|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Raymond Hessel to do, or else he will kill him?
(a) Empty the register.
(b) Join Project Mayhem.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Make a human sacrifice.
2. What is the mechanic holding while on the bus with the narrator?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bomb.
(d) A knife.
3. What does the bartender show the narrator to confirm his answers to the narrator's questions?
(a) He shows the narrator a picture of him and the bartender.
(b) He shows the narrator his chemical kiss.
(c) He tells the narrator the Fight Club rules.
(d) He shows the narrator his Fight Club tattoo.
4. What does the narrator's boss at the hotel say to the narrator when he comes into his office?
(a) He thinks the narrator needs to take some time off.
(b) He wants to get the narrator medical help.
(c) He wants to promote the narrator for a job well done.
(d) He knows about the disgusting things the narrator has done to the food.
5. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Tell stories about him.
(b) Nothing. He is not important.
(c) Recite a eulogy.
(d) Chant his name.
6. How do the men with beat-up faces respond to the narrator's questions?
(a) They call him "sir" and give him a thumb's up.
(b) They call him "sir" and wink.
(c) They call him "sir" and whisper "Fight Club."
(d) They call him "sir" and give him the secret handshake.
7. What does the narrator ask Raymond Hessel when he finds his student I.D.?
(a) Where he goes to school.
(b) Why he is bothering with school.
(c) Why he is working at the convenience store.
(d) Why he is not in school any longer.
8. Where does Marla meet the narrator after the attempted castration, which is also where the two first met?
(a) Blood parasites night.
(b) Bowel cancer night.
(c) Melanoma night.
(d) Brain parasites night.
9. What does the narrator notice about the Space Monkeys at the Paper Street house after returning from the bar in Seattle?
(a) They are becoming more violent.
(b) They keep looking at Marla.
(c) They are watching him closely.
(d) They keep calling him Tyler.
10. Following Tyler's admittance of the young man into the Paper Street house, where does the narrator finally fall asleep?
(a) On a bus.
(b) The Paper Street basement.
(c) His office desk.
(d) Marla's bed.
11. What does the narrator discover when he arrives to work after going bowling with Marla?
(a) Police barricades surrounding the building.
(b) His boss has fired him.
(c) The building has been blown up.
(d) Members of Project Mayhem are waiting for him in the parking lot.
12. What does the narrator ask that the bartender thinks is a test?
(a) The narrator asks about Project Mayhem.
(b) The narrator asks if he is a member of Fight Club.
(c) The narrator asks who the bartender is.
(d) The narrator asks if he knows Tyler Durden.
13. When the narrator comes back to the Paper Street house, what is he afraid of seeing in the refrigerator?
(a) The results of Tyler's castration threats.
(b) Severed heads.
(c) More vats of fat.
(d) Body parts and limbs.
14. Why does the narrator go to a Fight Club meeting and register to fight a total of fifty men?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He wants Marla to save him.
(c) He wants to retaliate.
(d) He wants to prove fighting is not the answer.
15. Where did Tyler use the chill-and-drill technique before?
(a) The Paper Street house.
(b) A catering event.
(c) The narrator's condominium.
(d) The police commissioner's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do while looking out the window of the building he woke up in after the bus full of Space Monkeys tried to castrate him?
2. What does the narrator smell on his hands after Tyler calls him and says the guys are in the parking lot?
3. For what reason does The Narrator tell Marla her life is in danger?
4. In the Seattle hotel room, what does Tyler chastise the narrator for doing?
5. What does the narrator tell Marla that Tyler is trying to do to him?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)