|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Alex after Jed leaves?
2. Who is the Federal Bureau of Investigations Special Agent on the case?
3. Alex begins her interview by talking about what unit and her role in it?
4. Who do the officers want to go to the house and look for things out of place?
5. After the dinner ends Jed says that he's going where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alex's love story about the island?
2. Why does Richard come to see Alex?
3. Describe the questioning with the suspected rapist.
4. How does Alex confront Jed?
5. Why is Alex agitated about Jed?
6. What does David propose to do with Jed about which Alex is reluctant?
7. Paul feels that Alex is punishing herself for what?
8. What is Jed worried about with Alex?
9. What is Mike's approach to confronting Jed?
10. How does Alex realize that Ellen is the murderer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Alex's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the murderer?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author titled the book Final Jeopardy? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel or more mysteries with Alex? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in New York in the 1990s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms do they have that 21st century women do not have, if any?
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)