Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about when he sees all the acts of vandalism in the news?
2. What is the objective of the different committees in Fight Club's project?
3. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
4. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
5. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
Essay Topic 1
What was Palahniuk's intention in making the narrator a schizophrenic? What are the implications of the narrator having this disorder? What does the reader's eventual discovery of the narrator's condition do for the reader? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In the initial scene of Fight Club, the narrator mentions anarchy, a gun and an explosion as representative of the triangle that links himself, Tyler and Marla. Based on your knowledge and understanding of the book, explain this triangle and why the narrator likens it to anarchy, a gun and an explosion. Who is what? Are either of the three characters supposed to represent one of these things at all? Would the book have been the same without one of the three? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Marla Singer is meant to represent everything that is wrong within society. She is Tyler's argument for why society must be defied and uprooted back to zero. Would you agree or disagree? Why? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)