|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
(a) That she would die within a month.
(b) If she was dying she did not want to know.
(c) That she would try to beat it.
(d) She would kill herself.
2. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Shakes it.
(b) Kisses it.
(c) Cuts it with a knife.
(d) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
3. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(b) A parallel.
4. What is the narrator's job title?
(a) Chief Executive Officer.
(b) Recall Campaign Coordinator.
(c) Chief Financial Officer.
(d) Administrative Campaign Coordinator.
5. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
(b) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
(c) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
(d) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
6. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
(a) She had company coming over.
(b) She felt ill and wanted to stay in.
(c) She was not interested in the meetings any more.
(d) She was going to commit suicide.
7. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(b) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(c) It was vibrating.
(d) It had no tag on it.
8. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) Obscene pictures.
(b) A death threat.
(c) Bouquet of roses.
(d) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
9. What does the narrator realize about Fight Club over the next few weeks?
(a) Tyler is crazy.
(b) No one is interested in Fight Club.
(c) People have been breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
(d) He does not want to be a part of Fight Club.
10. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
(c) No one.
11. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
(d) Death threats.
12. Who are Tyler and the narrator serving at the banquet?
(b) A labor union.
(d) Elderly people.
13. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) City Hall.
(b) The Parker-Morris Building.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The Tasker-Morris Building.
14. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
(a) A high five.
(b) His phone number.
(c) His business card.
(d) His address.
15. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
(a) No one can help the narrator but himself.
(b) Someday the narrator will die.
(c) The narrator can transcend death if he wants to.
(d) No one cares about the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
2. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
3. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
4. What support group does the narrator attend several months prior to the opening scene?
5. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)