|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
(a) His inability to connect with his fellow human beings.
(b) His inability to love a woman.
(c) His inability to feel love for anyone.
(d) His inability to love his mother.
2. What school does David go to when he is twelve years old?
(a) University College.
(b) Colgate School University.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) Public School.
3. What did Leola and Boy name their son who was born nine months after the dinner where Leola was humiliated in front of Dunstan?
4. Who is Magnus Eisengrim?
(a) A friend of Percy's.
(b) An old student of Dunstan's.
(c) Paul Dempster.
(d) Padre Barzon.
5. Liesl is a student of what?
6. The final act of the show Dunston sees in Latin America is based on what tale?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) Mark Twain.
7. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
(a) A small stone about the size of an egg.
(b) A lace stocking.
(c) A love letter from his mistress.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
8. When does Boy return for good from his war efforts in Europe?
9. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
(a) Not bringing her any gifts.
(b) Leaving her for so long while he was in Mexico.
(c) Not visiting her anymore.
(d) Telling her about Paul.
10. Before being able to write Boy's autobiography, Dunstan suffers from what health issue?
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) The flu.
11. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
12. When Paul thanks Dunstan for the temporary loan, what is he referring to?
(a) The money Dunstan gave him while they were in Europe.
(b) The money in Dunstan's wallet when he took it in Europe.
(c) The money Paul got when his mother died.
(d) The money Dunstan sent him when he ran away.
13. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
(a) Begins another trip around Canada.
(b) Abdicates his throne.
(c) Dies in an accident.
(d) Visits the Stauntons.
14. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
(b) The children.
15. Leola dies of what disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the roll of film Boy gives to Dunston to develop?
2. Who asks Dunstan to write the official autobiography of Boy's life?
3. When Dunstan visits Mary Dempster, after his return from Europe, what is she wearing each time he comes?
4. The papers reported Boy Staunton was found in his car in the bottom of what harbor?
5. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)