|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They wear the same clothes.
(b) They are always together.
(c) They are so similar.
(d) They are never in the same room at the same time.
2. Following his first encounter with Tyler, which support group does the narrator visit?
(a) Blood parasites.
(b) Brain cancer.
(c) Brain parasites.
(d) Testicular cancer.
3. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
(b) Death threats.
4. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(b) A condom.
5. What is the narrator's job title?
(a) Chief Executive Officer.
(b) Recall Campaign Coordinator.
(c) Administrative Campaign Coordinator.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
6. What is the narrator suffering from at the time he goes to this support group?
(d) Memory loss.
7. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
8. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
(a) Left her clues.
(b) Showed her pictures of the act.
(c) Wrote her an anonymous note.
(d) Drew her a picture.
9. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) Obscene pictures.
(b) A death threat.
(c) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
(d) Bouquet of roses.
10. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(b) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
(c) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
(d) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
11. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Guerilla terrorists.
(c) Hardened criminals.
(d) Gang leaders.
12. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
(b) A waste of time.
13. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
(a) To pay Tyler rent.
(b) To hit Tyler as hard as he can.
(c) To help Tyler with a job.
(d) Not to swindle Tyler.
14. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
(a) Someone's apartment caught fire.
(b) His apartment is being fumigated.
(c) His apartment exploded.
(d) His apartment was burglarized.
15. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) A CD player.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A razor.
(d) Ingredients for making a bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
2. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
3. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
4. What is in the narrator's mouth when the book opens?
5. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)