|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
(a) Publication of his essays.
(b) Information on the Catholic church.
(c) Information on the saints.
(d) Housing while he is in Europe.
2. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
(a) The children's nurse.
(b) No one.
(c) Boy Staunton.
(d) Leola Staunton.
3. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) A small stone about the size of an egg.
(c) A lace stocking.
(d) A love letter from his mistress.
4. What is Boy Staunton's best selling item?
(a) Soft drinks.
(c) Vitamin enriched bread.
5. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
(a) The story of Gyges and King Candaules.
(b) The story of St. Wilgefortis.
(c) The story of St. Dunstan and the devil.
(d) The story of Candules and King Gyanvies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dunstan does not respond to Liesl's advances, what does Liesl beat him with?
2. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
3. If Dunstan says anything negative about Boy to Leona, what does Leona do?
4. What is the relationship between Faustina and Eisengrim?
5. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dunstan furious at Boy when Boy gives him the roll of film to develop?
2. Why is Denyse's plan of getting Boy appointed Lieutenant-Governor described as a complicated plan?
3. How is Boy's second wife described in the book?
4. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
5. How does Boy Staunton make a fortune during the Depression?
6. When it becomes evident to Dunstan that Paul does not want him back stage, what does he do?
7. Why, at Leona's funeral, does Dunstan feel ashamed after speaking with Milo Papple?
8. Why is Leola a failure as a wife in Boy's eyes?
9. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
10. What happens to the young men that Boy takes under his wing in his company as prodigies?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)