|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(d) Political Science.
2. Where does Dunstan go in Europe after he graduates?
3. Where does the town find Mrs. Dempster after she wanders off at night?
(a) In the bushes behind the church.
(b) In the gravel pits in a clump of bushes.
(c) In the bushes off the road.
(d) In the gravel pits behind a tree.
4. What news did Dunny's parents receive before they died?
(a) That Dunny was in the hospital and sick.
(b) That Dunny was dead.
(c) That Dunny had won a prestigious award.
(d) That Dunny was alive.
5. Where does Dunstan find Paul Dempster and a statue of Wilgefortis?
6. During his college years, Percy Staunton renamed himself what?
(a) Man Staunton.
(b) Boy Staunton.
(c) Boyd Staunton.
(d) Percy Boyd Staunton.
7. What is Leola wearing when she is standing next to Percy at Dunstan's celebration?
(a) A diamond ring on her finger.
(b) Dunstan's class ring on her finger.
(c) A necklace that Dunstan gave her.
(d) A pair of earrings that Percy gave her.
8. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) How to earn interest.
(b) Investment opportunities.
(c) His money.
(d) Stock tips.
9. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
10. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
(a) Leanna Dummster.
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(c) Denna Parcival.
(d) Mabel Heighington.
11. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Five hundred people.
(b) Six hundred people.
(c) Four hundred people.
(d) Five hundred and fifty people.
12. What does Dunstan do right after college?
(a) He goes to work as a teacher.
(b) He earns another B.A.
(c) He earns his M.A.
(d) He earns his Ph.D.
13. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
14. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mrs. Staunton.
(b) Mr. Dempster.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
15. According to legend, what did St. Dunstan do to the devil?
(a) Twisted his hand when the devil reached out in friendship.
(b) Walked away when the devil tempted him.
(c) Twisted his nose with goldsmith's tongs.
(d) Spat in his face and didn't give in to temptation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
2. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
3. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
4. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
5. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)