Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character was born prematurely?
(a) Paul Dempster.
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(d) Percy Stanton.
2. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Leola Cruikshank.
(b) Marian Dempster.
(c) Leanna Crushik.
(d) Mary Papple.
3. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) His mother.
(b) To enlist in the military.
(c) To leave town to go to college.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
4. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Five hundred people.
(b) Five hundred and fifty people.
(c) Six hundred people.
(d) Four hundred people.
5. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) Edward University.
(b) University College.
(c) Colgate College.
(d) Quebec University.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
2. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
3. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
4. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
5. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boy do when he is appointed Minister of Food in the Cabinet?
2. What are the two things that Dunstan gets the Board to agree to instead of naming him Headmaster?
3. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
4. Why does Dunstan kiss Leola during the celebration of war heroes in the village?
5. Who does the head, during a magic show, say killed Boy Staunton?
6. What does Dunstan think is suspicious about the way Leola died?
7. Why does Padre Blazon suggest that Dunstan put aside his guilt over Mary Dempster?
8. What memory has Boy suppressed from their childhood that shocks Dunstan when he learns Boy doesn't remember it?
9. What are Paul's hopes for the show after Mexico?
10. What is Boy Staunton's association with the Crown Prince?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)