|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) How to earn interest.
(b) Investment opportunities.
(c) His money.
(d) Stock tips.
2. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
(a) Secretary for his father's business.
(b) An assistant to the lawyer.
(c) An under-librarian position.
(d) A type setter in the print shop.
3. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Five hundred and fifty people.
(b) Five hundred people.
(c) Four hundred people.
(d) Six hundred people.
4. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because he is afraid of the shame.
(b) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
(c) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(d) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
5. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
(a) C.V. Award.
(b) F.G. Award.
(c) V.C. Award.
(d) K.L. Award.
6. What is the name of Dunstan's home village?
7. What is Leola wearing when she is standing next to Percy at Dunstan's celebration?
(a) A diamond ring on her finger.
(b) A pair of earrings that Percy gave her.
(c) A necklace that Dunstan gave her.
(d) Dunstan's class ring on her finger.
8. What does Percy's mother call him?
(a) Boy Piggly-Wiggly.
(b) Pidgy Boy-Boy.
(c) Boy Piggy-Piggy.
(d) Piggy Boy-Boy.
9. Where does the town find Mrs. Dempster after she wanders off at night?
(a) In the bushes behind the church.
(b) In the gravel pits behind a tree.
(c) In the bushes off the road.
(d) In the gravel pits in a clump of bushes.
10. Where does Dunstan go in Europe after he graduates?
11. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Leanna Crushik.
(b) Mary Papple.
(c) Marian Dempster.
(d) Leola Cruikshank.
12. Dunstan becomes victim of what rumors as a bachelor teacher?
(a) That he is a homosexual.
(b) That he is a pedophile.
(c) That he is difficult to live with.
(d) That he doesn't like women.
13. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mr. Dempster.
(b) Mrs. Staunton.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
14. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
15. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
(a) He lives in a house with his mother.
(b) He is simple.
(c) His mother keeps him isolated.
(d) His mother has a reputation for being simple.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
2. What military division was Dunstable part of?
3. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
4. Where does Dunstan find Paul Dempster and a statue of Wilgefortis?
5. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)