|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eisengrim say was his first magic teacher?
2. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
3. In addition to caring for Mrs. Dempster, teaching, and being Boy's primary confidant, what publication is Dunstan doing a lot of writing for?
4. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
5. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Percy and Dunstan are two characters with a relationship throughout the book. How does their relationship benefit each of them when they are children? When they are in university? When they are adults? What kind of relationship does theirs resemble and why? Are they like competitors, or are they more like siblings? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Dunstan kept the stone that was in the snowball Percy threw when they were boys. Why did Dunstan keep the stone? Please discuss the themes of consciousness, remembrance, and learning from the past in relation to the loaded snowball event.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1, Percy Staunton is referred to as the narrator's "lifelong friend and enemy." Using examples from the book, which would you say Percy was to the narrator - a friend or an enemy?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)