|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
(a) If you are arrested, you are unable to get promoted in Project Mayhem.
(b) If you are arrested, you will disappoint Tyler.
(c) If you are arrested, you are thrown out of Project Mayhem.
(d) If you are arrested, you are likely to be tortured.
2. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
(a) Go bowling.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Go to a concert.
(d) Go to a bar.
3. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
(a) His watch.
(b) His car keys.
(c) His wallet.
(d) Cash from the register.
4. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Recite a eulogy.
(b) Chant his name.
(c) Tell stories about him.
(d) Nothing. He is not important.
5. How does the narrator make sure Raymond Hessel will do as he says?
(a) He tells him he will go after his family.
(b) He tells him Space Monkeys will be watching him.
(c) He keeps his license and address.
(d) He takes his credit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
2. What does the narrator tell Raymond Hessel to do, or else he will kill him?
3. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
4. What stops the narrator from jumping out of the window and killing himself?
5. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator go through Raymond Hessel's wallet during his homework assignment?
2. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
3. What is the point of Tyler's initiation process into Project Mayhem?
4. How does the narrator know that the police will be looking for him following the death of his boss?
5. What does the narrator find out is going on at home when he returns to the Paper Street house from the bar in Seattle?
6. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
7. How was Tyler able to set up the different Fight Clubs, give other people chemical kisses and start Project Mayhem without the narrator knowing?
8. What does the narrator realize following Bob's death?
9. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
10. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)