|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex learn that the young attorney who had tried the case earlier in the day had won?
2. David's gift to Alex contains information on what?
3. Alex risks a contempt charge for what in court?
4. Alex orders pizza from where?
5. Who is shot and taken into custody?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jed worried about with Alex?
2. How does David prove that Cordelia is a fraud?
3. What happens when Alex goes to the police station for the rapist investigation?
4. Describe the questioning with the suspected rapist.
5. What could be a motive for Richard to murder Isabella?
6. What do Mike and Mercer do to help Alex deal with Jed's infidelity?
7. Describe David.
8. What is Mike's approach to confronting Jed?
9. Describe Johnny's defense.
10. What does Cordelia say derisively about Alex and Jed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ellen behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Ellen want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the story. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does the author insert foreshadowing into the story? is it effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)