|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 142 through 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Hessians send Jonathan out of the house?
(a) To hunt for food.
(b) To milk the cow.
(c) To search for firewood.
(d) To stand guard.
2. What happens to Jonathan immediately following the battle with the Hessians?
(a) He kills the remaining Hessians.
(b) He chases after the Hessians.
(c) The American soldiers come back for him.
(d) Three Hessians come after him.
3. How were the boy's parents buried?
(a) In a single grave, the man first.
(b) In a single grave, the woman first.
(c) In two graves some distance apart.
(d) In two adjacent graves.
4. What does Jonathan do before leaving the house while the Hessians are asleep?
(a) He takes their food.
(b) He takes the boy.
(c) He ties them up.
(d) He steals a gun.
5. What is the Hessians' reputation?
(a) They kill for land.
(b) They kill for sport.
(c) They take hostages.
(d) They kill for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Corporal when, after organizing the men to face the enemy, he first tries to get back on his horse?
2. What is the tavern made of?
3. Who falls to the ground as Jonathan finishes reloading his gun?
4. What does Jonathan wish about the fife and drum players he hears as the Hessians approach?
5. What does Jonathan do with the gun he retrieves from the house?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)