|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a new victim of the murderer?
2. What is Alex NOT distracted by?
3. Alex learns from whom that there's a new case for the ofﬁce?
4. Who has to be in court the following morning?
5. Alex believes that she is not what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellen.
2. What do the police think of Isabella's murder initially?
3. How does Alex reveal her independence to police officers on the island?
4. How does Mike dissuade Alex from believing she is an intended murder victim?
5. Describe Jed.
6. What is the thin line that Alex talks about in relation to Isabella?
7. What did Isabella say that Alex now regrets not taking seriously?
8. Describe Mrs. Zalina.
9. Describe Mike.
10. Describe Johnny.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)