|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
(a) Mrs. Dempster is killed by her husband.
(b) Mrs. Dempster is committed to an institution for crazy people.
(c) Mrs. Dempster is tied up to a rope in the house.
(d) Mrs. Dempster is sent to live with someone else.
2. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent vision damage.
(b) Permanent brain damage.
(c) Permanent mobility damage.
(d) Permanent hearing damage.
3. What is the name of Dunstable's nurse in the hospital?
(a) Deanna Margus.
(b) Diane Martin.
(c) Diana Marfleet.
(d) Dina Merless.
4. According to legend, what did St. Dunstan do to the devil?
(a) Walked away when the devil tempted him.
(b) Twisted his nose with goldsmith's tongs.
(c) Twisted his hand when the devil reached out in friendship.
(d) Spat in his face and didn't give in to temptation.
5. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
(a) In a hospital in England.
(b) In a hospital in France.
(c) In a hospital in America.
(d) In a hospital in Canada.
6. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
(a) A statue of Altas holding the world on his shoulders.
(b) A statue of the Virgin and Child.
(c) A statue of a scholar.
(d) A statue of Einstein.
7. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
(a) Leola Cruikshank.
(b) Mabel Heighington.
(c) Denna Parcival.
(d) Leanna Dummster.
8. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(b) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(c) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(d) Culinary and child-raising skills.
9. What part of Dunstable's body is amputated?
(a) His hand.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His foot.
10. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
11. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) Investment opportunities.
(b) Stock tips.
(c) How to earn interest.
(d) His money.
12. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Six hundred people.
(b) Five hundred and fifty people.
(c) Four hundred people.
(d) Five hundred people.
13. What is Leola wearing when she is standing next to Percy at Dunstan's celebration?
(a) A pair of earrings that Percy gave her.
(b) A diamond ring on her finger.
(c) Dunstan's class ring on her finger.
(d) A necklace that Dunstan gave her.
14. What name does Milo Papple give to the Dempster's house?
(a) The nuthouse.
(b) The bughouse.
(c) The funhouse.
(d) The doghouse.
15. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colgate University.
(b) University College.
(c) Colborne University.
(d) Colborne College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
2. How old was the narrator on December 27, 1908?
3. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
4. Who is the narrator's intended audience?
5. What is Dunstan's quest in Europe?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)