|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
(d) No one.
2. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
3. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In a public hospital in Toronto.
(b) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(c) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
(d) In a private hospital in Toronto.
4. Dunstan's priest friend is tolerated by the other Jesuits because he is what?
(a) Well-learned and intelligent.
(b) Fun and helpful.
(c) Smart and dying.
(d) Old and senile.
5. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
(a) Magnus Eisengrim's autobiography.
(b) A story about Magnus Eisengrim.
(c) A history of magic tricks.
(d) A story of their magic show.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
2. Where does Dunstan go the summer after Mary Dempster's death?
3. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
4. If Dunstan says anything negative about Boy to Leona, what does Leona do?
5. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Dunstan leaves to return to Colborne college, what does he convince Paul to do?
2. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
3. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
4. What causes Boy to take a walk by himself during the Christmas season of 1936?
5. How does Boy Staunton make a fortune during the Depression?
6. What does Boy do when he is appointed Minister of Food in the Cabinet?
7. What is unique about the magic show that Dunstan goes to see in Mexico?
8. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
9. Why does Dunstan not want to write Boy's memoir when Denyse asks him to?
10. Why is Denyse's plan of getting Boy appointed Lieutenant-Governor described as a complicated plan?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)