|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
(a) If you are arrested, you are thrown out of Project Mayhem.
(b) If you are arrested, you are likely to be tortured.
(c) If you are arrested, you are unable to get promoted in Project Mayhem.
(d) If you are arrested, you will disappoint Tyler.
2. What does the narrator ask the mechanic while he is driving the Cadillac?
(a) Who makes up the rules.
(b) Why the Space Monkeys are there.
(c) Where they are going.
(d) Where Tyler is.
3. How does the narrator make sure Raymond Hessel will do as he says?
(a) He tells him Space Monkeys will be watching him.
(b) He takes his credit card.
(c) He keeps his license and address.
(d) He tells him he will go after his family.
4. How many days does the young man stand on the Paper Street house porch until Tyler lets him in?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
5. What does the narrator tell Raymond Hessel to do, or else he will kill him?
(a) Empty the register.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Join Project Mayhem.
(d) Make a human sacrifice.
6. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
(a) The mayor's envoy on recycling.
(b) The mayor's envoy on vandalism.
(c) The mayor's envoy on criminal activity.
(d) The mayor's envoy on homicide.
7. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
(a) The Mischief Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(b) The Assault Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(c) The Assault Committee killed the police commissioner.
(d) The Mischief Committee killed the police commissioner.
8. What does the bartender tell the narrator he was asking about the previous week?
(a) If the bartender knew any other people who would want to join.
(b) If the Seattle police were shutting down Fight Club.
(c) How Project Mayhem was going in Seattle.
(d) If the bar basement could be used for Fight Club.
9. What is one of the things the mechanic tells the narrator to buy as part of his assignment?
(a) A building plan map.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
10. What was Patrick doing for the mayor that caused him to be killed?
(a) Compiling a list of Fight Club locations.
(b) Compiling a list of Space Monkeys.
(c) Compiling a list of places Tyler has been.
(d) Compiling a list of Fight Club members.
11. What does the narrator threaten the hotel manager with?
(a) His cohorts from Fight Club.
(b) Going to the newspapers with a heart-felt confession.
(c) Exposing the hotel's corrupt practices.
(d) His life.
12. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
(a) The results of Tyler's castration threats.
(b) More vats of fat.
(c) Severed heads.
(d) Body parts and limbs.
13. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
(a) Why she likes him at all.
(b) If she loves Tyler more than him.
(c) If they have slept together.
(d) How long they have been together.
14. What does the bartender show the narrator to confirm his answers to the narrator's questions?
(a) He shows the narrator his chemical kiss.
(b) He tells the narrator the Fight Club rules.
(c) He shows the narrator his Fight Club tattoo.
(d) He shows the narrator a picture of him and the bartender.
15. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
(a) His boss has fired him.
(b) Police barricades surrounding the building.
(c) The building has been blown up.
(d) Members of Project Mayhem are waiting for him in the parking lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Raymond Hessel?
2. Why does Marla slap the narrator in the face when they meet after the Space Monkeys attempted to castrate him?
3. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
4. Where does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
5. What does the narrator do to distract himself while attempting to climb out one of the bus windows?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)