|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
(a) Thinks about dying.
(b) Recalls a fond memory.
(c) Practices guided meditation.
(d) Thinks of calming scenery.
2. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
(b) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(c) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
(d) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
3. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) He is too skinny.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
(d) He seems really sick too.
4. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
(a) Brain parasites.
(c) Blood parasites.
5. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
(a) His life story.
(b) His desire to return to the way things were.
(c) How they will be historically famous.
(d) How Fight Club was all his idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while Bob is reciting the rules of Fight Club?
2. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
3. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
4. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
5. Following his first encounter with Tyler, which support group does the narrator visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
2. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
3. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
4. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
5. What does the narrator notice on Marla's body besides the lump on her breast?
6. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
7. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
8. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
9. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
10. How does the narrator realize that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)