|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Goodrich told about the killing of the Vietnamese man and woman?
(a) Goodrich can have his friends convicted.
(b) Goodrich is a good soldier for divulging the details of the murders.
(c) Goodrich did not see it happen, so there is no evidence.
(d) Goodrich will get an honorable discharge to keep him safe.
2. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
(a) He is blasted with a grenade.
(b) He is accidentally shot by his own men.
(c) He is shot with machine gun fire.
(d) He steps on a land mine.
3. What does the letter that Bagger takes off a dead enemy soldier reveal?
(a) The dead man has five children and is asking to be relieved of his war duties.
(b) It is a letter to his children.
(c) The dead man asks his sweetheart to marry him.
(d) It is a letter to his mother.
4. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
(a) He tells Goodrich the enemy is using them as bait.
(b) The enemy is afraid of Snake's men.
(c) The enemy is afraid of an air assault.
(d) The enemy is out of ammunition.
5. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
(a) Returning to the jungle
(b) Four days off in An Hoa
(c) The large number of the enemy they have killed
(d) Four days off in Hanoi
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
2. What does Snake believe about his time in Vietnam?
3. What is the reaction of Mitsuko's mother at Hodges' marriage proposal?
4. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
5. Why is Bagger so annoyed with the truck driver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Snake's feelings about serving in Vietnam?
2. Why does Dan disagree with Operation Lam Son 719?
3. What is Hodges' reply when his classmate asks him if they can still win the war?
4. Why does Snake disagree with Kersey's order to move the men to the paddy?
5. Why does Snake go to the company office tent?
6. How is Senator wounded in the cemetery?
7. What does Goodrich see hanging from the helicopter that passes above him?
8. What does Hodges see as he peers through the fog?
9. What does Snake decide to do when Hodges arrives to help?
10. What does Goodrich say to the crowd of anti-war protesters when they ask him to speak?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)