|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of Fight Club's side project?
(a) To get more people involved.
(b) To help society.
(c) To annoy the police.
(d) To teach the men they can change history.
2. How does the narrator know his boss is dead?
(a) Because his wife is there, crying.
(b) Because Tyler knows.
(c) Because his coworkers tell him.
(d) Because his body is being lifted into an ambulance.
3. What does the bartender tell the narrator he was asking about the previous week?
(a) If the Seattle police were shutting down Fight Club.
(b) If the bar basement could be used for Fight Club.
(c) How Project Mayhem was going in Seattle.
(d) If the bartender knew any other people who would want to join.
4. How many days does the young man stand on the Paper Street house porch until Tyler lets him in?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
5. What is one of the things the mechanic tells the narrator to buy as part of his assignment?
(b) A knife.
(c) A building plan map.
(d) A gun.
6. Why did the narrator give permission to Tyler to go ahead and kill his boss?
(a) Because he told Tyler his boss was going to fire him.
(b) Because Tyler is going on a killing rampage.
(c) Because he told the mechanic he wished he had quit his job.
(d) Because he told Tyler he had always wanted to kill his boss.
7. How did Tyler blackmail his boss after he fired him?
(a) Told him about the pornography in the films.
(b) Told him he knew where his family lived.
(c) Threatened to kill him.
(d) Said he would file a sexual assault case.
8. Why did the police shoot and kill Bob while he was on his chill-and-drill assignment?
(a) They thought his drill was a gun.
(b) They saw the gun in his coat pocket.
(c) He pulled a gun on them and fired.
(d) He threatened to kill a hostage.
9. What does Tyler tell his boss to do after firing him?
(a) Write a referral for him.
(b) Get him another job.
(c) Join Fight Club.
(d) Keep sending him paychecks.
10. What does the narrator's boss at the hotel say to the narrator when he comes into his office?
(a) He wants to get the narrator medical help.
(b) He thinks the narrator needs to take some time off.
(c) He wants to promote the narrator for a job well done.
(d) He knows about the disgusting things the narrator has done to the food.
11. In the Seattle hotel room, what does Tyler chastise the narrator for doing?
(a) Not believing enough in Project Mayhem.
(b) Talking to people about him.
(c) Not knowing the truth.
(d) Not helping out enough.
12. While the narrator's boss is on vacation, what does he tell the narrator to do via email?
(a) Move into a different office.
(b) Prepare for his formal review.
(c) Prepare for his big presentation.
(d) Pack up his things and leave.
13. What is Bob's real name?
(a) Robert Paulson.
(b) Robert Smith.
(c) Robert Anderson.
(d) Robert Carlson.
14. What does the narrator tell Marla that Tyler is trying to do to him?
(a) Erase his credit.
(b) Get him beaten to death.
(c) Steal all of his money.
(d) Take over his life.
15. What does the narrator threaten the hotel manager with?
(a) Going to the newspapers with a heart-felt confession.
(b) His life.
(c) Exposing the hotel's corrupt practices.
(d) His cohorts from Fight Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
2. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
3. Referring to the magazine articles about human organs, what of "Joe's" does the narrator claim to be after seeing his boss's email?
4. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
5. How does the narrator answer the mechanic's question about what he wished he had done before he died?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)