|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling for business, what does the narrator ask the men he sees with beat-up faces?
2. What does the narrator smell on his hands after Tyler calls him and says the guys are in the parking lot?
3. What does the narrator's boss at the hotel say to the narrator when he comes into his office?
4. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
5. While the narrator's boss is on vacation, what does he tell the narrator to do via email?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does The Narrator find out that he killed Patrick Madden?
2. Why do members of Project Mayhem understand it is better to be shot and killed, which is what happened to Bob, than to go to jail?
3. What is the narrator thinking about at the window of his exploded condominium and what stops him from stepping over the edge?
4. What is the goal that Raymond Hessel has and how does the narrator ensure he will achieve that goal?
5. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
6. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
7. What is the point of the mechanic's homework assignment to take four human lives?
8. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
9. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
10. What does the narrator find out is going on at home when he returns to the Paper Street house from the bar in Seattle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Fight Club created in the first place? What was the narrator's and Tyler's intention and meaning for Fight Club when it first started - in its purest form. What role was it meant to play within society? How did it morph into Project Mayhem, a complete eradication of society? Describe Fight Club's chronology within the book with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Marla Singer is meant to represent everything that is wrong within society. She is Tyler's argument for why society must be defied and uprooted back to zero. Would you agree or disagree? Why? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The society that the narrator lives in is extremely similar to, if not the same, as the society that we live in today. True or false? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)