|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
(a) How long they have been together.
(b) If they have slept together.
(c) Why she likes him at all.
(d) If she loves Tyler more than him.
2. What is the goal of Fight Club's side project?
(a) To teach the men they can change history.
(b) To annoy the police.
(c) To get more people involved.
(d) To help society.
3. How many days does the young man stand on the Paper Street house porch until Tyler lets him in?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
4. What does the narrator tell Marla that Tyler is trying to do to him?
(a) Erase his credit.
(b) Steal all of his money.
(c) Take over his life.
(d) Get him beaten to death.
5. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) A veternarian.
(d) A dentist.
6. What does the narrator ask Marla to do so that Tyler cannot accomplish his goals?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Make sure he does not fall asleep.
(c) Keep him locked in a room.
(d) Turn him in to the police.
7. Who is Raymond Hessel?
(a) A cashier at a convenience store.
(b) A new Fight Club member.
(c) One of the narrator's enemies.
(d) A cousin of the narrator.
8. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Tell stories about him.
(b) Recite a eulogy.
(c) Nothing. He is not important.
(d) Chant his name.
9. How do the men with beat-up faces respond to the narrator's questions?
(a) They call him "sir" and give him the secret handshake.
(b) They call him "sir" and give him a thumb's up.
(c) They call him "sir" and whisper "Fight Club."
(d) They call him "sir" and wink.
10. What is the name that is given to Fight Club's side project?
(a) Project Destroy.
(b) Project Chaos.
(c) Project Mischief.
(d) Project Mayhem.
11. Why does the narrator go to a Fight Club meeting and register to fight a total of fifty men?
(a) He wants to prove fighting is not the answer.
(b) He wants Marla to save him.
(c) He wants to retaliate.
(d) He wants to die.
12. What does one Space Monkey do while the others are holding down the narrator on the bus?
(a) Sets his stop watch to time the act.
(b) Checks his watch to note what time the act takes place.
(c) Takes out a video camera to use as evidence later.
(d) Takes out a video camera to record the act.
13. What does the narrator ask the mechanic about him crashing the car?
(a) If he wanted to die.
(b) If it was part of his homework assignment.
(c) If he was going to turn himself in for attempted murder.
(d) If the Space Monkeys knew he would do that.
14. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
(b) Sticks of dynamite.
(c) Metal rods.
(d) Ether-soaked rags.
15. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
(a) The building has been blown up.
(b) Members of Project Mayhem are waiting for him in the parking lot.
(c) Police barricades surrounding the building.
(d) His boss has fired him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot a man?
2. What is the mechanic holding while on the bus with the narrator?
3. Where did Tyler use the chill-and-drill technique before?
4. What is the second list the narrator's boss brings into his office after finding it in the copy machine?
5. Where does the narrator wake up on after passing out on the bus full of Space Monkeys?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)