|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
(d) No one.
2. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He doesn't die.
(b) He gets murdered.
(c) He gets run over by a car.
(d) He commits suicide.
3. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
(a) A year after Boy returns from his war efforts.
(b) A year after Boy's second wedding.
(c) A year after Dunstan returns from Mexico.
(d) A year after Dunstan stops visiting her.
4. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
(a) Miss Shanklin's housekeeper.
(b) Miss Shanklin's lawyer.
(c) Miss Shanklin's husband.
(d) Miss Shanklin's lover.
5. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
(a) The Amazing Great Head.
(b) The Talking Head.
(c) The Brazen Head.
(d) The all-knowing crystal ball.
6. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
7. What holiday does Boy Staunton's son hate?
(a) New Years.
8. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In a private hospital in Toronto.
(b) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(c) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
(d) In a public hospital in Toronto.
9. When does Boy return for good from his war efforts in Europe?
10. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
(a) Information on the saints.
(b) Publication of his essays.
(c) Housing while he is in Europe.
(d) Information on the Catholic church.
11. After Liesl and Dunstan fight, what does Liesl come back to get from Dunstan's room?
(a) Her room key.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her wallet.
12. What is the name of the woman who plays Gretchen and Venus in the show Dunstan sees in Mexico?
13. Who introduces Eisengrim to Boy?
14. Before being able to write Boy's autobiography, Dunstan suffers from what health issue?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A stroke.
(c) The flu.
15. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
(a) A pen name.
(b) The name of Magnus Eisengrim.
(c) Boy Staunton's name.
(d) The name of Mary Dempster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
2. Leola dies of what disease?
3. On what day does Padre Blazon say that Dunstan should honor Mary Dempster in his prayers?
4. The papers reported Boy Staunton was found in his car in the bottom of what harbor?
5. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)