|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boy Staunton's best selling item?
(b) Soft drinks.
(c) Vitamin enriched bread.
2. What holiday does Boy Staunton's son hate?
(c) New Years.
3. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
(c) No one.
4. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
(c) A priest.
(d) A Catholic.
5. When does Boy return for good from his war efforts in Europe?
6. Liesl suggests that Eisengrim set up an automatic payment at the bank to do what?
(a) Cover the costs of Dunstan's further travel.
(b) Pay Dunstan to help his mother.
(c) Pay the salaries of the show's employees.
(d) Help pay for his mother's care.
7. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
(b) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
(c) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(d) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
8. What school does David go to when he is twelve years old?
(a) Colgate School University.
(b) Public School.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) University College.
9. Who provides the voice for the thought-sensing trick?
10. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
(a) Boy Staunton's name.
(b) The name of Magnus Eisengrim.
(c) The name of Mary Dempster.
(d) A pen name.
11. Dunstan's priest friend from Europe sends what to Dunstan, asking if he has found the importance of Mary Dempster in his life?
12. What book of Dunstan's becomes a bestseller?
(a) Thousand Saints for Teachers and Students.
(b) Thousand Saints for Travelers.
(c) A History of Saints in Europe.
(d) The autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim.
13. Who asks Dunstan to write the official autobiography of Boy's life?
14. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
(a) Magnus Eisengrim's autobiography.
(b) A story about Magnus Eisengrim.
(c) A history of magic tricks.
(d) A story of their magic show.
15. When Boy gets upset during the Christmas season of 1936, what does Leola find in his coat pocket?
(a) A note from Boy's father.
(b) A receipt for her Christmas present.
(c) A note from Boy's lover.
(d) A receipt for a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. The final act of the show Dunston sees in Latin America is based on what tale?
2. What is the name of the woman who plays Gretchen and Venus in the show Dunstan sees in Mexico?
3. What is the name of the woman Boy Staunton marries after the death of his first wife?
4. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
5. Liesl is a student of what?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)