|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator wake up on after passing out on the bus full of Space Monkeys?
(a) The Paper Street house basement.
(b) His exploded condominium.
(c) His office building.
(d) The Regent Hotel.
2. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
(a) Police barricades surrounding the building.
(b) Members of Project Mayhem are waiting for him in the parking lot.
(c) The building has been blown up.
(d) His boss has fired him.
3. Who calls Tyler into his office to fire him from his job?
(a) The president of the film projectionists union.
(b) The head chef.
(c) The catering manager.
(d) The hotel manager.
4. Who does Marla only recognize the narrator as?
(b) A schizophrenic.
(c) A murderer.
(d) The narrator.
5. How does the narrator know his boss is dead?
(a) Because Tyler knows.
(b) Because his body is being lifted into an ambulance.
(c) Because his coworkers tell him.
(d) Because his wife is there, crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
2. What is the name of the mayor's envoy that The Narrator shot and killed?
3. What does the narrator ask that the bartender thinks is a test?
4. Where does Marla meet the narrator after the attempted castration, which is also where the two first met?
5. What is the second list the narrator's boss brings into his office after finding it in the copy machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tyler say he settled the problem with the Seattle police and their cracking down on Fight Club?
2. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
3. What does The Narrator do when he learns that he killed Patrick Madden?
4. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
5. What is the point of the mechanic's homework assignment to take four human lives?
6. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
7. Who does the narrator call following his discovery about himself and Tyler being the same person, receiving more confirmation that it is true?
8. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
9. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
10. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)