|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
2. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
(a) Men Alone Are Men Divided.
(b) Always Together, Always men.
(c) Remaining Men Together.
(d) Men United.
3. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
(a) The cleaning people.
(b) The Members of the Mischief Committee.
(d) The security guards.
4. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It had no tag on it.
(b) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(c) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(d) It was vibrating.
5. What does Tyler tell the narrator he should do while he is being questioned on the phone?
(a) Become truly free from consumer culture.
(b) Remember that we are all dying.
(c) Not tell the person his name.
(d) Stay true to Fight Club and not say a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
2. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
3. When the narrator arrives at the meeting, Bob is there. What does Bob tell him?
4. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
5. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
2. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
3. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
4. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
5. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
6. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
7. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
8. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
9. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
10. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)