|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter that Alex gets contain?
2. Johnny was on a yacht with whom?
3. What weapons are used to threaten Alex?
4. What shocking conclusion does Alex make from seeing the clue?
5. What does Alex learn that the young attorney who had tried the case earlier in the day had won?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mike and Alex differ on Jed as a suspect?
2. Paul feels that Alex is punishing herself for what?
3. What do Mike and Mercer do to help Alex deal with Jed's infidelity?
4. Describe the questioning with the suspected rapist.
5. What does David propose to do with Jed about which Alex is reluctant?
6. What is Alex concerned that Jed's involvement with the case will do?
7. Describe David.
8. How does Alex confront Jed?
9. What could be a motive for Richard to murder Isabella?
10. What are the two clues that Mike shares with Alex about Jed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
Essay Topic 2
Who feels betrayed in Final Jeopardy and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in Final Jeopardy? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)