|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the police puzzled to find in Boy's mouth?
(a) A small stone about the size of an egg.
(b) A lace stocking.
(c) A love letter from his mistress.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
2. If Dunstan says anything negative about Boy to Leona, what does Leona do?
(a) Takes her husband's side.
(b) Starts crying.
(c) Tells Dunstan she already knows.
(d) Tells Dunstan to be quiet.
3. Who does Dunstan believe Eisengrim is in love with?
(c) His dead mother.
4. Liesl was raised in what religion?
5. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
(a) A priest.
(d) A Catholic.
6. When Boy humiliates Leola at dinner with Dunstan, what story does Dunstan tell Boy?
(a) The story of St. Dunstan and the devil.
(b) The story of Gyges and King Candaules.
(c) The story of St. Wilgefortis.
(d) The story of Candules and King Gyanvies.
7. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(c) No one, they are buried.
(d) They put the ashes in the river.
8. Liesl suggests that Eisengrim set up an automatic payment at the bank to do what?
(a) Cover the costs of Dunstan's further travel.
(b) Help pay for his mother's care.
(c) Pay Dunstan to help his mother.
(d) Pay the salaries of the show's employees.
9. Boy's second wife believes she can get him appointed to what position?
(a) Advisor to the Crown.
(b) Cabinet Minister.
10. What is the name of the woman Boy Staunton marries after the death of his first wife?
(a) Dolly Halibut.
(b) Denyse Hornick .
(c) Dora Hancock.
(d) Darla Harris.
11. What is the relationship between Faustina and Eisengrim?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his employee.
(c) She is his mistress.
(d) She is his cousin.
12. Who shows up at Leona's funeral and remarks that it must be hard for Dunstan to lose her a second time?
(a) Mary Dempster.
(b) Paul Dempster.
(c) Milo Papple.
(d) Michael Popple.
13. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
14. What does Liesl tell Dunstan his obsession with Mary Dempster is about?
(a) His inability to love his mother.
(b) His inability to connect with his fellow human beings.
(c) His inability to feel love for anyone.
(d) His inability to love a woman.
15. What school does David go to when he is twelve years old?
(a) Colborne College.
(b) University College.
(c) Public School.
(d) Colgate School University.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the Opera stages of Europe, what kind of voice usually plays the odd man out?
2. Liesl wants to incorporate a thought-reading act into the show called what?
3. When Dunstan does not get the job as the new Headmaster, he insists on a paid leave of absence to go where?
4. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
5. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)