|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who connects with Alex and discusses personal issues but is stopped by Alex?
2. What does the letter mock Alex for doing with Jed?
3. Who checked into Cordelia's license?
4. Who returns to town and meets with Alex?
5. Who calls Alex at the office, assuring her that he is not a killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ellen commit the murder?
2. Why is Alex angry at Mickey?
3. What is Mike's approach to confronting Jed?
4. Describe David.
5. Describe Cordelia.
6. How is Mike concerned for Alex's safety?
7. How do Mike and Alex differ on Jed as a suspect?
8. How does David prove that Cordelia is a fraud?
9. Describe Harold.
10. Describe the questioning with the suspected rapist.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ellen. What is her role in the story? What is the author trying to accomplish by creating Ellen's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)