|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
(c) Guided meditation.
(d) A memorial for the passed member.
2. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) Foul play.
(b) A gas leak.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What does the narrator listen to Tyler recount while he is being held captive by Tyler?
(a) How Fight Club was all his idea.
(b) His life story.
(c) His desire to return to the way things were.
(d) How they will be historically famous.
4. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
(a) His business card.
(b) His phone number.
(c) His address.
(d) A high five.
5. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
(a) The police.
(b) The supervisor.
(c) The paramedics.
(d) The neighbors.
6. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
(a) To pay Tyler rent.
(b) To help Tyler with a job.
(c) To hit Tyler as hard as he can.
(d) Not to swindle Tyler.
7. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
(a) A razor.
(b) A CD player.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Ingredients for making a bomb.
8. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(d) A condom.
9. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
(a) She was going to commit suicide.
(b) She was not interested in the meetings any more.
(c) She had company coming over.
(d) She felt ill and wanted to stay in.
10. What does the narrator dream about after calling Marla to ask if she was going to the support group meeting?
(a) Going to Fight Club.
(b) Moving out of the Paper Street house.
(c) Killing Marla.
(d) Having sex with Marla.
11. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) Rock bottom.
(b) A new beginning.
(d) The end of life.
12. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(d) A parallel.
13. How does the narrator discover that the first two rules of Fight Club are being broken?
(a) He sees messages written on bathroom stalls about Fight Club.
(b) He sees flyers up for Fight Club.
(c) He sees a lot of men with broken faces.
(d) He learns how popular it has become.
14. What does Marla say she did after finding the first lump on her breast?
(a) Went to the public clinic.
(b) Wrote out her will.
(c) Saw her family's practitioner.
(d) Called her mother.
15. What did Tyler do to the hostess the first time he sabotaged a dinner party?
(a) Exposed himself.
(b) Spat in her food.
(c) Peed into a bottle of her perfume.
(d) Burned the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
2. How did Tyler alert the hostess about what he did to her bottle of perfume?
3. What are the articles about that the narrator reads to distract himself?
4. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
5. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)