|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Isabella wearing when she died?
2. Who is assigned to protective duty for Alex?
3. Alex tells Mike about the history of Martha's Vineyard as they prepare to travel to where?
4. Alex's house is located where?
5. What of Isabella's possessions is missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the game of Jeopardy?
2. Describe Alex.
3. Why does Alex work as a prosecutor?
4. What discovery do Alex and Mike make when they go to the island?
5. Describe Johnny.
6. What is the thin line that Alex talks about in relation to Isabella?
7. Why is Alex angry with Jed at the dinner?
8. How does Alex reveal her independence to police officers on the island?
9. What do the police think of Isabella's murder initially?
10. What did Isabella intend to do on Martha's Vineyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author titled the book Final Jeopardy? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel or more mysteries with Alex? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Final Jeopardy is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths of Alex, Mike, Paul, and David; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions are correct. Who actually solves the murders and how?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)