|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Complained to the caterer.
(b) Got Tyler fired.
(c) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(d) Cried in the bathroom.
2. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They are always together.
(b) They are so similar.
(c) They are never in the same room at the same time.
(d) They wear the same clothes.
3. What is the first rule of Fight Club?
(a) New members must fight their first time at Fight Club.
(b) To not talk about Fight Club.
(c) To not bring new members to Fight Club.
(d) To pay a Fight Club membership fee.
4. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
(b) A memorial for the passed member.
(d) Guided meditation.
5. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
(a) The condominium explosion.
(b) Fight Club.
(c) Tyler Durden.
(d) The Paper Street house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
2. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
3. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
4. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
5. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator's comment about his boss's tie and the day of the week signify?
2. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
3. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
4. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
5. Why does airport security stop the narrator at the airport after one of his business trips?
6. What does the narrator notice when the detective calls him and lists some of the materials there were used in his condo explosion?
7. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
8. When the reader first encounters Bob, what does he look like and what does he represent?
9. What is the meaning of a single-serving life that the narrator refers to as his own?
10. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)