|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 42 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many houses are there in Rocktown?
2. Where does Jonathan go to find out information about the ringing of the bell?
(a) The town meeting hall.
(b) The church.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The school.
3. At what point does the Corporal tell the men they should start shooting the Hessians?
(a) As soon as they are in visual range.
(b) When they are ten yards apart.
(c) As soon as the Hessians start shooting them.
(d) When they are fifty yards apart.
4. How is Jonathan feeling when the group of soldiers reaches the crest south of Rocktown?
5. What does Jonathan wish about the fife and drum players he hears as the Hessians approach?
(a) That they are his age.
(b) That they are easy targets.
(c) That they are much younger than he is.
(d) That they are friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger tell Jonathan to do?
2. What is Jonathan hoping as he heads toward the sound of the bell?
3. What is the Hessians' reputation?
4. What does Jonathan think about the town being called Rocktown?
5. Why don't the soldiers trust the Corporal on the way to the battle?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)