|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what equipment does Dunny learn tricks that captivate Paul Dempster?
(b) Top Hat.
2. Which character was born prematurely?
(a) Paul Dempster.
(c) Leola Cruikshank.
(d) Percy Stanton.
3. Why is Paul not accepted by the village as a child?
(a) His mother keeps him isolated.
(b) He lives in a house with his mother.
(c) He is simple.
(d) His mother has a reputation for being simple.
4. What do Dunstan's commanding officers indoctrinate Dunstan and his fellow soldiers to believe?
(a) All Germans are the devil incarnate.
(b) All Canadians who serve in the military are true men.
(c) All Canadians are the best soldiers.
(d) All Germans deserve to be killed.
5. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
(a) Because he corrupts the family by making them think they are accepted by the village.
(b) Because he corrupted Paul by teaching him magic and about the saints.
(c) Because he corrupted Mrs. Dempster by making her laugh a lot.
(d) Because Rev. Dempster finds out that Dunny likes Paul and Mrs. Dempster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Percy caught in a sexual act with?
2. According to legend, what did St. Dunstan do to the devil?
3. Who gives Dunny the name Dunstan?
4. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
5. What is the name of the narrator of the story?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)