|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) Mrs. Dempster.
(b) To leave town to go to college.
(c) His mother.
(d) To enlist in the military.
2. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mrs. Dempster.
(c) Mr. Dempster.
(d) Mrs. Staunton.
3. What religion is Mrs. Ramsay?
4. What does Dunstan do right after college?
(a) He earns his Ph.D.
(b) He goes to work as a teacher.
(c) He earns his M.A.
(d) He earns another B.A.
5. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
6. In an effort to find shelter during a night raid, what does Dunstable run into that saves his men from enemy fire?
(a) A nest of German machine gunmen.
(b) A nest of German snipers.
(c) A nest of German infantry men.
(d) A nest of German artillery.
7. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(b) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
(c) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
(d) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
8. What does Dunstan do when he visits his parents' now empty house?
(a) Take everything out to the dump.
(b) Clean the house and put it up for sale.
(c) Clear out a few things.
(d) Leave it as is and put it up for sale.
9. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
(a) His mother keeps him isolated.
(b) He is simple.
(c) His mother has a reputation for being simple.
(d) He lives in a house with his mother.
10. What news did Dunny's parents receive before they died?
(a) That Dunny was in the hospital and sick.
(b) That Dunny had won a prestigious award.
(c) That Dunny was alive.
(d) That Dunny was dead.
11. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
(a) F.G. Award.
(b) V.C. Award.
(c) K.L. Award.
(d) C.V. Award.
12. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Marian Dempster.
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(c) Mary Papple.
(d) Leanna Crushik.
13. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colgate University.
(b) University College.
(c) Colborne University.
(d) Colborne College.
14. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
(b) Home sickness.
15. Dunny's parents were killed by what?
(a) The flu epidemic of 1917.
(b) The flu epidemic of 1919.
(c) The flu epidemic of 1918.
(d) The flu epidemic of 1920.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
2. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
3. What do Diana's parents feel about Diana and Dunstan not marrying?
4. What is the name of the lady who took Mary Dempster away from Deptford?
5. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)