|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about when he sees all the acts of vandalism in the news?
2. What is the objective of the different committees in Fight Club's project?
3. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
4. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
5. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
Essay Topic 1
When the reader first meets the narrator, he is struggling with ongoing insomnia. Eventually, Tyler Durden emerges when the narrator is asleep and causes chaos within the narrator's life and society at large. Would this have happened had the narrator not been an insomniac? Did the narrator always have Tyler within him and, therefore, would he have come out at some point no matter what? Why, or why not? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Narrator likes Marla despite Tyler's denunciations of everything wrong that she represents. If Tyler and the narrator are the same person and Tyler wants to eradicate society, how can the narrator like Marla? Resolve this contradiction by using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Marla Singer is meant to represent everything that is wrong within society. She is Tyler's argument for why society must be defied and uprooted back to zero. Would you agree or disagree? Why? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)