|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dunstan's priest friend is tolerated by the other Jesuits because he is what?
2. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
3. Boy describes sex as if it were what sporting event?
4. Before being able to write Boy's autobiography, Dunstan suffers from what health issue?
5. Boy makes a fortune during what time period because he specializes in providing bulky, comforting and cheap food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Padre Blazon, after hearing about Mary Dempster's life and death from Dunstan, believe she is a hero in God's cause?
2. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
3. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
4. Why does Dunstan feel that Boy is using him in his entourage?
5. What happens to the young men that Boy takes under his wing in his company as prodigies?
6. What does Boy do when he is appointed Minister of Food in the Cabinet?
7. What are Paul's hopes for the show after Mexico?
8. When Dunstan is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, what is he pondering?
9. Why does Padre Blazon suggest that Dunstan put aside his guilt over Mary Dempster?
10. What are some of the options that Dunstan thinks of while he is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe for why people believe in miracles and have faith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Fate is discussed as a character. Please pick one of the following characters and use examples from the book to describe how Fate works with, or on, that character.
Essay Topic 2
Using the descriptions of saints that are provided in the book, which saint most resembles Dunstan and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the definition of a conscience, and can someone be a conscience for someone else? Does Dunstan act as Boy/Percy Staunton's conscience? Please support your answers with examples from the book.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)