|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
(b) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(c) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
(d) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
2. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
(a) Mrs. Dempster is sent to live with someone else.
(b) Mrs. Dempster is committed to an institution for crazy people.
(c) Mrs. Dempster is tied up to a rope in the house.
(d) Mrs. Dempster is killed by her husband.
3. What name does Milo Papple give to the Dempster's house?
(a) The funhouse.
(b) The nuthouse.
(c) The doghouse.
(d) The bughouse.
4. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
5. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
(a) On a ship.
(b) On a train.
(c) At dinner.
(d) At a hotel.
6. What does Dunstan do right after college?
(a) He earns his Ph.D.
(b) He earns his M.A.
(c) He goes to work as a teacher.
(d) He earns another B.A.
7. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
(a) A statue of Einstein.
(b) A statue of the Virgin and Child.
(c) A statue of Altas holding the world on his shoulders.
(d) A statue of a scholar.
8. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) The supplies he prayed for.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) His phone number.
9. Dunstan becomes victim of what rumors as a bachelor teacher?
(a) That he is a homosexual.
(b) That he doesn't like women.
(c) That he is difficult to live with.
(d) That he is a pedophile.
10. What does the narrator remember from his war experience?
(a) Earning medals and dodging bullets.
(b) Dodging bullets and attack plans.
(c) Historic events and confusion on the front lines.
(d) Chaos and confusion.
11. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) The commanding general.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The King.
12. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
13. Who is the narrator's intended audience?
(a) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay has retired.
(b) The Headmaster of the school where the narrator teaches.
(c) The Headmaster of the school where Percy Stanton graduated from.
(d) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay was fired.
14. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) Investment opportunities.
(b) His money.
(c) How to earn interest.
(d) Stock tips.
15. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
(c) He gives it to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
2. What happened to Dunstan's family's house and newspaper business after he left for school?
3. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
4. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
5. What military division was Dunstable part of?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)