|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
(a) Metal rods.
(c) Sticks of dynamite.
(d) Ether-soaked rags.
2. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
(a) See a movie.
(b) Go to a bar.
(c) Go to a concert.
(d) Go bowling.
3. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
(a) His watch.
(b) His car keys.
(c) Cash from the register.
(d) His wallet.
4. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
(a) The mayor's envoy on vandalism.
(b) The mayor's envoy on criminal activity.
(c) The mayor's envoy on recycling.
(d) The mayor's envoy on homicide.
5. Where does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
(a) The Regent Hotel.
(b) The Paper Street house.
(c) His exploded condominium.
(d) The Pressman Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
2. What is one of the things the mechanic tells the narrator to buy as part of his assignment?
3. What does the narrator ask Marla to do so that Tyler cannot accomplish his goals?
4. How does the narrator know his boss is dead?
5. What is the objective of the different committees in Fight Club's project?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tyler say he settled the problem with the Seattle police and their cracking down on Fight Club?
2. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
3. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
4. Why does the narrator tell Marla to keep him awake and, in the event that he does fall asleep, follow him and take note of everything he does?
5. What is the goal that Raymond Hessel has and how does the narrator ensure he will achieve that goal?
6. What is the narrator thinking about at the window of his exploded condominium and what stops him from stepping over the edge?
7. What does the narrator find out is going on at home when he returns to the Paper Street house from the bar in Seattle?
8. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
9. How does The Narrator find out that he killed Patrick Madden?
10. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)