|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex watches the coverage of what on television?
2. Who is Alex's boyfriend?
3. Where do Alex and Mike travel that leads to Alex's home?
4. What of Isabella's possessions is missing?
5. Who does Alex think should be added to the list of potential suspects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard.
2. Describe Alex's residence on the island and how to get there.
3. What is the plan that Mike and Alex have for investigating at the house?
4. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
5. What is Alex's love story about the island?
6. Describe Anderson.
7. What is the importance of the game of Jeopardy?
8. Describe Isabella.
9. What do the police think of Isabella's murder initially?
10. Describe Mrs. Zalina.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ellen. What is her role in the story? What is the author trying to accomplish by creating Ellen's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the murder suspects. Which characters reveal the theme of 'appearances can be deceiving' most?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)