|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what equipment does Dunny learn tricks that captivate Paul Dempster?
(d) Top Hat.
2. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
3. Where does Dunstan find Paul Dempster and a statue of Wilgefortis?
4. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colborne University.
(b) Colgate University.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) University College.
5. In an effort to find shelter during a night raid, what does Dunstable run into that saves his men from enemy fire?
(a) A nest of German machine gunmen.
(b) A nest of German infantry men.
(c) A nest of German artillery.
(d) A nest of German snipers.
6. What book does Dunstable carry around in his pocket while he is serving at the front?
(a) A book of jokes.
(b) A book of prayers.
(c) A book of magic tricks.
(d) A Bible.
7. What do Percy and Leola name their first child?
(a) David Edward.
(b) Charles Edward.
(c) Edward Charles.
(d) Edward David.
8. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(d) Political Science.
9. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
(b) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(c) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
(d) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
10. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
11. What does the narrator remember from his war experience?
(a) Chaos and confusion.
(b) Dodging bullets and attack plans.
(c) Historic events and confusion on the front lines.
(d) Earning medals and dodging bullets.
12. Which church does Dunstan visit on his way out of town after his parents' funeral?
13. What religion is Mrs. Ramsay?
14. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
(a) In a hospital in England.
(b) In a hospital in Canada.
(c) In a hospital in France.
(d) In a hospital in America.
15. The night before Dunny departs from the village, what does Leola Cruikshank announce?
(a) That she wants to go with Dunny.
(b) That she still loves Percy.
(c) That she will marry Dunny.
(d) That Dunny has replaced Percy in her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character was born prematurely?
2. Dunstan recognizes Joel Surgeoner as the tramp/vagrant who did what?
3. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
4. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
5. What book does Dunny read often to Paul in order to have Paul watch him perform tricks?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)