|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He gets run over by a car.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He gets murdered.
(d) He doesn't die.
2. Who introduces Eisengrim to Boy?
3. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
(a) No one.
(b) Leola Staunton.
(c) The children's nurse.
(d) Boy Staunton.
4. Boy Staunton left on a walk during the Christmas season of 1936. When was he found?
(a) He was never found.
(b) After Christmas.
(c) The next day.
(d) After the New Year.
5. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
(a) The name of Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) A pen name.
(c) Boy Staunton's name.
(d) The name of Mary Dempster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
2. The papers reported Boy Staunton was found in his car in the bottom of what harbor?
3. On what day does Padre Blazon say that Dunstan should honor Mary Dempster in his prayers?
4. What is on the roll of film Boy gives to Dunston to develop?
5. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, at Leona's funeral, does Dunstan feel ashamed after speaking with Milo Papple?
2. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
3. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
4. Why is Dunstan furious at Boy when Boy gives him the roll of film to develop?
5. Why is Leola a failure as a wife in Boy's eyes?
6. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
7. How does Boy Staunton make a fortune during the Depression?
8. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
9. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
10. When Dunstan is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, what is he pondering?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)