Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
2. What is announced at the platoon formation?
3. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
4. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
5. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
Essay Topic 1
Goodrich presents moral dilemmas to his comrades' behavior throughout the novel.
1) How do Goodrich and the other men in his unit respond differently to their plights?
2) Which characters are more realistic in their responses to the dangers that they face and the moral questions they deal with?
3) Cite examples from the novel where Goodrich was adverse to the actions of the other men in his unit.
4) Whose actions are more realistic considering the situations they face?
Essay Topic 2
Goodrich is one of the main constants throughout the novel. He is mentioned in all parts of the story and everyone's life seems to revolve around him.
1) Explain how Goodrich and the characters intertwine as the book progresses.
2) What relationship does he have with Hodges, Snake, Bagger, Phony, Mark, and his parents?
Essay Topic 3
1) Evaluate the relationship between Hodges and Mitsuko.
2) Are they a good match? Explain.
3) How do they interact with one another?
4) What are the qualities of their relationship?
5) Cite examples from the story proving their acceptance of one another and their role in the war.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)