|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
(c) A priest.
(d) A Catholic.
2. Who does Dunstan believe Eisengrim is in love with?
(b) His dead mother.
3. Boy takes a lot of heat for what characteristic?
(a) Being a rich capitalist.
(b) Being neglectful to his wife.
(c) Being obsessed with the Prince.
(d) Being promiscuous.
4. When Boy gets upset during the Christmas season of 1936, what does Leola find in his coat pocket?
(a) A receipt for a new house.
(b) A note from Boy's father.
(c) A note from Boy's lover.
(d) A receipt for her Christmas present.
5. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
(a) Miss Shanklin's lover.
(b) Miss Shanklin's housekeeper.
(c) Miss Shanklin's husband.
(d) Miss Shanklin's lawyer.
6. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
(b) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
(c) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(d) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
7. What did Leola and Boy name their son who was born nine months after the dinner where Leola was humiliated in front of Dunstan?
8. Where does Dunstan go the summer after Mary Dempster's death?
(a) Far East.
9. If Dunstan says anything negative about Boy to Leona, what does Leona do?
(a) Tells Dunstan to be quiet.
(b) Tells Dunstan she already knows.
(c) Starts crying.
(d) Takes her husband's side.
10. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
(a) A year after Dunstan returns from Mexico.
(b) A year after Dunstan stops visiting her.
(c) A year after Boy returns from his war efforts.
(d) A year after Boy's second wedding.
11. When speaking to Padre Blazon, who does Dunstan refer to as his devil?
12. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
13. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Padre Blazon.
(b) Father Ignacio.
(c) Father Dylan.
(d) Padre Franco.
14. What holiday does Boy Staunton's son hate?
(c) New Years.
15. Boy tells Eisengrim that he doesn't remember the Dempsters. What reason does Boy give?
(a) He doesn't remember things before the war.
(b) He only remembers positive things.
(c) He only remembers events after his injury.
(d) He doesn't remember things that have no use to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
2. When Dunstan does not get the job as the new Headmaster, he insists on a paid leave of absence to go where?
3. Since the former Headmaster died, what has Dunstan been doing?
4. What book of Dunstan's becomes a bestseller?
5. Boy dies a few days before he was to be appointed to what post?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)