|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Bobby and his father named after Robert E. Lee?
(a) They were given the name because it was tradition to name the children after a war hero.
(b) They were given the name because Bobby's grandfather was a history buff.
(c) They were given the name because Bobby's grandmother was fascinated with Lee.
(d) They were given that name because Robert E. Lee personally thanked Bobby's ancestors for serving in the war.
2. What does Bagger do when he hears the song, These Eyes?
(a) He starts crying.
(b) He gets up and dances with an invisible partner.
(c) He sings along, even in battle.
(d) He looks at pictures of his wife and son.
3. What does Cannonball need to help digest all the changes taking place in the black community?
(a) He needs his fellow brother's defiant words.
(b) He needs the Reverend's words every Sunday.
(c) He needs his mother's advice.
(d) He needs his father's strict hand.
4. What happens as Waterbull sits under his hooch looking at a picture?
(a) He is bitten by a poisonous snake.
(b) He starts to cry as he thinks of home.
(c) He is attacked by the enemy and shot three times.
(d) A grenade is thrown into his hooch.
5. What does Bagger realize after he goes home to his wife and child for some R&R?
(a) He wants to spend every minute with his child.
(b) He feels more comfortable in the bush.
(c) He wishes he could stay home.
(d) He wishes he never joined the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
2. What takes place while Boomer and Gilliland inspect the Vietnamese soldier who is dressed like a mamasan?
3. What condition are Ogre and Baby Cakes in when they are found?
4. Why does Goodrich decide to be in Bagger's team?
5. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Speed suggest to Senator when Senator asks where he should go to resign from the Marines?
2. What problems does Cannonball encounter in boot camp and Vietnam?
3. Why does Cannonball decide to join the Marines instead of the Army?
4. What is the Black Shack used for?
5. What is Hodges' reply when his classmate asks him if they can still win the war?
6. How do Goodrich's parents welcome him back home?
7. What does Hodges notice in his old classmate that he meets in the mess hall?
8. Why do the men always dig new fighting holes, rather than use old holes that they find?
9. What is Bagger's reaction to Senator's insulting song about Hodges?
10. What type of songs does Senator sing and play on his guitar after Hodges returns?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)