|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
(b) He gives it to himself.
2. Dunny's parents were killed by what?
(a) The flu epidemic of 1918.
(b) The flu epidemic of 1919.
(c) The flu epidemic of 1920.
(d) The flu epidemic of 1917.
3. Dunstan becomes victim of what rumors as a bachelor teacher?
(a) That he is a pedophile.
(b) That he is difficult to live with.
(c) That he doesn't like women.
(d) That he is a homosexual.
4. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
(a) Other colleges where he could teach.
(b) The battlefields where he once fought.
(d) Tourist sights he has never seen.
5. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mr. Dempster.
(b) Mrs. Dempster.
(c) Mrs. Staunton.
6. What do Leola and Percy name their second child?
7. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
8. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent vision damage.
(b) Permanent mobility damage.
(c) Permanent hearing damage.
(d) Permanent brain damage.
9. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
(a) Prays and calls out his name.
(c) Prays over him.
(d) Breathes on him and calls his name.
10. The night before Dunny departs from the village, what does Leola Cruikshank announce?
(a) That Dunny has replaced Percy in her heart.
(b) That she still loves Percy.
(c) That she will marry Dunny.
(d) That she wants to go with Dunny.
11. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
(a) At dinner.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) On a ship.
(d) On a train.
12. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
(a) Home sickness.
13. What college is Percy sent away to?
(a) Ricburn College.
(b) Bashurn College.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) Colgate College.
14. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
(a) Because Mrs. Dempster was a willing participant.
(b) Because he does not want to bring more humiliation on Mrs. Dempster.
(c) Because he is afraid of the shame.
(d) Because Mrs. Dempster doesn't want him to.
15. In an effort to find shelter during a night raid, what does Dunstable run into that saves his men from enemy fire?
(a) A nest of German infantry men.
(b) A nest of German snipers.
(c) A nest of German machine gunmen.
(d) A nest of German artillery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
2. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
3. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
4. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
5. What is the name of Dunstan's home village?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)