|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
(a) Not bringing her any gifts.
(b) Leaving her for so long while he was in Mexico.
(c) Telling her about Paul.
(d) Not visiting her anymore.
2. Who provides the voice for the thought-sensing trick?
3. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
(a) A letter from his son.
(b) A letter from his mistress.
(c) His wallet with a lot of money in it.
(d) The letter appointing him to be Lieutenant-Governor.
4. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
(a) Begins another trip around Canada.
(b) Dies in an accident.
(c) Abdicates his throne.
(d) Visits the Stauntons.
5. What is the name of the woman Boy Staunton marries after the death of his first wife?
(a) Denyse Hornick .
(b) Darla Harris.
(c) Dora Hancock.
(d) Dolly Halibut.
6. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
7. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Father Dylan.
(b) Father Ignacio.
(c) Padre Blazon.
(d) Padre Franco.
8. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
(a) Spoiled Bully Boy.
(b) Rich Bully Boy.
(c) Spoiled Young Ruler.
(d) Rich Young Ruler.
9. Dunstan loses his ability to visit Mary Dempster because he told her what?
(a) That Dunstan is paying for her care.
(b) That her husband is dead.
(c) That Paul was dead.
(d) That he had found Paul.
10. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(c) No one, they are buried.
(d) They put the ashes in the river.
11. When Paul thanks Dunstan for the temporary loan, what is he referring to?
(a) The money Dunstan gave him while they were in Europe.
(b) The money Paul got when his mother died.
(c) The money in Dunstan's wallet when he took it in Europe.
(d) The money Dunstan sent him when he ran away.
12. What health problem led to Mary Dempster's death?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Falling down the stairs.
(c) A stroke.
(d) Hitting her head.
13. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
(a) No one.
(b) The children's nurse.
(c) Leola Staunton.
(d) Boy Staunton.
14. When Leola is found in the bathtub, who is her note addressed to?
(d) Her children.
15. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
(b) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(c) In a public hospital in Toronto.
(d) In a private hospital in Toronto.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
2. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
3. Who introduces Eisengrim to Boy?
4. What did Leola and Boy name their son who was born nine months after the dinner where Leola was humiliated in front of Dunstan?
5. What book of Dunstan's becomes a bestseller?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)