|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
(a) All Canadians who serve in the military are true men.
(b) All Canadians are the best soldiers.
(c) All Germans deserve to be killed.
(d) All Germans are the devil incarnate.
2. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
(a) The Queen.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) The commanding general.
(d) The King.
3. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) His money.
(b) Stock tips.
(c) Investment opportunities.
(d) How to earn interest.
4. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colborne College.
(b) Colborne University.
(c) Colgate University.
(d) University College.
5. What military division was Dunstable part of?
(a) The Third Canadian Division.
(b) The Third Canadian Division.
(c) The First Canadian Division.
(d) The Second Canadian Division.
6. What subject does Percy study in college?
7. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
(a) The study of saints of the Catholic church.
(b) The study of Catholic churches.
(c) The study of paintings in historical churches.
(d) The study of saints and statues found in historical churches.
8. What is Dunstan's quest in Europe?
(a) To find the statue of the Madonna he saw on the night he was injured.
(b) To visit all his fellow soldiers who live in Europe.
(c) To visit all the battlefields so he can see where he was injured.
(d) To find various statues of the Madonna.
9. Joel Surgeoner is the head of what?
(a) Lifeline Mission in Quebec.
(b) Lifeline Mission in Toronto.
(c) Lifeline Mission in Montreal.
(d) Lifeline Mission in Durston.
10. During his college years, who is Percy Staunton's role model?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) The Prince of England.
(d) The King of England.
11. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
12. Who is the leader of the circus Paul belongs to?
(a) Le Solariam.
(b) Le Soliere.
(c) Le Sollom.
(d) Le Solitaire.
13. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
(a) A church.
(b) A library.
(c) A school house.
(d) An unidentifiable building.
14. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Leanna Crushik.
(b) Mary Papple.
(c) Marian Dempster.
(d) Leola Cruikshank.
15. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. The "fool-saint" comes from which religious tradition?
2. With what equipment does Dunny learn tricks that captivate Paul Dempster?
3. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
4. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
5. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)