|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex decides to assign her case to another prosecutor called what?
2. Who was the ﬁrst on the scene of Isabella's murder?
3. Why is Alex upset with Jed?
4. Alex talks to Mike about whom?
5. Who has been following a movie star?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alex's residence on the island and how to get there.
2. Describe Jed.
3. Describe Alex.
4. Why does Richard come to see Alex?
5. Describe Alex's first interview with Ellen.
6. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
7. What is the thin line that Alex talks about in relation to Isabella?
8. What does Alex learn when she gets to the crime scene at the house?
9. How did Isabella meet Jed?
10. Describe Isabella.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ellen behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Ellen want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)