
(d) Frozen conditions up to 3,000 years ago.
5. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
(a) In Lima.
(b) 12,500 feet below sea level.
(c) At sea level.
(d) 12,500 feet above sea level.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
2. Where is the Great Pyramid located?
3. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
4. What is the "foam of the sea"?
5. When was the Oronteus Finaeus Map drawn?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)