|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jed had recommended what to help manage Alex's friend's money?
2. Alex talks to Mike about whom?
3. Alex decides to assign her case to another prosecutor called what?
4. At the landing strip, Mike and Alex are met by whom?
5. Alex learns from whom that there's a new case for the ofﬁce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mike.
2. What is Alex's love story about the island?
3. Why does Richard come to see Alex?
4. Describe Ellen.
5. Why is Alex surprised to see a man in her office?
6. What does Alex learn when she gets to the crime scene at the house?
7. What did Isabella say that Alex now regrets not taking seriously?
8. How does Mike dissuade Alex from believing she is an intended murder victim?
9. Describe Mrs. Zalina.
10. Why is Alex agitated about Jed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of 'appearances can be deceiving' most?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)