Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
2. What is announced at the platoon formation?
3. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
4. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
5. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
Essay Topic 1
Each of the characters presented in Hodges' unit had different reasons for enlisting in the Marines.
1) Summarize the reasons of at least four of the characters in the novel.
2) Compare the character's views when they enlisted to their attitudes toward the Marines once they are actually serving in Vietnam.
3) How does each of the characters lose their innocent view of their role in the war? Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze the image of the One Mile Killer Fields.
2) What do they symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe the unexpected act of Goodrich when he speaks at the anti-war rally.
2) Why does he think Snake would be proud of his actions?
3) What evidence of change takes place in Goodrich's personality?
4) How does he regard himself in this new role he makes for himself?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)