|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who checked into Cordelia's license?
2. Who does Alex think about calling but does not want to interrupt in a meeting?
3. Who is Mike's fellow officer?
4. What does Alex realize about Isabella's murderer?
5. Who believes that Jed is still a suspect even though Alex believes that he wouldn't have killed Isabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jed's character, comparing and contrasting him with Mike and David.
Essay Topic 2
Ellen and Isabella are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Ellen had a direct influence? What are some events upon which Isabella had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the story. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does the author insert foreshadowing into the story? is it effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)