Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alex's boyfriend?
2. What does Alex see that belongs to Isabella in the kitchen?
3. Jed had recommended what to help manage Alex's friend's money?
4. Who calls to let Alex know that Jed is on his way up?
5. Alex watches the coverage of what on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery do Alex and Mike make when they go to the island?
2. What could be a motive for Richard to murder Isabella?
3. Describe Johnny.
4. Describe Mike.
5. Describe Jed.
6. How do Mike and Alex differ on Jed as a suspect?
7. What is Alex's love story about the island?
8. What does Cordelia say derisively about Alex and Jed?
9. Describe David.
10. Describe Alex.
Essay Topic 1
Final Jeopardy is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of 'appearances can be deceiving' most?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)