|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Austin rip off Phony's back?
(a) Phony's backpack
(b) Phony's shirt with a peace sign on it
(c) Phony's bed roll
(d) Phony's rifle
2. Chapter 7
Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
(c) The Vietnamese enemy
3. Chapter 21
What is Snake's reaction at seeing Ogre and Baby Cakes again?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is annoyed.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is angry.
4. Who goes to look for Baby Cakes and Ogre when they disappear?
(a) Senator, Cat Man, and Sadler
(b) Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man
(c) Senator, Sadler, and Bagger
(d) Cannonball and Sadler
5. What is Hodges thinking when he sees that Flaky has been shot?
(a) He will be more attentive to Flaky from now on.
(b) He wishes someone else had been shot and not Flaky.
(c) He is sorry for not being a better friend to Flaky.
(d) He is glad it is Flaky that is shot and not someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phony join the Marines?
2. Chapter 19 What is the diagnosis given by Doc Rabbit about the young child who is carried on a stretcher by some villagers?
3. Who gives Gilliland a ride part of the way to meet his wife?
4. What does Cannonball need to help digest all the changes taking place in the black community?
5. What is Cannonball's reaction to Homicide's comments about fighting a white man's war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men always dig new fighting holes, rather than use old holes that they find?
2. What do Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man find when they go to look for the missing men?
3. What are the villagers carrying as they approach Hodges and his men?
4. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about the bush?
5. Why does Snake argue with Austin's order to send a platoon on the other side of the wire at the tree line for LP?
6. What does Hodges consider unfair when he confronts the enemy in the village?
7. What does Bagger explain to his Marine buddies when he gets back from R&R?
8. Why does Cannonball decide to join the Marines instead of the Army?
9. What is the main reason Ronnie enlists in the Marines?
10. What is Goodrich's reaction as the platoon walks through Go Noi Island?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)