|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex works what type of case and interviews the latest victim?
2. Isabella's most recent boyfriend is named what?
3. What was Isabella wearing when she died?
4. Who is Jed's boss?
5. Why did Alex buy a place on Martha's Vineyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alex.
2. Why does Richard come to see Alex?
3. Describe Isabella.
4. Why is Alex's name in the paper?
5. What is Alex's love story about the island?
6. Describe Johnny.
7. Describe Alex's first interview with Ellen.
8. What did Isabella intend to do on Martha's Vineyard?
9. Why is Alex surprised to see a man in her office?
10. What is the importance of the game of Jeopardy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is sexuality portrayed in Final Jeopardy? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the story. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does the author insert foreshadowing into the story? is it effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)