|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
(a) Thinks of calming scenery.
(b) Recalls a fond memory.
(c) Thinks about dying.
(d) Practices guided meditation.
2. What does the narrator realize about Fight Club over the next few weeks?
(a) No one is interested in Fight Club.
(b) He does not want to be a part of Fight Club.
(c) Tyler is crazy.
(d) People have been breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
3. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
(a) He was just there a minute ago.
(b) No one has ever seen him.
(c) He has never lost a fight.
(d) He has gone into hiding.
4. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
(c) Prep cook.
5. What did Tyler do to the hostess the first time he sabotaged a dinner party?
(a) Spat in her food.
(b) Burned the food.
(c) Exposed himself.
(d) Peed into a bottle of her perfume.
6. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
(a) Wrote her an anonymous note.
(b) Showed her pictures of the act.
(c) Left her clues.
(d) Drew her a picture.
7. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
(a) His boss read the date from the piece of paper.
(b) His boss only comes in on Tuesdays.
(c) His boss is wearing his gray tie.
(d) His boss is holding his Number One Boss mug.
8. How does the narrator discover that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
(a) He learns how popular it has become.
(b) He sees a lot of men with broken faces.
(c) He sees messages written on bathroom stalls about Fight Club.
(d) He sees flyers up for Fight Club.
9. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
(a) The cleaning people.
(b) The Members of the Mischief Committee.
(c) The security guards.
10. What does the person who calls the Paper Street house and questions the narrator tell him?
(a) He is needed to identify a suspect.
(b) Not to leave town.
(c) The police have some leads on what happened to his apartment.
(d) He needs to come to the precinct.
11. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Gang leaders.
(b) Hardened criminals.
(d) Guerilla terrorists.
12. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler and Marla have met.
(b) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(c) Tyler must be sick.
(d) Tyler is out of his mind.
13. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
(a) To hit Tyler as hard as he can.
(b) To pay Tyler rent.
(c) To help Tyler with a job.
(d) Not to swindle Tyler.
14. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(d) A parallel.
15. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
(a) The landlord.
(c) The F.B.I.
(d) A police detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler ask the narrator never to do concerning Marla?
2. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
3. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
4. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
5. What is the narrator's job title?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)