|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alex NOT distracted by?
2. Alex and Mike later go to visit the sisters of which family?
3. Who calls to let Alex know that Jed is on his way up?
4. Alex tells Mike about the history of Martha's Vineyard as they prepare to travel to where?
5. Isabella could have been recognized by what taken during the ferry ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex agitated about Jed?
2. Describe Isabella.
3. What is the thin line that Alex talks about in relation to Isabella?
4. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
5. Describe Alex's first interview with Ellen.
6. What do the police think of Isabella's murder initially?
7. What discovery do Alex and Mike make when they go to the island?
8. Describe Alex's residence on the island and how to get there.
9. What does Alex learn when she gets to the crime scene at the house?
10. Why is Alex's name in the paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Alex. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the story. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does the author insert foreshadowing into the story? is it effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who feels betrayed in Final Jeopardy and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)