|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hodges meets an old friend from school in the mess hall. What school is his friend from?
(a) Junior High
(b) Basic School platoon
(c) High School
2. What does Snake's mother think about as she holds his letters in her hand?
(a) She thinks about how her neighbors will be envious when she meets the President.
(b) She thinks about what she will wear when she meets the President.
(c) She wonders if Ronnie's friends will come to visit.
(d) She wonders what she will say to the newspaper reporters.
3. Why does Mitsuko refuse Hodges' marriage proposal?
(a) She is engaged to someone else.
(b) She says that he needs a tomb before she can marry him.
(c) She considers him the enemy.
(d) She doesn't love him.
4. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
(a) He tells Goodrich the enemy is using them as bait.
(b) The enemy is out of ammunition.
(c) The enemy is afraid of an air assault.
(d) The enemy is afraid of Snake's men.
5. What does Hodges think about his situation as the enemy begins bombing?
(a) He thinks that he was never meant to be in this war.
(b) He thinks that he was meant to be a chaplain.
(c) He thinks that he was meant to be a peace keeper.
(d) He thinks that he was bred to be a warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is announced at the platoon formation?
2. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
3. What does Senator believe Snake would have thought about his speech?
4. Who does Goodrich tell about the scene when his platoon found Baby Cakes and Ogre?
5. Why doesn't Snake want to follow Kersey's order to set up his men in the paddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Snake go to the company office tent?
2. Describe Snake's feelings about serving in Vietnam?
3. What is Kersey's reply when Hodges asks if there is anywhere dry where his men can wait out of the rain?
4. Why does Goodrich go to the Regimental Legal Officer's tent?
5. What is Bagger's reaction to Senator's insulting song about Hodges?
6. What becomes of Dan and his men when they are on the road to Laos?
7. What type of songs does Senator sing and play on his guitar after Hodges returns?
8. What does Hodges' mother do with the flag and gold medal she receives that Hodges earned while in the war?
9. What is Snake's mother doing two years after he is killed in Vietnam?
10. What becomes of Hodges while he tries to rescue the men in the cemetery?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)