|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
(a) Boy's awful treatment of Dunstan.
(b) Boy calling his mother a whore.
(c) Boy's bullying of the other boys.
(d) The village's hate of his mother.
2. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
(a) Spoiled Young Ruler.
(b) Rich Young Ruler.
(c) Rich Bully Boy.
(d) Spoiled Bully Boy.
3. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
(a) Mary Dempster.
(b) Milo Papple.
(c) Paul Dempster.
(d) Michael Popple.
4. When Dunstan does not respond to Liesl's advances, what does Liesl beat him with?
(a) His wooden leg.
(b) A lamp.
(c) His cane.
(d) A bat.
5. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
(b) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
(c) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
(d) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
2. Liesl suggests that Eisengrim set up an automatic payment at the bank to do what?
3. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
4. What health problem led to Mary Dempster's death?
5. Boy makes a fortune during what time period because he specializes in providing bulky, comforting and cheap food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dunstan not want to write Boy's memoir when Denyse asks him to?
2. What does Boy do when he is appointed Minister of Food in the Cabinet?
3. What are Paul's hopes for the show after Mexico?
4. How does Boy Staunton make a fortune during the Depression?
5. What causes Boy to take a walk by himself during the Christmas season of 1936?
6. Why does Dunstan feel that Boy is using him in his entourage?
7. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
8. What is Boy Staunton's association with the Crown Prince?
9. What is unique about the magic show that Dunstan goes to see in Mexico?
10. How is Boy's second wife described in the book?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)