|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
(a) Someday the narrator will die.
(b) No one cares about the narrator.
(c) No one can help the narrator but himself.
(d) The narrator can transcend death if he wants to.
2. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
(a) Prep cook.
3. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
(a) Always Together, Always men.
(b) Men United.
(c) Men Alone Are Men Divided.
(d) Remaining Men Together.
4. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
(a) He has gone into hiding.
(b) He was just there a minute ago.
(c) He has never lost a fight.
(d) No one has ever seen him.
5. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
(b) Bed, Bath & Beyond.
(c) Crate & Barrel.
(d) Thrift store.
6. What is the first rule of Fight Club?
(a) To not talk about Fight Club.
(b) To pay a Fight Club membership fee.
(c) New members must fight their first time at Fight Club.
(d) To not bring new members to Fight Club.
7. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
(a) His desire to return to the way things were.
(b) How they will be historically famous.
(c) How Fight Club was all his idea.
(d) His life story.
8. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Brain parasites.
9. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler must be sick.
(b) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(c) Tyler and Marla have met.
(d) Tyler is out of his mind.
10. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
(b) A waste of time.
11. What does Tyler urinate into in the stopped elevator?
(a) A bowl of soup.
(b) A bag of chips.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A casserole.
12. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Gathering seashells.
(c) Sun tanning.
(d) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
13. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
(b) A memorial for the passed member.
(c) Guided meditation.
14. What does Tyler ask the narrator never to do concerning Marla?
(a) Be nice to her.
(b) Let her stay too long.
(c) Talk to her about Tyler.
(d) Offer her anything.
15. What are the articles about that the narrator reads to distract himself?
(a) Medical problems.
(b) Animal organs.
(c) Human organs talking in the first person.
(d) Human organs talking to other human organs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator finally meet Marla Singer?
2. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
3. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
4. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
5. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)