|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex deny could have happened despite seeing the clue?
2. What shocking conclusion does Alex make from seeing the clue?
3. Johnny was on a yacht with whom?
4. Who has knowledge of Isabella's plans to go to Martha's Vineyard apart from Alex and Jed?
5. Who believes Alex is apologizing for her altercation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mike and Mercer do to help Alex deal with Jed's infidelity?
2. Describe Harold.
3. Why is Alex angry at Mickey?
4. What is Alex concerned that Jed's involvement with the case will do?
5. What does David reveal about Cordelia's knowledge of Isabella?
6. Why does Alex jump into Ellen's car?
7. How does Alex confront Jed?
8. How is Mike concerned for Alex's safety?
9. Paul feels that Alex is punishing herself for what?
10. Describe Mickey.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jed's character, comparing and contrasting him with Mike and David.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)