|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
2. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
3. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
4. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
5. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
2. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
3. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
4. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
5. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
6. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
7. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
8. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
9. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
10. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The society that the narrator lives in is extremely similar to, if not the same, as the society that we live in today. True or false? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The Narrator is assigned twelve human sacrifices and he starts with Raymond Hessel. What is the significance of the human sacrifices Project Mayhem assigns and how are they meant to function within Project Mayhem? Include your own opinion on whether or not you believe these sacrifices to be inherently good or bad (i.e., what does the narrator ultimately do for Raymond Hessel?). Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator and/or Tyler are sexist: true, or false? Support your answer with a thesis that explains why you believe this, or why you don't. How do Tyler and the narrator view women in society? Why was Fight Club only for men? How was Marla treated by either of them? Support your thesis with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)