|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103 through 115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the campfire give Jonathan to eat?
2. What does Jonathan consider doing when all the Hessians are asleep in the house?
(b) Killing them.
(c) Helping the boy.
(d) Stealing from them.
3. What does Jonathan have trouble doing as the enemy approaches in Rocktown?
(a) Raising his gun.
(b) Loading his gun.
(c) Fighting the urge to flee.
(d) Standing in place.
4. How is Jonathan feeling when the group of soldiers reaches the crest south of Rocktown?
5. What stories has Jonathan heard about what Hessians do to prisoners?
(a) Death by firing squad.
(b) Torture and beheading.
(c) Hanging, jailing and enslavement.
(d) Death by starvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge does Jonathan face when he leaves the house at night?
2. What question asked by the woman in Rocktown surprises Jonathan?
3. Why does the Corporal rule out an ambush from the trees?
4. What happens as Jonathan and the Hessians begin to walk?
5. What happens to the Corporal when, after organizing the men to face the enemy, he first tries to get back on his horse?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)