|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 142 through 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds Alexandria, Fleming and Well's Ferry at the beginning of the story?
(a) The Hessians.
(b) The Tories.
(c) The British.
(d) The Americans.
2. What does Jonathan wonder when he and the Hessians pass the dark stain on the road?
(a) Whether it's the same blood as the blood on him.
(b) What happened to the dead bodies from the battle.
(c) Whether the blood was American or Hessian.
(d) Why he ever volunteered to take part in battle.
3. How does the Corporal suggest they approach the battle?
(a) Ambushing the enemy from the trees.
(b) Ambushing the enemy from a high cliff.
(c) Hiding out behind rocks and bushes.
(d) Waiting until dark to surprise the enemy.
4. Who is the first person to greet Jonathan at the campfire?
(a) His father's friend.
(b) A soldier he doesn't recognize.
(c) The Frenchman.
(d) The Corporal.
5. Where did the Hessians previously kill many soldiers?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the American soldiers do once Jonathan has shut himself inside the house?
2. What are the Corporal's orders to Jonathan as they approach the house?
3. What does Jonathan understand about the cow near the house he and the Hessians discover?
4. Where does Jonathan end up after the struggle with the Hessians on the porch?
5. What are the Hessians wearing as they approach the Americans?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)