|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apparently the victim had what happen before to him/her?
2. Alex has dinner with what man who is associated with Isabella?
3. Whose character appears strong in the court trial?
4. Who does Alex find pompous at the club?
5. What does Alex deny could have happened despite seeing the clue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alex goes to the police station for the rapist investigation?
2. Describe Mickey.
3. How is Mike concerned for Alex's safety?
4. How does Alex reveal her character in court?
5. How does David prove that Cordelia is a fraud?
6. What is Jed worried about with Alex?
7. How does Alex confront Jed?
8. What distressing realization does Alex have about Jed?
9. Why did Ellen commit the murder?
10. How does Alex realize that Ellen is the murderer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who feels betrayed in Final Jeopardy and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
Essay Topic 2
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of 'appearances can be deceiving' most?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author titled the book Final Jeopardy? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel or more mysteries with Alex? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)