Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character was born prematurely?
2. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
3. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
4. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
5. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boy do when he is appointed Minister of Food in the Cabinet?
2. What are the two things that Dunstan gets the Board to agree to instead of naming him Headmaster?
3. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
4. Why does Dunstan kiss Leola during the celebration of war heroes in the village?
5. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
6. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
7. Why does Padre Blazon suggest that Dunstan put aside his guilt over Mary Dempster?
8. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
9. What are Paul's hopes for the show after Mexico?
10. What is Boy Staunton's association with the Crown Prince?
Using examples from the book, how has Dunstan's personality and character changed throughout the story? When he was a child, how did he deal with his problems? How does he deal with them as an adult? What was important to him as a child, and what is important to him now? Why did Dunstan's character change?
Pick one of the following, and write about how the new name does or does not support the character's persona. Use examples from the text.
1. Dunstan as the Saint.
2. Percy as Boy.
3. Paul as Eisengrim.
What is the definition of a conscience, and can someone be a conscience for someone else? Does Dunstan act as Boy/Percy Staunton's conscience? Please support your answers with examples from the book.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)