|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bartender show the narrator to confirm his answers to the narrator's questions?
2. What does the narrator ask Marla about on the phone after talking to the bartender?
3. What is the mechanic holding while on the bus with the narrator?
4. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
5. Who is waiting for the narrator in the parking lot with a Cadillac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
2. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
3. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
4. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
5. What does The Narrator do when he learns that he killed Patrick Madden?
6. What does the narrator discover when he reaches his company's building following Bob's death and how does he know this?
7. Why does the narrator go through Raymond Hessel's wallet during his homework assignment?
8. What does the narrator find out is going on at home when he returns to the Paper Street house from the bar in Seattle?
9. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
10. What does the narrator realize following Bob's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the Paper Street house, the narrator finds magazine articles about human organs talking in the first person. What significance do these articles have to the narrator? Society? What is the meaning of Palahniuk's inclusion of these articles in Fight Club? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the character in the mental institution at the end of Fight Club? Tyler, or the narrator? Based on the struggle between the two characters for power, which character would make the most sense? Support your answer with specific examples from the text, presenting a clear and cohesive argument.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Fight Club created in the first place? What was the narrator's and Tyler's intention and meaning for Fight Club when it first started - in its purest form. What role was it meant to play within society? How did it morph into Project Mayhem, a complete eradication of society? Describe Fight Club's chronology within the book with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)