|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Dunstable live down by performing a raunchy vaudevillian impersonation of Charlie Chaplain for the troops?
2. What rank does Dunstable achieve before he is twenty years-old?
3. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) How to earn interest.
(b) Stock tips.
(c) His money.
(d) Investment opportunities.
4. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
(b) Tourist sights he has never seen.
(c) Other colleges where he could teach.
(d) The battlefields where he once fought.
5. What does Dunstan do right after college?
(a) He earns his Ph.D.
(b) He goes to work as a teacher.
(c) He earns his M.A.
(d) He earns another B.A.
6. What does Percy's mother call him?
(a) Boy Piggy-Piggy.
(b) Pidgy Boy-Boy.
(c) Piggy Boy-Boy.
(d) Boy Piggly-Wiggly.
7. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent vision damage.
(b) Permanent mobility damage.
(c) Permanent hearing damage.
(d) Permanent brain damage.
8. Where does Dunstan go in Europe after he graduates?
9. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
(b) Because he is afraid of the shame.
(c) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(d) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
10. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Mary Papple.
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(c) Marian Dempster.
(d) Leanna Crushik.
11. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mrs. Staunton.
(b) Mr. Dempster.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
12. In an effort to find shelter during a night raid, what does Dunstable run into that saves his men from enemy fire?
(a) A nest of German infantry men.
(b) A nest of German snipers.
(c) A nest of German artillery.
(d) A nest of German machine gunmen.
13. Who is the leader of the circus Paul belongs to?
(a) Le Soliere.
(b) Le Solitaire.
(c) Le Sollom.
(d) Le Solariam.
14. During his college years, who is Percy Staunton's role model?
(a) The King of England.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Prince of England.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
15. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) University College.
(b) Quebec University.
(c) Colgate College.
(d) Edward University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
2. What subject does Percy study in college?
3. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
4. What is Dunstan's quest in Europe?
5. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)