|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hodges' seven year old son believe his father did?
(a) He believes his father was a traitor.
(b) He believes Hodges went back to America, abandoning him and Mitsuko.
(c) He believes his father will come back for him.
(d) He believes his father was a coward.
2. Where does Sergeant Sadler expect the enemy to attack?
(b) An Hoa
3. What does Hodges plan to do when he meets Mitsuko's parents?
(a) He plans to offer them a bribe for Mitsuko's hand in marriage.
(b) He plans to force them to give Mitsuko to him.
(c) He plans to threaten them if they don't agree to give Mitsuko to him.
(d) He plans to get their blessing to marry Mitsuko.
4. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
(a) Returning to the jungle
(b) Four days off in Hanoi
(c) Four days off in An Hoa
(d) The large number of the enemy they have killed
5. What does Senator believe Snake would have thought about his speech?
(a) He thinks Snake would have been proud of him.
(b) He thinks Snake would have beaten him for it.
(c) He thinks Snake would have spit at him.
(d) He thinks Snake would have shaken his head in disgust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Senator thinking as he searches the tree line?
2. How many dead men does his friend tell Hodges about?
3. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
4. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
5. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does sitting in the rain have on Hodges' men?
2. Why does Snake go to the company office tent?
3. What is the reaction of Hodges' son when Mitsuko takes him to see his father's memorial?
4. How does Snake keep his team motivated to move through the gunfire toward the cemetery to help Senator's team?
5. What is Snake's mother doing two years after he is killed in Vietnam?
6. Why does Snake disagree with Kersey's order to move the men to the paddy?
7. What is Bagger's reaction to Senator's insulting song about Hodges?
8. What does Snake decide to do when Hodges arrives to help?
9. Why does Dan disagree with Operation Lam Son 719?
10. What becomes of Dan and his men when they are on the road to Laos?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)