|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the brain parasites support group does the narrator learn has died?
(a) No one.
2. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Tasker-Morris Building.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) City Hall.
(d) The Parker-Morris Building.
3. Following Tyler's and the narrator's first fight, what is the narrator preparing to do at work?
(a) Give a presentation.
(b) Tell off his boss.
(c) Go home sick.
(d) Quit his job.
4. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Gathering seashells.
(b) Sun tanning.
(d) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
5. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
(a) She was at the banquet he had just served.
(b) She was walking down Paper Street.
(c) She called the house and he picked up.
(d) He bumped into her at a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
2. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
3. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
4. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
5. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
2. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
3. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
4. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
5. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
6. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
7. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
8. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
9. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
10. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)