|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator arrives at the meeting, Bob is there. What does Bob tell him?
(a) The group moved to a different location.
(b) Everyone died.
(c) The group was disbanded.
(d) They are in the wrong room.
2. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
(a) His address.
(b) His phone number.
(c) A high five.
(d) His business card.
3. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(a) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
(c) Gathering seashells.
(d) Sun tanning.
4. Who are Tyler and the narrator serving at the banquet?
(c) A labor union.
(d) Elderly people.
5. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
(c) Shakes it.
(d) Cuts it with a knife.
6. What meeting does the narrator attend when his insomnia returns?
(a) Men Alone Are Men Divided.
(b) Men United.
(c) Always Together, Always men.
(d) Remaining Men Together.
7. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(b) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
(c) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
(d) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
8. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler must be sick.
(b) Tyler and Marla have met.
(c) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(d) Tyler is out of his mind.
9. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
(a) A list of membership fees for Fight Club.
(b) A list of Fight Club members.
(c) A list of rules for Fight Club.
(d) Locations for Fight Club.
10. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Gang leaders.
(b) Guerilla terrorists.
(d) Hardened criminals.
11. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
(a) No one cares about the narrator.
(b) No one can help the narrator but himself.
(c) Someday the narrator will die.
(d) The narrator can transcend death if he wants to.
12. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Complained to the caterer.
(b) Got Tyler fired.
(c) Cried in the bathroom.
(d) Destroyed all of the bottles.
13. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(d) No one.
14. What does Marla ask the narrator to do for her at the Regent Hotel?
(a) Loan her money for surgery.
(b) Take her to the hospital.
(c) Feel her forehead.
(d) Feel her breast for lumps.
15. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A gas leak.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Foul play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
2. Where does the narrator first meet Tyler Durden?
3. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
4. Following his first encounter with Tyler, which support group does the narrator visit?
5. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)