|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
(a) His inability to connect with his fellow human beings.
(b) His inability to love his mother.
(c) His inability to feel love for anyone.
(d) His inability to love a woman.
2. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Padre Blazon.
(b) Father Ignacio.
(c) Father Dylan.
(d) Padre Franco.
3. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
(a) Spoiled Young Ruler.
(b) Rich Young Ruler.
(c) Spoiled Bully Boy.
(d) Rich Bully Boy.
4. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
(a) Dunstan escorts Liesl out of his room.
(b) Liesl leaves the show.
(c) Liesl seduces Dunstan.
(d) Liesl and Dunstan go for a walk.
5. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
(a) A year after Boy returns from his war efforts.
(b) A year after Dunstan stops visiting her.
(c) A year after Boy's second wedding.
(d) A year after Dunstan returns from Mexico.
6. Where does Dunstan go the summer after Mary Dempster's death?
(d) Far East.
7. While Dunstan is in Latin America, what kind of show does he go see?
(a) A theater show.
(b) A dancing show.
(c) A side show.
(d) A magic show.
8. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(a) They put the ashes in the river.
(d) No one, they are buried.
9. What is Boy Staunton's best selling item?
(b) Vitamin enriched bread.
(d) Soft drinks.
10. The role of Fifth Business is from what art form?
11. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He doesn't die.
(c) He gets run over by a car.
(d) He gets murdered.
12. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
(b) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
(c) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(d) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
13. Who plays the heroine on the Opera stages of Europe?
(a) Prima Donna.
14. What does Boy rely on Dunstan for at parties?
(a) To keep the guests happy.
(b) To keep the dullest guests occupied.
(c) To speak intelligently about current events.
(d) To be the dullest guest.
15. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
(b) Any voice will work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
2. When Boy gets upset during the Christmas season of 1936, what does Leola find in his coat pocket?
3. When Dunstan visits Mary Dempster, after his return from Europe, what is she wearing each time he comes?
4. Boy dies a few days before he was to be appointed to what post?
5. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)