|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The commanding general.
(d) His commanding officer.
2. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
3. The "fool-saint" comes from which religious tradition?
4. What is Dunstan's quest in Europe?
(a) To find various statues of the Madonna.
(b) To find the statue of the Madonna he saw on the night he was injured.
(c) To visit all the battlefields so he can see where he was injured.
(d) To visit all his fellow soldiers who live in Europe.
5. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
(b) The battlefields where he once fought.
(c) Other colleges where he could teach.
(d) Tourist sights he has never seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
2. Who is the leader of the circus Paul belongs to?
3. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
4. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
5. What is the name of the lady who took Mary Dempster away from Deptford?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dunstan feel he can never love Diana?
2. Why does Dunstable carry around a Bible when he is a soldier?
3. What does Dunstable do when he finds the German snipers?
4. While in Europe searching for the statue he saw on the battlefield, what does Dunstan find that becomes a life-long study?
5. Boy wants Dunstan to drop his fixation with saints, but Dunstan feels differently about his path in life. Why?
6. Why do the villagers decide that Mrs. Dempster is "simple?"
7. Why does Boy choose the Prince of Wales as his role model?
8. Why do the villagers judge Mrs. Dempster as lacking?
9. Why does the narrator recall the date the story begins so clearly?
10. Why does Dunstan become a teacher?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)