|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plumed Serpent: Central America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) J. Eric Thompson.
(b) Charles Hapgood.
(c) Santha Faiia.
(d) He traveled alone.
2. How did the Andes legends begin?
(a) With floods, darkness, and chaos.
(b) In a time of discovery.
(c) In war time.
(d) In a time of peace and beauty.
3. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
(a) Tall, Caucasian, bearded men.
(b) Tall, dark women.
(c) Tall, Caucasian women.
(d) Tall, dark, bearded men.
4. How far did the Olmecs transport blocks of stone?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 60 meters.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 10 meters.
5. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
(a) In Lima.
(b) 5,000 feet above its airport.
(c) At the same level as its airport.
(d) 5,000 feet below its airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
2. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
3. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
4. How long was Queen Maud Land ice-free?
5. What destroyed any ancient civilizations in the Olmecs area of Mexico?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)