|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler must be sick.
(b) Tyler is out of his mind.
(c) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(d) Tyler and Marla have met.
2. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Brain parasites.
3. After the narrator calls Tyler for the first time, what do the two of them decide to do?
(a) Grab a couple beers.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Go back to Tyler's place.
(d) Go out to dinner.
4. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) Ingredients for making a bomb.
(b) A razor.
(c) A CD player.
(d) A bomb.
5. What does the narrator dream about after calling Marla to ask if she was going to the support group meeting?
(a) Having sex with Marla.
(b) Moving out of the Paper Street house.
(c) Going to Fight Club.
(d) Killing Marla.
6. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
7. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Sun tanning.
(b) Gathering seashells.
(c) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
8. What does Tyler ask the narrator never to do concerning Marla?
(a) Offer her anything.
(b) Be nice to her.
(c) Let her stay too long.
(d) Talk to her about Tyler.
9. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(b) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(c) It was vibrating.
(d) It had no tag on it.
10. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Wrote out her will.
(b) Saw her family's practitioner.
(c) Called her mother.
(d) Went to the public clinic.
11. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
(a) The cleaning people.
(b) The security guards.
(c) The Members of the Mischief Committee.
12. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(b) Cried in the bathroom.
(c) Got Tyler fired.
(d) Complained to the caterer.
13. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has a chemical burn too.
(c) She seems tired and has not slept for days.
(d) Her clothes are ripped and dirty.
14. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
(b) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
(c) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
(d) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
15. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
(a) She had company coming over.
(b) She was going to commit suicide.
(c) She felt ill and wanted to stay in.
(d) She was not interested in the meetings any more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
2. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
3. What does Tyler tell the narrator he should do while he is being questioned on the phone?
4. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
5. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)