|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
(a) She does not really care.
(b) She slaps him in the face.
(c) She tells him it is a good idea.
(d) She angrily chases him.
2. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
(a) Takes her to the hospital.
(b) Calls her family.
(c) Gives her money to get treatment.
(d) Tells her funny stories.
3. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
(a) Drew her a picture.
(b) Left her clues.
(c) Showed her pictures of the act.
(d) Wrote her an anonymous note.
4. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) A razor.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A CD player.
(d) Ingredients for making a bomb.
5. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Went to the public clinic.
(b) Wrote out her will.
(c) Saw her family's practitioner.
(d) Called her mother.
6. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Gang leaders.
(b) Guerilla terrorists.
(c) Hardened criminals.
7. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
(a) No one cares about the narrator.
(b) Someday the narrator will die.
(c) The narrator can transcend death if he wants to.
(d) No one can help the narrator but himself.
8. What does the narrator realize about Fight Club over the next few weeks?
(a) People have been breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
(b) Tyler is crazy.
(c) He does not want to be a part of Fight Club.
(d) No one is interested in Fight Club.
9. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They wear the same clothes.
(b) They are so similar.
(c) They are never in the same room at the same time.
(d) They are always together.
10. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A gas leak.
(d) Foul play.
11. What did Tyler put on the back of the narrator's hand?
12. How does the narrator discover that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
(a) He learns how popular it has become.
(b) He sees a lot of men with broken faces.
(c) He sees messages written on bathroom stalls about Fight Club.
(d) He sees flyers up for Fight Club.
13. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The Tasker-Morris Building.
(c) The Parker-Morris Building.
(d) City Hall.
14. After the narrator calls Tyler for the first time, what do the two of them decide to do?
(a) Go back to Tyler's place.
(b) Go out to dinner.
(c) Grab a couple beers.
(d) Go to a movie.
15. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
(a) The paramedics.
(b) The police.
(c) The supervisor.
(d) The neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's boss find in the copy machine that he reads to the narrator?
2. Where does the narrator first meet Tyler Durden?
3. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
4. What does the narrator do to distract himself while Tyler is burning his hand?
5. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)