|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) Bouquet of roses.
(b) Obscene pictures.
(c) A death threat.
(d) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
2. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(c) A parallel.
3. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
(a) She was going to commit suicide.
(b) She felt ill and wanted to stay in.
(c) She had company coming over.
(d) She was not interested in the meetings any more.
4. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
5. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
(c) No one.
6. When the narrator arrives at the meeting, Bob is there. What does Bob tell him?
(a) The group was disbanded.
(b) The group moved to a different location.
(c) Everyone died.
(d) They are in the wrong room.
7. What does Tyler sell that he makes using homemade ingredients?
8. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
(a) How they will be historically famous.
(b) His life story.
(c) His desire to return to the way things were.
(d) How Fight Club was all his idea.
9. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The police.
(c) The paramedics.
(d) The supervisor.
10. What does the person who calls the Paper Street house and questions the narrator tell him?
(a) He needs to come to the precinct.
(b) He is needed to identify a suspect.
(c) The police have some leads on what happened to his apartment.
(d) Not to leave town.
11. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
(a) His address.
(b) His phone number.
(c) A high five.
(d) His business card.
12. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
(a) Calls her family.
(b) Takes her to the hospital.
(c) Tells her funny stories.
(d) Gives her money to get treatment.
13. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
(b) Death threats.
14. What is the first rule of Fight Club?
(a) New members must fight their first time at Fight Club.
(b) To pay a Fight Club membership fee.
(c) To not bring new members to Fight Club.
(d) To not talk about Fight Club.
15. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(b) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
(c) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(d) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
2. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
3. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
4. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
5. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)