|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
(c) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(d) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
2. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
(a) His boss only comes in on Tuesdays.
(b) His boss read the date from the piece of paper.
(c) His boss is holding his Number One Boss mug.
(d) His boss is wearing his gray tie.
3. What does Marla ask the narrator to do for her at the Regent Hotel?
(a) Feel her forehead.
(b) Feel her breast for lumps.
(c) Take her to the hospital.
(d) Loan her money for surgery.
4. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
(b) Brain parasites.
(c) Blood parasites.
5. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) Bouquet of roses.
(b) Obscene pictures.
(c) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
(d) A death threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
2. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
3. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
4. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
5. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
2. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
3. What is the objective of Project Mayhem?
4. What does the narrator tell the mechanic right before the car crash and why?
5. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
6. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
7. How does the narrator know that the police will be looking for him following the death of his boss?
8. What is the meaning of a single-serving life that the narrator refers to as his own?
9. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
10. How does the narrator realize that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)