|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator go to a Fight Club meeting and register to fight a total of fifty men?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He wants Marla to save him.
(c) He wants to prove fighting is not the answer.
(d) He wants to retaliate.
2. Why did the narrator give permission to Tyler to go ahead and kill his boss?
(a) Because he told the mechanic he wished he had quit his job.
(b) Because he told Tyler his boss was going to fire him.
(c) Because Tyler is going on a killing rampage.
(d) Because he told Tyler he had always wanted to kill his boss.
3. Where does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
(a) The Pressman Hotel.
(b) His exploded condominium.
(c) The Paper Street house.
(d) The Regent Hotel.
4. In response to his question, what does Marla say the narrator did for her?
(a) He gave her a disease.
(b) He ruined her life.
(c) He made her optimistic about living.
(d) He saved her life.
5. What is the second list the narrator's boss brings into his office after finding it in the copy machine?
(a) List of people who will be killed.
(b) List of targeted buildings for vandalism.
(c) List of current members of Fight Club.
(d) List of what to bring to the Paper Street house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
2. Where do the narrator and Marla hide out so that the narrator cannot fall asleep?
3. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
4. Who is waiting for the narrator in the parking lot with a Cadillac?
5. What does the narrator tell Marla that Tyler is trying to do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
2. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
3. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
4. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
5. What does the narrator discover when he reaches his company's building following Bob's death and how does he know this?
6. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
7. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
8. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
9. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
10. How was Tyler able to set up the different Fight Clubs, give other people chemical kisses and start Project Mayhem without the narrator knowing?
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)