|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does the Major make to Hodges?
(a) He offers Hodges a collectible rifle.
(b) He offers Hodges an honorable discharge.
(c) He offers Hodges a rank promotion.
(d) He offers Hodges a position in Okinawa.
2. What is Goodrich's response to the family gathering his parents planned for him?
(a) He cries with emotion.
(b) He says that he now knows what his wake will be like.
(c) He appreciates the gesture.
(d) He is happy to have the distractions of company.
3. What is the reaction of Mitsuko's mother at Hodges' marriage proposal?
(a) She says that she will think about it.
(b) She says that they should get married that very day.
(c) She says that she will never agree.
(d) She approves.
4. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) They are very much alike.
(b) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
(c) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(d) They have nothing in common.
5. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) I'm afraid.
(c) I'm willing to help.
(d) It's your war, not mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Waterbull tell the troop in his letter from home?
2. As Snake sees the mountains in the distance, what does he think about himself?
3. How long do Hodges' men have to wait in the field before the fighting begins?
4. What is the duty the men are leaving for when they climb into the truck?
5. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Snake do when he sees Senator in the hole?
2. What does Goodrich say to the crowd of anti-war protesters when they ask him to speak?
3. How is Senator wounded in the cemetery?
4. What is Snake's mother doing two years after he is killed in Vietnam?
5. What becomes of Dan and his men when they are on the road to Laos?
6. What effect does sitting in the rain have on Hodges' men?
7. Why does Dan disagree with Operation Lam Son 719?
8. What are the results of the investigation into Snake's participation in the killing of the civilian's that Senator reported?
9. How does Snake keep his team motivated to move through the gunfire toward the cemetery to help Senator's team?
10. What is Bagger's reaction to Senator's insulting song about Hodges?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)