|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Referring to the magazine articles about human organs, what of "Joe's" does the narrator claim to be after seeing his boss's email?
(a) Joe's abundant boredom.
(b) Joe's sarcastic wit.
(c) Joe's complete lack of surprise.
(d) Joe's never ending disgust.
2. What does the narrator ask that the bartender thinks is a test?
(a) The narrator asks who the bartender is.
(b) The narrator asks if he knows Tyler Durden.
(c) The narrator asks about Project Mayhem.
(d) The narrator asks if he is a member of Fight Club.
3. What does Marla say the Space Monkeys are doing at the Paper Street house?
(a) Working in the basement.
(b) Waiting for him to come home.
(c) Shaving their heads.
(d) Committing acts of vandalism.
4. What does the bartender tell the narrator he was asking about the previous week?
(a) If the bar basement could be used for Fight Club.
(b) If the Seattle police were shutting down Fight Club.
(c) If the bartender knew any other people who would want to join.
(d) How Project Mayhem was going in Seattle.
5. In response to his question, what does Marla say the narrator did for her?
(a) He ruined her life.
(b) He made her optimistic about living.
(c) He saved her life.
(d) He gave her a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the narrator from jumping out of the window and killing himself?
2. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
3. What does the narrator wonder about when he sees all the acts of vandalism in the news?
4. Where do the narrator and Marla hide out so that the narrator cannot fall asleep?
5. Where does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does The Narrator find out that he killed Patrick Madden?
2. What is the point of Tyler's initiation process into Project Mayhem?
3. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
4. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
5. Why does the narrator go through Raymond Hessel's wallet during his homework assignment?
6. How does Tyler say he settled the problem with the Seattle police and their cracking down on Fight Club?
7. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
8. What does the narrator discover when he reaches his company's building following Bob's death and how does he know this?
9. Why do members of Project Mayhem understand it is better to be shot and killed, which is what happened to Bob, than to go to jail?
10. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)