|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 90 through 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jonathan fall behind the other soldiers on the way to the battle?
(a) He is scared.
(b) His legs are shorter.
(c) His gun is long and heavy.
(d) He is wounded.
2. What is Jonathan's notion about the inhabitants of the house he and the Hessians find?
(a) They quickly abandoned it.
(b) They could return at any moment.
(c) They were killed in it.
(d) They are hiding in it.
3. What does Jonathan think he saw for an instant through the fog as he walks on the road with the Hessians?
(a) The Corporal.
(b) A child.
(c) A wounded soldier.
(d) His father.
4. What does Jonathan wish about the fife and drum players he hears as the Hessians approach?
(a) That they are his age.
(b) That they are friendly.
(c) That they are much younger than he is.
(d) That they are easy targets.
5. Who falls to the ground as Jonathan finishes reloading his gun?
(a) Jonathan's father's friend.
(c) A young Hessian.
(d) The Corporal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan hear when the Hessians wake him up from his rest?
2. Who are the Hessians in the story?
3. What is the tavern made of?
4. What does Jonathan want to be at the beginning of the story?
5. How are the enemy soldiers arranged as they approach Rocktown?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)