|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex attends what event with her boss who is in a bad mood?
2. What of Isabella's possessions is missing?
3. Alex is asked if she has met Isabella's ex-husband called what?
4. Alex tries to read what but has trouble concentrating?
5. Isabella's most recent boyfriend is named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
2. Why does Richard come to see Alex?
3. Describe the questioning with the suspected rapist.
4. Describe the letter Alex gets from Cordelia.
5. What is Alex concerned that Jed's involvement with the case will do?
6. Why is Alex angry at Mickey?
7. Why does Alex jump into Ellen's car?
8. What did Isabella say that Alex now regrets not taking seriously?
9. Describe Isabella.
10. How does David prove that Cordelia is a fraud?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jed's character, comparing and contrasting him with Mike and David.
Essay Topic 2
Ellen and Isabella are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Ellen had a direct influence? What are some events upon which Isabella had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)