|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snake do after he gives the news to Bugs?
(a) He goes for a walk around the perimeter.
(b) He leaves, regretting his decision immediately.
(c) He climbs onto the roof of a sandbag bunker and looks across the fields.
(d) He jogs through the camp.
2. What does the letter that Bagger takes off a dead enemy soldier reveal?
(a) It is a letter to his children.
(b) It is a letter to his mother.
(c) The dead man asks his sweetheart to marry him.
(d) The dead man has five children and is asking to be relieved of his war duties.
3. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
(a) Show them his scars
(b) Tell them what is going on in the jungle
(c) Tell them about home
(d) Who else he saw at the hospital
4. What does the enemy use as a distraction from the ambush?
(a) A grenade thrown nearby
(b) An unarmed man marches toward Senator and New Mac.
(c) A little girl waving at Senator and New Mac
(d) An old woman whimpering in the bushes
5. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
(a) They are fully burdened with guns and ammunition.
(b) They are travelling light.
(c) They are carrying only their rifles.
(d) They have no weapons until they reach their destination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story would Ronnie's mother like to hear from him?
2. What is Goodrich's response to the family gathering his parents planned for him?
3. How many dead men does his friend tell Hodges about?
4. What does Senator tell a group of people gathered for an anti-war rally?
5. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodrich say to the crowd of anti-war protesters when they ask him to speak?
2. Why does Dan disagree with Operation Lam Son 719?
3. How is Senator wounded in the cemetery?
4. Why does Goodrich go to the Regimental Legal Officer's tent?
5. What does Waterbull tell the men in the letter he sends to the unit?
6. What effect does sitting in the rain have on Hodges' men?
7. What is Hodges' reply when his classmate asks him if they can still win the war?
8. What does Hodges notice in his old classmate that he meets in the mess hall?
9. What does Hodges do when he is released from the Japanese hospital?
10. What is in the letter that Bagger takes from a dead VC soldier?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)