|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex's friend have that can help identify the companion on the ferry?
2. Who is Mike's fellow officer?
3. When does Alex arrive for dinner to meet with Isabella's acquaintance?
4. Who bought a gift for Alex in New York?
5. Who connects with Alex and discusses personal issues but is stopped by Alex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jed worried about with Alex?
2. What could be a motive for Richard to murder Isabella?
3. Describe Cordelia.
4. Why is Alex angry at Mickey?
5. How is Mike concerned for Alex's safety?
6. What is Alex concerned that Jed's involvement with the case will do?
7. Describe David.
8. What distressing realization does Alex have about Jed?
9. Describe Mickey.
10. What is Mike's approach to confronting Jed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellen and Isabella are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Ellen had a direct influence? What are some events upon which Isabella had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Alex. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in her life?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)