|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexandra Cooper is reading a "mock up" of what front page that includes the story of Alex's death?
2. Alex and Mike later go to visit the sisters of which family?
3. What does Zalina say that she can recognize?
4. What does Alex see that belongs to Isabella in the kitchen?
5. Who does Jed go with after the event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex angry with Jed at the dinner?
2. Describe Jed.
3. Describe Ellen.
4. Describe Alex.
5. What discovery do Alex and Mike make when they go to the island?
6. How did Isabella meet Jed?
7. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
8. Describe Mike.
9. Describe Richard.
10. What is Alex's love story about the island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
Essay Topic 3
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of 'appearances can be deceiving' most?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)