|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plumed Serpent: Central America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mercator projections?
(a) The projection of a map on a screen.
(b) The transfer of data from globe to paper without distortion.
(c) The projection of a globe on a screen.
(d) The transfer of data from paper to globe without distortion.
2. How much did the monolith weigh that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 200 tons.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 20 tons.
3. How did the Andes legends begin?
(a) In a time of discovery.
(b) With floods, darkness, and chaos.
(c) In a time of peace and beauty.
(d) In war time.
4. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
(a) Initiation into manhood rituals.
(b) Fights to the death.
(d) Ritual slaughter.
5. What did Philippe Buache's maps reveal?
(a) A murky waterway crossing the continent.
(b) A continent completely made up of water.
(c) A clear waterway crossing the continent.
(d) A continent covered with ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sculptures of Kalasasaya resemble?
2. How long does the illusion on the Temple of Kululkan last?
3. What are Nazca lines?
4. How many sun cycles did the Aztecs believe in?
5. How is longitude defined?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)