Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about when he sees all the acts of vandalism in the news?
2. What is the objective of the different committees in Fight Club's project?
3. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
4. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
5. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
Essay Topic 1
Marla Singer is meant to represent everything that is wrong within society. She is Tyler's argument for why society must be defied and uprooted back to zero. Would you agree or disagree? Why? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In order to generate monetary funds for Project Mayhem, Tyler makes soap from liposuctioned fat and sells it to the local department store. What is the significance of the soap production's irony? How does the soap production mirror Tyler's acts of civil disobedience. What is he trying to do to society? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator's and Marla's infatuation with death began much earlier than Fight Club. At one point in the narrator's life he thought he had cancer. The same goes for Marla, except she actually does have cancer. How is death significant to both of these characters' lives, but in different ways? How do they view death? Are their views similar, or different? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)