|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler ask the narrator never to do concerning Marla?
(a) Talk to her about Tyler.
(b) Be nice to her.
(c) Offer her anything.
(d) Let her stay too long.
2. What are the articles about that the narrator reads to distract himself?
(a) Human organs talking in the first person.
(b) Medical problems.
(c) Animal organs.
(d) Human organs talking to other human organs.
3. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(b) Brain parasites.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) Lung cancer.
4. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) A CD player.
(b) Ingredients for making a bomb.
(c) A razor.
(d) A bomb.
5. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
6. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Foul play.
(d) A gas leak.
7. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
(a) Gives her money to get treatment.
(b) Tells her funny stories.
(c) Takes her to the hospital.
(d) Calls her family.
8. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(b) Got Tyler fired.
(c) Cried in the bathroom.
(d) Complained to the caterer.
9. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
(a) His business card.
(b) A high five.
(c) His address.
(d) His phone number.
10. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) Her clothes are ripped and dirty.
(b) She has a chemical burn too.
(c) She seems tired and has not slept for days.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
(a) People from beyond.
(b) The I.R.S.
(c) Prank callers.
(d) The police.
12. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was vibrating.
(b) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(c) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(d) It had no tag on it.
13. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
(a) He has gone into hiding.
(b) He was just there a minute ago.
(c) No one has ever seen him.
(d) He has never lost a fight.
14. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Gathering seashells.
(c) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
(d) Sun tanning.
15. What is the narrator's job title?
(a) Chief Financial Officer.
(b) Chief Executive Officer.
(c) Recall Campaign Coordinator.
(d) Administrative Campaign Coordinator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
2. What are the people on the floors below Tyler and the narrator doing?
3. What did Tyler do to the hostess the first time he sabotaged a dinner party?
4. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
5. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)