|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dunstan loses his ability to visit Mary Dempster because he told her what?
(a) That he had found Paul.
(b) That Dunstan is paying for her care.
(c) That Paul was dead.
(d) That her husband is dead.
2. How does Orpheus Wettenhall die?
(a) He gets run over by a car.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He gets murdered.
(d) He doesn't die.
3. What health problem led to Mary Dempster's death?
(a) Hitting her head.
(b) Falling down the stairs.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
4. Liesl was raised in what religion?
5. While Dunstan is in Latin America, what kind of show does he go see?
(a) A dancing show.
(b) A side show.
(c) A theater show.
(d) A magic show.
6. What school does David go to when he is twelve years old?
(a) University College.
(b) Colgate School University.
(c) Public School.
(d) Colborne College.
7. When Boy gets upset during the Christmas season of 1936, what does Leola find in his coat pocket?
(a) A note from Boy's father.
(b) A receipt for a new house.
(c) A note from Boy's lover.
(d) A receipt for her Christmas present.
8. When does Boy return for good from his war efforts in Europe?
9. If Dunstan says anything negative about Boy to Leona, what does Leona do?
(a) Starts crying.
(b) Tells Dunstan she already knows.
(c) Takes her husband's side.
(d) Tells Dunstan to be quiet.
10. When Dunstan visits Mary Dempster, after his return from Europe, what is she wearing each time he comes?
(a) Her coat and hat.
(b) The same dress.
(c) Her dress and shawl.
(d) Her bathrobe.
11. What does Dunstan find in a local cathedral in Salzburg?
(a) The statue of the Madonna that looked like his mother.
(b) The statue that saved the lives of his men during the war.
(c) The statue of the Madonna that he saw the night he was injured.
(d) The statue of a long lost saint he wants to write about..
12. Dunstan blames Mrs. Dempster's broken spirits on what act of his?
(a) Leaving her for so long while he was in Mexico.
(b) Telling her about Paul.
(c) Not visiting her anymore.
(d) Not bringing her any gifts.
13. Where does Dunstan go the summer after Mary Dempster's death?
(a) Far East.
14. Padre Blazon refers to Mary Dempster as what?
(a) Dunstan's purpose in life.
(b) Dunstan's mother.
(c) Dunstan's fool-saint.
(d) Dunstan's obsession.
15. Who provides the voice for the thought-sensing trick?
Short Answer Questions
1. The papers reported Boy Staunton was found in his car in the bottom of what harbor?
2. What does Boy rely on Dunstan for at parties?
3. The role of Fifth Business is from what art form?
4. Who is the keeper of Mrs. Dempster's ashes?
5. Boy tells Eisengrim that he doesn't remember the Dempsters. What reason does Boy give?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)