|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103 through 115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question asked by the woman in Rocktown surprises Jonathan?
(a) What side they're fighting on.
(b) Where they're headed.
(c) Where they came from.
(d) Whether they're hungry.
2. How do the men respond when the Corporal tries to organize them to face the enemy?
(a) They argue with him.
(b) They run away.
(c) They immediately step into place.
(d) With chaotic pushing and shoving.
3. How does Jonathan feel toward the Hessians when he realizes he is all alone with them?
(a) He wants to be included and be taken care of.
(b) He wants to escape.
(c) He wants them to ignore him.
(d) He wants to try to communicate with them.
4. What does Jonathan think about the town being called Rocktown?
(a) He's surprised that he sees no rocks.
(b) He wonders if the rocks have been recently cleared away.
(c) It makes sense because of all the rocks he sees.
(d) He sees a quarry which would account for the name.
5. What does Jonathan hear when the Hessians wake him up from his rest?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A lark.
(c) A woodpecker.
(d) A warbler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many enemy soldiers does Jonathan see approaching Rocktown?
2. What do Jonathan and the Hessians hear from the road?
3. What does the old Hessian take out while they rest?
4. Why does the Corporal get angry when a soldier in Rocktown fires a shot into the air?
5. What does Jonathan wonder as he and the Hessians follow the sound they hear?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)