|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What health problem led to Mary Dempster's death?
(a) A stroke.
(b) Falling down the stairs.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Hitting her head.
2. Who is Magnus Eisengrim?
(a) A friend of Percy's.
(b) Paul Dempster.
(c) Padre Barzon.
(d) An old student of Dunstan's.
3. Boy takes a lot of heat for what characteristic?
(a) Being promiscuous.
(b) Being neglectful to his wife.
(c) Being a rich capitalist.
(d) Being obsessed with the Prince.
4. Who tells David of his mother's death?
5. When Dunstan visits Mary Dempster, after his return from Europe, what is she wearing each time he comes?
(a) Her dress and shawl.
(b) Her coat and hat.
(c) The same dress.
(d) Her bathrobe.
6. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Father Ignacio.
(b) Padre Franco.
(c) Father Dylan.
(d) Padre Blazon.
7. Instead of using his own name as the author when he publishes the autobiography of Magnus Eisengrim, Dunstan uses what?
(a) The name of Magnus Eisengrim.
(b) The name of Mary Dempster.
(c) Boy Staunton's name.
(d) A pen name.
8. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
(a) Rich Bully Boy.
(b) Spoiled Bully Boy.
(c) Spoiled Young Ruler.
(d) Rich Young Ruler.
9. Dunstan's priest friend from Europe sends what to Dunstan, asking if he has found the importance of Mary Dempster in his life?
10. What woman does Dunstan fall in love with when he is in Latin America?
(d) No one.
11. Liesl is a student of what?
12. What is Boy Staunton's best selling item?
(b) Soft drinks.
(c) Vitamin enriched bread.
13. Who does Dunstan believe Eisengrim is in love with?
(d) His dead mother.
14. On December 11, 1936, the Crown Prince (now the young King) does what?
(a) Dies in an accident.
(b) Abdicates his throne.
(c) Begins another trip around Canada.
(d) Visits the Stauntons.
15. Who introduces Eisengrim to Boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
2. The Board of the school where Dunstan is teaching wants its new Headmaster to be what?
3. After Liesl and Dunstan fight, what does Liesl come back to get from Dunstan's room?
4. When Dunstan goes out to eat with his priest friend, he pays the bill in exchange for what?
5. What happens after Liesl explains the role of the Fifth Business?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)