|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) A condom.
2. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
(a) How Fight Club was all his idea.
(b) How they will be historically famous.
(c) His life story.
(d) His desire to return to the way things were.
3. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
(a) The security guards.
(b) The Members of the Mischief Committee.
(d) The cleaning people.
4. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
(a) Gives her money to get treatment.
(b) Tells her funny stories.
(c) Calls her family.
(d) Takes her to the hospital.
5. What does the narrator notice about Marla while he is at the Regent Hotel with her?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Her clothes are ripped and dirty.
(c) She seems tired and has not slept for days.
(d) She has a chemical burn too.
6. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
(a) Stock quotes.
(b) Insider trading tips.
(c) Corrupt business practices.
(d) Impending lay-offs.
7. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(a) Breast cancer.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Brain parasites.
8. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) The end of life.
(b) A new beginning.
(c) Rock bottom.
9. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
(b) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
(c) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(d) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
10. What is the narrator's job title?
(a) Administrative Campaign Coordinator.
(b) Chief Executive Officer.
(c) Chief Financial Officer.
(d) Recall Campaign Coordinator.
11. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Complained to the caterer.
(b) Cried in the bathroom.
(c) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(d) Got Tyler fired.
12. What does Tyler tell the narrator he should do while he is being questioned on the phone?
(a) Not tell the person his name.
(b) Become truly free from consumer culture.
(c) Stay true to Fight Club and not say a word.
(d) Remember that we are all dying.
13. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) Bouquet of roses.
(b) Obscene pictures.
(c) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
(d) A death threat.
14. The narrator tells his boss to be careful who he shows the piece of paper to. What reason does he give for this?
(a) Because he will press charges.
(b) Because there is a psycho in the office.
(c) Because he will not be able to join Fight Club then.
(d) Because it is not his property.
15. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(b) It had no tag on it.
(c) It was vibrating.
(d) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
2. What does the narrator dream about after calling Marla to ask if she was going to the support group meeting?
3. Who starts calling the Paper Street house and asking the narrator questions?
4. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
5. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)