|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
(a) Mrs. Staunton.
(b) Mr. Dempster.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
2. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
(a) Leanna Dummster.
(b) Denna Parcival.
(c) Leola Cruikshank.
(d) Mabel Heighington.
3. What do Diana's parents feel about Diana and Dunstan not marrying?
(c) They approve.
(d) They disapprove.
4. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
(a) A library.
(b) A church.
(c) A school house.
(d) An unidentifiable building.
5. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
(a) The study of saints and statues found in historical churches.
(b) The study of saints of the Catholic church.
(c) The study of Catholic churches.
(d) The study of paintings in historical churches.
6. What statue does Dunstable see before he passes out, unconscious from blood loss?
(a) A statue of the Virgin and Child.
(b) A statue of Altas holding the world on his shoulders.
(c) A statue of a scholar.
(d) A statue of Einstein.
7. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(d) Political Science.
8. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colborne University.
(b) Colborne College.
(c) University College.
(d) Colgate University.
9. What book does Dunstable carry around in his pocket while he is serving at the front?
(a) A book of magic tricks.
(b) A book of prayers.
(c) A book of jokes.
(d) A Bible.
10. What does Dunstan tour in Europe?
(b) The battlefields where he once fought.
(c) Other colleges where he could teach.
(d) Tourist sights he has never seen.
11. What news did Dunny's parents receive before they died?
(a) That Dunny had won a prestigious award.
(b) That Dunny was in the hospital and sick.
(c) That Dunny was alive.
(d) That Dunny was dead.
12. What do Percy and Leola name their first child?
(a) Edward David.
(b) Charles Edward.
(c) David Edward.
(d) Edward Charles.
13. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
14. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Four hundred people.
(b) Five hundred and fifty people.
(c) Six hundred people.
(d) Five hundred people.
15. Where does the town find Mrs. Dempster after she wanders off at night?
(a) In the gravel pits in a clump of bushes.
(b) In the gravel pits behind a tree.
(c) In the bushes behind the church.
(d) In the bushes off the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lady who took Mary Dempster away from Deptford?
2. What religion is Mrs. Ramsay?
3. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
4. What military division was Dunstable part of?
5. What subject does Dunny study in the library?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)