|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
(a) During a raid of the hotel.
(b) When the lights went down during a film.
(c) When she followed him to the bathroom.
(d) During the murder scene at a murder mystery party.
2. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Recite a eulogy.
(b) Nothing. He is not important.
(c) Chant his name.
(d) Tell stories about him.
3. What is Bob's real name?
(a) Robert Anderson.
(b) Robert Carlson.
(c) Robert Paulson.
(d) Robert Smith.
4. What is the second list the narrator's boss brings into his office after finding it in the copy machine?
(a) List of current members of Fight Club.
(b) List of targeted buildings for vandalism.
(c) List of people who will be killed.
(d) List of what to bring to the Paper Street house.
5. What does the narrator tell Raymond Hessel to do, or else he will kill him?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Empty the register.
(c) Join Project Mayhem.
(d) Make a human sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator threaten the hotel manager with?
2. What happens when the narrator walks into the bar in Seattle?
3. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
4. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
5. While traveling for business, what does the narrator ask the men he sees with beat-up faces?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
2. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
3. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
4. What is the point of the mechanic's homework assignment to take four human lives?
5. What is the goal that Raymond Hessel has and how does the narrator ensure he will achieve that goal?
6. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
7. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
8. What does The Narrator do when he learns that he killed Patrick Madden?
9. Who does the narrator call following his discovery about himself and Tyler being the same person, receiving more confirmation that it is true?
10. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)