|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
2. What is announced at the platoon formation?
3. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
4. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
5. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe the attitudes of the people in America toward the soldiers fighting in the war and those who return from the war.
2) Use examples from the letters and comments of the men who return home for R&R or are discharged after serving in Vietnam.
3) How do the comments about the people back in the states affect the men's morale?
4) How do they feel emotionally when they hear the comments from home?
Essay Topic 2
1) Interpret examples of human weakness and heroism depicted in the novel.
2) Cite examples of how each is valid with regard to the fear and danger each character encounters.
3) How realistic is Webb in his descriptions of these human qualities?
Essay Topic 3
Naturalism emphasizes that humans act by instinct, similar to animals, or compulsively driven by circumstances beyond their control.
1) Summarize three figurative comparisons that suggest either the animal nature of Snake or the compulsive nature of his actions.
2) Explain the answers as examples of Naturalism.
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)