|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the town find Mrs. Dempster after she wanders off at night?
(a) In the bushes behind the church.
(b) In the gravel pits in a clump of bushes.
(c) In the gravel pits behind a tree.
(d) In the bushes off the road.
2. Dunny's parents were killed by what?
(a) The flu epidemic of 1919.
(b) The flu epidemic of 1918.
(c) The flu epidemic of 1917.
(d) The flu epidemic of 1920.
3. What part of Dunstable's body is amputated?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hand.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
4. After passing out, unconscious from blood loss, where does Dunstable wake up?
(a) In a hospital in America.
(b) In a hospital in France.
(c) In a hospital in Canada.
(d) In a hospital in England.
5. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
(a) To leave town to go to college.
(b) Mrs. Dempster.
(c) His mother.
(d) To enlist in the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what equipment does Dunny learn tricks that captivate Paul Dempster?
2. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
3. Who does Percy hit in the head with a snowball?
4. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
5. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)