|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the intended purpose of using liposuctioned fat found in medical waste dumps for soap production?
(a) To show society that soap can be made from their own fat.
(b) To ruin the skin of people who received liposuction.
(c) To make enough money to keep Project Mayhem afloat.
(d) To sell the soap back to people who paid money to get the fat taken out.
2. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
(a) If she loves Tyler more than him.
(b) How long they have been together.
(c) If they have slept together.
(d) Why she likes him at all.
3. What do the Space Monkeys on the bus try to do to the narrator?
(a) Throw him off the bus.
(b) Castrate him.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Kill him.
4. What does the narrator ask the mechanic about him crashing the car?
(a) If he was going to turn himself in for attempted murder.
(b) If he wanted to die.
(c) If the Space Monkeys knew he would do that.
(d) If it was part of his homework assignment.
5. Where did Tyler use the chill-and-drill technique before?
(a) A catering event.
(b) The narrator's condominium.
(c) The police commissioner's home.
(d) The Paper Street house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the mechanic while he is driving the Cadillac?
2. When his boss fires him, what does the narrator do?
3. What is the objective of the different committees in Fight Club's project?
4. Where does Marla meet the narrator after the attempted castration, which is also where the two first met?
5. What was Patrick doing for the mayor that caused him to be killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
2. How does The Narrator find out that he killed Patrick Madden?
3. Why do members of Project Mayhem understand it is better to be shot and killed, which is what happened to Bob, than to go to jail?
4. How did Tyler anticipate the narrator's meddling with Project Mayhem and what did he do to take care of it?
5. What is the narrator thinking about at the window of his exploded condominium and what stops him from stepping over the edge?
6. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
7. Who does the narrator call following his discovery about himself and Tyler being the same person, receiving more confirmation that it is true?
8. Why does the narrator go through Raymond Hessel's wallet during his homework assignment?
9. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
10. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)