|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for someone who is a know it all?
2. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
(a) Mrs. Dempster is tied up to a rope in the house.
(b) Mrs. Dempster is committed to an institution for crazy people.
(c) Mrs. Dempster is sent to live with someone else.
(d) Mrs. Dempster is killed by her husband.
3. Where does the town find Mrs. Dempster after she wanders off at night?
(a) In the bushes behind the church.
(b) In the gravel pits behind a tree.
(c) In the gravel pits in a clump of bushes.
(d) In the bushes off the road.
4. At the age of thirteen, what job does Dunny get?
(a) An under-librarian position.
(b) A type setter in the print shop.
(c) Secretary for his father's business.
(d) An assistant to the lawyer.
5. How big was the population of Dunstan's home village at the beginning of the story?
(a) Four hundred people.
(b) Five hundred people.
(c) Six hundred people.
(d) Five hundred and fifty people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
2. What were Percy and the narrator doing in the snow at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Mrs. Dempster do to bring Willie back to life?
4. Who is the prettiest girl in the village?
5. What does Percy's mother call him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)