|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides the voice for the thought-sensing trick?
2. When Dunstan does not get the job as the new Headmaster, he insists on a paid leave of absence to go where?
(a) Latin America.
(b) South America.
3. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
(a) Miss Shanklin's lawyer.
(b) Miss Shanklin's housekeeper.
(c) Miss Shanklin's lover.
(d) Miss Shanklin's husband.
4. When Leola is found in the bathtub, who is her note addressed to?
(d) Her children.
5. Dunstan's habit is to visit Mary Dempster and her aunt when?
(a) Every other Saturday.
(b) Every other Sunday.
(c) Every Saturday.
(d) Every Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leola dies of what disease?
2. The role of Fifth Business is from what art form?
3. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
4. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
5. What is the date and location the narrator gives for the writing of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Padre Blazon suggest that Dunstan put aside his guilt over Mary Dempster?
2. Why does Dunstan feel that Boy is using him in his entourage?
3. When Dunstan tries to remind Boy about the things he has done in his life, including the stone-in-the-snowball incident, Boy responds unpleasantly and accuses Dunstan of what?
4. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
5. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
6. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
7. What are Paul's hopes for the show after Mexico?
8. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
9. What are the two things that Dunstan gets the Board to agree to instead of naming him Headmaster?
10. Why is Dunstan furious at Boy when Boy gives him the roll of film to develop?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)