|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
(a) Thinks about dying.
(b) Thinks of calming scenery.
(c) Practices guided meditation.
(d) Recalls a fond memory.
2. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
(a) Impending lay-offs.
(b) Corrupt business practices.
(c) Stock quotes.
(d) Insider trading tips.
3. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
(a) Brain parasites.
(d) Blood parasites.
4. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(b) Smoking a cigarette.
(d) Eating an apple.
5. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
2. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
3. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
4. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
5. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
2. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
3. Why does the narrator take delight in thinking of himself and Tyler as "dinner party saboteurs"?
4. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
5. How does the narrator realize that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
6. When the narrator confronts Marla about being a "tourist" at the support groups, how does Marla respond?
7. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
8. What does the narrator notice on Marla's body besides the lump on her breast?
9. What story does the narrator tell Marla to cheer her up when he finds a lump on her breast?
10. How is the chemical kiss that Tyler gives the narrator also a symbol for Fight Club?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)