|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joel Surgeoner is the head of what?
(a) Lifeline Mission in Durston.
(b) Lifeline Mission in Montreal.
(c) Lifeline Mission in Toronto.
(d) Lifeline Mission in Quebec.
2. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
3. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) His mother.
(b) To enlist in the military.
(c) Mrs. Dempster.
(d) To leave town to go to college.
4. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(d) Political Science.
5. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
(d) He gives it to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Milo Papple give to the Dempster's house?
2. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
3. What happened to Dunstan's family's house and newspaper business after he left for school?
4. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
5. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
2. Why was Dunstable relieved to hear the news of his mother's death?
3. Why does Dunstan feel he can never love Diana?
4. What does Reverend Dempster pray about often?
5. Why does Dunstan want to teach boys?
6. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
7. Why does Dunny develop the habit of keeping secrets?
8. Why do the villagers decide that Mrs. Dempster is "simple?"
9. Why does Dunstable carry around a Bible when he is a soldier?
10. How did Dunstan gain his nest egg?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)