|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mechanic holding while on the bus with the narrator?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(d) A bomb.
2. What does the narrator ask Raymond Hessel when he finds his student I.D.?
(a) Why he is not in school any longer.
(b) Why he is bothering with school.
(c) Why he is working at the convenience store.
(d) Where he goes to school.
3. What is the mechanic supposed to do the evening he was in the Cadillac with the narrator and the three Space Monkeys?
(a) Make four human sacrifices and pick up some fat.
(b) Pick a fight and tell the truth.
(c) Pick up some fat and pick a fight.
(d) Make four human sacrifices and pick a fight.
4. What does the narrator do while looking out the window of the building he woke up in after the bus full of Space Monkeys tried to castrate him?
(a) Tells Tyler to show himself.
(b) Watches a building explode in the distance.
(c) Assesses his life.
(d) Watches the Space Monkeys below.
5. What is the name of the mayor's envoy that The Narrator shot and killed?
(a) Patrick McCarthy.
(b) Patrick Matthews.
(c) Patrick Madden.
(d) Patrick McCormick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the young man stand on the Paper Street house porch until Tyler lets him in?
2. When his boss fires him, what does the narrator do?
3. What stops the narrator from jumping out of the window and killing himself?
4. In response to his question, what does Marla say the narrator did for her?
5. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
2. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
3. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
4. What does the narrator find out is going on at home when he returns to the Paper Street house from the bar in Seattle?
5. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
6. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
7. What is the point of Tyler's initiation process into Project Mayhem?
8. Why does the narrator go through Raymond Hessel's wallet during his homework assignment?
9. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
10. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)