|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex is given what that was found in Isabella's desk at her home?
2. Who calls Alex at the office, assuring her that he is not a killer?
3. What could have been the catalyst for murder?
4. Alex receives a call announcing that who has been arrested?
5. What does Jed accuse Alex of being?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in New York in the 1990s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms do they have that 21st century women do not have, if any?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Alex's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the murderer?
Essay Topic 3
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)