Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does injustice in the court affect Alex?
2. Who is Mike's fellow officer?
3. During a political campaign in California, who was stalked?
4. Alex receives a call announcing that who has been arrested?
5. Alex arrives at work and is soon visited by whom?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths of Alex, Mike, Paul, and David; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions are correct. Who actually solves the murders and how?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in New York in the 1990s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms do they have that 21st century women do not have, if any?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ellen behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Ellen want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women? Describe.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)