|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the narrator's mouth when the book opens?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) A gun.
2. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
(a) Crate & Barrel.
(b) Bed, Bath & Beyond.
(d) Thrift store.
3. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
(a) Drew her a picture.
(b) Left her clues.
(c) Showed her pictures of the act.
(d) Wrote her an anonymous note.
4. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
(b) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
(c) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
(d) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
5. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(a) Brain parasites.
(b) Breast cancer.
(d) Lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does the person who calls the Paper Street house and questions the narrator tell him?
3. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
4. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
5. What is the first rule of Fight Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
2. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
3. What did Tyler do to Marla's mother that the narrator was so upset about?
4. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
5. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
6. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
7. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
8. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
9. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
10. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)