|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who connects with Alex and discusses personal issues but is stopped by Alex?
2. What could have been the catalyst for murder?
3. Who is Mike's fellow officer?
4. What has Alex received from Jed that is mentioned in the letter?
5. What weapons are used to threaten Alex?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ellen. What is her role in the story? What is the author trying to accomplish by creating Ellen's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jed's character, comparing and contrasting him with Mike and David.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)