|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 42 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the Americans and Hessians begin shooting at one another?
(a) The fighting continues in an orderly fashion.
(b) The thick smoke adds to the chaotic atmosphere.
(c) Jonathan quickly reloads and continues to shoot.
(d) Jonathan runs away.
2. How does Jonathan's father's friend respond to Jonathan's questions on the way to the battle?
(a) He asks Jonathan whether he has his father's permission to fight.
(b) He fills Jonathan in on the details of the battle.
(c) He refuses to speak to Jonathan.
(d) He tells Jonathan it's better if he doesn't know the details.
3. What happens when Jonathan starts to whistle on the way to the battle?
(a) The enemy hears him.
(b) A man gives him an angry look.
(c) The Corporal tells him to keep quiet.
(d) Other men join him.
4. How many houses are there in Rocktown?
5. What does Jonathan do about the person who falls to the ground during battle?
(a) He shakes him and tries to get him to speak.
(b) He kneels by his side.
(c) He drags him out of harm's way.
(d) He ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the enemy soldiers arranged as they approach Rocktown?
2. What type of gun does the tavern keeper give Jonathan?
3. What does the stranger tell Jonathan to do?
4. Why does Jonathan decide not to ask any more questions about the battle after talking to his father's friend?
5. What does Jonathan see the enemy officer on the horse carrying as he gets closer?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)