|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides the voice for the thought-sensing trick?
2. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
(d) The children.
3. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In a private hospital in Toronto.
(b) In a public hospital in Toronto.
(c) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(d) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
4. What does Boy rely on Dunstan for at parties?
(a) To keep the dullest guests occupied.
(b) To speak intelligently about current events.
(c) To be the dullest guest.
(d) To keep the guests happy.
5. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
(a) The story of Gyges and King Candaules.
(b) The story of St. Wilgefortis.
(c) The story of St. Dunstan and the devil.
(d) The story of Candules and King Gyanvies.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Liesl and Dunstan fight, what does Liesl come back to get from Dunstan's room?
2. Boy tells Eisengrim that he doesn't remember the Dempsters. What reason does Boy give?
3. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
4. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
5. When speaking to Padre Blazon, who does Dunstan refer to as his devil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
2. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
3. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
4. Why is Denyse's plan of getting Boy appointed Lieutenant-Governor described as a complicated plan?
5. What are the two things that Dunstan gets the Board to agree to instead of naming him Headmaster?
6. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
7. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
8. What happens to the young men that Boy takes under his wing in his company as prodigies?
9. Why does Padre Blazon, after hearing about Mary Dempster's life and death from Dunstan, believe she is a hero in God's cause?
10. How does Boy Staunton make a fortune during the Depression?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)