|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
(a) A writer.
(b) A professor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A published author.
2. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
3. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(a) They put the ashes in the river.
(b) No one, they are buried.
4. What book of Dunstan's becomes a bestseller?
(a) A History of Saints in Europe.
(b) Thousand Saints for Travelers.
(c) Thousand Saints for Teachers and Students.
(d) The autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim.
5. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
(d) Any voice will work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
2. If Dunstan says anything negative about Boy to Leona, what does Leona do?
3. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
4. Who asks Dunstan to write the official autobiography of Boy's life?
5. When Dunstan finds the Bollandists, where does he find Padre Blazon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Boy's second wife described in the book?
2. How does Boy Staunton make a fortune during the Depression?
3. When Dunstan is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, what is he pondering?
4. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
5. Why is Leola a failure as a wife in Boy's eyes?
6. Why does Dunstan feel that Boy is using him in his entourage?
7. Why does Dunstan not want to write Boy's memoir when Denyse asks him to?
8. After Dunstan moves Mrs. Dempster to a private hospital, what is the major error he commits?
9. What are the two things that Dunstan gets the Board to agree to instead of naming him Headmaster?
10. What are some of the options that Dunstan thinks of while he is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe for why people believe in miracles and have faith?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)