|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Shakes it.
(c) Cuts it with a knife.
(d) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
2. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
(a) How Fight Club was all his idea.
(b) How they will be historically famous.
(c) His life story.
(d) His desire to return to the way things were.
3. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
(a) Wrote her an anonymous note.
(b) Showed her pictures of the act.
(c) Left her clues.
(d) Drew her a picture.
4. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The pain.
(b) The fear.
(c) The hopelessness.
(d) The insanity.
5. What support group does the narrator attend several months prior to the opening scene?
(a) Brain parasites.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Testicular cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
2. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
3. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
4. What does Tyler urinate into in the stopped elevator?
5. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
2. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
3. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
4. What is the purpose of the different committees within Project Mayhem?
5. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
6. What does the narrator do when his boss at the hotel attempts to fire him and why?
7. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
8. Why are the members of Project Mayhem called Space Monkeys?
9. Why do members of Project Mayhem understand it is better to be shot and killed, which is what happened to Bob, than to go to jail?
10. How does the narrator know that Fight Club is living on outside of the mental institution?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)