|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "fool-saint" comes from which religious tradition?
2. What nickname does Dunstable live down by performing a raunchy vaudevillian impersonation of Charlie Chaplain for the troops?
3. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
4. What does Percy's mother call him?
(a) Boy Piggly-Wiggly.
(b) Pidgy Boy-Boy.
(c) Piggy Boy-Boy.
(d) Boy Piggy-Piggy.
5. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
(a) The church.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The opera house.
(d) The village square.
6. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Marian Dempster.
(b) Leanna Crushik.
(c) Mary Papple.
(d) Leola Cruikshank.
7. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
8. What does the narrator remember from his war experience?
(a) Earning medals and dodging bullets.
(b) Dodging bullets and attack plans.
(c) Chaos and confusion.
(d) Historic events and confusion on the front lines.
9. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
(b) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(c) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
(d) Because he is afraid of the shame.
10. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
(a) He is simple.
(b) He lives in a house with his mother.
(c) His mother keeps him isolated.
(d) His mother has a reputation for being simple.
11. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
(a) K.L. Award.
(b) F.G. Award.
(c) V.C. Award.
(d) C.V. Award.
12. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(b) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(c) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(d) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
13. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
(a) The study of Catholic churches.
(b) The study of saints of the Catholic church.
(c) The study of paintings in historical churches.
(d) The study of saints and statues found in historical churches.
14. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
15. What news did Dunny's parents receive before they died?
(a) That Dunny was in the hospital and sick.
(b) That Dunny had won a prestigious award.
(c) That Dunny was dead.
(d) That Dunny was alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
2. Who cuts Dunstan's hair at the barbershop after his return to the village?
3. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
4. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
5. What does Dunstan do when he visits his parents' now empty house?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)