|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tyler doing when the narrator first sees him?
(b) Gathering seashells.
(c) Sun tanning.
(d) Making a sculpture with driftwood.
2. How does the narrator finally meet Marla Singer?
(a) In a group poetry session.
(b) In a therapeutic physical contact session.
(c) In a group prayer.
(d) After the meeting.
3. How does the narrator discover that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
(a) He sees messages written on bathroom stalls about Fight Club.
(b) He sees a lot of men with broken faces.
(c) He learns how popular it has become.
(d) He sees flyers up for Fight Club.
4. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
(c) A waste of time.
5. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Cuts it with a knife.
(c) Shakes it.
(d) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
6. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
(a) No one.
7. What did Tyler send Marla's mother that the narrator is confused about?
(a) A death threat.
(b) Bouquet of roses.
(c) Obscene pictures.
(d) 15 lb. box of chocolates.
8. What brand is the narrator's furniture that is out in the street?
(a) Bed, Bath & Beyond.
(b) Thrift store.
(d) Crate & Barrel.
9. Where are Tyler and the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) City Hall.
(c) The Tasker-Morris Building.
(d) The Parker-Morris Building.
10. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
(a) "Hideously wrinkled, please help!"
(b) "Broke and hungry, please help!"
(c) "Depressed and lonely, please help!"
(d) "Cannot live like this, please help!"
11. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(a) A parallel.
12. What does the person who calls the Paper Street house and questions the narrator tell him?
(a) Not to leave town.
(b) He is needed to identify a suspect.
(c) He needs to come to the precinct.
(d) The police have some leads on what happened to his apartment.
13. Why is one of the narrator's bags delayed at the airport?
(a) It was sent to the wrong baggage claim.
(b) It was stopped by a narcotics dog.
(c) It was vibrating.
(d) It had no tag on it.
14. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(c) No one.
15. What does Tyler remind the narrator of while his hand is burning?
(a) No one cares about the narrator.
(b) The narrator can transcend death if he wants to.
(c) No one can help the narrator but himself.
(d) Someday the narrator will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
2. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
3. What does the person calling the Paper Street house ask the narrator about?
4. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
5. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)