|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator recite while with Tyler?
(a) Different ways to make explosives.
(b) Different places to find explosives.
(c) Different ways to defuse an explosive.
(d) Different kinds of explosives.
2. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
(a) The security guards.
(b) The cleaning people.
(d) The Members of the Mischief Committee.
3. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler and Marla have met.
(b) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
(c) Tyler must be sick.
(d) Tyler is out of his mind.
4. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(c) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
(d) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
5. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
(a) Chicken breasts.
(b) Donated blood.
(c) Ground beef.
(d) Harvested fat.
6. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Guerilla terrorists.
(b) Gang leaders.
(c) Hardened criminals.
7. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(b) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(c) It had no tag on it.
(d) It was vibrating.
8. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
(b) A death threat.
(c) Bouquet of roses.
(d) Obscene pictures.
9. What does the narrator dream about after calling Marla to ask if she was going to the support group meeting?
(a) Killing Marla.
(b) Going to Fight Club.
(c) Moving out of the Paper Street house.
(d) Having sex with Marla.
10. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
(a) A list of Fight Club members.
(b) A list of membership fees for Fight Club.
(c) Locations for Fight Club.
(d) A list of rules for Fight Club.
11. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(d) No one.
12. What does Tyler tell the narrator about how he met Maria?
(a) She was at the banquet he had just served.
(b) She was walking down Paper Street.
(c) She called the house and he picked up.
(d) He bumped into her at a store.
13. What is the narrator suffering from at the time he goes to this support group?
(b) Memory loss.
14. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
(b) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
(c) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
(d) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
15. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She angrily chases him.
(b) She does not really care.
(c) She tells him it is a good idea.
(d) She slaps him in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
2. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
3. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
4. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
5. What does the narrator think about while Bob is reciting the rules of Fight Club?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)