|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Nothing. He is not important.
(b) Chant his name.
(c) Recite a eulogy.
(d) Tell stories about him.
2. What does the narrator ask Marla to do so that Tyler cannot accomplish his goals?
(a) Make sure he does not fall asleep.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Keep him locked in a room.
(d) Turn him in to the police.
3. What is the mechanic supposed to do the evening he was in the Cadillac with the narrator and the three Space Monkeys?
(a) Pick up some fat and pick a fight.
(b) Make four human sacrifices and pick a fight.
(c) Pick a fight and tell the truth.
(d) Make four human sacrifices and pick up some fat.
4. How does the narrator answer the mechanic's question about what he wished he had done before he died?
(a) The Narrator wishes he had told Marla he loved her.
(b) The Narrator wishes he had quit his job.
(c) The Narrator wishes he had never fought.
(d) The Narrator wishes he had never met Tyler.
5. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
(a) Using fire extinguishers on people while robbing a bank.
(b) Being calm while questioning someone.
(c) Freezing a lock and shattering it.
(d) Using anesthesia on someone and then putting a drill to their head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the young man stand on the Paper Street house porch until Tyler lets him in?
2. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
3. What is the name of the mayor's envoy that The Narrator shot and killed?
4. What stops the narrator from jumping out of the window and killing himself?
5. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
2. How does The Narrator find out that he killed Patrick Madden?
3. What does the narrator find out is going on at home when he returns to the Paper Street house from the bar in Seattle?
4. Why does the narrator tell Marla to keep him awake and, in the event that he does fall asleep, follow him and take note of everything he does?
5. Why do members of Project Mayhem understand it is better to be shot and killed, which is what happened to Bob, than to go to jail?
6. What does the narrator realize following Bob's death?
7. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
8. Why does the narrator go through Raymond Hessel's wallet during his homework assignment?
9. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
10. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)