|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dunstan finds the Bollandists, where does he find Padre Blazon?
(a) In a resturaunt in Paris.
(b) At a church in Lyon.
(c) In the Bollandist monastary.
(d) In a hospital in Vienna.
2. In relation to Destiny, what does Dunstan see himself as?
(a) A helper.
(b) A fighter.
(c) A user.
(d) A collaborator.
3. When speaking to Padre Blazon, who does Dunstan refer to as his devil?
4. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
(a) Milo Papple.
(b) Paul Dempster.
(c) Michael Popple.
(d) Mary Dempster.
5. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(b) No one, they are buried.
(c) They put the ashes in the river.
6. Wettenhall lost all his money in what event?
(a) The war.
(b) The stock market crash of 1929.
(c) The investment market crash of 1934.
(d) The Great Depression.
7. The final act of the show Dunston sees in Latin America is based on what tale?
(b) Mark Twain.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
8. Who tells David of his mother's death?
9. When Dunstan does not respond to Liesl's advances, what does Liesl beat him with?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A bat.
(c) His wooden leg.
(d) His cane.
10. In addition to caring for Mrs. Dempster, teaching, and being Boy's primary confidant, what publication is Dunstan doing a lot of writing for?
(a) Jesuit publication of the Saints.
(b) Saints of the Bollandiana.
(c) Jesuit Analecta.
(d) Analecta Bollandiana.
11. Boy describes sex as if it were what sporting event?
(a) A basketball game.
(b) A football game.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A round of boxing.
12. While Dunstan is in Latin America, what kind of show does he go see?
(a) A side show.
(b) A dancing show.
(c) A theater show.
(d) A magic show.
13. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Padre Franco.
(b) Father Dylan.
(c) Father Ignacio.
(d) Padre Blazon.
14. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A professor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A published author.
15. Boy makes a fortune during what time period because he specializes in providing bulky, comforting and cheap food?
(a) The Depression.
(b) World War II.
(c) The 1910's.
(d) The 1940's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the former Headmaster died, what has Dunstan been doing?
2. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
3. What is the name of the woman Boy Staunton marries after the death of his first wife?
4. What is the name of the woman who plays Gretchen and Venus in the show Dunstan sees in Mexico?
5. Dunstan loses his ability to visit Mary Dempster because he told her what?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)