|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plumed Serpent: Central America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Graham Hancock travel in The Mystery of the Maps?
(a) He traveled alone.
(b) Charles Hapgood.
(c) J. Eric Thompson.
(d) Santha Faiia.
2. Where is Lake Titicaca located?
(a) 12,500 feet below sea level.
(b) 12,500 feet above sea level.
(c) In Lima.
(d) At sea level.
3. What does Lake Titicaca contain?
(a) No fossil sea shells.
(b) Salt-water creatures.
(c) No living creatures.
(d) Fresh-water creatures.
4. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
(a) Using geometry.
(b) Using astrology.
(c) Using astronomy.
(d) Using sun-dials.
5. What did the Oronteus Finaeus Map confirm?
(a) A known civilization in the ice-free period.
(b) A known civilization in the ice age.
(c) An unknown civilization in the ice-free period.
(d) An unknown civilization in the ice age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overlooked a sunken temple in Chapter 10?
2. What did the Piri Reis Map precisely locate?
3. Where is Bolivia's capital located?
4. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
5. What do the Olmecs' sculptures look like?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)