|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
(a) If you are arrested, you are thrown out of Project Mayhem.
(b) If you are arrested, you are likely to be tortured.
(c) If you are arrested, you will disappoint Tyler.
(d) If you are arrested, you are unable to get promoted in Project Mayhem.
2. How did Tyler blackmail his boss after he fired him?
(a) Told him he knew where his family lived.
(b) Told him about the pornography in the films.
(c) Said he would file a sexual assault case.
(d) Threatened to kill him.
3. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
(a) Severed heads.
(b) More vats of fat.
(c) The results of Tyler's castration threats.
(d) Body parts and limbs.
4. What is the goal of Fight Club's side project?
(a) To teach the men they can change history.
(b) To get more people involved.
(c) To help society.
(d) To annoy the police.
5. When his boss fires him, what does the narrator do?
(a) Throws his chair across the room.
(b) Screams at his boss.
(c) Beats up his boss.
(d) Punches himself in the face.
6. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Chant his name.
(b) Recite a eulogy.
(c) Tell stories about him.
(d) Nothing. He is not important.
7. What does Raymond Hessel say he wanted to become?
(a) A veternarian.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A writer.
8. What is Bob's real name?
(a) Robert Paulson.
(b) Robert Smith.
(c) Robert Carlson.
(d) Robert Anderson.
9. Where do the narrator and Marla hide out so that the narrator cannot fall asleep?
(a) His work office.
(b) The Regent Hotel.
(c) The basement in the Paper Street house.
(d) His room in the Paper Street house.
10. What does the narrator ask Marla about on the phone after talking to the bartender?
(a) If she is feeling OK.
(b) How things are at the Paper Street house.
(c) If she knows who Tyler is.
(d) Where she is and with whom.
11. What is the chill-and-drill assignment Bob is on?
(a) Using fire extinguishers on people while robbing a bank.
(b) Using anesthesia on someone and then putting a drill to their head.
(c) Being calm while questioning someone.
(d) Freezing a lock and shattering it.
12. What do the security guards see when they enter the hotel manager's office?
(a) The Narrator lying on the floor alone.
(b) No one is there.
(c) The hotel manager with his hands on the narrator.
(d) Only the hotel manager, because the narrator fled the scene.
13. Referring to the magazine articles about human organs, what of "Joe's" does the narrator claim to be after seeing his boss's email?
(a) Joe's complete lack of surprise.
(b) Joe's abundant boredom.
(c) Joe's sarcastic wit.
(d) Joe's never ending disgust.
14. In response to his question, what does Marla say the narrator did for her?
(a) He gave her a disease.
(b) He saved her life.
(c) He ruined her life.
(d) He made her optimistic about living.
15. How does the narrator convince Marla that he is not Tyler Durden?
(a) He shows her his license.
(b) He shows her his credit card receipts.
(c) He tells her he made Tyler up.
(d) He tells her a story only the narrator would know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the mechanic while he is driving the Cadillac?
2. What does one Space Monkey do while the others are holding down the narrator on the bus?
3. How does the narrator make sure Raymond Hessel will do as he says?
4. How did Tyler take care of the police problem in Seattle?
5. The Narrator gets on a bus with twenty men who have shaved heads. What are the men holding in their hands?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)