|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 116 through 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan hear on the morning of April 3rd?
(a) A shout.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A bell.
(d) His father calling for him.
2. How many houses are there in Rocktown?
3. What helps Jonathan when he has trouble digging up the soil to bury the boy's parents?
(a) His determination to do the right thing.
(b) Thinking about the boy.
(c) Remembering his work on his father's fields.
(d) Wetting it down.
4. Who helps Jonathan bury the boy's parents?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) The young Hessian.
(c) The tall Hessian.
(d) The old Hessian.
5. What does Jonathan suspect about the death of the boy's parents?
(a) That the Hessians he's with killed them.
(b) That the Americans killed them.
(c) That the boy accidentally killed them.
(d) That they committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country is the foreign man who is among the soldiers with Jonathan?
2. Where did the Hessians previously kill many soldiers?
3. How does the Corporal suggest they approach the battle?
4. Who are the Tories in the story?
5. What is the Hessians' reputation?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)