|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
2. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
3. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
4. What does the narrator realize about Fight Club over the next few weeks?
5. What is the first rule of Fight Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
2. What does the narrator notice on Marla's body besides the lump on her breast?
3. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
4. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
5. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
6. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
7. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
8. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
9. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
10. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The society that the narrator lives in is extremely similar to, if not the same, as the society that we live in today. True or false? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The Narrator likes Marla despite Tyler's denunciations of everything wrong that she represents. If Tyler and the narrator are the same person and Tyler wants to eradicate society, how can the narrator like Marla? Resolve this contradiction by using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Fight Club created in the first place? What was the narrator's and Tyler's intention and meaning for Fight Club when it first started - in its purest form. What role was it meant to play within society? How did it morph into Project Mayhem, a complete eradication of society? Describe Fight Club's chronology within the book with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)