|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
(a) The letter appointing him to be Lieutenant-Governor.
(b) A letter from his mistress.
(c) His wallet with a lot of money in it.
(d) A letter from his son.
2. Boy makes a fortune during what time period because he specializes in providing bulky, comforting and cheap food?
(a) The Depression.
(b) The 1940's.
(c) The 1910's.
(d) World War II.
3. While Dunstan is in Latin America, what kind of show does he go see?
(a) A theater show.
(b) A side show.
(c) A dancing show.
(d) A magic show.
4. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
(c) Any voice will work.
5. In relation to Destiny, what does Dunstan see himself as?
(a) A collaborator.
(b) A helper.
(c) A fighter.
(d) A user.
6. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
(a) Abdicates his throne.
(b) Visits the Stauntons.
(c) Dies in an accident.
(d) Begins another trip around Canada.
7. When Dunstan does not respond to Liesl's advances, what does Liesl beat him with?
(a) A bat.
(b) His cane.
(c) A lamp.
(d) His wooden leg.
8. Where does Dunstan go the summer after Mary Dempster's death?
(a) Far East.
9. Wettenhall lost all his money in what event?
(a) The investment market crash of 1934.
(b) The war.
(c) The stock market crash of 1929.
(d) The Great Depression.
10. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
(a) A small stone about the size of an egg.
(b) A love letter from his mistress.
(c) A bottle of liquor.
(d) A lace stocking.
11. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
(a) Liesl seduces Dunstan.
(b) Liesl leaves the show.
(c) Liesl and Dunstan go for a walk.
(d) Dunstan escorts Liesl out of his room.
12. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
(b) No one.
13. What book does Dunstan agree to write for Liesl?
(a) A story about Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) Magnus Eisengrim's autobiography.
(c) A story of their magic show.
(d) A history of magic tricks.
14. When Dunstan visits Mary Dempster, after his return from Europe, what is she wearing each time he comes?
(a) Her dress and shawl.
(b) The same dress.
(c) Her coat and hat.
(d) Her bathrobe.
15. Boy's second wife believes she can get him appointed to what position?
(b) Advisor to the Crown.
(d) Cabinet Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of Dunstan's becomes a bestseller?
2. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
3. Liesl was raised in what religion?
4. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
5. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)