|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The pain.
(b) The insanity.
(c) The fear.
(d) The hopelessness.
2. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Foul play.
(c) Both of these.
(d) A gas leak.
3. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
(a) The police.
(b) People from beyond.
(c) The I.R.S.
(d) Prank callers.
4. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
(a) Men Alone Are Men Divided.
(b) Remaining Men Together.
(c) Men United.
(d) Always Together, Always men.
5. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
(b) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
(c) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(d) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
6. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She tells him it is a good idea.
(b) She angrily chases him.
(c) She does not really care.
(d) She slaps him in the face.
7. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
(a) Calls her family.
(b) Takes her to the hospital.
(c) Gives her money to get treatment.
(d) Tells her funny stories.
8. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) A new beginning.
(b) The end of life.
(c) Rock bottom.
9. Where does the narrator first meet Tyler Durden?
(a) The beach.
(b) The city.
(c) A park.
(d) On a plane.
10. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
(a) Brain parasites.
(d) Blood parasites.
11. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
(a) A high five.
(b) His business card.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His address.
12. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They are never in the same room at the same time.
(b) They are so similar.
(c) They are always together.
(d) They wear the same clothes.
13. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
(a) Ground beef.
(b) Chicken breasts.
(c) Donated blood.
(d) Harvested fat.
14. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(d) No one.
15. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
2. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
3. Who are Tyler and the narrator serving at the banquet?
4. What does Bob tell the narrator about Tyler?
5. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)