|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the town find Mrs. Dempster after she wanders off at night?
(a) In the gravel pits behind a tree.
(b) In the bushes behind the church.
(c) In the bushes off the road.
(d) In the gravel pits in a clump of bushes.
2. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(b) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
(c) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
(d) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
3. What does the Catholic priest say to Dunstan's comment that Mrs. Dempster is a saint?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He asks for proof.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He smiles.
4. In an effort to find shelter during a night raid, what does Dunstable run into that saves his men from enemy fire?
(a) A nest of German infantry men.
(b) A nest of German machine gunmen.
(c) A nest of German snipers.
(d) A nest of German artillery.
5. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
(b) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(c) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
(d) Because he is afraid of the shame.
6. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) Edward University.
(b) Quebec University.
(c) University College.
(d) Colgate College.
7. What does Percy's mother call him?
(a) Pidgy Boy-Boy.
(b) Piggy Boy-Boy.
(c) Boy Piggy-Piggy.
(d) Boy Piggly-Wiggly.
8. Dunny's parents were killed by what?
(a) The flu epidemic of 1920.
(b) The flu epidemic of 1919.
(c) The flu epidemic of 1917.
(d) The flu epidemic of 1918.
9. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
10. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) The commanding general.
11. What subject does Percy study in college?
12. What military division was Dunstable part of?
(a) The First Canadian Division.
(b) The Third Canadian Division.
(c) The Second Canadian Division.
(d) The Third Canadian Division.
13. What is the name of Dunstan's home village?
14. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
(a) Prays and calls out his name.
(b) Breathes on him and calls his name.
(d) Prays over him.
15. During his college years, Percy Staunton renamed himself what?
(a) Man Staunton.
(b) Boyd Staunton.
(c) Boy Staunton.
(d) Percy Boyd Staunton.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his college years, who is Percy Staunton's role model?
2. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
3. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
4. What is the name of the lady who took Mary Dempster away from Deptford?
5. What does Dunstan do right after college?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)