|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leola dies of what disease?
2. When speaking to Padre Blazon, who does Dunstan refer to as his devil?
3. Liesl suggests that Eisengrim set up an automatic payment at the bank to do what?
(a) Cover the costs of Dunstan's further travel.
(b) Pay Dunstan to help his mother.
(c) Help pay for his mother's care.
(d) Pay the salaries of the show's employees.
4. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
(a) Dies in an accident.
(b) Begins another trip around Canada.
(c) Abdicates his throne.
(d) Visits the Stauntons.
5. Boy Staunton left on a walk during the Christmas season of 1936. When was he found?
(a) After the New Year.
(b) After Christmas.
(c) The next day.
(d) He was never found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Boy appointed to in the Cabinet?
2. Dunstan's habit is to visit Mary Dempster and her aunt when?
3. What does Boy rely on Dunstan for at parties?
4. When Boy gets upset during the Christmas season of 1936, what does Leola find in his coat pocket?
5. Liesl was raised in what religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boy do when he is appointed Minister of Food in the Cabinet?
2. What is unique about the magic show that Dunstan goes to see in Mexico?
3. Why does Padre Blazon suggest that Dunstan put aside his guilt over Mary Dempster?
4. What are Paul's hopes for the show after Mexico?
5. Why does Dunstan enjoy writing the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim?
6. Why does Dunstan not want to write Boy's memoir when Denyse asks him to?
7. Why is Dunstan furious at Boy when Boy gives him the roll of film to develop?
8. Why is Dunstan deemed unacceptable to be Headmaster at the school by the Board?
9. Why does Dunstan feel that Boy is using him in his entourage?
10. Why does Mary Dempster meet Dunstan when he visits her with her coat and jacket on?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)