|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 142 through 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strikes Jonathan about the first Hessian he sees when he is alone after the battle?
(a) He seems short and weak.
(b) He seems tall and powerful.
(c) He seems old and feeble.
(d) He seems young and inexperienced.
2. How does the boy respond the first time Jonathan asks about his parents?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He reveals their location.
(c) He says he doesn't know where they are.
(d) He cries.
3. How do the Hessians react to the discovery of the boy's dead parents?
(a) With sympathy and compassion.
(b) They try to pull the boy away from the scene.
(c) With annoyance and impatience.
(d) They look more closely.
4. What does the youngest Hessian look like?
(a) He is dark-skinned.
(b) He has bright, rosy cheeks.
(c) He is pale and sallow.
(d) He is tan.
5. Where did the Hessians previously kill many soldiers?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the soldiers trust the Corporal on the way to the battle?
2. What happens as the Americans and Hessians begin shooting at one another?
3. What does Jonathan feel upon returning home?
4. What does Jonathan wonder about as he and the Hessians rest?
5. What does the Corporal ask Jonathan immediately following the battle with the Hessians at the house?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)