|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
(c) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(d) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
2. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
(a) Stock quotes.
(b) Insider trading tips.
(c) Impending lay-offs.
(d) Corrupt business practices.
3. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
(a) People from beyond.
(b) Prank callers.
(c) The I.R.S.
(d) The police.
4. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
(a) Prep cook.
5. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
(a) Tells her funny stories.
(b) Gives her money to get treatment.
(c) Calls her family.
(d) Takes her to the hospital.
6. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(b) Hardened criminals.
(c) Guerilla terrorists.
(d) Gang leaders.
7. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(b) Smoking a cigarette.
(d) Eating an apple.
8. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) Ingredients for making a bomb.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A CD player.
(d) A razor.
9. What are the people on the floors below Tyler and the narrator doing?
(a) Cleaning the offices.
(b) Checking the floors.
(c) Stealing office furniture.
(d) Throwing office furniture out of the window.
10. When the narrator arrives at the meeting, Bob is there. What does Bob tell him?
(a) They are in the wrong room.
(b) The group was disbanded.
(c) Everyone died.
(d) The group moved to a different location.
11. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The insanity.
(b) The pain.
(c) The hopelessness.
(d) The fear.
12. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
(d) Death threats.
13. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
(a) Crate & Barrel.
(b) Bed, Bath & Beyond.
(d) Thrift store.
14. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
(a) A list of membership fees for Fight Club.
(b) A list of Fight Club members.
(c) Locations for Fight Club.
(d) A list of rules for Fight Club.
15. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
(b) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(c) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
(d) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
3. Who are Tyler and the narrator serving at the banquet?
4. How does the narrator discover that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
5. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)