|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex tries to read what but has trouble concentrating?
2. Who is the police ofﬁcer working on the case of a serial rapist?
3. What of Isabella's possessions is missing?
4. Who had charmed Jed at dinner with Alex that Alex thinks about?
5. What is something the police find in the bathroom belonging to Isabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan that Mike and Alex have for investigating at the house?
2. What did Isabella say that Alex now regrets not taking seriously?
3. What did Isabella intend to do on Martha's Vineyard?
4. What is the thin line that Alex talks about in relation to Isabella?
5. Describe Johnny.
6. How does Mike dissuade Alex from believing she is an intended murder victim?
7. What does Alex learn when she gets to the crime scene at the house?
8. Why is Alex's name in the paper?
9. Why is Alex agitated about Jed?
10. Describe Alex's residence on the island and how to get there.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellen and Isabella are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events upon which Ellen had a direct influence? What are some events upon which Isabella had a direct influence?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)