|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
(b) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(c) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
(d) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
2. Where does the village gather to celebrate Dunstan's return?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The opera house.
(c) The village square.
(d) The church.
3. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
(a) Mrs. Dempster is killed by her husband.
(b) Mrs. Dempster is tied up to a rope in the house.
(c) Mrs. Dempster is committed to an institution for crazy people.
(d) Mrs. Dempster is sent to live with someone else.
4. What did Paul Dempster do when he was 10 years old?
(a) Run away with the circus.
(b) Run away to his aunt.
(c) Run away with gypsies.
(d) Run away with a magician.
5. What subject does Percy study in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
2. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
3. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
4. The Ramsay family moved to the village from what country?
5. What type of damage did the snowball cause to the person it hit?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)