|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 42 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the British in the story?
(a) The Americans' captives.
(b) The Americans' allies.
(c) The Americans' enemies.
(d) The Americans' slaves.
2. Why don't the soldiers trust the Corporal on the way to the battle?
(a) He keeps changing the number of men they'll be fighting.
(b) He keeps stopping to nap.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He's leading them in the wrong direction.
3. What signals the soldier that the enemy is on their way?
(a) A battle call.
(b) A fife and drum.
(c) A bell tolling.
4. What does Jonathan see the enemy officer on the horse carrying as he gets closer?
(a) A sword.
(b) A musket.
(c) A bow.
(d) A rifle.
5. What does Jonathan have trouble doing as the enemy approaches in Rocktown?
(a) Raising his gun.
(b) Standing in place.
(c) Loading his gun.
(d) Fighting the urge to flee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Corporal suggest they approach the battle?
2. How does Jonathan's father's friend respond to Jonathan's questions on the way to the battle?
3. Why does Jonathan fall behind the other soldiers on the way to the battle?
4. Who are the Hessians in the story?
5. What happened to Jonathan's father in the war?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)