|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Recite a eulogy.
(b) Nothing. He is not important.
(c) Chant his name.
(d) Tell stories about him.
2. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
(a) A veternarian.
(b) A writer.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A teacher.
3. What is one of the things the mechanic tells the narrator to buy as part of his assignment?
(a) A knife.
(b) A building plan map.
(c) A gun.
4. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
(a) If she loves Tyler more than him.
(b) If they have slept together.
(c) Why she likes him at all.
(d) How long they have been together.
5. What is the name of the mayor's envoy that The Narrator shot and killed?
(a) Patrick McCormick.
(b) Patrick McCarthy.
(c) Patrick Matthews.
(d) Patrick Madden.
6. What is the objective of the different committees in Fight Club's project?
(a) To create ways to address society's problems.
(b) To create different kinds of chaos in society.
(c) To create different kinds of serenity.
(d) To teach all men how to fight.
7. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
(a) The mayor's envoy on vandalism.
(b) The mayor's envoy on criminal activity.
(c) The mayor's envoy on homicide.
(d) The mayor's envoy on recycling.
8. What stops the narrator from jumping out of the window and killing himself?
(a) The police.
(b) Wanting to catch Tyler.
(c) Project Mayhem.
9. How many days does the young man stand on the Paper Street house porch until Tyler lets him in?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
10. What does the narrator's boss at the hotel say to the narrator when he comes into his office?
(a) He wants to get the narrator medical help.
(b) He thinks the narrator needs to take some time off.
(c) He knows about the disgusting things the narrator has done to the food.
(d) He wants to promote the narrator for a job well done.
11. What does the narrator tell Marla that Tyler is trying to do to him?
(a) Steal all of his money.
(b) Take over his life.
(c) Erase his credit.
(d) Get him beaten to death.
12. Why did the police shoot and kill Bob while he was on his chill-and-drill assignment?
(a) He threatened to kill a hostage.
(b) They thought his drill was a gun.
(c) He pulled a gun on them and fired.
(d) They saw the gun in his coat pocket.
13. What does the narrator tell Raymond Hessel to do, or else he will kill him?
(a) Join Project Mayhem.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Empty the register.
(d) Make a human sacrifice.
14. How did Tyler blackmail his boss after he fired him?
(a) Said he would file a sexual assault case.
(b) Told him about the pornography in the films.
(c) Told him he knew where his family lived.
(d) Threatened to kill him.
15. What was Patrick doing for the mayor that caused him to be killed?
(a) Compiling a list of Fight Club locations.
(b) Compiling a list of places Tyler has been.
(c) Compiling a list of Space Monkeys.
(d) Compiling a list of Fight Club members.
Short Answer Questions
1. When his boss fires him, what does the narrator do?
2. What does one Space Monkey do while the others are holding down the narrator on the bus?
3. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
4. How does the narrator know the members of Project Mayhem are keeping track of him?
5. What does Tyler tell his boss to do after firing him?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)