|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think about while Bob is reciting the rules of Fight Club?
(a) How Tyler found the time to hold other Fight Club meetings.
(b) Why Tyler did not assign him to start other Fight Clubs.
(c) How Tyler is getting so many people interested in Fight Club.
(d) Why Tyler does not tell him anything.
2. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The hopelessness.
(b) The insanity.
(c) The pain.
(d) The fear.
3. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
(a) That she would try to beat it.
(b) If she was dying she did not want to know.
(c) That she would die within a month.
(d) She would kill herself.
4. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Went to the public clinic.
(b) Wrote out her will.
(c) Called her mother.
(d) Saw her family's practitioner.
5. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
(b) He seems really sick too.
(c) He is too skinny.
(d) That he does not love her.
6. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
(c) No one.
7. Who are Tyler and the narrator serving at the banquet?
(a) A labor union.
(c) Elderly people.
8. What are the articles about that the narrator reads to distract himself?
(a) Animal organs.
(b) Human organs talking to other human organs.
(c) Human organs talking in the first person.
(d) Medical problems.
9. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
(a) Locations for Fight Club.
(b) A list of Fight Club members.
(c) A list of membership fees for Fight Club.
(d) A list of rules for Fight Club.
10. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
(b) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
(c) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
(d) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
11. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
(b) Prep cook.
12. What does the narrator fantasize about when traveling for his job?
(d) A different job.
13. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(a) Smoking a cigarette.
(c) Eating an apple.
14. What does the narrator realize about Fight Club over the next few weeks?
(a) No one is interested in Fight Club.
(b) He does not want to be a part of Fight Club.
(c) Tyler is crazy.
(d) People have been breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
15. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
2. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
3. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
4. What is the narrator's job title?
5. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)