Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alex's boyfriend?
2. What does Alex see that belongs to Isabella in the kitchen?
3. Jed had recommended what to help manage Alex's friend's money?
4. Who calls to let Alex know that Jed is on his way up?
5. Alex watches the coverage of what on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery do Alex and Mike make when they go to the island?
2. What could be a motive for Richard to murder Isabella?
3. Describe Johnny.
4. Describe Mike.
5. Describe Jed.
6. How do Mike and Alex differ on Jed as a suspect?
7. What is Alex's love story about the island?
8. What does Cordelia say derisively about Alex and Jed?
9. Describe David.
10. Describe Alex.
Explain the role of women in New York in the 1990s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms do they have that 21st century women do not have, if any?
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)