|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liesl was raised in what religion?
2. Leola dies of what disease?
3. What is the name of the woman Boy Staunton marries after the death of his first wife?
(a) Darla Harris.
(b) Dolly Halibut.
(c) Dora Hancock.
(d) Denyse Hornick .
4. Boy describes sex as if it were what sporting event?
(a) A wrestling match.
(b) A basketball game.
(c) A football game.
(d) A round of boxing.
5. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
(a) His wallet with a lot of money in it.
(b) A letter from his mistress.
(c) A letter from his son.
(d) The letter appointing him to be Lieutenant-Governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tour in Mexico supposed to do for the show?
2. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
3. What is the date and location the narrator gives for the writing of the story?
4. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
5. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Padre Blazon, after hearing about Mary Dempster's life and death from Dunstan, believe she is a hero in God's cause?
2. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
3. What is Padre Blazon's personal theory about what will happen when Jesus returns?
4. When Dunstan tries to remind Boy about the things he has done in his life, including the stone-in-the-snowball incident, Boy responds unpleasantly and accuses Dunstan of what?
5. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
6. Before Dunstan leaves to return to Colborne college, what does he convince Paul to do?
7. What is Boy Staunton's association with the Crown Prince?
8. What are some of the options that Dunstan thinks of while he is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe for why people believe in miracles and have faith?
9. How is Boy's second wife described in the book?
10. Why does Dunstan not want to write Boy's memoir when Denyse asks him to?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)