|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boy's second wife believes she can get him appointed to what position?
(b) Cabinet Minister.
(c) Advisor to the Crown.
2. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
(a) A professor.
(b) A published author.
(c) A writer.
(d) A teacher.
3. Boy takes a lot of heat for what characteristic?
(a) Being neglectful to his wife.
(b) Being obsessed with the Prince.
(c) Being promiscuous.
(d) Being a rich capitalist.
4. Liesl suggests that Eisengrim set up an automatic payment at the bank to do what?
(a) Pay Dunstan to help his mother.
(b) Pay the salaries of the show's employees.
(c) Help pay for his mother's care.
(d) Cover the costs of Dunstan's further travel.
5. What book of Dunstan's becomes a bestseller?
(a) Thousand Saints for Teachers and Students.
(b) The autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim.
(c) Thousand Saints for Travelers.
(d) A History of Saints in Europe.
6. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
(a) Mary Dempster.
(b) Paul Dempster.
(c) Michael Popple.
(d) Milo Papple.
7. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
(a) Spoiled Young Ruler.
(b) Spoiled Bully Boy.
(c) Rich Bully Boy.
(d) Rich Young Ruler.
8. What health problem led to Mary Dempster's death?
(a) Hitting her head.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A stroke.
(d) Falling down the stairs.
9. When Leola is found in the bathtub, who is her note addressed to?
(a) Her children.
10. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) A lace stocking.
(c) A small stone about the size of an egg.
(d) A love letter from his mistress.
11. What school does David go to when he is twelve years old?
(a) Colborne College.
(b) Public School.
(c) Colgate School University.
(d) University College.
12. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
(a) A story about Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) Magnus Eisengrim's autobiography.
(c) A history of magic tricks.
(d) A story of their magic show.
13. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
(a) Liesl leaves the show.
(b) Liesl seduces Dunstan.
(c) Liesl and Dunstan go for a walk.
(d) Dunstan escorts Liesl out of his room.
14. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He gets run over by a car.
(b) He doesn't die.
(c) He gets murdered.
(d) He commits suicide.
15. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
(a) The name of Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) The name of Mary Dempster.
(c) A pen name.
(d) Boy Staunton's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before being able to write Boy's autobiography, Dunstan suffers from what health issue?
2. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
3. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
4. Who tells David of his mother's death?
5. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)