|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people on the floors below Tyler and the narrator doing?
(a) Cleaning the offices.
(b) Stealing office furniture.
(c) Checking the floors.
(d) Throwing office furniture out of the window.
2. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
(a) Men United.
(b) Remaining Men Together.
(c) Men Alone Are Men Divided.
(d) Always Together, Always men.
3. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Saw her family's practitioner.
(b) Went to the public clinic.
(c) Wrote out her will.
(d) Called her mother.
4. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Complained to the caterer.
(b) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(c) Got Tyler fired.
(d) Cried in the bathroom.
5. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(a) Breast cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Brain parasites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
2. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
3. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
4. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
5. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
2. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
3. What does the narrator notice on Marla's body besides the lump on her breast?
4. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
5. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
6. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
7. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
8. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
9. Why does Tyler tell the narrator not to talk about him to Marla?
10. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)