|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Padre Blazon.
(b) Father Dylan.
(c) Padre Franco.
(d) Father Ignacio.
2. Who introduces Eisengrim to Boy?
3. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
(b) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(c) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
(d) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
4. When does Boy return for good from his war efforts in Europe?
5. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
(a) Abdicates his throne.
(b) Dies in an accident.
(c) Visits the Stauntons.
(d) Begins another trip around Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
2. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
3. Dunstan's priest friend is tolerated by the other Jesuits because he is what?
4. On what day does Padre Blazon say that Dunstan should honor Mary Dempster in his prayers?
5. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boy Staunton's association with the Crown Prince?
2. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
3. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
4. What are some of the options that Dunstan thinks of while he is in the shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe for why people believe in miracles and have faith?
5. How is Boy's second wife described in the book?
6. What happens to the young men that Boy takes under his wing in his company as prodigies?
7. What are the two things that Dunstan gets the Board to agree to instead of naming him Headmaster?
8. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
9. Why is Denyse's plan of getting Boy appointed Lieutenant-Governor described as a complicated plan?
10. When Dunstan tries to remind Boy about the things he has done in his life, including the stone-in-the-snowball incident, Boy responds unpleasantly and accuses Dunstan of what?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)