Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
2. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
3. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
4. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
5. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
Foreshadowing is the use of prior events in storytelling to give an indication of future events in the story. Using examples from the book, explain how is foreshadowing used in this book.
Using examples from the book, what misperceptions did the villagers of Deptford have about Mrs. Dempster that caused them to label her a fool? What ideas and actions did the villagers value that Mrs. Dempster appeared not to value? Why did Mrs. Dempster hold different values?
Dunstan kept the stone that was in the snowball Percy threw when they were boys. Why did Dunstan keep the stone? Please discuss the themes of consciousness, remembrance, and learning from the past in relation to the loaded snowball event.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)