|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler is out of his mind.
(b) Tyler and Marla have met.
(c) Tyler must be sick.
(d) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
2. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
(a) She was going to commit suicide.
(b) She was not interested in the meetings any more.
(c) She had company coming over.
(d) She felt ill and wanted to stay in.
3. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(b) It had no tag on it.
(c) It was vibrating.
(d) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
4. What does Tyler sell that he makes using homemade ingredients?
5. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
6. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) He seems really sick too.
(b) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
(c) He is too skinny.
(d) That he does not love her.
7. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Hardened criminals.
(b) Guerilla terrorists.
(d) Gang leaders.
8. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
(a) To pay Tyler rent.
(b) To hit Tyler as hard as he can.
(c) Not to swindle Tyler.
(d) To help Tyler with a job.
9. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
(c) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(d) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
10. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
(a) That she would try to beat it.
(b) If she was dying she did not want to know.
(c) She would kill herself.
(d) That she would die within a month.
11. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Foul play.
(c) A gas leak.
(d) Both of these.
12. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A CD player.
(c) Ingredients for making a bomb.
(d) A razor.
13. Where does the narrator first meet Tyler Durden?
(a) A park.
(b) The beach.
(c) The city.
(d) On a plane.
14. What does Tyler tell the narrator he should do while he is being questioned on the phone?
(a) Remember that we are all dying.
(b) Stay true to Fight Club and not say a word.
(c) Not tell the person his name.
(d) Become truly free from consumer culture.
15. Following Tyler's and the narrator's first fight, what is the narrator preparing to do at work?
(a) Quit his job.
(b) Tell off his boss.
(c) Give a presentation.
(d) Go home sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
2. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
3. How does the narrator finally meet Marla Singer?
4. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
5. Following his first encounter with Tyler, which support group does the narrator visit?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)