|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
(a) The paramedics.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The supervisor.
(d) The police.
2. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
(b) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
(c) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
(d) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
3. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
(a) Tyler Durden.
(b) Fight Club.
(c) The condominium explosion.
(d) The Paper Street house.
4. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
(a) Thinks of calming scenery.
(b) Recalls a fond memory.
(c) Practices guided meditation.
(d) Thinks about dying.
5. What does the narrator dream about after calling Marla to ask if she was going to the support group meeting?
(a) Having sex with Marla.
(b) Killing Marla.
(c) Going to Fight Club.
(d) Moving out of the Paper Street house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
2. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
3. After the narrator calls Tyler for the first time, what do the two of them decide to do?
4. What is the narrator suffering from at the time he goes to this support group?
5. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
2. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
3. How does the narrator realize that he is Tyler Durden?
4. What does the narrator do when the building does not blow up and why?
5. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
6. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
7. What does one of the Space Monkeys do while the rest are trying to hold the narrator down for castration?
8. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
9. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
10. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)