|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alex want to avoid seeing?
2. Who bought a gift for Alex in New York?
3. Who is protective of Alex after her emotional outburst?
4. What is the name of the dog that Alex encounters?
5. What does Alex deny could have happened despite seeing the clue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Harold.
2. What do Mike and Mercer do to help Alex deal with Jed's infidelity?
3. What does Cordelia say derisively about Alex and Jed?
4. Describe Mickey.
5. What are the two clues that Mike shares with Alex about Jed?
6. What happens when Alex goes to the police station for the rapist investigation?
7. Describe the questioning with the suspected rapist.
8. How does Alex reveal her character in court?
9. Describe Johnny's defense.
10. Describe Alex's interaction with Jed in the car.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jed's character, comparing and contrasting him with Mike and David.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ellen. What is her role in the story? What is the author trying to accomplish by creating Ellen's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ellen behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Ellen want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women? Describe.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)