|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
(a) Four days off in An Hoa
(b) The large number of the enemy they have killed
(c) Four days off in Hanoi
(d) Returning to the jungle
2. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
(a) He gives Senator Morphine and covers the wound.
(b) He places Senator's upside down.
(c) He throws water in Senator's face and puts pressure on the wound.
(d) He throws water in Senator's face and gives him Morphine.
3. What shocking news does Snake reveal to Bugs?
(a) Snake is going to extend his stay in Vietnam.
(b) Snake is sick and dying.
(c) Snake is getting a dishonorable discharge.
(d) Snake is planning on going AWOL.
4. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) I'm afraid.
(c) It's your war, not mine.
(d) I'm willing to help.
5. How do Mitsuko and Hodges spend the day before he leaves for active duty?
(a) They tour Okinawa.
(b) They spend the day arguing.
(c) They spend the day in bed.
(d) They spend the day walking and talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
2. What does Hodges' seven year old son believe his father did?
3. Where does Sergeant Sadler expect the enemy to attack?
4. What is the result of Goodrich's sworn statement about the murders of the man and woman that he turned over to Regimental Legal Officer?
5. What happens to Dan's column when they enter Laos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of songs does Senator sing and play on his guitar after Hodges returns?
2. What is Mitsuko's response when Hodges asks her to marry him?
3. Why does Snake disagree with Kersey's order to move the men to the paddy?
4. What does Hodges see as he peers through the fog?
5. What does Waterbull tell the men in the letter he sends to the unit?
6. What does Goodrich see hanging from the helicopter that passes above him?
7. How do Goodrich's parents welcome him back home?
8. What is Kersey's reply when Hodges asks if there is anywhere dry where his men can wait out of the rain?
9. Describe Snake's feelings about serving in Vietnam?
10. What does Snake decide to do when Hodges arrives to help?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)