|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator remember from his war experience?
(a) Chaos and confusion.
(b) Earning medals and dodging bullets.
(c) Historic events and confusion on the front lines.
(d) Dodging bullets and attack plans.
2. What church do Percy and Leola join that estranges Leola from her parents?
3. Who is the narrator's intended audience?
(a) The Headmaster of the school where the narrator teaches.
(b) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay has retired.
(c) The Headmaster of the school from which Dunstan Ramsay was fired.
(d) The Headmaster of the school where Percy Stanton graduated from.
4. What book does Dunny read often to Paul in order to have Paul watch him perform tricks?
(a) A Child's Book of the Church.
(b) A Child's Book of Magic Tricks.
(c) A Child's Book of Tricks.
(d) A Child's Book of Saints.
5. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colgate University.
(b) Colborne College.
(c) Colborne University.
(d) University College.
6. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
(a) The study of paintings in historical churches.
(b) The study of saints and statues found in historical churches.
(c) The study of Catholic churches.
(d) The study of saints of the Catholic church.
7. What does Dunstan do right after college?
(a) He earns his Ph.D.
(b) He goes to work as a teacher.
(c) He earns his M.A.
(d) He earns another B.A.
8. Dunstable's actions in battle won him what award?
(a) V.C. Award.
(b) C.V. Award.
(c) F.G. Award.
(d) K.L. Award.
9. According to legend, what did St. Dunstan do to the devil?
(a) Twisted his hand when the devil reached out in friendship.
(b) Spat in his face and didn't give in to temptation.
(c) Walked away when the devil tempted him.
(d) Twisted his nose with goldsmith's tongs.
10. Who cuts Dunstan's hair at the barbershop after his return to the village?
(a) Milo Papple.
(b) Paul Dempster.
(c) Percy Staunton.
(d) Mike Popple.
11. During his college years, Percy Staunton renamed himself what?
(a) Man Staunton.
(b) Boyd Staunton.
(c) Boy Staunton.
(d) Percy Boyd Staunton.
12. Joel Surgeoner is the head of what?
(a) Lifeline Mission in Montreal.
(b) Lifeline Mission in Quebec.
(c) Lifeline Mission in Durston.
(d) Lifeline Mission in Toronto.
13. Where do Percy, Leola and Dunstan meet after Percy and Leola's wedding?
(a) On a ship.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At dinner.
(d) On a train.
14. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) Edward University.
(b) University College.
(c) Colgate College.
(d) Quebec University.
15. What does Percy Staunton share with Dunstan that enables Dunstan to get more money?
(a) How to earn interest.
(b) Stock tips.
(c) His money.
(d) Investment opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which church does Dunstan visit on his way out of town after his parents' funeral?
2. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
3. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
4. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
5. Why does Amasa Dempster refuse to prosecute the man Mrs. Dempster was found with?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)