|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler want to do to the basement in the Paper Street house?
(a) Turn it into barracks.
(b) Rent it out to residents.
(c) Make it another living room.
(d) Make a full-scale soap factory.
2. What does the narrator ask the mechanic while he is driving the Cadillac?
(a) Who makes up the rules.
(b) Where Tyler is.
(c) Why the Space Monkeys are there.
(d) Where they are going.
3. What does the narrator ask that the bartender thinks is a test?
(a) The narrator asks if he is a member of Fight Club.
(b) The narrator asks if he knows Tyler Durden.
(c) The narrator asks who the bartender is.
(d) The narrator asks about Project Mayhem.
4. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
(a) See a movie.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Go to a bar.
(d) Go bowling.
5. Where do the narrator and Marla hide out so that the narrator cannot fall asleep?
(a) His room in the Paper Street house.
(b) His work office.
(c) The Regent Hotel.
(d) The basement in the Paper Street house.
6. How does the narrator answer the mechanic's question about what he wished he had done before he died?
(a) The Narrator wishes he had never met Tyler.
(b) The Narrator wishes he had quit his job.
(c) The Narrator wishes he had never fought.
(d) The Narrator wishes he had told Marla he loved her.
7. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
(a) The mayor's envoy on vandalism.
(b) The mayor's envoy on homicide.
(c) The mayor's envoy on recycling.
(d) The mayor's envoy on criminal activity.
8. Why did the narrator give permission to Tyler to go ahead and kill his boss?
(a) Because he told Tyler his boss was going to fire him.
(b) Because Tyler is going on a killing rampage.
(c) Because he told the mechanic he wished he had quit his job.
(d) Because he told Tyler he had always wanted to kill his boss.
9. What does the narrator tell Raymond Hessel to do, or else he will kill him?
(a) Empty the register.
(b) Join Project Mayhem.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Make a human sacrifice.
10. How does the narrator know his boss is dead?
(a) Because his wife is there, crying.
(b) Because Tyler knows.
(c) Because his coworkers tell him.
(d) Because his body is being lifted into an ambulance.
11. What does Marla say the Space Monkeys are doing at the Paper Street house?
(a) Shaving their heads.
(b) Committing acts of vandalism.
(c) Waiting for him to come home.
(d) Working in the basement.
12. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
(a) Ether-soaked rags.
(c) Metal rods.
(d) Sticks of dynamite.
13. What happens when the narrator walks into the bar in Seattle?
(a) The bartender says, "Welcome back, sir."
(b) The bartender says, "Free beer, on the house, sir."
(c) The bartender says, "The meeting is taking place downstairs, sir."
(d) The bartender says, "No I.D. necessary, sir."
14. What does the narrator smell on his hands after Tyler calls him and says the guys are in the parking lot?
15. For what reason does The Narrator tell Marla her life is in danger?
(a) She has followed Tyler and seen what he has done.
(b) Project Mayhem cannot have women involved.
(c) Project Mayhem hates women.
(d) Her breast tumor has been metastasizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator plead to his boss while he beats himself up?
2. What does the narrator do to distract himself while attempting to climb out one of the bus windows?
3. What is the name of the mayor's envoy that The Narrator shot and killed?
4. Who calls Tyler into his office to fire him from his job?
5. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)