|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the security guards see when they enter the hotel manager's office?
(a) The Narrator lying on the floor alone.
(b) The hotel manager with his hands on the narrator.
(c) Only the hotel manager, because the narrator fled the scene.
(d) No one is there.
2. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
(a) Go to a bar.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Go bowling.
3. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
(a) Using anesthesia on someone and then putting a drill to their head.
(b) Freezing a lock and shattering it.
(c) Using fire extinguishers on people while robbing a bank.
(d) Being calm while questioning someone.
4. What does the bartender tell the narrator he was asking about the previous week?
(a) If the bar basement could be used for Fight Club.
(b) How Project Mayhem was going in Seattle.
(c) If the Seattle police were shutting down Fight Club.
(d) If the bartender knew any other people who would want to join.
5. How does the narrator know the members of Project Mayhem are keeping track of him?
(a) Marla calls him "sir."
(b) The taxi driver calls him "sir."
(c) The Regent Hotel desk clerk calls him "sir."
(d) He sees a group of men following him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
2. What does the bartender show the narrator to confirm his answers to the narrator's questions?
3. What does the narrator tell Marla that Tyler is trying to do to him?
4. What is one of the things the mechanic tells the narrator to buy as part of his assignment?
5. What does the narrator ask Marla to do so that Tyler cannot accomplish his goals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Tyler able to set up the different Fight Clubs, give other people chemical kisses and start Project Mayhem without the narrator knowing?
2. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
3. Why does the narrator tell Marla to keep him awake and, in the event that he does fall asleep, follow him and take note of everything he does?
4. How does Tyler say he settled the problem with the Seattle police and their cracking down on Fight Club?
5. Why do members of Project Mayhem understand it is better to be shot and killed, which is what happened to Bob, than to go to jail?
6. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
7. How does The Narrator find out that he killed Patrick Madden?
8. What is the narrator thinking about at the window of his exploded condominium and what stops him from stepping over the edge?
9. What is the goal that Raymond Hessel has and how does the narrator ensure he will achieve that goal?
10. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)