|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things the mechanic tells the narrator to buy as part of his assignment?
2. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
3. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
4. What happens when the narrator walks into the bar in Seattle?
5. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
Essay Topic 1
Which character would prevail in our society: Tyler or the narrator? Why? Present your choice in a logical and clear thesis with supporting evidence from the text. Remember to use our society as the context and not the society in the book. Cite specific examples from the text. Bear in mind the character you do not choose and include a sound counter-argument to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The Narrator is assigned twelve human sacrifices and he starts with Raymond Hessel. What is the significance of the human sacrifices Project Mayhem assigns and how are they meant to function within Project Mayhem? Include your own opinion on whether or not you believe these sacrifices to be inherently good or bad (i.e., what does the narrator ultimately do for Raymond Hessel?). Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What was Palahniuk's intention in making the narrator a schizophrenic? What are the implications of the narrator having this disorder? What does the reader's eventual discovery of the narrator's condition do for the reader? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)