|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(a) Breast cancer.
(c) Brain parasites.
(d) Lung cancer.
2. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Sun tanning.
(b) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
(c) Gathering seashells.
3. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(c) Smoking a cigarette.
(d) Eating an apple.
4. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) He seems really sick too.
(d) He is too skinny.
5. How does the narrator discover that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
(a) He learns how popular it has become.
(b) He sees messages written on bathroom stalls about Fight Club.
(c) He sees a lot of men with broken faces.
(d) He sees flyers up for Fight Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
2. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
3. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
4. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
5. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
2. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
3. When Tyler and the narrator first meet, how do their lives and personalities differ?
4. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
5. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
6. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
7. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
8. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
9. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
10. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)