|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunstan give to Leola when he sees her next to Percy?
(a) A ring.
(b) A hug.
(c) A kiss.
(d) His medal.
2. What college is Percy sent away to?
(a) Bashurn College.
(b) Colgate College.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) Ricburn College.
3. What is the name of Dunstable's nurse in the hospital?
(a) Deanna Margus.
(b) Dina Merless.
(c) Diane Martin.
(d) Diana Marfleet.
4. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
(a) The King.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) The commanding general.
(d) The Queen.
5. What subject does Percy study in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
2. Dunny's parents were killed by what?
3. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
4. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
5. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Diana give Dunstable the name Dunstan?
2. What words from Mrs. Dempster come back to Dunstable when he is lying wounded in the church?
3. What hampers Dunny from learning magic tricks?
4. Why do the villagers decide that Mrs. Dempster is "simple?"
5. When he is presented the V.C. award by the King, what does Dunstable think about heroes?
6. Why does Dunstan become a teacher?
7. What does Dunstable do when he finds the German snipers?
8. Why does Dunny develop the habit of keeping secrets?
9. While in Europe searching for the statue he saw on the battlefield, what does Dunstan find that becomes a life-long study?
10. What traits does Dunstable observe in the members of his units that are attributed to German officers?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)