|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to his question, what does Marla say the narrator did for her?
2. What does the narrator ask Marla to do so that Tyler cannot accomplish his goals?
3. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
4. What stops the narrator from jumping out of the window and killing himself?
5. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator go through Raymond Hessel's wallet during his homework assignment?
2. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
3. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
4. What is the point of the mechanic's homework assignment to take four human lives?
5. Why does the narrator tell Marla to keep him awake and, in the event that he does fall asleep, follow him and take note of everything he does?
6. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
7. How does the narrator know that the police will be looking for him following the death of his boss?
8. What does the narrator realize following Bob's death?
9. What does The Narrator do when he learns that he killed Patrick Madden?
10. What is the goal that Raymond Hessel has and how does the narrator ensure he will achieve that goal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marla Singer is meant to represent everything that is wrong within society. She is Tyler's argument for why society must be defied and uprooted back to zero. Would you agree or disagree? Why? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The narrator and/or Tyler are sexist: true, or false? Support your answer with a thesis that explains why you believe this, or why you don't. How do Tyler and the narrator view women in society? Why was Fight Club only for men? How was Marla treated by either of them? Support your thesis with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The society that the narrator lives in is extremely similar to, if not the same, as the society that we live in today. True or false? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)