|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 116 through 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the soldiers trust the Corporal on the way to the battle?
(a) He keeps changing the number of men they'll be fighting.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He's leading them in the wrong direction.
(d) He keeps stopping to nap.
2. Why does the Corporal get angry when a soldier in Rocktown fires a shot into the air?
(a) He's afraid they'll give away their location.
(b) The Corporal doesn't want to frighten the woman.
(c) The soldier is wasting ammunition.
(d) The soldier used the Corporal's gun.
3. What is the Hessians' initial response when Jonathan asks for help burying the boy's parents?
(a) They tie him up.
(b) They yell at him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They throw him out of the house.
4. At what point does the Corporal tell the men they should start shooting the Hessians?
(a) When they are fifty yards apart.
(b) As soon as they are in visual range.
(c) When they are ten yards apart.
(d) As soon as the Hessians start shooting them.
5. What does Jonathan decide to do with his own gun before leaving the house while the Hessians are asleep?
(a) Leave it behind.
(b) Take it with him.
(c) Use it to kill them.
(d) Hide it from the Hessians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old Hessian do to Jonathan in the house at night time?
2. What do the men at the campfire give Jonathan to eat?
3. Why does Jonathan jump up and yell "Don't shoot!" to the Hessians.
4. What does Jonathan wonder as he and the Hessians follow the sound they hear?
5. What does the Corporal tell the men to do if it rains as they prepare to fight?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)