|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Raymond Hessel when he finds his student I.D.?
(a) Why he is working at the convenience store.
(b) Why he is not in school any longer.
(c) Why he is bothering with school.
(d) Where he goes to school.
2. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
(a) His watch.
(b) Cash from the register.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His car keys.
3. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
(a) Metal rods.
(b) Sticks of dynamite.
(c) Ether-soaked rags.
4. What is the mechanic supposed to do the evening he was in the Cadillac with the narrator and the three Space Monkeys?
(a) Pick a fight and tell the truth.
(b) Pick up some fat and pick a fight.
(c) Make four human sacrifices and pick a fight.
(d) Make four human sacrifices and pick up some fat.
5. Why did the police shoot and kill Bob while he was on his chill-and-drill assignment?
(a) He pulled a gun on them and fired.
(b) He threatened to kill a hostage.
(c) They saw the gun in his coat pocket.
(d) They thought his drill was a gun.
6. What is the mechanic holding while on the bus with the narrator?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
7. In response to his question, what does Marla say the narrator did for her?
(a) He gave her a disease.
(b) He made her optimistic about living.
(c) He ruined her life.
(d) He saved her life.
8. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
(a) Go bowling.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Go to a bar.
9. What does one Space Monkey do while the others are holding down the narrator on the bus?
(a) Checks his watch to note what time the act takes place.
(b) Sets his stop watch to time the act.
(c) Takes out a video camera to use as evidence later.
(d) Takes out a video camera to record the act.
10. Why does the narrator go to a Fight Club meeting and register to fight a total of fifty men?
(a) He wants Marla to save him.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He wants to prove fighting is not the answer.
(d) He wants to retaliate.
11. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
(a) His boss has fired him.
(b) Police barricades surrounding the building.
(c) The building has been blown up.
(d) Members of Project Mayhem are waiting for him in the parking lot.
12. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
(a) Using fire extinguishers on people while robbing a bank.
(b) Using anesthesia on someone and then putting a drill to their head.
(c) Being calm while questioning someone.
(d) Freezing a lock and shattering it.
13. Referring to the magazine articles about human organs, what of "Joe's" does the narrator claim to be after seeing his boss's email?
(a) Joe's sarcastic wit.
(b) Joe's abundant boredom.
(c) Joe's never ending disgust.
(d) Joe's complete lack of surprise.
14. What does the narrator tell Raymond Hessel to do, or else he will kill him?
(a) Join Project Mayhem.
(b) Make a human sacrifice.
(c) Empty the register.
(d) Go back to school.
15. While traveling for business, what does the narrator ask the men he sees with beat-up faces?
(a) Who they last fought.
(b) Which Fight Club chapter they are in.
(c) If they have seen Tyler.
(d) Why they joined Fight Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bartender tell the narrator he was asking about the previous week?
2. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
3. Following Tyler's admittance of the young man into the Paper Street house, where does the narrator finally fall asleep?
4. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
5. How does the narrator make sure Raymond Hessel will do as he says?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)