|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103 through 115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Corporal get angry when a soldier in Rocktown fires a shot into the air?
(a) The soldier used the Corporal's gun.
(b) The Corporal doesn't want to frighten the woman.
(c) He's afraid they'll give away their location.
(d) The soldier is wasting ammunition.
2. What idea of the Corporal's for facing the enemy is met with resistance?
(b) Hiding behind rocks and bushes.
(c) Lining up.
3. What does Jonathan wonder when he and the Hessians pass the dark stain on the road?
(a) Whether it's the same blood as the blood on him.
(b) What happened to the dead bodies from the battle.
(c) Whether the blood was American or Hessian.
(d) Why he ever volunteered to take part in battle.
4. What question asked by the woman in Rocktown surprises Jonathan?
(a) Where they're headed.
(b) Whether they're hungry.
(c) Where they came from.
(d) What side they're fighting on.
5. What does the man who greets Jonathan at the campfire want to know?
(a) Why Jonathan did not kill the Hessians.
(b) How Jonathan got away from the Hessians.
(c) Where the Hessians took Jonathan.
(d) Why Jonathan does not have his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men respond when the Corporal tries to organize them to face the enemy?
2. How are the enemy soldiers arranged as they approach Rocktown?
3. What does Jonathan think as he and the Hessians begin walking on the road?
4. What signals the soldier that the enemy is on their way?
5. What are Jonathan's thoughts about the battle as he and the Hessians rest?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)