Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about when he sees all the acts of vandalism in the news?
2. What is the objective of the different committees in Fight Club's project?
3. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
4. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
5. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
Essay Topic 1
Marla Singer is meant to represent everything that is wrong within society. She is Tyler's argument for why society must be defied and uprooted back to zero. Would you agree or disagree? Why? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
At the Paper Street house, the narrator finds magazine articles about human organs talking in the first person. What significance do these articles have to the narrator? Society? What is the meaning of Palahniuk's inclusion of these articles in Fight Club? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Narrator is assigned twelve human sacrifices and he starts with Raymond Hessel. What is the significance of the human sacrifices Project Mayhem assigns and how are they meant to function within Project Mayhem? Include your own opinion on whether or not you believe these sacrifices to be inherently good or bad (i.e., what does the narrator ultimately do for Raymond Hessel?). Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)