|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men with beat-up faces respond to the narrator's questions?
(a) They call him "sir" and give him the secret handshake.
(b) They call him "sir" and wink.
(c) They call him "sir" and give him a thumb's up.
(d) They call him "sir" and whisper "Fight Club."
2. What do the members of Project Mayhem do in remembrance of Bob?
(a) Nothing. He is not important.
(b) Chant his name.
(c) Recite a eulogy.
(d) Tell stories about him.
3. What does the bartender tell the narrator he was asking about the previous week?
(a) If the Seattle police were shutting down Fight Club.
(b) If the bartender knew any other people who would want to join.
(c) How Project Mayhem was going in Seattle.
(d) If the bar basement could be used for Fight Club.
4. What is the intended purpose of using liposuctioned fat found in medical waste dumps for soap production?
(a) To ruin the skin of people who received liposuction.
(b) To make enough money to keep Project Mayhem afloat.
(c) To sell the soap back to people who paid money to get the fat taken out.
(d) To show society that soap can be made from their own fat.
5. Why are members of Project Mayhem happier to be shot and killed than to be arrested?
(a) If you are arrested, you are likely to be tortured.
(b) If you are arrested, you will disappoint Tyler.
(c) If you are arrested, you are thrown out of Project Mayhem.
(d) If you are arrested, you are unable to get promoted in Project Mayhem.
6. What happens when the narrator walks into the bar in Seattle?
(a) The bartender says, "The meeting is taking place downstairs, sir."
(b) The bartender says, "Welcome back, sir."
(c) The bartender says, "No I.D. necessary, sir."
(d) The bartender says, "Free beer, on the house, sir."
7. What does the narrator ask Marla about their relationship?
(a) How long they have been together.
(b) If she loves Tyler more than him.
(c) If they have slept together.
(d) Why she likes him at all.
8. What do the Space Monkeys on the bus try to do to the narrator?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Castrate him.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Throw him off the bus.
9. What is the last rule of Project Mayhem that the three Space Monkeys in the Cadillac recite?
(a) You don't give up.
(b) You always fight for what you want.
(c) You don't ask questions.
(d) You always do as Tyler says.
10. Following Tyler's admittance of the young man into the Paper Street house, where does the narrator finally fall asleep?
(a) On a bus.
(b) His office desk.
(c) The Paper Street basement.
(d) Marla's bed.
11. How does the narrator make sure Raymond Hessel will do as he says?
(a) He tells him he will go after his family.
(b) He keeps his license and address.
(c) He takes his credit card.
(d) He tells him Space Monkeys will be watching him.
12. How is Raymond Hessel part of the narrator's assignment?
(a) He leads the narrator to where the human sacrifices are.
(b) He partners up with the narrator for the human sacrifices.
(c) He is a new member and watched the narrator do his human sacrifices.
(d) He is one of twelve human sacrifices.
13. What does Tyler want to do to the basement in the Paper Street house?
(a) Make a full-scale soap factory.
(b) Make it another living room.
(c) Rent it out to residents.
(d) Turn it into barracks.
14. What does the mechanic ask the narrator following the car crash?
(a) If he made Fight Club up accidentally.
(b) If he really did want to die.
(c) If he had done a good job.
(d) If what the narrator said about his job was true.
15. What does the narrator wonder about when he sees all the acts of vandalism in the news?
(a) If they are homework assignments by Tyler.
(b) If the police have any leads.
(c) What the consequences of the acts are.
(d) If there is another club like Fight Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator take from Raymond Hessel?
2. Why does the narrator go to a Fight Club meeting and register to fight a total of fifty men?
3. For what reason does The Narrator tell Marla her life is in danger?
4. When his boss fires him, what does the narrator do?
5. What is the mechanic supposed to do the evening he was in the Cadillac with the narrator and the three Space Monkeys?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)