|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul thanks Dunstan for the temporary loan, what is he referring to?
(a) The money Dunstan sent him when he ran away.
(b) The money Paul got when his mother died.
(c) The money in Dunstan's wallet when he took it in Europe.
(d) The money Dunstan gave him while they were in Europe.
2. Dunstan's priest friend is tolerated by the other Jesuits because he is what?
(a) Well-learned and intelligent.
(b) Smart and dying.
(c) Old and senile.
(d) Fun and helpful.
3. What holiday does Boy Staunton's son hate?
(c) New Years.
4. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
(a) The letter appointing him to be Lieutenant-Governor.
(b) A letter from his mistress.
(c) A letter from his son.
(d) His wallet with a lot of money in it.
5. Who tells David of his mother's death?
6. What is on the roll of film Boy gives to Dunston to develop?
(a) Pictures of him with Leola.
(b) Dirty pictures of women other than Leola.
(c) Pictures of him cheating on Leola.
(d) Sexy pictures of Leola.
7. What health problem led to Mary Dempster's death?
(a) Falling down the stairs.
(b) A stroke.
(c) Hitting her head.
(d) A heart attack.
8. What is Boy Staunton's best selling item?
(a) Soft drinks.
(c) Vitamin enriched bread.
9. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
(a) Milo Papple.
(b) Michael Popple.
(c) Paul Dempster.
(d) Mary Dempster.
10. When Dunstan does not respond to Liesl's advances, what does Liesl beat him with?
(a) A lamp.
(b) His cane.
(c) A bat.
(d) His wooden leg.
11. Liesl was raised in what religion?
12. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
(a) Boy calling his mother a whore.
(b) Boy's bullying of the other boys.
(c) Boy's awful treatment of Dunstan.
(d) The village's hate of his mother.
13. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
(a) A story about Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) A history of magic tricks.
(c) A story of their magic show.
(d) Magnus Eisengrim's autobiography.
14. Who is Magnus Eisengrim?
(a) An old student of Dunstan's.
(b) Padre Barzon.
(c) Paul Dempster.
(d) A friend of Percy's.
15. What is the tour in Mexico supposed to do for the show?
(a) Perfect it.
(b) Gain a following.
(c) Bring it to international notice.
(d) Make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
2. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
3. After Liesl and Dunstan fight, what does Liesl come back to get from Dunstan's room?
4. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
5. When Dunstan finds the Bollandists, where does he find Padre Blazon?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)