|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dunstan does not respond to Liesl's advances, what does Liesl beat him with?
(a) A bat.
(b) His cane.
(c) His wooden leg.
(d) A lamp.
2. When Dunstan does not get the job as the new Headmaster, he insists on a paid leave of absence to go where?
(a) Latin America.
(b) South America.
3. Dunstan loses his ability to visit Mary Dempster because he told her what?
(a) That Paul was dead.
(b) That he had found Paul.
(c) That Dunstan is paying for her care.
(d) That her husband is dead.
4. The role of Fifth Business is from what art form?
5. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
(c) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
2. Who plays the heroine on the Opera stages of Europe?
3. When Dunstan finds the Bollandists, where does he find Padre Blazon?
4. When speaking to Padre Blazon, who does Dunstan refer to as his devil?
5. Leola dies of what disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
2. Why does Dunstan not want to write Boy's memoir when Denyse asks him to?
3. What are some of the options that Dunstan thinks of while he is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe for why people believe in miracles and have faith?
4. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
5. What is unique about the magic show that Dunstan goes to see in Mexico?
6. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
7. What is Padre Blazon's personal theory about what will happen when Jesus returns?
8. What causes Boy to take a walk by himself during the Christmas season of 1936?
9. When it becomes evident to Dunstan that Paul does not want him back stage, what does he do?
10. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)