Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
2. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
3. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
4. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
5. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
Essay Topic 1
The book covers the transition of three characters from boys to men: Paul Dempster, Percy Staunton, and Dunstan. Pick one of the characters and, using examples from the book, explain how he grew from a boy to a man and what events/people influenced him along the way.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Fate is discussed as a character. Please pick one of the following characters and use examples from the book to describe how Fate works with, or on, that character.
Essay Topic 3
Padre Blazon asks Dunstan who his devil is when Dunstan goes and visits him for the last time in Europe. How does Padre Blazon define a "devil," and, using that definition, is Liel really Dunstan's devil, or is it someone else? Why? Please explain your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)