|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
(a) The study of Catholic churches.
(b) The study of saints and statues found in historical churches.
(c) The study of paintings in historical churches.
(d) The study of saints of the Catholic church.
2. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
(c) Home sickness.
3. What is the title of Dunstan's first published book?
(a) A Hundred Saints for Travelers.
(b) A Hundred Saints for Everyone.
(c) A Hundred Saints for Boys and Men.
(d) A Hundred Saints for Teachers.
4. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
(a) Mrs. Dempster is committed to an institution for crazy people.
(b) Mrs. Dempster is killed by her husband.
(c) Mrs. Dempster is sent to live with someone else.
(d) Mrs. Dempster is tied up to a rope in the house.
5. Where does Dunstan find Paul Dempster and a statue of Wilgefortis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Dunstan's family's house and newspaper business after he left for school?
2. What does Percy's mother call him?
3. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
4. Which church does Dunstan visit on his way out of town after his parents' funeral?
5. Where does the town find Mrs. Dempster after she wanders off at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
2. Why does Dunstan want to teach boys?
3. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
4. How did Dunstan gain his nest egg?
5. When he is presented the V.C. award by the King, what does Dunstable think about heroes?
6. What steps does Leola take in order to be the wife that Boy wants her to be?
7. What traits does Dunstable observe in the members of his units that are attributed to German officers?
8. Why does Boy choose the Prince of Wales as his role model?
9. What is Boy's logic in thinking that he is not cheating on his fiancee, as told to Dunstan?
10. Why is Dunstan unwilling to marry any woman?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)