|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plumed Serpent: Central America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the symbols on the Yucatan's Pyramid of the Magician?
(a) Serpents, spiders, and crosses.
(b) Bearded men, serpents, and crosses.
(c) Bearded men, spiders, and suns.
(d) Serpents, spiders, and suns.
2. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
(a) An image of a pharoah.
(b) An image of a boat.
(c) An image of Viracocha.
(d) An image of a temple builder.
3. Who was Quetzalcoatl?
(a) A white-skinned god with auburn hair.
(b) A dark-skinned god with dark hair.
(c) A white-skinned, bearded god.
(d) A dark-skinned, bearded god.
4. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Coal mining.
(c) Oil interests.
(d) Fossil thievery.
5. What is the theory of earth-crust displacement responsible for?
(a) Moving Antarctica away from the South Pole.
(b) Causing landslides.
(c) Moving Antarctica to the South Pole.
(d) Causing earthquakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
2. What did Quetzalcoatl forbid?
3. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
4. What could the First Men see?
5. How long was Queen Maud Land ice-free?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)