|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a ship.
(c) At dinner.
(d) At a hotel.
2. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
3. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colborne College.
(b) University College.
(c) Colgate University.
(d) Colborne University.
4. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
(a) The King.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The commanding general.
5. What is the name of Dunstan's home village?
6. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
(b) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
(c) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(d) Because he is afraid of the shame.
7. What does Dunny tell Diana he wants to do after the war?
(a) Return to Canada and go to university.
(b) Return to Canada and marry Leola.
(c) Stay where he is and marry Diana.
(d) Stay where he is an go to university.
8. Who is the leader of the circus Paul belongs to?
(a) Le Sollom.
(b) Le Soliere.
(c) Le Solitaire.
(d) Le Solariam.
9. Which character was born prematurely?
(a) Leola Cruikshank.
(b) Paul Dempster.
(d) Percy Stanton.
10. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(b) Political Science.
11. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
(a) The supplies he prayed for.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) His phone number.
12. What is Leola wearing when she is standing next to Percy at Dunstan's celebration?
(a) Dunstan's class ring on her finger.
(b) A necklace that Dunstan gave her.
(c) A pair of earrings that Percy gave her.
(d) A diamond ring on her finger.
13. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
14. What does Dunstan give to Leola when he sees her next to Percy?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A hug.
(c) A ring.
(d) His medal.
15. Dunstan becomes victim of what rumors as a bachelor teacher?
(a) That he is a homosexual.
(b) That he is difficult to live with.
(c) That he is a pedophile.
(d) That he doesn't like women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
2. What is the title of Dunstan's first published book?
3. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
4. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
5. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)