|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter mock Alex for doing with Jed?
(a) Getting in a car.
(b) Marrying him.
(c) Loving him.
(d) Forgiving him.
2. By what means of transportation does Alex hate to travel?
3. What does Alex deny could have happened despite seeing the clue?
(a) Jed having killed Isabella.
(b) Mike having killed Isabella.
(c) A stranger having killed Isabella.
(d) Ellen having killed Isabella.
4. What does Alex learn that the young attorney who had tried the case earlier in the day had won?
(a) Guilty verdict.
(b) Insanity verdict.
(c) Innocent verdict.
(d) No-go verdict.
5. Who posted bail, letting Harold out on the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex receives a call announcing that who has been arrested?
2. Who reveals a great deal about the crimes at the police station?
3. What weapons are used to threaten Alex?
4. Who is not happy at the idea of talking to Jed about Isabella?
5. Alex learns who was near Martha's Vineyard on the day of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alex concerned that Jed's involvement with the case will do?
2. What is Jed worried about with Alex?
3. What does David propose to do with Jed about which Alex is reluctant?
4. What does David reveal about Cordelia's knowledge of Isabella?
5. How does Alex reveal her character in court?
6. How does Alex confront Jed?
7. Why did Ellen commit the murder?
8. What is Mike's approach to confronting Jed?
9. Describe the letter Alex gets from Cordelia.
10. How does David prove that Cordelia is a fraud?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)