|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler and Marla have met.
(b) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(c) Tyler is out of his mind.
(d) Tyler must be sick.
2. When the narrator arrives at the meeting, Bob is there. What does Bob tell him?
(a) The group moved to a different location.
(b) They are in the wrong room.
(c) Everyone died.
(d) The group was disbanded.
3. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
(a) A waste of time.
4. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(a) No one.
5. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
(a) Fight Club.
(b) The condominium explosion.
(c) Tyler Durden.
(d) The Paper Street house.
6. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has a chemical burn too.
(c) She seems tired and has not slept for days.
(d) Her clothes are ripped and dirty.
7. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
(a) Wrote her an anonymous note.
(b) Left her clues.
(c) Drew her a picture.
(d) Showed her pictures of the act.
8. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
(a) How they will be historically famous.
(b) His life story.
(c) How Fight Club was all his idea.
(d) His desire to return to the way things were.
9. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
(a) Impending lay-offs.
(b) Insider trading tips.
(c) Stock quotes.
(d) Corrupt business practices.
10. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(a) Eating an apple.
(c) Smoking a cigarette.
11. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
(c) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(d) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
12. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It had no tag on it.
(b) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(c) It was vibrating.
(d) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
13. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(c) A parallel.
14. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) He seems really sick too.
(d) He is too skinny.
15. What does Marla ask the narrator to do for her at the Regent Hotel?
(a) Feel her breast for lumps.
(b) Take her to the hospital.
(c) Feel her forehead.
(d) Loan her money for surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
2. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
3. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
4. What does the narrator fantasize about when traveling for his job?
5. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)