|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex tells whom what she knows about Isabella's life?
2. The report is based on mistaken identity and the dead woman has been staying in Alex's house. What is her name?
3. Where is Alex's boyfriend?
4. Alex is a prosecutor who works where?
5. Alex and Mike later go to visit the sisters of which family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan that Mike and Alex have for investigating at the house?
2. Why does Alex jump into Ellen's car?
3. What distressing realization does Alex have about Jed?
4. How do Mike and Alex differ on Jed as a suspect?
5. What does David reveal about Cordelia's knowledge of Isabella?
6. Why does Alex work as a prosecutor?
7. Describe Cordelia.
8. Describe Isabella.
9. Describe David.
10. What does Alex learn when she gets to the crime scene at the house?
Essay Topic 1
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of 'appearances can be deceiving' most?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the story. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does the author insert foreshadowing into the story? is it effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who feels betrayed in Final Jeopardy and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)