Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character was born prematurely?
(a) Paul Dempster.
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(d) Percy Stanton.
2. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Leola Cruikshank.
(b) Marian Dempster.
(c) Leanna Crushik.
(d) Mary Papple.
3. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) His mother.
(b) To enlist in the military.
(c) To leave town to go to college.
(d) Mrs. Dempster.
4. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Five hundred people.
(b) Five hundred and fifty people.
(c) Six hundred people.
(d) Four hundred people.
5. In the Fall of 1919, what school does Dunstan enter?
(a) Edward University.
(b) University College.
(c) Colgate College.
(d) Quebec University.
6. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
(a) A school house.
(b) A library.
(c) A church.
(d) An unidentifiable building.
7. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
(a) Colgate University.
(b) Colborne University.
(c) Colborne College.
(d) University College.
8. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(b) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
(c) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(d) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
9. Who introduces Dunstan to the concept of a "fool-saint?"
(a) The Protestant priest.
(b) The Baptist priest.
(c) The Anglican priest.
(d) The Catholic priest.
10. What does Dunstan study in school after the war?
(b) Political Science.
11. The "fool-saint" comes from which religious tradition?
12. What nickname does Dunstable live down by performing a raunchy vaudevillian impersonation of Charlie Chaplain for the troops?
13. Where does Dunstan find Paul Dempster and a statue of Wilgefortis?
14. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
(a) Permanent mobility damage.
(b) Permanent hearing damage.
(c) Permanent vision damage.
(d) Permanent brain damage.
15. Who presents Dunny with his military award?
(a) The King.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) The commanding general.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
2. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
3. What name does Milo Papple give to the Dempster's house?
4. What religion is Mrs. Ramsay?
5. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)