|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
(a) She was at the banquet he had just served.
(b) She called the house and he picked up.
(c) He bumped into her at a store.
(d) She was walking down Paper Street.
2. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
(a) Remaining Men Together.
(b) Men United.
(c) Always Together, Always men.
(d) Men Alone Are Men Divided.
3. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
(a) Someone's apartment caught fire.
(b) His apartment exploded.
(c) His apartment was burglarized.
(d) His apartment is being fumigated.
4. Where does the narrator first meet Tyler Durden?
(a) The beach.
(b) On a plane.
(c) A park.
(d) The city.
5. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
(a) He has never lost a fight.
(b) He has gone into hiding.
(c) He was just there a minute ago.
(d) No one has ever seen him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
2. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
3. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
4. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
5. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tyler tell the narrator not to talk about him to Marla?
2. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
3. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
4. What is the meaning of a single-serving life that the narrator refers to as his own?
5. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
6. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
7. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
8. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
9. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
10. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)