|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
(c) A waste of time.
2. What is in the narrator's mouth when the book opens?
(a) A gun.
(d) Chewing gum.
3. What does the narrator realize about Fight Club over the next few weeks?
(a) He does not want to be a part of Fight Club.
(b) People have been breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
(c) Tyler is crazy.
(d) No one is interested in Fight Club.
4. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(a) A parallel.
5. What does Tyler sell that he makes using homemade ingredients?
6. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) A gas leak.
(b) Foul play.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
7. How does the narrator realize it is Tuesday while his boss reads from the paper he found in the copy machine?
(a) His boss is wearing his gray tie.
(b) His boss read the date from the piece of paper.
(c) His boss is holding his Number One Boss mug.
(d) His boss only comes in on Tuesdays.
8. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
(b) A memorial for the passed member.
(c) Guided meditation.
9. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(c) A condom.
10. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
(d) Death threats.
11. Following his first encounter with Tyler, which support group does the narrator visit?
(a) Testicular cancer.
(b) Brain parasites.
(c) Blood parasites.
(d) Brain cancer.
12. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Gang leaders.
(c) Guerilla terrorists.
(d) Hardened criminals.
13. Where does the narrator first meet Tyler Durden?
(a) On a plane.
(b) A park.
(c) The city.
(d) The beach.
14. What did the hostess do when Tyler told her about the pee in the perfume bottle?
(a) Cried in the bathroom.
(b) Destroyed all of the bottles.
(c) Got Tyler fired.
(d) Complained to the caterer.
15. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They are never in the same room at the same time.
(b) They are always together.
(c) They wear the same clothes.
(d) They are so similar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the telegram that Tyler sent Marla's mother say?
2. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
3. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
4. How does the narrator finally meet Marla Singer?
5. What did security find in the narrator's bag?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)