|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
(a) Tyler Durden.
(b) The Paper Street house.
(c) Fight Club.
(d) The condominium explosion.
2. How does the narrator finally meet Marla Singer?
(a) After the meeting.
(b) In a group prayer.
(c) In a therapeutic physical contact session.
(d) In a group poetry session.
3. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) Rock bottom.
(b) The end of life.
(d) A new beginning.
4. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Saw her family's practitioner.
(b) Wrote out her will.
(c) Called her mother.
(d) Went to the public clinic.
5. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
(b) Bed, Bath & Beyond.
(c) Crate & Barrel.
(d) Thrift store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler tell the narrator he should do while he is being questioned on the phone?
2. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
3. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
4. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
5. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
2. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
3. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
4. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
5. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
6. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
7. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
8. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
9. Why is Fight Club a males-only club?
10. Why does Tyler tell the narrator not to talk about him to Marla?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)