|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second list the narrator's boss brings into his office after finding it in the copy machine?
2. Where did Tyler use the chill-and-drill technique before?
3. What does Marla say the Space Monkeys are doing at the Paper Street house?
4. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
5. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Tyler able to set up the different Fight Clubs, give other people chemical kisses and start Project Mayhem without the narrator knowing?
2. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
3. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
4. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
5. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
6. Why does the narrator tell Marla to keep him awake and, in the event that he does fall asleep, follow him and take note of everything he does?
7. What is the narrator thinking about at the window of his exploded condominium and what stops him from stepping over the edge?
8. How does The Narrator find out that he killed Patrick Madden?
9. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
10. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Narrator likes Marla despite Tyler's denunciations of everything wrong that she represents. If Tyler and the narrator are the same person and Tyler wants to eradicate society, how can the narrator like Marla? Resolve this contradiction by using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning to the end of the book, the narrator makes a full transition into Tyler Durden. True or false? Support your argument for this statement with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The society that the narrator lives in is extremely similar to, if not the same, as the society that we live in today. True or false? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)