|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lord of Eternity: Egypt 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
(a) The marine barometer.
(b) The marine thermometer.
(c) The marine chronometer.
(d) The marine tachometer.
2. What is the Great Pyramid a scale model of?
(a) The southern sky.
(b) The northern sky.
(c) Earth's northern hemisphere.
(d) Earth's southern hemisphere.
3. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
(a) Oil interests.
(b) Fossil thievery.
(c) Coal mining.
(d) An earthquake.
4. What did the Ancient Egyptians understand well, according to Chapter 42?
(a) The mechanics of building structures.
(b) The mechanics of the solar system.
(c) The mechanics of language.
(d) The mechanics of geometry.
5. To what superhuman are Viracocha and Quetzalcoatl compared?
(a) Turin Papyrus.
(b) Palermo Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many blocks does the Great Pyramid have?
2. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
3. What is the only other pyramid in the world, besides the Great Pyramid, to use a variant on pi?
4. In Chapter 23, what was used 2,000 years before it was "discovered"?
5. In Chapter 36, what is a belief mentioned about the tombs?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)