|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(b) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(c) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(d) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
2. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent hearing damage.
(b) Permanent mobility damage.
(c) Permanent vision damage.
(d) Permanent brain damage.
3. Who does the Deptford magistrate believe threw the snowball at Mrs. Dempster?
(c) Percy .
4. What do Percy and Leola name their first child?
(a) Charles Edward.
(b) Edward David.
(c) David Edward.
(d) Edward Charles.
5. What religion is Mrs. Ramsay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
2. What part of Dunstable's body is amputated?
3. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
4. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
5. What rank does Dunstable achieve before he is twenty years-old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
2. What does Dunstable do when he finds the German snipers?
3. Why do the villagers judge Mrs. Dempster as lacking?
4. Why does Boy choose the Prince of Wales as his role model?
5. Why does Dunstan feel he can never love Diana?
6. How did Dunstan gain his nest egg?
7. Why do the Dempster's always take their stroll around town during the dinner hour?
8. When Dunstable awakens in the hospital, what has happened to his body?
9. Boy wants Dunstan to drop his fixation with saints, but Dunstan feels differently about his path in life. Why?
10. What does Dunstan, the narrator, tell the Headmaster of the school that he recently retired from, is the point of this book?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)