|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
2. What does Dunstan do right after college?
(a) He earns his Ph.D.
(b) He goes to work as a teacher.
(c) He earns his M.A.
(d) He earns another B.A.
3. What rank does Dunstable achieve before he is twenty years-old?
4. Dunstan recognizes Joel Surgeoner as the tramp/vagrant who did what?
(a) Led Amsa Dempster to Mary Dempster.
(b) Ran away with Paul Dempster.
(c) Stole Mary Dempster from her house.
(d) Led Mary Dempster to her downfall.
5. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Five hundred and fifty people.
(b) Six hundred people.
(c) Four hundred people.
(d) Five hundred people.
6. Which character was born prematurely?
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(c) Paul Dempster.
(d) Percy Stanton.
7. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colborne University.
(b) University College.
(c) Colgate University.
(d) Colborne College.
8. What is the title of Dunstan's first published book?
(a) A Hundred Saints for Teachers.
(b) A Hundred Saints for Everyone.
(c) A Hundred Saints for Travelers.
(d) A Hundred Saints for Boys and Men.
9. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) His phone number.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) The supplies he prayed for.
10. What is Dunstan's quest in Europe?
(a) To find various statues of the Madonna.
(b) To find the statue of the Madonna he saw on the night he was injured.
(c) To visit all his fellow soldiers who live in Europe.
(d) To visit all the battlefields so he can see where he was injured.
11. What subject does Percy study in college?
12. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent brain damage.
(b) Permanent hearing damage.
(c) Permanent mobility damage.
(d) Permanent vision damage.
13. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
14. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(b) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(c) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(d) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
15. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
(a) All Germans deserve to be killed.
(b) All Canadians are the best soldiers.
(c) All Canadians who serve in the military are true men.
(d) All Germans are the devil incarnate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
2. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
3. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
4. Who is the narrator's intended audience?
5. What does the Catholic priest say to Dunstan's comment that Mrs. Dempster is a saint?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)