|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 42 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonathan hoping as he heads toward the sound of the bell?
(a) That his parents will forgive him for fighting.
(b) That the battle will be small.
(c) That he will fight in a big battle.
(d) That he will not have to fight.
2. How does the Corporal try to organize the men in Rocktown as the enemy approaches?
(a) In one line.
(b) In three lines.
(c) In two lines.
(d) Hiding behind rocks and bushes.
3. How is Jonathan feeling just before the battle with the Hessians begins?
(a) Unworthy of being a soldier.
(b) Nervous and ill.
(c) Determined to prove himself.
(d) Brave and prepared.
4. Where is the battle to take place?
5. What does the tavern keeper encourage Jonathan to do?
(a) To get more training before fighting.
(b) To fight.
(c) To run away when the battle begins.
(d) Not to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does the Corporal give as the enemy approaches that Jonathan is afraid he won't be able to follow?
2. Why does the woman in Rocktown run away?
3. Why does Jonathan decide not to leave his gun on the ground in the battle in Rocktown?
4. What does Jonathan hear on the morning of April 3rd?
5. What question asked by the woman in Rocktown surprises Jonathan?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)