|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
(a) Because he will press charges.
(b) Because he will not be able to join Fight Club then.
(c) Because it is not his property.
(d) Because there is a psycho in the office.
2. What support group does the narrator attend several months prior to the opening scene?
(a) Testicular cancer.
(c) Brain parasites.
(d) Brain cancer.
3. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
(a) Someday the narrator will die.
(b) No one cares about the narrator.
(c) The narrator can transcend death if he wants to.
(d) No one can help the narrator but himself.
4. How does the narrator finally meet Marla Singer?
(a) In a group poetry session.
(b) In a therapeutic physical contact session.
(c) In a group prayer.
(d) After the meeting.
5. What did Tyler do to the hostess the first time he sabotaged a dinner party?
(a) Spat in her food.
(b) Exposed himself.
(c) Burned the food.
(d) Peed into a bottle of her perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
2. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
3. Who are Tyler and the narrator serving at the banquet?
4. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
5. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
2. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
3. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
4. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
5. What did Tyler do to Marla's mother that the narrator was so upset about?
6. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
7. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
8. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
9. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
10. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)