|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Marla say she thought the people calling her and not saying anything were?
(a) The I.R.S.
(b) Prank callers.
(c) The police.
(d) People from beyond.
2. What does the narrator learn about through his job?
(a) Insider trading tips.
(b) Stock quotes.
(c) Impending lay-offs.
(d) Corrupt business practices.
3. What is the narrator suffering from at the time he goes to this support group?
(d) Memory loss.
4. What does Marla think she has when she urgently asks the narrator to come to the Regent Hotel?
(a) Breast cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Brain parasites.
5. What does the narrator participate in at the brain parasites meeting?
(a) Guided meditation.
(c) A memorial for the passed member.
6. What is the narrator's job title?
(a) Chief Financial Officer.
(b) Chief Executive Officer.
(c) Administrative Campaign Coordinator.
(d) Recall Campaign Coordinator.
7. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They are never in the same room at the same time.
(b) They are always together.
(c) They are so similar.
(d) They wear the same clothes.
8. What does the narrator describe as anarchy, guns and an explosion?
(a) The narrator, Tyler and Fight Club.
(b) Tyler, Marla and Fight Club.
(c) The narrator, Tyler and Marla.
(d) The narrator, Marla and Fight Club.
9. What do the police suspect caused the damage to the narrator's apartment?
(a) Foul play.
(b) A gas leak.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
10. What does the narrator fantasize about when traveling for his job?
(b) A different job.
11. What does the narrator take delight in calling himself and Tyler at the banquet?
(b) Guerilla terrorists.
(c) Gang leaders.
(d) Hardened criminals.
12. What literary device does the narrator use to tell the story that led up to this moment?
(c) A parallel.
13. What does Tyler ask the narrator never to do concerning Marla?
(a) Let her stay too long.
(b) Talk to her about Tyler.
(c) Be nice to her.
(d) Offer her anything.
14. What does Tyler tell the narrator he will be one step closer to by realizing his mortality?
(a) The end of life.
(c) Rock bottom.
(d) A new beginning.
15. Why does the narrator's boss not allow him to do what he was planning to do?
(a) Because the boss wants to do the job himself.
(b) Because the narrator's face is bloodied and stitched up.
(c) Because the narrator does not look visibly ill.
(d) Because the narrator has a bad attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tyler's job when he first did something like sabotaging a dinner party?
2. What does Tyler give the narrator after they meet?
3. What does the narrator find in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
4. Who thwarts the narrator's attempts to find relief at the support groups?
5. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)