|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the roll of film Boy gives to Dunston to develop?
(a) Dirty pictures of women other than Leola.
(b) Pictures of him with Leola.
(c) Pictures of him cheating on Leola.
(d) Sexy pictures of Leola.
2. Dunstan asks Padre Blazon if he has found God helps him be what?
3. Boy dies a few days before he was to be appointed to what post?
(a) Lieutenant-Governor of Quebec.
(b) Aide de Camp to the Crown Prince.
(c) Cabinet Minister of Food Production and Distribution.
(d) Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario.
4. Who is the most colorful priest that Dunstan meets in the Jesuit community?
(a) Father Ignacio.
(b) Padre Blazon.
(c) Father Dylan.
(d) Padre Franco.
5. When Leola is found in the bathtub, who is her note addressed to?
(a) Her children.
6. What is the name of the daughter of Boy Staunton's second wife?
7. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
(b) No one, they are buried.
(d) They put the ashes in the river.
8. Who is Orpheus Wettenhall?
(a) Miss Shanklin's housekeeper.
(b) Miss Shanklin's lawyer.
(c) Miss Shanklin's husband.
(d) Miss Shanklin's lover.
9. Boy takes a lot of heat for what characteristic?
(a) Being neglectful to his wife.
(b) Being promiscuous.
(c) Being obsessed with the Prince.
(d) Being a rich capitalist.
10. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
(a) A professor.
(b) A published author.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A writer.
11. Since the former Headmaster died, what has Dunstan been doing?
(a) Serving as temporary Headmaster.
(b) Serving as the head of the search for a new Headmaster.
(c) Serving as the head teacher to help the interim Headmaster.
(d) Serving as the head of the history department.
12. What does Eisengrim tell Boy that he called him during Eisengrim's days in Deptford?
(a) Rich Young Ruler.
(b) Spoiled Bully Boy.
(c) Rich Bully Boy.
(d) Spoiled Young Ruler.
13. Liesl was raised in what religion?
14. Liesl is a student of what?
15. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
(a) Boy Staunton.
(b) The children's nurse.
(c) No one.
(d) Leola Staunton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
2. In relation to Destiny, what does Dunstan see himself as?
3. When Eisengrim is speaking to Boy, what does Eisengrim say caused him to run away?
4. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
5. What school does David go to when he is twelve years old?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)