|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's job title?
2. Which member of the brain parasites support group does the narrator learn has died?
3. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
4. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
5. What does Marla ask the narrator to do for her at the Regent Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
2. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
3. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
4. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
5. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
6. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
7. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
8. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
9. How does the narrator realize that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
10. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Narrator likes Marla despite Tyler's denunciations of everything wrong that she represents. If Tyler and the narrator are the same person and Tyler wants to eradicate society, how can the narrator like Marla? Resolve this contradiction by using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the narrator talks about death and wanting to die. At the end of the book, he pulls the trigger but does not actually die and lives on in a mental institution. What is the significance of death to the narrator and the book? Does death take on a different meaning at the book's end? Does it not? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
From the beginning to the end of the book, the narrator makes a full transition into Tyler Durden. True or false? Support your argument for this statement with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)