|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays the heroine on the Opera stages of Europe?
(b) Prima Donna.
2. What is the date and location the narrator gives for the writing of the story?
(a) Sankt Gallen, Switzerland, 1970.
(b) Sankt Gallen, Switzerland, 1960.
(c) Sankt Gallen, Switzerland, 1975.
(d) Sankt Gallen, Switzerland, 1975.
3. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
(a) The Talking Head.
(b) The Amazing Great Head.
(c) The Brazen Head.
(d) The all-knowing crystal ball.
4. In relation to Destiny, what does Dunstan see himself as?
(a) A user.
(b) A helper.
(c) A collaborator.
(d) A fighter.
5. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
(b) A priest.
(c) A Catholic.
6. Liesl was raised in what religion?
7. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
(a) A letter from his mistress.
(b) The letter appointing him to be Lieutenant-Governor.
(c) A letter from his son.
(d) His wallet with a lot of money in it.
8. Leola dies of what disease?
9. Who tells David of his mother's death?
10. What position is Boy appointed to in the Cabinet?
(a) Minister of Food.
(b) Minister of Finance.
(c) Minister of Dispersment.
(d) Minister of Agriculture.
11. What does Boy rely on Dunstan for at parties?
(a) To be the dullest guest.
(b) To speak intelligently about current events.
(c) To keep the dullest guests occupied.
(d) To keep the guests happy.
12. Wettenhall lost all his money in what event?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The war.
(c) The investment market crash of 1934.
(d) The stock market crash of 1929.
13. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In a public hospital in Toronto.
(b) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
(c) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(d) In a private hospital in Toronto.
14. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He gets murdered.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He doesn't die.
(d) He gets run over by a car.
15. Dunstan loses his ability to visit Mary Dempster because he told her what?
(a) That Dunstan is paying for her care.
(b) That Paul was dead.
(c) That he had found Paul.
(d) That her husband is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paul thanks Dunstan for the temporary loan, what is he referring to?
2. The papers reported Boy Staunton was found in his car in the bottom of what harbor?
3. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
4. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
5. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)