|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mayor's envoy that The Narrator shot and killed?
(a) Patrick Madden.
(b) Patrick Matthews.
(c) Patrick McCormick.
(d) Patrick McCarthy.
2. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
(a) Cash from the register.
(b) His watch.
(c) His car keys.
(d) His wallet.
3. What does the narrator do to distract himself while attempting to climb out one of the bus windows?
(a) Thinks of his condominium.
(b) Says a prayer.
(c) Thinks of Marla.
(d) Guided meditation.
4. What does Tyler want to do to the basement in the Paper Street house?
(a) Turn it into barracks.
(b) Make a full-scale soap factory.
(c) Make it another living room.
(d) Rent it out to residents.
5. In the Seattle hotel room, what does Tyler chastise the narrator for doing?
(a) Not knowing the truth.
(b) Talking to people about him.
(c) Not helping out enough.
(d) Not believing enough in Project Mayhem.
6. What does the narrator ask that the bartender thinks is a test?
(a) The narrator asks about Project Mayhem.
(b) The narrator asks if he knows Tyler Durden.
(c) The narrator asks who the bartender is.
(d) The narrator asks if he is a member of Fight Club.
7. How does the narrator know the members of Project Mayhem are keeping track of him?
(a) He sees a group of men following him.
(b) Marla calls him "sir."
(c) The taxi driver calls him "sir."
(d) The Regent Hotel desk clerk calls him "sir."
8. How does the narrator answer the mechanic's question about what he wished he had done before he died?
(a) The Narrator wishes he had never fought.
(b) The Narrator wishes he had never met Tyler.
(c) The Narrator wishes he had told Marla he loved her.
(d) The Narrator wishes he had quit his job.
9. What is the second list the narrator's boss brings into his office after finding it in the copy machine?
(a) List of targeted buildings for vandalism.
(b) List of current members of Fight Club.
(c) List of what to bring to the Paper Street house.
(d) List of people who will be killed.
10. How does the narrator know his boss is dead?
(a) Because his coworkers tell him.
(b) Because his body is being lifted into an ambulance.
(c) Because his wife is there, crying.
(d) Because Tyler knows.
11. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
(a) His boss has fired him.
(b) Police barricades surrounding the building.
(c) Members of Project Mayhem are waiting for him in the parking lot.
(d) The building has been blown up.
12. Where does Marla meet the narrator after the attempted castration, which is also where the two first met?
(a) Bowel cancer night.
(b) Blood parasites night.
(c) Melanoma night.
(d) Brain parasites night.
13. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
(a) The Assault Committee killed the police commissioner.
(b) The Mischief Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(c) The Assault Committee threatened to castrate the police commissioner.
(d) The Mischief Committee killed the police commissioner.
14. What does the narrator threaten the hotel manager with?
(a) Exposing the hotel's corrupt practices.
(b) His cohorts from Fight Club.
(c) His life.
(d) Going to the newspapers with a heart-felt confession.
15. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
(a) If you are arrested, you will disappoint Tyler.
(b) If you are arrested, you are likely to be tortured.
(c) If you are arrested, you are unable to get promoted in Project Mayhem.
(d) If you are arrested, you are thrown out of Project Mayhem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marla and the narrator decide to do to pass the time and keep him awake?
2. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
3. While traveling for business, what does the narrator ask the men he sees with beat-up faces?
4. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
5. How do the men with beat-up faces respond to the narrator's questions?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)