|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dunstan loses his ability to visit Mary Dempster because he told her what?
(a) That her husband is dead.
(b) That Dunstan is paying for her care.
(c) That Paul was dead.
(d) That he had found Paul.
2. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
(a) No one.
3. When Dunstan does not get the job as the new Headmaster, he insists on a paid leave of absence to go where?
(b) South America.
(c) Latin America.
4. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
(a) Liesl seduces Dunstan.
(b) Dunstan escorts Liesl out of his room.
(c) Liesl leaves the show.
(d) Liesl and Dunstan go for a walk.
5. The papers reported Boy Staunton was found in his car in the bottom of what harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the roll of film Boy gives to Dunston to develop?
2. Boy takes a lot of heat for what characteristic?
3. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
4. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
5. Who plays the heroine on the Opera stages of Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
2. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
3. Why does Dunstan feel that Boy is using him in his entourage?
4. Why is Dunstan furious at Boy when Boy gives him the roll of film to develop?
5. When Dunstan is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, what is he pondering?
6. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
7. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
8. When it becomes evident to Dunstan that Paul does not want him back stage, what does he do?
9. What are some of the options that Dunstan thinks of while he is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe for why people believe in miracles and have faith?
10. What causes Boy to take a walk by himself during the Christmas season of 1936?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)