|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bagger do when he hears the song, These Eyes?
(a) He starts crying.
(b) He gets up and dances with an invisible partner.
(c) He sings along, even in battle.
(d) He looks at pictures of his wife and son.
2. What is the extent of Vitelli's injuries?
(a) He has shrapnel in the abdomen.
(b) He is shot in the neck.
(c) He is shot in the foot.
(d) He has a lethal shot to the chest.
3. What is the Marine recruiter's reaction to Bagger and his teammates?
(a) He turns everyone but Bagger away.
(b) He tries to talk them out of enlisting.
(c) He is in euphoria.
(d) He gives them warnings about what they will encounter.
4. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
(a) A medal to bring home to his wife
(b) Some extra money for travelling home
(c) A letter of recommendation
(d) A grenade to kill himself with
5. Chapter 10
What is available to the men at Liberty Bridge?
(a) No fresh water, little food, and trenches for sleeping
(b) Dangerous enemy patrols and a shortage of food
(c) Hot food, minimal danger, daily baths, tents, cots, and toilets
(d) Trenches to sleep in and danger of ambushes
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 What does Snake do when he encounters Smack-man?
2. What happens to Dan's family when he sneaks away from his unit to bring his family to safety?
3. Why does Sadler decide to dismantle the old bomb buried in the dirt?
4. What does Cannonball do to get out on the Medevac?
5. What news does the patrol read about in a newspaper from home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men tease Bagger when the song, "These Eyes" plays on the radio?
2. Why is Bobby proud to enlist in the Marines?
3. What problems does Cannonball encounter in boot camp and Vietnam?
4. What are the villagers carrying as they approach Hodges and his men?
5. What is the result of the investigation of the banana trees just off the trail that Hodges' men are following?
6. Why does Goodrich want to join Bagger's team?
7. What does Gilliland tell Hodges about the attitude of the civilians back in the States?
8. Why does Snake give Goodrich the nickname, Senator?
9. Why do the men always dig new fighting holes, rather than use old holes that they find?
10. What does Bobby Hodges awaken to his first night in Vietnam?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)