|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 142 through 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the small boy to his home?
(a) Jonathan's father's friend.
(c) The Corporal.
(d) The Frenchman.
2. What does Jonathan have trouble doing as the enemy approaches in Rocktown?
(a) Standing in place.
(b) Raising his gun.
(c) Loading his gun.
(d) Fighting the urge to flee.
3. Who holds Pennington and Trenton at the beginning of the story?
(a) The British and the Hessians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The French.
(d) The Tories.
4. What happens to Jonathan's hands after he puts his gun down when he is alone after the battle?
(a) His fingers remain in position as if he is holding the gun.
(b) His hands shake uncontrollably.
(c) His fingers become frostbitten.
(d) His fingers bleed from the blisters.
5. Why does the Corporal rule out an ambush from the trees?
(a) The enemy will anticipate that strategy.
(b) The trees aren't fit for climbing.
(c) The men would be too far away.
(d) The men all have rifles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tavern keeper encourage Jonathan to do?
2. What do the soldiers accuse the Corporal of after asking him about the men from Snydertown?
3. How many people does Jonathan see around the campfire?
4. Where is the Corporal's clothing torn when he awakens Jonathan?
5. What does the old Hessian do to Jonathan in response to Jonathan's advice about the soldiers outside?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)