|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
2. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
(a) All Germans are the devil incarnate.
(b) All Canadians who serve in the military are true men.
(c) All Germans deserve to be killed.
(d) All Canadians are the best soldiers.
3. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) Edward University.
(b) University College.
(c) Colgate College.
(d) Quebec University.
4. What book does Dunny read often to Paul in order to have Paul watch him perform tricks?
(a) A Child's Book of the Church.
(b) A Child's Book of Magic Tricks.
(c) A Child's Book of Tricks.
(d) A Child's Book of Saints.
5. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(b) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(c) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(d) Culinary and child-raising skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Dunstan's first published book?
2. What is the name of Dunstan's home village?
3. What do Percy and Leola name their first child?
4. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
5. What does the Catholic priest say to Dunstan's comment that Mrs. Dempster is a saint?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
2. Boy wants Dunstan to drop his fixation with saints, but Dunstan feels differently about his path in life. Why?
3. Why does Diana give Dunstable the name Dunstan?
4. Why do the Dempster's always take their stroll around town during the dinner hour?
5. Why does Dunstan feel he can never love Diana?
6. Why does Dunstan become a teacher?
7. Why does Boy choose the Prince of Wales as his role model?
8. Why does Dunny develop the habit of keeping secrets?
9. What is Boy's logic in thinking that he is not cheating on his fiancee, as told to Dunstan?
10. At the beginning of the story, what happens when the narrator leaves Percy to go home for dinner?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)