|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler urinate into in the stopped elevator?
(a) A bowl of soup.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A casserole.
(d) A bag of chips.
2. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Guerilla terrorists.
(b) Hardened criminals.
(d) Gang leaders.
3. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Saw her family's practitioner.
(b) Went to the public clinic.
(c) Wrote out her will.
(d) Called her mother.
4. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(b) A condom.
5. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Parker-Morris Building.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The Tasker-Morris Building.
(d) City Hall.
6. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
(a) The police.
(b) The paramedics.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The supervisor.
7. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) A razor.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A CD player.
(d) Ingredients for making a bomb.
8. What is in the narrator's mouth when the book opens?
(a) A gun.
(c) Chewing gum.
9. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The insanity.
(b) The pain.
(c) The hopelessness.
(d) The fear.
10. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
(a) To hit Tyler as hard as he can.
(b) To pay Tyler rent.
(c) To help Tyler with a job.
(d) Not to swindle Tyler.
11. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She does not really care.
(b) She tells him it is a good idea.
(c) She slaps him in the face.
(d) She angrily chases him.
12. What does Marla notice about the narrator while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) Tyler's chemical burn on his hand.
(b) That he does not love her.
(c) He seems really sick too.
(d) He is too skinny.
13. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
(a) Blood parasites.
(c) Brain parasites.
14. Which member of the brain parasites support group does the narrator learn has died?
(d) No one.
15. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
(a) His apartment exploded.
(b) His apartment is being fumigated.
(c) His apartment was burglarized.
(d) Someone's apartment caught fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
2. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
3. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
4. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
5. What does Marla ask the narrator to do for her at the Regent Hotel?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)