|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
2. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
(a) The paramedics.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The police.
(d) The supervisor.
3. What does the narrator think about while Bob is reciting the rules of Fight Club?
(a) Why Tyler did not assign him to start other Fight Clubs.
(b) How Tyler found the time to hold other Fight Club meetings.
(c) How Tyler is getting so many people interested in Fight Club.
(d) Why Tyler does not tell him anything.
4. What does the narrator dream about after calling Marla to ask if she was going to the support group meeting?
(a) Killing Marla.
(b) Moving out of the Paper Street house.
(c) Having sex with Marla.
(d) Going to Fight Club.
5. What are the people on the floors below Tyler and the narrator doing?
(a) Checking the floors.
(b) Stealing office furniture.
(c) Cleaning the offices.
(d) Throwing office furniture out of the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
2. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
3. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
4. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
5. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
2. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
3. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
4. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
5. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
6. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
7. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
8. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
9. How does the narrator realize that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
10. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)