|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator threaten the hotel manager with?
(a) His life.
(b) Going to the newspapers with a heart-felt confession.
(c) Exposing the hotel's corrupt practices.
(d) His cohorts from Fight Club.
2. How does the narrator answer the mechanic's question about what he wished he had done before he died?
(a) The Narrator wishes he had never fought.
(b) The Narrator wishes he had never met Tyler.
(c) The Narrator wishes he had quit his job.
(d) The Narrator wishes he had told Marla he loved her.
3. What is the last rule of Project Mayhem that the three Space Monkeys in the Cadillac recite?
(a) You don't give up.
(b) You always do as Tyler says.
(c) You don't ask questions.
(d) You always fight for what you want.
4. What does the narrator smell on his hands after Tyler calls him and says the guys are in the parking lot?
5. Why did the narrator give permission to Tyler to go ahead and kill his boss?
(a) Because he told the mechanic he wished he had quit his job.
(b) Because he told Tyler his boss was going to fire him.
(c) Because Tyler is going on a killing rampage.
(d) Because he told Tyler he had always wanted to kill his boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
2. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
3. What is the name that is given to Fight Club's side project?
4. What is the mechanic supposed to do the evening he was in the Cadillac with the narrator and the three Space Monkeys?
5. Where do the narrator and Marla hide out so that the narrator cannot fall asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
2. What does the narrator discover when he reaches his company's building following Bob's death and how does he know this?
3. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
4. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
5. How does Tyler say he settled the problem with the Seattle police and their cracking down on Fight Club?
6. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
7. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
8. Who does the narrator call following his discovery about himself and Tyler being the same person, receiving more confirmation that it is true?
9. How does the narrator know that the police will be looking for him following the death of his boss?
10. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)