|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mechanic holding while on the bus with the narrator?
(a) A bomb.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
2. What does one Space Monkey do while the others are holding down the narrator on the bus?
(a) Sets his stop watch to time the act.
(b) Checks his watch to note what time the act takes place.
(c) Takes out a video camera to record the act.
(d) Takes out a video camera to use as evidence later.
3. When his boss fires him, what does the narrator do?
(a) Beats up his boss.
(b) Punches himself in the face.
(c) Screams at his boss.
(d) Throws his chair across the room.
4. Where do the narrator and Marla hide out so that the narrator cannot fall asleep?
(a) The Regent Hotel.
(b) His work office.
(c) His room in the Paper Street house.
(d) The basement in the Paper Street house.
5. How many days does the young man stand on the Paper Street house porch until Tyler lets him in?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
6. When does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
(a) When she followed him to the bathroom.
(b) When the lights went down during a film.
(c) During the murder scene at a murder mystery party.
(d) During a raid of the hotel.
7. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
(a) His watch.
(b) Cash from the register.
(c) His car keys.
(d) His wallet.
8. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A veternarian.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A teacher.
9. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
(a) The building has been blown up.
(b) Members of Project Mayhem are waiting for him in the parking lot.
(c) His boss has fired him.
(d) Police barricades surrounding the building.
10. What does the narrator ask Raymond Hessel when he finds his student I.D.?
(a) Why he is bothering with school.
(b) Where he goes to school.
(c) Why he is working at the convenience store.
(d) Why he is not in school any longer.
11. What is the name of the mayor's envoy that The Narrator shot and killed?
(a) Patrick Matthews.
(b) Patrick Madden.
(c) Patrick McCormick.
(d) Patrick McCarthy.
12. What does the narrator do to distract himself while attempting to climb out one of the bus windows?
(a) Thinks of his condominium.
(b) Thinks of Marla.
(c) Guided meditation.
(d) Says a prayer.
13. What does the narrator ask the mechanic while he is driving the Cadillac?
(a) Who makes up the rules.
(b) Where they are going.
(c) Where Tyler is.
(d) Why the Space Monkeys are there.
14. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
(a) The Mischief Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(b) The Assault Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(c) The Mischief Committee killed the police commissioner.
(d) The Assault Committee killed the police commissioner.
15. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
(a) The results of Tyler's castration threats.
(b) Severed heads.
(c) More vats of fat.
(d) Body parts and limbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marla say the Space Monkeys are doing at the Paper Street house?
2. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
3. How do the men with beat-up faces respond to the narrator's questions?
4. What does the narrator ask Marla about on the phone after talking to the bartender?
5. How did Tyler blackmail his boss after he fired him?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)