|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In a public hospital in Toronto.
(b) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(c) In a private hospital in Toronto.
(d) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
2. Since the former Headmaster died, what has Dunstan been doing?
(a) Serving as temporary Headmaster.
(b) Serving as the head teacher to help the interim Headmaster.
(c) Serving as the head of the history department.
(d) Serving as the head of the search for a new Headmaster.
3. When does Boy return for good from his war efforts in Europe?
4. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
(a) The children.
5. Boy dies a few days before he was to be appointed to what post?
(a) Cabinet Minister of Food Production and Distribution.
(b) Lieutenant-Governor of Quebec.
(c) Aide de Camp to the Crown Prince.
(d) Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario.
6. Boy tells Eisengrim that he doesn't remember the Dempsters. What reason does Boy give?
(a) He only remembers positive things.
(b) He doesn't remember things before the war.
(c) He doesn't remember things that have no use to him.
(d) He only remembers events after his injury.
7. Dunstan's priest friend is tolerated by the other Jesuits because he is what?
(a) Fun and helpful.
(b) Smart and dying.
(c) Old and senile.
(d) Well-learned and intelligent.
8. While Dunstan is in Latin America, what kind of show does he go see?
(a) A side show.
(b) A dancing show.
(c) A magic show.
(d) A theater show.
9. The final act of the show Dunston sees in Latin America is based on what tale?
(a) Mark Twain.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
10. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(b) They put the ashes in the river.
(d) No one, they are buried.
11. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He gets murdered.
(b) He gets run over by a car.
(c) He doesn't die.
(d) He commits suicide.
12. After Liesl and Dunstan fight, what does Liesl come back to get from Dunstan's room?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her room key.
(c) Her wallet.
(d) Her coat.
13. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Father Ignacio.
(b) Father Dylan.
(c) Padre Franco.
(d) Padre Blazon.
14. What position is Boy appointed to in the Cabinet?
(a) Minister of Finance.
(b) Minister of Food.
(c) Minister of Dispersment.
(d) Minister of Agriculture.
15. What book of Dunstan's becomes a bestseller?
(a) Thousand Saints for Teachers and Students.
(b) The autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim.
(c) Thousand Saints for Travelers.
(d) A History of Saints in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Faustina and Eisengrim?
2. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
3. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
4. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
5. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)