Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
2. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
3. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
4. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
5. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
Essay Topic 1
The book covers the transition of three characters from boys to men: Paul Dempster, Percy Staunton, and Dunstan. Pick one of the characters and, using examples from the book, explain how he grew from a boy to a man and what events/people influenced him along the way.
Essay Topic 2
Using the descriptions of saints that are provided in the book, which saint most resembles Dunstan and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role that magic plays in the life of Paul Dempster? How and why does his interest in magic start? Does magic play any role in his decision to run away? What is Paul doing with magic as an adult? How does Paul describe his relationship with magic? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)