|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marla say the Space Monkeys are doing at the Paper Street house?
(a) Working in the basement.
(b) Shaving their heads.
(c) Waiting for him to come home.
(d) Committing acts of vandalism.
2. How does the narrator know the members of Project Mayhem are keeping track of him?
(a) The Regent Hotel desk clerk calls him "sir."
(b) He sees a group of men following him.
(c) Marla calls him "sir."
(d) The taxi driver calls him "sir."
3. While traveling for business, what does the narrator ask the men he sees with beat-up faces?
(a) If they have seen Tyler.
(b) Which Fight Club chapter they are in.
(c) Who they last fought.
(d) Why they joined Fight Club.
4. What do the security guards see when they enter the hotel manager's office?
(a) No one is there.
(b) Only the hotel manager, because the narrator fled the scene.
(c) The hotel manager with his hands on the narrator.
(d) The Narrator lying on the floor alone.
5. What does the narrator do to distract himself while attempting to climb out one of the bus windows?
(a) Thinks of his condominium.
(b) Says a prayer.
(c) Thinks of Marla.
(d) Guided meditation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the police shoot and kill Bob while he was on his chill-and-drill assignment?
2. What do the Space Monkeys on the bus try to do to the narrator?
3. Who does Marla only recognize the narrator as?
4. What is the name that is given to Fight Club's side project?
5. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
2. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
3. How does the narrator know that the police will be looking for him following the death of his boss?
4. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
5. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
6. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
7. How was Tyler able to set up the different Fight Clubs, give other people chemical kisses and start Project Mayhem without the narrator knowing?
8. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
9. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
10. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)