|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
(c) He gives it to himself.
2. What subject does Percy study in college?
3. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
(a) A type setter in the print shop.
(b) An under-librarian position.
(c) Secretary for his father's business.
(d) An assistant to the lawyer.
4. What happened to Dunstan's family's house and newspaper business after he left for school?
(a) The house was sold, and the newspaper went out of business.
(b) They were destroyed.
(c) He had them torn down.
(d) He sold them at auction.
5. What is the name of the lady who took Mary Dempster away from Deptford?
(a) Miss Bertha Shanklin.
(b) Miss Beth Sharky.
(c) Miss Belinda Shales.
(d) Miss Becky Shavels.
6. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent mobility damage.
(b) Permanent hearing damage.
(c) Permanent brain damage.
(d) Permanent vision damage.
7. What part of Dunstable's body is amputated?
(a) His foot.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His hand.
8. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
(a) Making forts.
(c) Making snowmen.
9. What college is Percy sent away to?
(a) Colborne College.
(b) Bashurn College.
(c) Ricburn College.
(d) Colgate College.
10. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
11. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
(a) A church.
(b) A school house.
(c) An unidentifiable building.
(d) A library.
12. Who cuts Dunstan's hair at the barbershop after his return to the village?
(a) Mike Popple.
(b) Paul Dempster.
(c) Milo Papple.
(d) Percy Staunton.
13. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(a) Political Science.
14. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
15. Who is the narrator's intended audience?
(a) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay has retired.
(b) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay was fired.
(c) The Headmaster of the school where the narrator teaches.
(d) The Headmaster of the school where Percy Stanton graduated from.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before Dunny departs from the village, what does Leola Cruikshank announce?
2. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
3. According to legend, what did St. Dunstan do to the devil?
4. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
5. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)