|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler sell that he makes using homemade ingredients?
2. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
(a) Prank callers.
(b) People from beyond.
(c) The police.
(d) The I.R.S.
3. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
(b) Sun tanning.
(d) Gathering seashells.
4. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
(a) That she would die within a month.
(b) That she would try to beat it.
(c) She would kill herself.
(d) If she was dying she did not want to know.
5. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It had no tag on it.
(b) It was vibrating.
(c) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(d) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
2. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
3. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
4. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
5. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
2. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
3. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
4. What is the meaning of a single-serving life that the narrator refers to as his own?
5. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
6. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
7. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
8. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
9. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
10. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)