|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The role of Fifth Business is from what art form?
2. Wettenhall lost all his money in what event?
(a) The investment market crash of 1934.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The war.
(d) The stock market crash of 1929.
3. Boy tells Eisengrim that he doesn't remember the Dempsters. What reason does Boy give?
(a) He doesn't remember things before the war.
(b) He only remembers events after his injury.
(c) He doesn't remember things that have no use to him.
(d) He only remembers positive things.
4. What does Boy rely on Dunstan for at parties?
(a) To keep the dullest guests occupied.
(b) To keep the guests happy.
(c) To speak intelligently about current events.
(d) To be the dullest guest.
5. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
(a) Abdicates his throne.
(b) Visits the Stauntons.
(c) Dies in an accident.
(d) Begins another trip around Canada.
6. Boy makes a fortune during what time period because he specializes in providing bulky, comforting and cheap food?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Depression.
(c) The 1940's.
(d) The 1910's.
7. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
(a) The name of Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) Boy Staunton's name.
(c) A pen name.
(d) The name of Mary Dempster.
8. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
(a) The village's hate of his mother.
(b) Boy's awful treatment of Dunstan.
(c) Boy calling his mother a whore.
(d) Boy's bullying of the other boys.
9. What is the tour in Mexico supposed to do for the show?
(a) Make money.
(b) Gain a following.
(c) Perfect it.
(d) Bring it to international notice.
10. Who introduces Eisengrim to Boy?
11. What is the name of the woman Boy Staunton marries after the death of his first wife?
(a) Darla Harris.
(b) Dora Hancock.
(c) Denyse Hornick .
(d) Dolly Halibut.
12. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He gets murdered.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He doesn't die.
(d) He gets run over by a car.
13. When Dunstan does not respond to Liesl's advances, what does Liesl beat him with?
(a) His wooden leg.
(b) His cane.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A bat.
14. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
(a) Spoiled Young Ruler.
(b) Spoiled Bully Boy.
(c) Rich Young Ruler.
(d) Rich Bully Boy.
15. Leola dies of what disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leola is found in the bathtub, who is her note addressed to?
2. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
3. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
4. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
5. Dunstan and his priest friend travel by train to what European city?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)