|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The fear.
(b) The pain.
(c) The hopelessness.
(d) The insanity.
2. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
(c) No one.
3. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
(a) A high five.
(b) His address.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His business card.
4. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Tasker-Morris Building.
(b) City Hall.
(c) The Parker-Morris Building.
(d) The Empire State Building.
5. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They are so similar.
(b) They are always together.
(c) They wear the same clothes.
(d) They are never in the same room at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's job title?
2. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
3. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
4. Who are Tyler and the narrator serving at the banquet?
5. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
2. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
3. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
4. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
5. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
6. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
7. When Tyler and the narrator first meet, how do their lives and personalities differ?
8. What does the narrator notice on Marla's body besides the lump on her breast?
9. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
10. Why does Tyler tell the narrator not to talk about him to Marla?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)