|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skills does Mrs. Dempster lack because she grew up with servants?
(a) Child-raising and book-keeping skills.
(b) Housekeeping and book-keeping skills.
(c) Culinary and child-raising skills.
(d) Housekeeping and culinary skills.
2. What nickname does Dunstable live down by performing a raunchy vaudevillian impersonation of Charlie Chaplain for the troops?
3. When Dunston arrives home after refusing to kiss Leola and calls the Staunton household, who answers the phone?
(a) Boy Staunton.
(b) No one.
(c) Leola Staunton.
(d) The children's nurse.
4. What does Boy tell his fashionable friends that Dunstan is?
(a) A professor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A published author.
5. Who does Dunstan believe is suffering most from the events of Christmas 1936?
(c) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rev. Dempster prohibit Dunny from speaking to his family?
2. How many years does Dunstan spend in college?
3. When Dunny's mother makes him choose between Mrs. Dempster and her, what is Dunny's choice?
4. Where does Dunstan become a teacher?
5. After Amasa Dempster gives his resignation to his congregation, what does rumor say he does with Mrs. Dempster?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)