|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
(a) Boy's bullying of the other boys.
(b) The village's hate of his mother.
(c) Boy calling his mother a whore.
(d) Boy's awful treatment of Dunstan.
2. Liesl was raised in what religion?
3. Who introduces Eisengrim to Boy?
4. Liesl is a student of what?
5. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
(a) Telling her about Paul.
(b) Not bringing her any gifts.
(c) Not visiting her anymore.
(d) Leaving her for so long while he was in Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. In relation to Destiny, what does Dunstan see himself as?
2. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
3. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
4. Before being able to write Boy's autobiography, Dunstan suffers from what health issue?
5. Who asks Dunstan to write the official autobiography of Boy's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dunstan tries to remind Boy about the things he has done in his life, including the stone-in-the-snowball incident, Boy responds unpleasantly and accuses Dunstan of what?
2. Why is Leola a failure as a wife in Boy's eyes?
3. How does Boy Staunton make a fortune during the Depression?
4. Why does Padre Blazon, after hearing about Mary Dempster's life and death from Dunstan, believe she is a hero in God's cause?
5. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
6. Why, at Leona's funeral, does Dunstan feel ashamed after speaking with Milo Papple?
7. What happens to the young men that Boy takes under his wing in his company as prodigies?
8. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
9. When Dunstan is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, what is he pondering?
10. Why does Padre Blazon suggest that Dunstan put aside his guilt over Mary Dempster?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)