|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 116 through 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facial feature does the youngest Hessian have?
(a) A thin, blond wisp of mustache.
(b) A scar.
(c) A bruise.
(d) A long, dark mustache.
2. What are Jonathan's thoughts about the battle as he and the Hessians rest?
(a) That his side fought well.
(b) That his side had won.
(c) That his side was outnumbered.
(d) That it seemed pointless and badly executed.
3. How does Jonathan feel when he is alone after the battle?
(a) He is happy to be alive.
(b) He is sad about his fallen comrades.
(c) He wishes he were dead and is scared of dying.
(d) He is proud of himself.
4. Why don't the soldiers trust the Corporal on the way to the battle?
(a) He keeps changing the number of men they'll be fighting.
(b) He keeps stopping to nap.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He's leading them in the wrong direction.
5. What does the old Hessian take out while they rest?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A flask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan wish about the fife and drum players he hears as the Hessians approach?
2. Who falls on top of Jonathan's gun in the midst of the battle?
3. How do the men react to the Corporal at the campfire?
4. What road do the soldiers take toward the battle?
5. What question asked by the woman in Rocktown surprises Jonathan?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)