|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 90 through 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strikes Jonathan about the second Hessian he sees when he is alone after the battle?
(a) He seems short and weak.
(b) He seems fierce with a long mustache.
(c) He seems old and feeble.
(d) He seems young and clean-shaven.
2. Who helps Jonathan bury the boy's parents?
(a) The old Hessian.
(b) The young Hessian.
(c) The tall Hessian.
(d) An American soldier.
3. Who holds Pennington and Trenton at the beginning of the story?
(a) The French.
(b) The Tories.
(c) The British and the Hessians.
(d) The Americans.
4. What does the old Hessian do to Jonathan in the house at night time?
(a) Ties Jonathan's ankle to a chair.
(b) Ties Jonathan's wrist to his own.
(c) Ties Jonathan's ankle to his own.
(d) Ties Jonathan's wrists.
5. How does the Corporal try to organize the men in Rocktown as the enemy approaches?
(a) Hiding behind rocks and bushes.
(b) In one line.
(c) In three lines.
(d) In two lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What road do the soldiers take toward the battle?
2. How were the boy's parents buried?
3. What does Jonathan wish about the fife and drum players he hears as the Hessians approach?
4. Who are the Tories in the story?
5. What facial feature does the youngest Hessian have?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)