|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan give a mamasan to give to her children?
(a) A chocolate bar
(b) A can of fruit
(c) A wooden car he whittled
(d) Three cans of C-ration meat
2. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
(a) He won't tolerate drug use.
(b) He won't tolerate cowardice.
(c) He won't tolerate vulgar language.
(d) He won't tolerate a Marine out of uniform and unshaved.
3. What does Austin rip off Phony's back?
(a) Phony's bed roll
(b) Phony's rifle
(c) Phony's shirt with a peace sign on it
(d) Phony's backpack
4. What is the name Cannonball's mother is known as back home?
(a) Fat Lady Washington
(b) Crazy Lady Washington
(c) Drunk Lady Washington
(d) Junk Lady Washington
5. Chapter 11
What do Speedy, Smitty, Senator, and Burgie witness as they lie beyond the barbed wire for their LP watch?
(a) A boy is killed by a grenade.
(b) A woman pulled from her hooch and killed by the enemy.
(c) The enemy opens fire on the northern compound.
(d) The enemy runs into the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 13 What is a sign that the enemy is near?
2. What is the worst enemy abuse that Goodrich remembers seeing?
3. How do the Marines refer to Go Noi?
4. What happens as Waterbull sits under his hooch looking at a picture?
5. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angus Austin become wounded?
2. What does Gilliland tell Hodges about the attitude of the civilians back in the States?
3. Who is wounded during enemy fire in An Hoa?
4. Why is Bobby proud to enlist in the Marines?
5. What is the main reason Ronnie enlists in the Marines?
6. What is the result of the investigation of the banana trees just off the trail that Hodges' men are following?
7. What unreasonable expectations does Angus Austin expect from the men?
8. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about the bush?
9. Why do the men always dig new fighting holes, rather than use old holes that they find?
10. Why does Goodrich want to join Bagger's team?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)