|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
(a) The Catholic priest.
(b) The Baptist priest.
(c) The Protestant priest.
(d) The Anglican priest.
2. What name does Milo Papple give to the Dempster's house?
(a) The doghouse.
(b) The bughouse.
(c) The nuthouse.
(d) The funhouse.
3. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent vision damage.
(b) Permanent brain damage.
(c) Permanent mobility damage.
(d) Permanent hearing damage.
4. What book does Dunny read often to Paul in order to have Paul watch him perform tricks?
(a) A Child's Book of the Church.
(b) A Child's Book of Saints.
(c) A Child's Book of Magic Tricks.
(d) A Child's Book of Tricks.
5. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Mary Papple.
(b) Leanna Crushik.
(c) Marian Dempster.
(d) Leola Cruikshank.
6. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) University College.
(b) Colborne College.
(c) Colborne University.
(d) Colgate University.
7. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
8. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
(a) A statue of a scholar.
(b) A statue of the Virgin and Child.
(c) A statue of Einstein.
(d) A statue of Altas holding the world on his shoulders.
9. Who is the narrator's intended audience?
(a) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay has retired.
(b) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay was fired.
(c) The Headmaster of the school where the narrator teaches.
(d) The Headmaster of the school where Percy Stanton graduated from.
10. Who is the leader of the circus Paul belongs to?
(a) Le Solariam.
(b) Le Sollom.
(c) Le Solitaire.
(d) Le Soliere.
11. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
12. Who cuts Dunstan's hair at the barbershop after his return to the village?
(a) Paul Dempster.
(b) Milo Papple.
(c) Mike Popple.
(d) Percy Staunton.
13. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mrs. Dempster.
(b) Mr. Dempster.
(c) Mrs. Staunton.
14. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The village square.
(c) The opera house.
(d) The church.
15. What do Diana's parents feel about Diana and Dunstan not marrying?
(c) They disapprove.
(d) They approve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
2. Which character was born prematurely?
3. Who does the Deptford magistrate believe threw the snowball at Mrs. Dempster?
4. During his college years, who is Percy Staunton's role model?
5. What college is Percy sent away to?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)