|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the narrator's boss is on vacation, what does he tell the narrator to do via email?
(a) Pack up his things and leave.
(b) Prepare for his big presentation.
(c) Prepare for his formal review.
(d) Move into a different office.
2. Why did the narrator give permission to Tyler to go ahead and kill his boss?
(a) Because he told the mechanic he wished he had quit his job.
(b) Because he told Tyler his boss was going to fire him.
(c) Because he told Tyler he had always wanted to kill his boss.
(d) Because Tyler is going on a killing rampage.
3. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
(a) Freezing a lock and shattering it.
(b) Using fire extinguishers on people while robbing a bank.
(c) Using anesthesia on someone and then putting a drill to their head.
(d) Being calm while questioning someone.
4. What was Patrick doing for the mayor that caused him to be killed?
(a) Compiling a list of Fight Club locations.
(b) Compiling a list of places Tyler has been.
(c) Compiling a list of Fight Club members.
(d) Compiling a list of Space Monkeys.
5. What is Bob's real name?
(a) Robert Smith.
(b) Robert Paulson.
(c) Robert Anderson.
(d) Robert Carlson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marla meet the narrator after the attempted castration, which is also where the two first met?
2. Referring to the magazine articles about human organs, what of "Joe's" does the narrator claim to be after seeing his boss's email?
3. What does Tyler want to do to the basement in the Paper Street house?
4. How do the men with beat-up faces respond to the narrator's questions?
5. What does the narrator's boss at the hotel say to the narrator when he comes into his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
2. Why does the narrator tell Marla to keep him awake and, in the event that he does fall asleep, follow him and take note of everything he does?
3. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
4. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
5. How does Tyler say he settled the problem with the Seattle police and their cracking down on Fight Club?
6. Why do members of Project Mayhem understand it is better to be shot and killed, which is what happened to Bob, than to go to jail?
7. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
8. What does The Narrator do when he learns that he killed Patrick Madden?
9. How was Tyler able to set up the different Fight Clubs, give other people chemical kisses and start Project Mayhem without the narrator knowing?
10. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)