|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
(a) A year after Dunstan returns from Mexico.
(b) A year after Boy returns from his war efforts.
(c) A year after Dunstan stops visiting her.
(d) A year after Boy's second wedding.
2. Dunstan's habit is to visit Mary Dempster and her aunt when?
(a) Every Saturday.
(b) Every Sunday.
(c) Every other Saturday.
(d) Every other Sunday.
3. Who asks Dunstan to write the official autobiography of Boy's life?
4. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He gets murdered.
(b) He gets run over by a car.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He doesn't die.
5. Boy takes a lot of heat for what characteristic?
(a) Being promiscuous.
(b) Being neglectful to his wife.
(c) Being a rich capitalist.
(d) Being obsessed with the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does Boy Staunton's son hate?
2. Dunstan's priest friend is tolerated by the other Jesuits because he is what?
3. The papers reported Boy Staunton was found in his car in the bottom of what harbor?
4. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
5. When Boy gets upset during the Christmas season of 1936, what does Leola find in his coat pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Leola a failure as a wife in Boy's eyes?
2. Before Dunstan leaves to return to Colborne college, what does he convince Paul to do?
3. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
4. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
5. Why does Dunstan feel that Boy is using him in his entourage?
6. How is Boy's second wife described in the book?
7. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
8. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
9. When Dunstan tries to remind Boy about the things he has done in his life, including the stone-in-the-snowball incident, Boy responds unpleasantly and accuses Dunstan of what?
10. What is Boy Staunton's association with the Crown Prince?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)