|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex has dinner with what man who is associated with Isabella?
2. By what means of transportation does Alex hate to travel?
3. Who does Alex think about calling but does not want to interrupt in a meeting?
4. What is the name of the dog that Alex encounters?
5. Who has knowledge of Isabella's plans to go to Martha's Vineyard apart from Alex and Jed?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths of Alex, Mike, Paul, and David; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions are correct. Who actually solves the murders and how?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ellen. What is her role in the story? What is the author trying to accomplish by creating Ellen's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)