|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Dunstan's first published book?
(a) A Hundred Saints for Travelers.
(b) A Hundred Saints for Everyone.
(c) A Hundred Saints for Teachers.
(d) A Hundred Saints for Boys and Men.
2. According to legend, what did St. Dunstan do to the devil?
(a) Twisted his nose with goldsmith's tongs.
(b) Spat in his face and didn't give in to temptation.
(c) Twisted his hand when the devil reached out in friendship.
(d) Walked away when the devil tempted him.
3. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
(a) Home sickness.
4. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) The supplies he prayed for.
(d) His phone number.
5. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
(a) The Anglican priest.
(b) The Baptist priest.
(c) The Protestant priest.
(d) The Catholic priest.
6. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
7. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
(a) Leanna Dummster.
(b) Mabel Heighington.
(c) Denna Parcival.
(d) Leola Cruikshank.
8. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) Quebec University.
(b) Edward University.
(c) Colgate College.
(d) University College.
9. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
(c) Making forts.
(d) Making snowmen.
10. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
(a) K.L. Award.
(b) C.V. Award.
(c) V.C. Award.
(d) F.G. Award.
11. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a ship.
(d) At dinner.
12. What rank does Dunstable achieve before he is twenty years-old?
13. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
(b) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
(c) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(d) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
14. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
15. What does Dunny tell Diana he wants to do after the war?
(a) Stay where he is an go to university.
(b) Return to Canada and marry Leola.
(c) Return to Canada and go to university.
(d) Stay where he is and marry Diana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
2. What did Paul Dempster do when he was 10 years old?
3. What does Percy's mother call him?
4. What book does Dunny read often to Paul in order to have Paul watch him perform tricks?
5. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)