|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She angrily chases him.
(b) She slaps him in the face.
(c) She tells him it is a good idea.
(d) She does not really care.
2. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
(a) Because there is a psycho in the office.
(b) Because he will not be able to join Fight Club then.
(c) Because it is not his property.
(d) Because he will press charges.
3. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
(a) He has gone into hiding.
(b) He has never lost a fight.
(c) No one has ever seen him.
(d) He was just there a minute ago.
4. What does the narrator think about while Bob is reciting the rules of Fight Club?
(a) Why Tyler did not assign him to start other Fight Clubs.
(b) How Tyler found the time to hold other Fight Club meetings.
(c) Why Tyler does not tell him anything.
(d) How Tyler is getting so many people interested in Fight Club.
5. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler sell that he makes using homemade ingredients?
2. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
3. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
4. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
5. What does the person who calls the Paper Street house and questions the narrator tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
2. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
3. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
4. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
5. What is the triangle that the narrator mentions in the opening scene? Why are anarchy, guns and an explosion used to represent that triangle?
6. What does the chemical kiss that Tyler burns into the narrator's hand mean?
7. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
8. After the narrator's boss finds the Fight Club rules, he and the narrator have a conversation. What does this conversation signify about the narrator?
9. Where does the narrator's jealousy about Marla and Tyler come from?
10. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)