|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
(c) Death threats.
2. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
(a) He has gone into hiding.
(b) He was just there a minute ago.
(c) He has never lost a fight.
(d) No one has ever seen him.
3. What did Tyler do to the hostess the first time he sabotaged a dinner party?
(a) Burned the food.
(b) Peed into a bottle of her perfume.
(c) Spat in her food.
(d) Exposed himself.
4. What are the people on the floors below Tyler and the narrator doing?
(a) Stealing office furniture.
(b) Throwing office furniture out of the window.
(c) Cleaning the offices.
(d) Checking the floors.
5. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
(c) Cuts it with a knife.
(d) Shakes it.
6. Where does the narrator first meet Tyler Durden?
(a) A park.
(b) The beach.
(c) On a plane.
(d) The city.
7. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) He is too skinny.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) He seems really sick too.
(d) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
8. Following Tyler's and the narrator's first fight, what is the narrator preparing to do at work?
(a) Tell off his boss.
(b) Go home sick.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Give a presentation.
9. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
10. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
(a) The narrator can transcend death if he wants to.
(b) No one can help the narrator but himself.
(c) Someday the narrator will die.
(d) No one cares about the narrator.
11. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
(c) Sun tanning.
(d) Gathering seashells.
12. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
(b) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(c) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
(d) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
13. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) Obscene pictures.
(b) A death threat.
(c) Bouquet of roses.
(d) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
14. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
(a) Because there is a psycho in the office.
(b) Because it is not his property.
(c) Because he will not be able to join Fight Club then.
(d) Because he will press charges.
15. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
(a) The security guards.
(c) The cleaning people.
(d) The Members of the Mischief Committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
2. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
3. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
4. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
5. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)