|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(d) A condom.
2. What does the person who calls the Paper Street house and questions the narrator tell him?
(a) He needs to come to the precinct.
(b) Not to leave town.
(c) The police have some leads on what happened to his apartment.
(d) He is needed to identify a suspect.
3. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler must be sick.
(b) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(c) Tyler and Marla have met.
(d) Tyler is out of his mind.
4. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
(a) Because there is a psycho in the office.
(b) Because he will not be able to join Fight Club then.
(c) Because it is not his property.
(d) Because he will press charges.
5. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
(b) Crate & Barrel.
(c) Bed, Bath & Beyond.
(d) Thrift store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What support group does the narrator attend several months prior to the opening scene?
2. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
3. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
4. What does Tyler tell the narrator he should do while he is being questioned on the phone?
5. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
2. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
3. Why is Marla's life in danger now that she has been following the narrator as his split personality, Tyler?
4. Why does Tyler blackmail his boss at the film projectionists union?
5. Who does the narrator call following his discovery about himself and Tyler being the same person, receiving more confirmation that it is true?
6. How does Tyler say he settled the problem with the Seattle police and their cracking down on Fight Club?
7. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
8. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
9. What does the narrator tell the mechanic he wishes he had done before he died and why?
10. What does The Narrator do when he learns that he killed Patrick Madden?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)