|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexandra Cooper is reading a "mock up" of what front page that includes the story of Alex's death?
2. Who is the pilot taking Alex and Mike to Martha's Vineyard?
3. Who is a new victim of the murderer?
4. Alex and Mike later go to visit the sisters of which family?
5. Alex believes that she is not what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mike.
2. Describe Alex's first interview with Ellen.
3. Describe Mrs. Zalina.
4. Describe Alex's residence on the island and how to get there.
5. Why is Alex agitated about Jed?
6. Describe Jed.
7. Why is Alex's name in the paper?
8. Why does Richard come to see Alex?
9. What did Isabella say that Alex now regrets not taking seriously?
10. Describe Alex.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of 'appearances can be deceiving' most?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Alex. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in New York in the 1990s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms do they have that 21st century women do not have, if any?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)