Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
2. What is announced at the platoon formation?
3. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
4. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
5. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
Goodrich is one of the main constants throughout the novel. He is mentioned in all parts of the story and everyone's life seems to revolve around him.
1) Explain how Goodrich and the characters intertwine as the book progresses.
2) What relationship does he have with Hodges, Snake, Bagger, Phony, Mark, and his parents?
1) Write an introduction to the novel discussing James Webb's writing style, use of dialogue, irony, imagery, and point of view of the characters.
2) How do these literary elements affect the story?
1) Analyze how Webb depicts the soldiers during the final battle of the novel.
2) What role does fate plays in their lives?
3) How does Webb make use of figurative language during the battle?
4) How do each of these things relate to Snake, Senator, and Hodges?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)