|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
2. What book does Dunstable carry around in his pocket while he is serving at the front?
(a) A book of jokes.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A book of magic tricks.
(d) A book of prayers.
3. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The opera house.
(c) The church.
(d) The village square.
4. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
5. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Mary Papple.
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(c) Leanna Crushik.
(d) Marian Dempster.
6. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
(b) Making forts.
(d) Making snowmen.
7. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(b) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(c) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(d) Culinary and child-raising skills.
8. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
(a) The Catholic priest.
(b) The Anglican priest.
(c) The Protestant priest.
(d) The Baptist priest.
9. What do Diana's parents feel about Diana and Dunstan not marrying?
(c) They approve.
(d) They disapprove.
10. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
(a) The supplies he prayed for.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) His phone number.
11. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
12. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
(a) Denna Parcival.
(b) Leanna Dummster.
(c) Mabel Heighington.
(d) Leola Cruikshank.
13. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) To leave town to go to college.
(b) To enlist in the military.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
14. What is the name of the narrator of the story?
15. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
(a) Prays over him.
(b) Breathes on him and calls his name.
(c) Prays and calls out his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
2. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
3. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
4. During his college years, who is Percy Staunton's role model?
5. What does the Catholic priest say to Dunstan's comment that Mrs. Dempster is a saint?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)