|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Shakes it.
(b) Kisses it.
(c) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
(d) Cuts it with a knife.
2. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She slaps him in the face.
(b) She does not really care.
(c) She angrily chases him.
(d) She tells him it is a good idea.
3. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(b) Sun tanning.
(c) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
(d) Gathering seashells.
4. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
(a) Because it is not his property.
(b) Because there is a psycho in the office.
(c) Because he will not be able to join Fight Club then.
(d) Because he will press charges.
5. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The fear.
(b) The pain.
(c) The hopelessness.
(d) The insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
2. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
3. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
4. What does the narrator recite while with Tyler?
5. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tyler tell the narrator not to talk about him to Marla?
2. What does Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to know about her breast cancer when she found the first lump?
3. Why does the narrator feel secretly relieved about his condominium exploding?
4. Why does the narrator frequent support group meetings to rid himself of insomnia?
5. Why can't the narrator cry when Marla is at the same support groups as him?
6. How is Tyler's soap production another rebellion against society, specifically, women?
7. Why does Tyler urinate into the soup at the banquet for dignitaries?
8. Why does the narrator start writing haikus to his coworkers?
9. What was Tyler's first civil disobedience act that the narrator recalls while in the stopped elevator?
10. Why does the narrator take delight in the demise of Chloe, a brain parasites support group regular?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)