|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts Dunstan's hair at the barbershop after his return to the village?
(a) Milo Papple.
(b) Mike Popple.
(c) Paul Dempster.
(d) Percy Staunton.
2. Where does Dunstan find Paul Dempster and a statue of Wilgefortis?
3. What rank does Dunstable achieve before he is twenty years-old?
4. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
(b) Making forts.
(c) Making snowmen.
5. At the beginning of his military service, what emotional ailment did Dunstable suffer from?
(a) Home sickness.
6. What does the narrator remember from his war experience?
(a) Earning medals and dodging bullets.
(b) Dodging bullets and attack plans.
(c) Historic events and confusion on the front lines.
(d) Chaos and confusion.
7. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
(a) A statue of Einstein.
(b) A statue of a scholar.
(c) A statue of the Virgin and Child.
(d) A statue of Altas holding the world on his shoulders.
8. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
(a) Prays over him.
(b) Prays and calls out his name.
(d) Breathes on him and calls his name.
9. What does Dunstan give to Leola when he sees her next to Percy?
(a) His medal.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A hug.
(d) A ring.
10. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(b) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
(c) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
(d) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
11. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
(c) He gives it to himself.
12. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The village square.
(c) The opera house.
(d) The church.
13. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
(a) Other colleges where he could teach.
(c) Tourist sights he has never seen.
(d) The battlefields where he once fought.
14. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
(a) V.C. Award.
(b) K.L. Award.
(c) C.V. Award.
(d) F.G. Award.
15. What religion is Mrs. Ramsay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Dunstable's body is amputated?
2. What college is Percy sent away to?
3. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
4. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
5. When Dunstan leaves the Mission, what does he give Surgeoner?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)