|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) The end of life.
(b) A new beginning.
(d) Rock bottom.
2. What does Tyler sell that he makes using homemade ingredients?
3. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler must be sick.
(b) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(c) Tyler and Marla have met.
(d) Tyler is out of his mind.
4. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(a) No one.
5. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
(c) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(d) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler ask the narrator never to do concerning Marla?
2. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
3. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
4. Following Tyler's and the narrator's first fight, what is the narrator preparing to do at work?
5. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
2. What does the narrator notice on Marla's body besides the lump on her breast?
3. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
4. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
5. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
6. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
7. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
8. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
9. How does the narrator realize that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
10. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)