|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Foam of the Sea: Peru and Bolivia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "foam of the sea"?
(a) A part of a map.
(b) A picture.
(c) A god.
(d) A constellation.
2. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 15 feet by 2 feet.
(b) 12 meters by 5 meters.
(c) 12 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 15 meters by 2 meters.
3. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 meters.
(b) 28 inches.
(c) 28 feet.
(d) 28 yards.
4. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
5. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
(a) Latitudes of Europe and Asia.
(b) Latitudes of South America and Africa.
(c) Longitudes of Europe and Asia.
(d) Longitudes of South America and Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
2. Where are the mountains Hancock visited in The Mystery of the Maps?
3. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
4. What did the boats on Suriqui Island resemble?
5. When could longitude first be determined?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)