|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Isabella wanted to use what of Alex's?
2. Who is the officer that gives Alex an update based on the report he has?
3. Mike and Alex put out what asking for pictures to help identify Isabella's companion?
4. Alex says she has what event with Jed and will meet Mike after that?
5. Who does Mike accompany outside the house for more information?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex reveal her independence to police officers on the island?
2. What did Isabella intend to do on Martha's Vineyard?
3. Describe Mike.
4. Describe Mrs. Zalina.
5. What is the thin line that Alex talks about in relation to Isabella?
6. Describe Alex's first interview with Ellen.
7. What is Alex's love story about the island?
8. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
9. What do the police think of Isabella's murder initially?
10. Describe Richard.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author titled the book Final Jeopardy? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel or more mysteries with Alex? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)