|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She does not really care.
(b) She tells him it is a good idea.
(c) She slaps him in the face.
(d) She angrily chases him.
2. What does the narrator recite while with Tyler?
(a) Different kinds of explosives.
(b) Different ways to defuse an explosive.
(c) Different ways to make explosives.
(d) Different places to find explosives.
3. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
(a) Thinks about dying.
(b) Practices guided meditation.
(c) Thinks of calming scenery.
(d) Recalls a fond memory.
4. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
(b) Guided meditation.
(d) A memorial for the passed member.
5. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(b) Eating an apple.
(c) Smoking a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
2. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
3. Following his first encounter with Tyler, which support group does the narrator visit?
4. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
5. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
2. How does the narrator realize that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
3. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
4. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
5. When Tyler and the narrator first meet, how do their lives and personalities differ?
6. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
7. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
8. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
9. Why does Tyler tell the narrator not to talk about him to Marla?
10. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)