|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(a) No one, they are buried.
(c) They put the ashes in the river.
2. When does Mrs. Dempster die?
(a) A year after Boy's second wedding.
(b) A year after Dunstan stops visiting her.
(c) A year after Boy returns from his war efforts.
(d) A year after Dunstan returns from Mexico.
3. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Father Ignacio.
(b) Padre Franco.
(c) Padre Blazon.
(d) Father Dylan.
4. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
(a) A pen name.
(b) The name of Mary Dempster.
(c) The name of Magnus Eisengrim.
(d) Boy Staunton's name.
5. What did Leola and Boy name their son who was born nine months after the dinner where Leola was humiliated in front of Dunstan?
6. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
(a) Boy Staunton.
(b) The children's nurse.
(c) Leola Staunton.
(d) No one.
7. Liesl is a student of what?
8. Boy Staunton left on a walk during the Christmas season of 1936. When was he found?
(a) After Christmas.
(b) After the New Year.
(c) He was never found.
(d) The next day.
9. Where does Dunstan place Mary Dempster for care after her aunt dies?
(a) In her aunt's house with round-the-clock care.
(b) In a private hospital in Toronto.
(c) In a public hospital in Toronto.
(d) In a new house with round-the-clock care.
10. When Dunstan finds the Bollandists, where does he find Padre Blazon?
(a) At a church in Lyon.
(b) In a resturaunt in Paris.
(c) In a hospital in Vienna.
(d) In the Bollandist monastary.
11. Before being able to write Boy's autobiography, Dunstan suffers from what health issue?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) The flu.
(d) A stroke.
12. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
(a) Boy calling his mother a whore.
(b) Boy's bullying of the other boys.
(c) Boy's awful treatment of Dunstan.
(d) The village's hate of his mother.
13. Dunstan's habit is to visit Mary Dempster and her aunt when?
(a) Every other Saturday.
(b) Every Saturday.
(c) Every other Sunday.
(d) Every Sunday.
14. After Liesl and Dunstan fight, what does Liesl come back to get from Dunstan's room?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her room key.
(d) Her wallet.
15. On what day does Padre Blazon say that Dunstan should honor Mary Dempster in his prayers?
(a) Martyr's Day.
(b) All Soul's Day.
(c) Mother's Day.
(d) All Saint's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boy gets upset during the Christmas season of 1936, what does Leola find in his coat pocket?
2. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
3. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
4. What is the name of the woman who plays Gretchen and Venus in the show Dunstan sees in Mexico?
5. When Boy was at Eisengrim's show, what was he carrying in his pocket?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)