|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
2. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
3. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
4. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
5. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
Essay Topic 1
Padre Blazon asks Dunstan who his devil is when Dunstan goes and visits him for the last time in Europe. How does Padre Blazon define a "devil," and, using that definition, is Liel really Dunstan's devil, or is it someone else? Why? Please explain your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the hero of this story, or is there no hero to the story? What characteristics does that character possess that makes them a hero, or what characteristics are lacking in the characters that make none of them a hero? Please support your answer with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
If you had to pick one theme that is present throughout the book, what theme would that be? Support your reasoning with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)