|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
(b) Ether-soaked rags.
(c) Sticks of dynamite.
(d) Metal rods.
2. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
(a) His car keys.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His watch.
(d) Cash from the register.
3. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
(a) A veternarian.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A writer.
4. What does the narrator do to distract himself while attempting to climb out one of the bus windows?
(a) Guided meditation.
(b) Says a prayer.
(c) Thinks of his condominium.
(d) Thinks of Marla.
5. Where do the narrator and Marla hide out so that the narrator cannot fall asleep?
(a) His room in the Paper Street house.
(b) The basement in the Paper Street house.
(c) His work office.
(d) The Regent Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Raymond Hessel when he finds his student I.D.?
2. For what reason does The Narrator tell Marla her life is in danger?
3. What does the narrator's boss at the hotel say to the narrator when he comes into his office?
4. What is the second list the narrator's boss brings into his office after finding it in the copy machine?
5. Who calls Tyler into his office to fire him from his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would the narrator rather see Raymond Hessel shot and dead than working in the convenience store?
2. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
3. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
4. What does the narrator discover when he reaches his company's building following Bob's death and how does he know this?
5. What is the point of Tyler's initiation process into Project Mayhem?
6. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
7. What does the narrator find out is going on at home when he returns to the Paper Street house from the bar in Seattle?
8. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
9. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
10. What is the point of the mechanic's homework assignment to take four human lives?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)