|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's job title?
(a) Recall Campaign Coordinator.
(b) Administrative Campaign Coordinator.
(c) Chief Executive Officer.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
2. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Complained to the caterer.
(b) Cried in the bathroom.
(c) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(d) Got Tyler fired.
3. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
(a) Calls her family.
(b) Tells her funny stories.
(c) Gives her money to get treatment.
(d) Takes her to the hospital.
4. What does the narrator dream about after calling Marla to ask if she was going to the support group meeting?
(a) Having sex with Marla.
(b) Moving out of the Paper Street house.
(c) Going to Fight Club.
(d) Killing Marla.
5. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
2. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
3. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
4. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
5. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
2. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
3. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
4. When Tyler and the narrator first meet, how do their lives and personalities differ?
5. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
6. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
7. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
8. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
9. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
10. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)