|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
2. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) To enlist in the military.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Dempster.
(d) To leave town to go to college.
3. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
4. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
5. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
(d) Home sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
2. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
3. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
4. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
5. What does the narrator remember from his war experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dunstan unwilling to marry any woman?
2. Why does Dunny develop the habit of keeping secrets?
3. Why does Dunstan feel he can never love Diana?
4. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
5. Why does the narrator recall the date the story begins so clearly?
6. Why does Dunstan become a teacher?
7. Why was Dunstable relieved to hear the news of his mother's death?
8. What is Boy's logic in thinking that he is not cheating on his fiancee, as told to Dunstan?
9. What steps does Leola take in order to be the wife that Boy wants her to be?
10. What does Dunstan, the narrator, tell the Headmaster of the school that he recently retired from, is the point of this book?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)