|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(b) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(c) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(d) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
2. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
(a) Breathes on him and calls his name.
(b) Prays over him.
(c) Prays and calls out his name.
3. What do Diana's parents feel about Diana and Dunstan not marrying?
(a) They disapprove.
(b) They approve.
4. What is the name of the lady who took Mary Dempster away from Deptford?
(a) Miss Bertha Shanklin.
(b) Miss Beth Sharky.
(c) Miss Becky Shavels.
(d) Miss Belinda Shales.
5. Who is the leader of the circus Paul belongs to?
(a) Le Solitaire.
(b) Le Soliere.
(c) Le Solariam.
(d) Le Sollom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Milo Papple give to the Dempster's house?
2. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
3. Joel Surgeoner is the head of what?
4. The night before Dunny departs from the village, what does Leola Cruikshank announce?
5. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traits does Dunstable observe in the members of his units that are attributed to German officers?
2. While in Europe searching for the statue he saw on the battlefield, what does Dunstan find that becomes a life-long study?
3. How did Dunstan gain his nest egg?
4. When he is presented the V.C. award by the King, what does Dunstable think about heroes?
5. Why does Diana give Dunstable the name Dunstan?
6. What steps does Leola take in order to be the wife that Boy wants her to be?
7. Why do the villagers decide that Mrs. Dempster is "simple?"
8. Why is Dunstan unwilling to marry any woman?
9. Why was Dunstable relieved to hear the news of his mother's death?
10. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)