|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alex buy a place on Martha's Vineyard?
(a) In memory of her lover.
(b) To learn how to surf.
(c) To gain knowledge.
(d) To escape from New York.
2. Alex talks about the thin line that separates what and murder?
3. Which of Alex's friends is a New York City police ofﬁcer?
4. The investigators have dusted for what?
5. The report is based on mistaken identity and the dead woman has been staying in Alex's house. What is her name?
(a) Alexandra Cooper.
(b) Mike Chapman.
(c) Isabella Lascar.
(d) Paul Battagalia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is concerned how Alex maintains a normal life despite her job?
2. Alex's house is located where?
3. What the division where Alex live works?
4. Alex and Mike share a love of the game show called what?
5. What happens to Isabella when she is alone on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police think of Isabella's murder initially?
2. Describe Alex's residence on the island and how to get there.
3. Describe Alex.
4. Describe Ellen.
5. Why is Alex's name in the paper?
6. What discovery do Alex and Mike make when they go to the island?
7. Describe Jed.
8. What is the thin line that Alex talks about in relation to Isabella?
9. What is the plan that Mike and Alex have for investigating at the house?
10. Alex needs distraction from thinking about what?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)