|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
(c) Making snowmen.
(d) Making forts.
2. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(b) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(c) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(d) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
3. According to legend, what did St. Dunstan do to the devil?
(a) Twisted his hand when the devil reached out in friendship.
(b) Spat in his face and didn't give in to temptation.
(c) Twisted his nose with goldsmith's tongs.
(d) Walked away when the devil tempted him.
4. Who cuts Dunstan's hair at the barbershop after his return to the village?
(a) Paul Dempster.
(b) Milo Papple.
(c) Percy Staunton.
(d) Mike Popple.
5. Dunny's parents were killed by what?
(a) The flu epidemic of 1920.
(b) The flu epidemic of 1917.
(c) The flu epidemic of 1919.
(d) The flu epidemic of 1918.
6. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
(a) V.C. Award.
(b) F.G. Award.
(c) K.L. Award.
(d) C.V. Award.
7. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
8. The night before Dunny departs from the village, what does Leola Cruikshank announce?
(a) That she will marry Dunny.
(b) That she still loves Percy.
(c) That she wants to go with Dunny.
(d) That Dunny has replaced Percy in her heart.
9. What does Dunstan do right after college?
(a) He earns his M.A.
(b) He goes to work as a teacher.
(c) He earns his Ph.D.
(d) He earns another B.A.
10. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) His mother.
(b) To leave town to go to college.
(c) Mrs. Dempster.
(d) To enlist in the military.
11. What college is Percy sent away to?
(a) Ricburn College.
(b) Bashurn College.
(c) Colgate College.
(d) Colborne College.
12. What feeling does Dunny admit to after hearing of his parents' death?
13. What military division was Dunstable part of?
(a) The Second Canadian Division.
(b) The Third Canadian Division.
(c) The Third Canadian Division.
(d) The First Canadian Division.
14. Which church does Dunstan visit on his way out of town after his parents' funeral?
15. Who does the Deptford magistrate believe threw the snowball at Mrs. Dempster?
(a) Percy .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
2. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
3. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
4. In what country is Dunstable stationed at the Front?
5. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)