|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells David of his mother's death?
2. When Paul thanks Dunstan for the temporary loan, what is he referring to?
(a) The money Dunstan gave him while they were in Europe.
(b) The money in Dunstan's wallet when he took it in Europe.
(c) The money Dunstan sent him when he ran away.
(d) The money Paul got when his mother died.
3. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
(c) No one.
4. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
(a) Information on the Catholic church.
(b) Information on the saints.
(c) Housing while he is in Europe.
(d) Publication of his essays.
5. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
(a) Miss Shanklin's lover.
(b) Miss Shanklin's husband.
(c) Miss Shanklin's housekeeper.
(d) Miss Shanklin's lawyer.
6. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(b) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
(c) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
(d) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
7. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
(a) The Amazing Great Head.
(b) The Brazen Head.
(c) The Talking Head.
(d) The all-knowing crystal ball.
8. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
(a) Leaving her for so long while he was in Mexico.
(b) Not bringing her any gifts.
(c) Not visiting her anymore.
(d) Telling her about Paul.
9. In addition to caring for Mrs. Dempster, teaching, and being Boy's primary confidant, what publication is Dunstan doing a lot of writing for?
(a) Saints of the Bollandiana.
(b) Jesuit publication of the Saints.
(c) Analecta Bollandiana.
(d) Jesuit Analecta.
10. Since the former Headmaster died, what has Dunstan been doing?
(a) Serving as temporary Headmaster.
(b) Serving as the head teacher to help the interim Headmaster.
(c) Serving as the head of the search for a new Headmaster.
(d) Serving as the head of the history department.
11. What position is Boy appointed to in the Cabinet?
(a) Minister of Dispersment.
(b) Minister of Finance.
(c) Minister of Agriculture.
(d) Minister of Food.
12. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
(a) A story about Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) Magnus Eisengrim's autobiography.
(c) A history of magic tricks.
(d) A story of their magic show.
13. Boy dies a few days before he was to be appointed to what post?
(a) Cabinet Minister of Food Production and Distribution.
(b) Aide de Camp to the Crown Prince.
(c) Lieutenant-Governor of Quebec.
(d) Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario.
14. What is the relationship between Faustina and Eisengrim?
(a) She is his employee.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his mistress.
15. What is Boy Staunton's best selling item?
(c) Soft drinks.
(d) Vitamin enriched bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liesl was raised in what religion?
2. Dunstan's habit is to visit Mary Dempster and her aunt when?
3. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
4. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
5. Who provides the voice for the thought-sensing trick?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)