|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
(a) In a hospital in France.
(b) In a hospital in England.
(c) In a hospital in Canada.
(d) In a hospital in America.
2. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
3. During his college years, Percy Staunton renamed himself what?
(a) Boy Staunton.
(b) Boyd Staunton.
(c) Percy Boyd Staunton.
(d) Man Staunton.
4. What book does Dunstable carry around in his pocket while he is serving at the front?
(a) A book of jokes.
(b) A book of prayers.
(c) A book of magic tricks.
(d) A Bible.
5. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
(a) Breathes on him and calls his name.
(b) Prays and calls out his name.
(c) Prays over him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
2. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
3. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
4. What do Percy and Leola name their first child?
5. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps does Leola take in order to be the wife that Boy wants her to be?
2. Boy wants Dunstan to drop his fixation with saints, but Dunstan feels differently about his path in life. Why?
3. What does Dunstan, the narrator, tell the Headmaster of the school that he recently retired from, is the point of this book?
4. What is Boy's logic in thinking that he is not cheating on his fiancee, as told to Dunstan?
5. Why do the villagers decide that Mrs. Dempster is "simple?"
6. Why is Dunstan unwilling to marry any woman?
7. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
8. Why does Diana give Dunstable the name Dunstan?
9. Why does Dunstan want to teach boys?
10. While in Europe searching for the statue he saw on the battlefield, what does Dunstan find that becomes a life-long study?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)