|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
(a) The results of Tyler's castration threats.
(b) More vats of fat.
(c) Severed heads.
(d) Body parts and limbs.
2. Who does Marla only recognize the narrator as?
(b) The narrator.
(c) A schizophrenic.
(d) A murderer.
3. What does the narrator ask the mechanic about him crashing the car?
(a) If he was going to turn himself in for attempted murder.
(b) If it was part of his homework assignment.
(c) If he wanted to die.
(d) If the Space Monkeys knew he would do that.
4. What does the narrator ask Marla to do so that Tyler cannot accomplish his goals?
(a) Keep him locked in a room.
(b) Make sure he does not fall asleep.
(c) Turn him in to the police.
(d) Kill him.
5. What does the narrator notice about the Space Monkeys at the Paper Street house after returning from the bar in Seattle?
(a) They keep calling him Tyler.
(b) They keep looking at Marla.
(c) They are becoming more violent.
(d) They are watching him closely.
6. What does one Space Monkey do while the others are holding down the narrator on the bus?
(a) Takes out a video camera to record the act.
(b) Sets his stop watch to time the act.
(c) Takes out a video camera to use as evidence later.
(d) Checks his watch to note what time the act takes place.
7. What does Tyler want to do to the basement in the Paper Street house?
(a) Rent it out to residents.
(b) Make a full-scale soap factory.
(c) Make it another living room.
(d) Turn it into barracks.
8. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
(a) The mayor's envoy on recycling.
(b) The mayor's envoy on homicide.
(c) The mayor's envoy on vandalism.
(d) The mayor's envoy on criminal activity.
9. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
(a) Not to hit him again.
(b) To make him stop.
(c) To go get help.
(d) To leave him alone.
10. In the Seattle hotel room, what does Tyler chastise the narrator for doing?
(a) Talking to people about him.
(b) Not knowing the truth.
(c) Not helping out enough.
(d) Not believing enough in Project Mayhem.
11. What does the narrator ask Marla about on the phone after talking to the bartender?
(a) How things are at the Paper Street house.
(b) Where she is and with whom.
(c) If she knows who Tyler is.
(d) If she is feeling OK.
12. While the narrator's boss is on vacation, what does he tell the narrator to do via email?
(a) Prepare for his formal review.
(b) Prepare for his big presentation.
(c) Pack up his things and leave.
(d) Move into a different office.
13. While traveling for business, what does the narrator ask the men he sees with beat-up faces?
(a) Which Fight Club chapter they are in.
(b) Who they last fought.
(c) If they have seen Tyler.
(d) Why they joined Fight Club.
14. What do the Space Monkeys on the bus try to do to the narrator?
(a) Castrate him.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Throw him off the bus.
15. Where does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
(a) His exploded condominium.
(b) The Regent Hotel.
(c) The Pressman Hotel.
(d) The Paper Street house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the narrator walks into the bar in Seattle?
2. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
3. Who calls Tyler into his office to fire him from his job?
4. Where does Marla meet the narrator after the attempted castration, which is also where the two first met?
5. Where does the narrator wake up on after passing out on the bus full of Space Monkeys?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)