* Ancient maps show Antarctica to have once been a temperate zone.
* The Earth's crust displaced it to the Antarctic polar ice-cap.
* A lost civilization may be buried under two miles of glacial ice.
* The Admiral Piri Reis map from 1513 AD shows coastal land under the Antarctic ice cap before its discovery in 1818 AD.
* Geological evidence shows Queen Maud Land was ice-free under the Antarctic continent for at least 9,000 years.
* Hapgood theorizes "Earth-crust displacement" shifted the Earth's outer crust and moved Antarctica to the South Pole.
* Details of the Oronteus Finaeus Map from 1531 confirm an unknown civilization living in Antarctica in the ice-free period of 4,000 BC.
* Core sediment samples from Byrd Antarctic Expeditions show river-deposit sediment up to 6,000 years ago that prove warm conditions.
* Mercator used Oronteus to show the Antarctic in a 1569 Atlas with much more ice-free terrain.
* Maps show "fingerprints" of...
This section contains 1,634 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)