|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(b) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
(c) Because he is afraid of the shame.
(d) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
2. The "fool-saint" comes from which religious tradition?
3. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
(a) His mother keeps him isolated.
(b) He lives in a house with his mother.
(c) His mother has a reputation for being simple.
(d) He is simple.
4. What is the title of Dunstan's first published book?
(a) A Hundred Saints for Everyone.
(b) A Hundred Saints for Travelers.
(c) A Hundred Saints for Boys and Men.
(d) A Hundred Saints for Teachers.
5. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) Colgate College.
(b) Edward University.
(c) University College.
(d) Quebec University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
2. What does Dunstan do when he visits his parents' now empty house?
3. What military division was Dunstable part of?
4. What subject does Percy study in college?
5. Joel Surgeoner is the head of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boy's logic in thinking that he is not cheating on his fiancee, as told to Dunstan?
2. What steps does Leola take in order to be the wife that Boy wants her to be?
3. Why does Dunstan feel he can never love Diana?
4. While in Europe searching for the statue he saw on the battlefield, what does Dunstan find that becomes a life-long study?
5. Boy gives stock tips to Dunstan that help him increase his wealth, but also cause Dunstan to feel what emotions towards Boy?
6. Why does Dunstan kiss Leola during the celebration of war heroes in the village?
7. What does Reverend Dempster pray about often?
8. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
9. Why does Dunstan become a teacher?
10. What does Dunstan, the narrator, tell the Headmaster of the school that he recently retired from, is the point of this book?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)