|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Alex is apologizing for her altercation?
2. Who is protective of Alex after her emotional outburst?
3. Who has knowledge of Isabella's plans to go to Martha's Vineyard apart from Alex and Jed?
4. Alex has dinner with what man who is associated with Isabella?
5. Who does Alex talk to before her guest arrives to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex jump into Ellen's car?
2. What does David propose to do with Jed about which Alex is reluctant?
3. How does David prove that Cordelia is a fraud?
4. How is Mike concerned for Alex's safety?
5. Describe Johnny's defense.
6. What is Alex concerned that Jed's involvement with the case will do?
7. Describe the letter Alex gets from Cordelia.
8. Describe Mickey.
9. Describe Alex's interaction with Jed in the car.
10. How does Alex reveal her character in court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who feels betrayed in Final Jeopardy and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in New York in the 1990s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms do they have that 21st century women do not have, if any?
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in Final Jeopardy? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)