|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to be in court the following morning?
2. Isabella could have been recognized by what taken during the ferry ride?
3. Who is Alex's boss?
4. Alex works what type of case and interviews the latest victim?
5. Where does Alex work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alex's name in the paper?
2. What do the police think of Isabella's murder initially?
3. Describe Richard.
4. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
5. Describe Alex's residence on the island and how to get there.
6. Why is Alex agitated about Jed?
7. What did Isabella intend to do on Martha's Vineyard?
8. Why does Alex work as a prosecutor?
9. What does Alex learn when she gets to the crime scene at the house?
10. Why does Richard come to see Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is sexuality portrayed in Final Jeopardy? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Both Alex and Mike are important characters.
Part 1) Compare Alex to Mike. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Alex offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Alex offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)