|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who plays Gretchen and Venus in the show Dunstan sees in Mexico?
2. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
(b) A Catholic.
(d) A priest.
3. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
4. Boy Staunton left on a walk during the Christmas season of 1936. When was he found?
(a) The next day.
(b) He was never found.
(c) After the New Year.
(d) After Christmas.
5. When Paul thanks Dunstan for the temporary loan, what is he referring to?
(a) The money Dunstan sent him when he ran away.
(b) The money in Dunstan's wallet when he took it in Europe.
(c) The money Dunstan gave him while they were in Europe.
(d) The money Paul got when his mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
2. What is the relationship between Faustina and Eisengrim?
3. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
4. Since the former Headmaster died, what has Dunstan been doing?
5. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
2. What is unique about the magic show that Dunstan goes to see in Mexico?
3. Why is Dunstan furious at Boy when Boy gives him the roll of film to develop?
4. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
5. When Dunstan tries to remind Boy about the things he has done in his life, including the stone-in-the-snowball incident, Boy responds unpleasantly and accuses Dunstan of what?
6. Why does Padre Blazon, after hearing about Mary Dempster's life and death from Dunstan, believe she is a hero in God's cause?
7. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
8. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
9. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
10. Why does Padre Blazon suggest that Dunstan put aside his guilt over Mary Dempster?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)