|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does the Major make to Hodges?
(a) He offers Hodges an honorable discharge.
(b) He offers Hodges a rank promotion.
(c) He offers Hodges a collectible rifle.
(d) He offers Hodges a position in Okinawa.
2. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
3. Why does Snake send Goodrich's team to investigate along the tree line?
(a) See if any civilians are in the area
(b) Check for booby traps
(c) Look for snipers
(d) Three gooks were spotted there
4. What type of terrain is the Arizona shore the Marines climb onto from the chest high river?
(a) The shore is full of craters and shattered trees.
(b) The shore is all flatland.
(c) The shore is mud and sand.
(d) The shore is mountainous.
5. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
(a) He sees American tanks headed their way.
(b) He sees reinforcements arriving.
(c) A North Vietnamese Regiment is trapped by his men.
(d) He sees the North Vietnamese Regiment surrendering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Marines send to Hodges' mother?
2. What story would Ronnie's mother like to hear from him?
3. What does Hodges' seven year old son believe his father did?
4. What protects Cat Man's and Cannonball's teams as they make their way to the cemetery?
5. What happens to Hodges as he hears a puff to his left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hodges see as he peers through the fog?
2. What is Snake's mother doing two years after he is killed in Vietnam?
3. What does Snake do when he sees Senator in the hole?
4. What becomes of Hodges while he tries to rescue the men in the cemetery?
5. What does Hodges do when he is released from the Japanese hospital?
6. What does Goodrich say to the crowd of anti-war protesters when they ask him to speak?
7. How does Snake keep his team motivated to move through the gunfire toward the cemetery to help Senator's team?
8. Describe Snake's feelings about serving in Vietnam?
9. What becomes of Dan and his men when they are on the road to Laos?
10. Why does Dan disagree with Operation Lam Son 719?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)