|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the narrator's mouth when the book opens?
(b) Chewing gum.
(c) A gun.
2. When the narrator arrives at the meeting, Bob is there. What does Bob tell him?
(a) The group moved to a different location.
(b) The group was disbanded.
(c) They are in the wrong room.
(d) Everyone died.
3. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Cuts it with a knife.
(c) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
(d) Shakes it.
4. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) Rock bottom.
(b) The end of life.
(c) A new beginning.
5. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) He seems really sick too.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) He is too skinny.
(d) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
2. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
3. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
4. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
5. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
2. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
3. When Tyler and the narrator first meet, how do their lives and personalities differ?
4. What did Tyler do to Marla's mother that the narrator was so upset about?
5. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
6. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
7. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
8. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
9. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
10. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)