|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
2. With what equipment does Dunny learn tricks that captivate Paul Dempster?
(d) Top Hat.
3. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(a) Political Science.
4. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
(a) The Baptist priest.
(b) The Catholic priest.
(c) The Anglican priest.
(d) The Protestant priest.
5. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Marian Dempster.
(b) Mary Papple.
(c) Leanna Crushik.
(d) Leola Cruikshank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
2. How old was the narrator on December 27, 1908?
3. Which character was born prematurely?
4. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
5. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hampers Dunny from learning magic tricks?
2. While in Europe searching for the statue he saw on the battlefield, what does Dunstan find that becomes a life-long study?
3. Why is Dunstan unwilling to marry any woman?
4. At the beginning of the story, what happens when the narrator leaves Percy to go home for dinner?
5. When he is presented the V.C. award by the King, what does Dunstable think about heroes?
6. Why does Boy choose the Prince of Wales as his role model?
7. What words from Mrs. Dempster come back to Dunstable when he is lying wounded in the church?
8. Although Dunstan's family is not rich, why do they hold a position of privilege in the town?
9. Why does Diana give Dunstable the name Dunstan?
10. Why does Dunstan want to teach boys?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)