|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
(a) The story of Candules and King Gyanvies.
(b) The story of Gyges and King Candaules.
(c) The story of St. Dunstan and the devil.
(d) The story of St. Wilgefortis.
2. Who plays the heroine on the Opera stages of Europe?
(c) Prima Donna.
3. Liesl is a student of what?
4. Boy's second wife believes she can get him appointed to what position?
(b) Advisor to the Crown.
(c) Cabinet Minister.
5. When Dunstan finds the Bollandists, where does he find Padre Blazon?
(a) In a hospital in Vienna.
(b) In a resturaunt in Paris.
(c) In the Bollandist monastary.
(d) At a church in Lyon.
6. The role of Fifth Business is from what art form?
7. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(b) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
(c) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
(d) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
8. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
(a) Liesl leaves the show.
(b) Dunstan escorts Liesl out of his room.
(c) Liesl and Dunstan go for a walk.
(d) Liesl seduces Dunstan.
9. On what day does Padre Blazon say that Dunstan should honor Mary Dempster in his prayers?
(a) All Saint's Day.
(b) Mother's Day.
(c) All Soul's Day.
(d) Martyr's Day.
10. Dunstan's habit is to visit Mary Dempster and her aunt when?
(a) Every other Saturday.
(b) Every Saturday.
(c) Every Sunday.
(d) Every other Sunday.
11. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Padre Franco.
(b) Father Ignacio.
(c) Father Dylan.
(d) Padre Blazon.
12. What is Boy Staunton's best selling item?
(c) Vitamin enriched bread.
(d) Soft drinks.
13. Dunstan's priest friend from Europe sends what to Dunstan, asking if he has found the importance of Mary Dempster in his life?
14. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
(a) The Amazing Great Head.
(b) The Talking Head.
(c) The Brazen Head.
(d) The all-knowing crystal ball.
15. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
(a) His inability to feel love for anyone.
(b) His inability to love his mother.
(c) His inability to love a woman.
(d) His inability to connect with his fellow human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dunstan's priest friend is tolerated by the other Jesuits because he is what?
2. Liesl suggests that Eisengrim set up an automatic payment at the bank to do what?
3. In addition to caring for Mrs. Dempster, teaching, and being Boy's primary confidant, what publication is Dunstan doing a lot of writing for?
4. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
5. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)