|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) Rock bottom.
(b) A new beginning.
(d) The end of life.
2. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
(c) Blood parasites.
(d) Brain parasites.
3. What support group does the narrator attend several months prior to the opening scene?
(a) Brain parasites.
(b) Brain cancer.
(c) Testicular cancer.
4. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
(a) Ground beef.
(b) Harvested fat.
(c) Donated blood.
(d) Chicken breasts.
5. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) Bouquet of roses.
(b) A death threat.
(c) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
(d) Obscene pictures.
6. Following Tyler's and the narrator's first fight, what is the narrator preparing to do at work?
(a) Quit his job.
(b) Go home sick.
(c) Tell off his boss.
(d) Give a presentation.
7. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) She has a chemical burn too.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her clothes are ripped and dirty.
(d) She seems tired and has not slept for days.
8. What does the person who calls the Paper Street house and questions the narrator tell him?
(a) He is needed to identify a suspect.
(b) He needs to come to the precinct.
(c) Not to leave town.
(d) The police have some leads on what happened to his apartment.
9. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She angrily chases him.
(b) She tells him it is a good idea.
(c) She slaps him in the face.
(d) She does not really care.
10. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Cuts it with a knife.
(b) Shakes it.
(c) Kisses it.
(d) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
11. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
(a) She was at the banquet he had just served.
(b) She called the house and he picked up.
(c) He bumped into her at a store.
(d) She was walking down Paper Street.
12. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The pain.
(b) The fear.
(c) The insanity.
(d) The hopelessness.
13. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They are never in the same room at the same time.
(b) They are always together.
(c) They are so similar.
(d) They wear the same clothes.
14. What does Tyler urinate into in the stopped elevator?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A bag of chips.
(c) A casserole.
(d) A bowl of soup.
15. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(b) Smoking a cigarette.
(c) Eating an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
2. What is in the narrator's mouth when the book opens?
3. What does the narrator recite while with Tyler?
4. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
5. Which member of the brain parasites support group does the narrator learn has died?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)