|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
(a) The enemy is afraid of Snake's men.
(b) The enemy is afraid of an air assault.
(c) He tells Goodrich the enemy is using them as bait.
(d) The enemy is out of ammunition.
2. How do people react to Hitoshi when he is out in public?
(a) They honor him because he is half American.
(b) They stare at him and tease him.
(c) They bow to him.
(d) They offer him gifts.
3. What happens to Dan's column when they enter Laos?
(a) Children offer them food.
(b) They are shelled for a full day.
(c) They are invited to stay in the village.
(d) They are greeted by friendly civilians.
4. Why doesn't Dan agree with Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) He believes they should form a truce.
(b) He believes they should surrender.
(c) He believes they should attack in the opposite direction.
(d) He believes there are enough problems right where they are.
5. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 38 investigation
(b) An article 27 investigation
(c) An article 32 investigation
(d) An article 75 investigation
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Hodges' men have to wait in the field before the fighting begins?
2. Why is Bagger so annoyed with the truck driver?
3. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
4. What does Waterbull tell the troop in his letter from home?
5. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Snake's feelings about serving in Vietnam?
2. What type of songs does Senator sing and play on his guitar after Hodges returns?
3. How does Snake keep his team motivated to move through the gunfire toward the cemetery to help Senator's team?
4. What becomes of Dan and his men when they are on the road to Laos?
5. How is Senator wounded in the cemetery?
6. What is Kersey's reply when Hodges asks if there is anywhere dry where his men can wait out of the rain?
7. What is Bagger's reaction to Senator's insulting song about Hodges?
8. What is Mitsuko's response when Hodges asks her to marry him?
9. What becomes of Hodges while he tries to rescue the men in the cemetery?
10. What are the results of the investigation into Snake's participation in the killing of the civilian's that Senator reported?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)