|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Got Tyler fired.
(b) Cried in the bathroom.
(c) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(d) Complained to the caterer.
2. What support group does the narrator attend several months prior to the opening scene?
(b) Brain parasites.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Testicular cancer.
3. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Wrote out her will.
(b) Saw her family's practitioner.
(c) Called her mother.
(d) Went to the public clinic.
4. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
(b) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
(c) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
(d) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
5. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
(b) He is too skinny.
(c) That he does not love her.
(d) He seems really sick too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
2. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
3. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
4. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
5. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
2. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
3. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
4. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
5. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
6. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
7. What did Tyler do to Marla's mother that the narrator was so upset about?
8. What does the narrator notice on Marla's body besides the lump on her breast?
9. When Tyler and the narrator first meet, how do their lives and personalities differ?
10. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)