|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marla tell the narrator was her reason for not wanting to go to the support group meeting?
(a) She was not interested in the meetings any more.
(b) She had company coming over.
(c) She was going to commit suicide.
(d) She felt ill and wanted to stay in.
2. What is the favor Tyler asks of the narrator after agreeing to let the narrator stay with him?
(a) To help Tyler with a job.
(b) To pay Tyler rent.
(c) To hit Tyler as hard as he can.
(d) Not to swindle Tyler.
3. What does Tyler do to the narrator's hand?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Shakes it.
(c) Sears a chemical burn onto it.
(d) Cuts it with a knife.
4. What does the narrator realize about Fight Club over the next few weeks?
(a) He does not want to be a part of Fight Club.
(b) No one is interested in Fight Club.
(c) People have been breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
(d) Tyler is crazy.
5. Whom does the narrator meet at this support group?
(d) No one.
6. What does the narrator recite while with Tyler?
(a) Different kinds of explosives.
(b) Different ways to defuse an explosive.
(c) Different ways to make explosives.
(d) Different places to find explosives.
7. What are the people on the floors below Tyler and the narrator doing?
(a) Checking the floors.
(b) Stealing office furniture.
(c) Cleaning the offices.
(d) Throwing office furniture out of the window.
8. Why does the narrator wonder if Tyler and Marla are the same person?
(a) They are always together.
(b) They are never in the same room at the same time.
(c) They wear the same clothes.
(d) They are so similar.
9. When the narrator recalls calling Marla to ask if she was going to a meeting, which support group was he asking about?
(a) Blood parasites.
(d) Brain parasites.
10. After the narrator calls Tyler for the first time, what do the two of them decide to do?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Go back to Tyler's place.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Grab a couple beers.
11. What is Marla doing in the narrator's mind during the support meeting?
(a) Smoking a cigarette.
(b) Eating an apple.
12. What does Tyler urge the narrator to realize while his hand is burning?
(a) The fear.
(b) The hopelessness.
(c) The pain.
(d) The insanity.
13. What does the narrator discover has happened when he returns home?
(a) His apartment exploded.
(b) Someone's apartment caught fire.
(c) His apartment was burglarized.
(d) His apartment is being fumigated.
14. What does the narrator infer when he sees what is in the toilet at the Paper Street house?
(a) Tyler must be sick.
(b) Tyler and Marla have met.
(c) Tyler is out of his mind.
(d) The narrator must have been sick during the night.
15. Which member of the brain parasites support group does the narrator learn has died?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marla do when the narrator tells her the fat is used to make soap?
2. What does the narrator do to cheer Marla up about the lump he found on her breast?
3. What did Tyler do to the hostess the first time he sabotaged a dinner party?
4. What is in the narrator's mouth when the book opens?
5. Who came to the Regent Hotel after Tyler picked up Marla?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)