|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does injustice in the court affect Alex?
2. Who is Mike's fellow officer?
3. During a political campaign in California, who was stalked?
4. Alex receives a call announcing that who has been arrested?
5. Alex arrives at work and is soon visited by whom?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Alex. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in New York in the 1990s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms do they have that 21st century women do not have, if any?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)