|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alex's boyfriend?
2. What does Alex see that belongs to Isabella in the kitchen?
3. Jed had recommended what to help manage Alex's friend's money?
4. Who calls to let Alex know that Jed is on his way up?
5. Alex watches the coverage of what on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery do Alex and Mike make when they go to the island?
2. What could be a motive for Richard to murder Isabella?
3. Describe Johnny.
4. Describe Mike.
5. Describe Jed.
6. How do Mike and Alex differ on Jed as a suspect?
7. What is Alex's love story about the island?
8. What does Cordelia say derisively about Alex and Jed?
9. Describe David.
10. Describe Alex.
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths of Alex, Mike, Paul, and David; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions are correct. Who actually solves the murders and how?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)