|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mystery of the Myths: 2. The Precessional Code.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weight of the boulders that made up the man-made gate in Chapter 7?
(a) 461 tons.
(b) 361 pounds.
(c) 361 tons.
(d) 461 pounds.
2. How large was the monolith that was moved to Machu Pichu?
(a) 12 meters by 5 meters.
(b) 15 meters by 2 meters.
(c) 15 feet by 2 feet.
(d) 12 feet by 5 feet.
3. What natural disasters accompany the Mayan myths?
(a) Darkness and pestilence.
(b) Volcanoes and earthquakes.
(c) Ice and flooding.
(d) Plague and famine.
4. How did the Mayans get a complex accurate calendar?
(a) Using astronomy.
(b) Using geometry.
(c) Using astrology.
(d) Using sun-dials.
5. Who invented the tool enabling longitude to be determined?
(a) John Harrison.
(b) John Harris.
(c) Harold Johnson.
(d) Howard Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at the Temple of the Warriors?
2. What did the "People of the Serpent" do?
3. Where did the story of Gilgamesh take place?
4. Who is Jane Sellers?
5. According to Chapter 26, how many years ago did Ice Age glaciation expand to its fullest extent in the world?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)