|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marla decide about cancer after finding her first lump?
(a) That she would die within a month.
(b) She would kill herself.
(c) If she was dying she did not want to know.
(d) That she would try to beat it.
2. What does the narrator fantasize about when traveling for his job?
(b) A different job.
3. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
(a) Someone's apartment caught fire.
(b) His apartment was burglarized.
(c) His apartment is being fumigated.
(d) His apartment exploded.
4. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
(a) His boss is holding his Number One Boss mug.
(b) His boss only comes in on Tuesdays.
(c) His boss is wearing his gray tie.
(d) His boss read the date from the piece of paper.
5. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
(a) Prep cook.
6. What are the people on the floors below Tyler and the narrator doing?
(a) Checking the floors.
(b) Cleaning the offices.
(c) Stealing office furniture.
(d) Throwing office furniture out of the window.
7. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
(c) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(d) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
8. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(a) Eating an apple.
(d) Smoking a cigarette.
9. How does the narrator finally meet Marla Singer?
(a) In a group poetry session.
(b) After the meeting.
(c) In a group prayer.
(d) In a therapeutic physical contact session.
10. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was vibrating.
(b) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(c) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(d) It had no tag on it.
11. How does the narrator discover that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
(a) He sees flyers up for Fight Club.
(b) He sees a lot of men with broken faces.
(c) He learns how popular it has become.
(d) He sees messages written on bathroom stalls about Fight Club.
12. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She does not really care.
(b) She slaps him in the face.
(c) She tells him it is a good idea.
(d) She angrily chases him.
13. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
(b) Shakes it.
(c) Cuts it with a knife.
(d) Kisses it.
14. Following Tyler's and the narrator's first fight, what is the narrator preparing to do at work?
(a) Go home sick.
(b) Give a presentation.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Tell off his boss.
15. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
3. What did Tyler do to the hostess the first time he sabotaged a dinner party?
4. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
5. What does the narrator think about while Bob is reciting the rules of Fight Club?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)