|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Deptford magistrate believe threw the snowball at Mrs. Dempster?
(a) Percy .
2. What is Leola wearing when she is standing next to Percy at Dunstan's celebration?
(a) A pair of earrings that Percy gave her.
(b) A diamond ring on her finger.
(c) A necklace that Dunstan gave her.
(d) Dunstan's class ring on her finger.
3. What part of Dunstable's body is amputated?
(a) His leg.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hand.
(d) His arm.
4. What do Percy and Leola name their first child?
(a) Edward Charles.
(b) Edward David.
(c) Charles Edward.
(d) David Edward.
5. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
(a) On a train.
(b) At dinner.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) On a ship.
6. Who is the leader of the circus Paul belongs to?
(a) Le Sollom.
(b) Le Solitaire.
(c) Le Soliere.
(d) Le Solariam.
7. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
(a) An under-librarian position.
(b) A type setter in the print shop.
(c) Secretary for his father's business.
(d) An assistant to the lawyer.
8. Where does Dunstan go in Europe after he graduates?
9. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
10. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
(a) Home sickness.
11. What did Paul Dempster do when he was 10 years old?
(a) Run away with a magician.
(b) Run away with the circus.
(c) Run away with gypsies.
(d) Run away to his aunt.
12. Which character was born prematurely?
(a) Percy Stanton.
(c) Leola Cruikshank.
(d) Paul Dempster.
13. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(b) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
(c) Because he is afraid of the shame.
(d) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
14. What does the narrator remember from his war experience?
(a) Historic events and confusion on the front lines.
(b) Dodging bullets and attack plans.
(c) Chaos and confusion.
(d) Earning medals and dodging bullets.
15. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) To leave town to go to college.
(b) His mother.
(c) To enlist in the military.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Milo Papple give to the Dempster's house?
2. What do Diana's parents feel about Diana and Dunstan not marrying?
3. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
4. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
5. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)