|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plumed Serpent: Central America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) Charles Hapgood.
(b) He traveled alone.
(c) Santha Faiia.
(d) J. Eric Thompson.
2. What animal image can be found in Nazca?
(a) A dog.
(b) A whale.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dolphin.
3. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
(a) A pharoah.
(b) A peasant.
(c) Fish-garbed men.
4. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
(a) In Lima.
(b) At sea level.
(c) 12,500 feet below sea level.
(d) 12,500 feet above sea level.
5. According to the Mayans, what precedes global destruction?
(a) Floods and darkness.
(b) Famine and plagues.
(c) Earthquakes and famine.
(d) Plagues and darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Byrd Antarctic Expeditions prove?
2. When was the Admiral Piri Reis map drawn?
3. What was another of Hancock's theories about the maps in Chapter 2?
4. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
5. What tool enabled longitude to be determined?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)