|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
(a) Boy Staunton.
(b) Leola Staunton.
(c) The children's nurse.
(d) No one.
2. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
(a) Telling her about Paul.
(b) Leaving her for so long while he was in Mexico.
(c) Not bringing her any gifts.
(d) Not visiting her anymore.
3. Who tells David of his mother's death?
4. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He doesn't die.
(b) He gets run over by a car.
(c) He gets murdered.
(d) He commits suicide.
5. What does Boy rely on Dunstan for at parties?
(a) To speak intelligently about current events.
(b) To keep the dullest guests occupied.
(c) To be the dullest guest.
(d) To keep the guests happy.
6. The final act of the show Dunston sees in Latin America is based on what tale?
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
7. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
(a) Miss Shanklin's husband.
(b) Miss Shanklin's lover.
(c) Miss Shanklin's housekeeper.
(d) Miss Shanklin's lawyer.
8. What is on the roll of film Boy gives to Dunston to develop?
(a) Dirty pictures of women other than Leola.
(b) Pictures of him cheating on Leola.
(c) Pictures of him with Leola.
(d) Sexy pictures of Leola.
9. What school does David go to when he is twelve years old?
(a) Public School.
(b) University College.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) Colgate School University.
10. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
(a) The story of Gyges and King Candaules.
(b) The story of St. Dunstan and the devil.
(c) The story of St. Wilgefortis.
(d) The story of Candules and King Gyanvies.
11. When Leola is found in the bathtub, who is her note addressed to?
(a) Her children.
12. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
(b) The children.
13. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In a public hospital in Toronto.
(b) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(c) In a private hospital in Toronto.
(d) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
14. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(b) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
(c) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
(d) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
15. Boy dies a few days before he was to be appointed to what post?
(a) Lieutenant-Governor of Quebec.
(b) Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario.
(c) Cabinet Minister of Food Production and Distribution.
(d) Aide de Camp to the Crown Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
2. Dunstan and his priest friend travel by train to what European city?
3. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
4. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
5. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)