|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mr. Dempster.
(b) Mrs. Dempster.
(c) Mrs. Staunton.
2. Where does Dunstan go in Europe after he graduates?
3. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(a) Political Science.
4. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
(a) The opera house.
(b) The church.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The village square.
5. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) The supplies he prayed for.
(c) His phone number.
(d) Ten dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
2. What subject does Percy study in college?
3. What is the name of the lady who took Mary Dempster away from Deptford?
4. What is the name of Dunstan's home village?
5. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dunstable carry around a Bible when he is a soldier?
2. When he is presented the V.C. award by the King, what does Dunstable think about heroes?
3. What does Reverend Dempster pray about often?
4. Why do the Dempster's always take their stroll around town during the dinner hour?
5. When Dunstable awakens in the hospital, what has happened to his body?
6. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
7. Why does Diana give Dunstable the name Dunstan?
8. How did Dunstan gain his nest egg?
9. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
10. Why does Dunstan become a teacher?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)