|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boy dies a few days before he was to be appointed to what post?
(a) Cabinet Minister of Food Production and Distribution.
(b) Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario.
(c) Aide de Camp to the Crown Prince.
(d) Lieutenant-Governor of Quebec.
2. Dunstan's habit is to visit Mary Dempster and her aunt when?
(a) Every other Sunday.
(b) Every Sunday.
(c) Every Saturday.
(d) Every other Saturday.
3. What is the name of the woman Boy Staunton marries after the death of his first wife?
(a) Dora Hancock.
(b) Dolly Halibut.
(c) Denyse Hornick .
(d) Darla Harris.
4. Who does Dunstan believe Eisengrim is in love with?
(c) His dead mother.
5. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
(a) The Amazing Great Head.
(b) The all-knowing crystal ball.
(c) The Brazen Head.
(d) The Talking Head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells David of his mother's death?
2. Boy describes sex as if it were what sporting event?
3. Liesl is a student of what?
4. Who does Eisengrim say was his first magic teacher?
5. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the magic show that Dunstan goes to see in Mexico?
2. When it becomes evident to Dunstan that Paul does not want him back stage, what does he do?
3. What are Paul's hopes for the show after Mexico?
4. Why, at Leona's funeral, does Dunstan feel ashamed after speaking with Milo Papple?
5. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
6. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
7. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
8. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
9. What is Boy Staunton's association with the Crown Prince?
10. What causes Boy to take a walk by himself during the Christmas season of 1936?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)