|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Foam of the Sea: Peru and Bolivia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
(a) At the same level as its airport.
(b) 5,000 feet above its airport.
(c) In Lima.
(d) 5,000 feet below its airport.
2. How high were the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 28 feet.
(b) 28 meters.
(c) 28 inches.
(d) 28 yards.
3. What did the boats on Suriqui Island resemble?
(a) Images of boats in Africa.
(b) Images of boats in Central America.
(c) Images of boats in Egypt.
(d) Images of boats in Europe.
4. How is longitude defined?
(a) Degrees north or south from the prime meridian.
(b) Degrees east or west from Greenwich.
(c) Degrees east or west from the prime meridian.
(d) Degrees north or south from Greenwich.
5. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent completely made up of water.
(c) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(d) A continent covered with ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weapon did the god of the Andes have?
2. What is the "foam of the sea"?
3. What continent is on the ancient maps in The Mystery of the Maps?
4. What was map-maker Gerard Kremer also known as?
5. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)