|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his college years, Percy Staunton renamed himself what?
(a) Boy Staunton.
(b) Man Staunton.
(c) Boyd Staunton.
(d) Percy Boyd Staunton.
2. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Six hundred people.
(b) Four hundred people.
(c) Five hundred and fifty people.
(d) Five hundred people.
3. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
(a) The study of saints of the Catholic church.
(b) The study of saints and statues found in historical churches.
(c) The study of paintings in historical churches.
(d) The study of Catholic churches.
4. What book does Dunny read often to Paul in order to have Paul watch him perform tricks?
(a) A Child's Book of the Church.
(b) A Child's Book of Tricks.
(c) A Child's Book of Magic Tricks.
(d) A Child's Book of Saints.
5. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
6. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
(c) Making snowmen.
(d) Making forts.
7. The night before Dunny departs from the village, what does Leola Cruikshank announce?
(a) That Dunny has replaced Percy in her heart.
(b) That she still loves Percy.
(c) That she wants to go with Dunny.
(d) That she will marry Dunny.
8. The "fool-saint" comes from which religious tradition?
9. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
(a) A statue of a scholar.
(b) A statue of Altas holding the world on his shoulders.
(c) A statue of Einstein.
(d) A statue of the Virgin and Child.
10. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
11. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mrs. Staunton.
(b) Mrs. Dempster.
(c) Mr. Dempster.
12. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) His money.
(b) Stock tips.
(c) Investment opportunities.
(d) How to earn interest.
13. Dunstan recognizes Joel Surgeoner as the tramp/vagrant who did what?
(a) Led Mary Dempster to her downfall.
(b) Stole Mary Dempster from her house.
(c) Ran away with Paul Dempster.
(d) Led Amsa Dempster to Mary Dempster.
14. What is Dunstan's quest in Europe?
(a) To visit all the battlefields so he can see where he was injured.
(b) To visit all his fellow soldiers who live in Europe.
(c) To find the statue of the Madonna he saw on the night he was injured.
(d) To find various statues of the Madonna.
15. What is the name of Dunstable's nurse in the hospital?
(a) Dina Merless.
(b) Deanna Margus.
(c) Diane Martin.
(d) Diana Marfleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
2. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
3. What do Diana's parents feel about Diana and Dunstan not marrying?
4. What did Paul Dempster do when he was 10 years old?
5. What does Dunstan do right after college?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)