|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
(a) He gives it to himself.
2. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
(a) Tourist sights he has never seen.
(b) Other colleges where he could teach.
(d) The battlefields where he once fought.
3. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colborne University.
(b) Colgate University.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) University College.
4. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent brain damage.
(b) Permanent hearing damage.
(c) Permanent vision damage.
(d) Permanent mobility damage.
5. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
6. During his college years, who is Percy Staunton's role model?
(a) The King of England.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Prince of England.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
7. What did Paul Dempster do when he was 10 years old?
(a) Run away with gypsies.
(b) Run away with the circus.
(c) Run away with a magician.
(d) Run away to his aunt.
8. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) His mother.
(b) To leave town to go to college.
(c) To enlist in the military.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
9. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
(a) The supplies he prayed for.
(b) His phone number.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
10. What religion is Mrs. Ramsay?
11. With what equipment does Dunny learn tricks that captivate Paul Dempster?
(a) Top Hat.
12. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
(a) A statue of Einstein.
(b) A statue of a scholar.
(c) A statue of Altas holding the world on his shoulders.
(d) A statue of the Virgin and Child.
13. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(b) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(c) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(d) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
14. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) His money.
(b) Stock tips.
(c) Investment opportunities.
(d) How to earn interest.
15. In an effort to find shelter during a night raid, what does Dunstable run into that saves his men from enemy fire?
(a) A nest of German infantry men.
(b) A nest of German artillery.
(c) A nest of German snipers.
(d) A nest of German machine gunmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
2. Where does Dunstan go in Europe after he graduates?
3. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
4. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
5. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)