Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What support group does the narrator attend several months prior to the opening scene?
(a) Brain parasites.
(c) Testicular cancer.
(d) Brain cancer.
2. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
(c) No one.
3. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
(a) His apartment is being fumigated.
(b) Someone's apartment caught fire.
(c) His apartment exploded.
(d) His apartment was burglarized.
4. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(b) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(c) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
(d) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
5. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(a) Gang leaders.
(c) Hardened criminals.
(d) Guerilla terrorists.
6. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(d) A condom.
7. What does Marla store in the freezer for Tyler that belonged to her mother?
(a) Harvested fat.
(b) Chicken breasts.
(c) Donated blood.
(d) Ground beef.
8. What is the narrator suffering from at the time he goes to this support group?
(a) Memory loss.
9. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
(a) People from beyond.
(b) Prank callers.
(c) The I.R.S.
(d) The police.
10. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
(c) Prep cook.
11. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(b) A parallel.
12. What is the first rule of Fight Club?
(a) New members must fight their first time at Fight Club.
(b) To pay a Fight Club membership fee.
(c) To not bring new members to Fight Club.
(d) To not talk about Fight Club.
13. What does Tyler tell the narrator he should do while he is being questioned on the phone?
(a) Not tell the person his name.
(b) Stay true to Fight Club and not say a word.
(c) Become truly free from consumer culture.
(d) Remember that we are all dying.
14. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(b) No one.
15. What does the narrator start faxing to his coworkers?
(c) Death threats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Tyler's and the narrator's first fight, what is the narrator preparing to do at work?
2. Who are on the floors below Tyler and the narrator in the opening scene of the book?
3. What does the narrator call his life of travel for his job?
4. What does the narrator recite while with Tyler?
5. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)