|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
(a) A Catholic.
(b) A priest.
2. Boy tells Eisengrim that he doesn't remember the Dempsters. What reason does Boy give?
(a) He doesn't remember things before the war.
(b) He only remembers positive things.
(c) He doesn't remember things that have no use to him.
(d) He only remembers events after his injury.
3. Who does Eisengrim say was his first magic teacher?
(a) His mother.
(c) Le Solitaire.
4. When Dunstan visits Mary Dempster, after his return from Europe, what is she wearing each time he comes?
(a) Her coat and hat.
(b) Her bathrobe.
(c) The same dress.
(d) Her dress and shawl.
5. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
(a) Paul Dempster.
(b) Milo Papple.
(c) Mary Dempster.
(d) Michael Popple.
6. Boy's second wife believes she can get him appointed to what position?
(a) Cabinet Minister.
(d) Advisor to the Crown.
7. What holiday does Boy Staunton's son hate?
(a) New Years.
8. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
(a) His inability to connect with his fellow human beings.
(b) His inability to love his mother.
(c) His inability to feel love for anyone.
(d) His inability to love a woman.
9. In addition to caring for Mrs. Dempster, teaching, and being Boy's primary confidant, what publication is Dunstan doing a lot of writing for?
(a) Saints of the Bollandiana.
(b) Jesuit publication of the Saints.
(c) Analecta Bollandiana.
(d) Jesuit Analecta.
10. What is the relationship between Faustina and Eisengrim?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his employee.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his mistress.
11. Boy Staunton left on a walk during the Christmas season of 1936. When was he found?
(a) He was never found.
(b) The next day.
(c) After the New Year.
(d) After Christmas.
12. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
(a) Information on the Catholic church.
(b) Housing while he is in Europe.
(c) Publication of his essays.
(d) Information on the saints.
13. What health problem led to Mary Dempster's death?
(a) Falling down the stairs.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Hitting her head.
(d) A stroke.
14. What is the name of the woman who plays Gretchen and Venus in the show Dunstan sees in Mexico?
15. Boy takes a lot of heat for what characteristic?
(a) Being promiscuous.
(b) Being neglectful to his wife.
(c) Being a rich capitalist.
(d) Being obsessed with the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. The final act of the show Dunston sees in Latin America is based on what tale?
2. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
3. Who asks Dunstan to write the official autobiography of Boy's life?
4. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
5. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)