|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Tyler's admittance of the young man into the Paper Street house, where does the narrator finally fall asleep?
(a) His office desk.
(b) On a bus.
(c) The Paper Street basement.
(d) Marla's bed.
2. How do the men with beat-up faces respond to the narrator's questions?
(a) They call him "sir" and wink.
(b) They call him "sir" and give him the secret handshake.
(c) They call him "sir" and whisper "Fight Club."
(d) They call him "sir" and give him a thumb's up.
3. What stops the narrator from jumping out of the window and killing himself?
(b) The police.
(c) Wanting to catch Tyler.
(d) Project Mayhem.
4. What does the narrator do to distract himself while attempting to climb out one of the bus windows?
(a) Guided meditation.
(b) Thinks of Marla.
(c) Says a prayer.
(d) Thinks of his condominium.
5. What does the narrator notice about the Space Monkeys at the Paper Street house after returning from the bar in Seattle?
(a) They keep looking at Marla.
(b) They are becoming more violent.
(c) They keep calling him Tyler.
(d) They are watching him closely.
6. What is the goal of Fight Club's side project?
(a) To teach the men they can change history.
(b) To help society.
(c) To annoy the police.
(d) To get more people involved.
7. Who does Marla say she saw the narrator shoot?
(a) The mayor's envoy on recycling.
(b) The mayor's envoy on criminal activity.
(c) The mayor's envoy on vandalism.
(d) The mayor's envoy on homicide.
8. What does the narrator ask the mechanic while he is driving the Cadillac?
(a) Who makes up the rules.
(b) Where Tyler is.
(c) Why the Space Monkeys are there.
(d) Where they are going.
9. How is Raymond Hessel part of the narrator's assignment?
(a) He leads the narrator to where the human sacrifices are.
(b) He is one of twelve human sacrifices.
(c) He is a new member and watched the narrator do his human sacrifices.
(d) He partners up with the narrator for the human sacrifices.
10. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Go bowling.
(d) Go to a bar.
11. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A veternarian.
12. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
(a) Metal rods.
(c) Sticks of dynamite.
(d) Ether-soaked rags.
13. What does the narrator smell on his hands after Tyler calls him and says the guys are in the parking lot?
14. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
(a) The Mischief Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(b) The Assault Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(c) The Assault Committee killed the police commissioner.
(d) The Mischief Committee killed the police commissioner.
15. Why does Marla slap the narrator in the face when they meet after the Space Monkeys attempted to castrate him?
(a) She saw him kill someone.
(b) She is sick of his lies.
(c) She saw him with another woman.
(d) She thinks he killed Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask that the bartender thinks is a test?
2. What does the narrator do while looking out the window of the building he woke up in after the bus full of Space Monkeys tried to castrate him?
3. What does the bartender tell the narrator he was asking about the previous week?
4. Who is Raymond Hessel?
5. How does the narrator know his boss is dead?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)