|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
(a) Leanna Crushik.
(b) Leola Cruikshank.
(c) Mary Papple.
(d) Marian Dempster.
2. What nickname does Dunstable live down by performing a raunchy vaudevillian impersonation of Charlie Chaplain for the troops?
3. The "fool-saint" comes from which religious tradition?
4. What is revealed in Europe as Dunstan's life long interest?
(a) The study of saints of the Catholic church.
(b) The study of paintings in historical churches.
(c) The study of Catholic churches.
(d) The study of saints and statues found in historical churches.
5. When Dunstable seeks shelter in a bombed out building after getting shrapnel in his leg, what building is he in?
(a) A church.
(b) A library.
(c) A school house.
(d) An unidentifiable building.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before Dunny departs from the village, what does Leola Cruikshank announce?
2. What does Percy's mother call him?
3. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
4. During his college years, Percy Staunton renamed himself what?
5. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)