|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 21
What is Snake's reaction at seeing Ogre and Baby Cakes again?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is annoyed.
2. Chapter 18
How much more time does Gilliland have to serve in the military?
(a) Two months
(b) Two weeks
(c) Three months
(d) Three weeks
3. Chapter 12
What kind of a childhood did Phony have?
(a) A rough childhood in foster homes
(b) An unhappy childhood with his parents
(c) A happy childhood in a foster home
(d) A happy childhood with his parents
4. What happens to Dan's family when he sneaks away from his unit to bring his family to safety?
(a) His family refuses to go with him.
(b) His family flees into the jungle.
(c) His entire family is killed by gunfire.
(d) They find safety with the Marines.
5. Chapter 9
What type of man is Angus Austin, the new Platoon Sergeant?
(a) He is funny and exuberant.
(b) He is aggressive and mean spirited.
(c) He is humorless, dry voiced, and old for thirty one.
(d) He is friendly, mild, and child-like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Baby Cakes want Ogre with him?
2. What does Cat Man believe he is meant to do?
3. What does Dan give a mamasan to give to her children?
4. Why were Bobby and his father named after Robert E. Lee?
5. What is Goodrich's strength as he sits contemplating after the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men always dig new fighting holes, rather than use old holes that they find?
2. Why do the men tease Bagger when the song, "These Eyes" plays on the radio?
3. What problems does Cannonball encounter in boot camp and Vietnam?
4. What does Speed suggest to Senator when Senator asks where he should go to resign from the Marines?
5. What does Gilliland tell Hodges about the attitude of the civilians back in the States?
6. Why does Goodrich want to join Bagger's team?
7. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
8. Why does Snake give Goodrich the nickname, Senator?
9. Describe Dan's family and what becomes of them?
10. What unreasonable expectations does Angus Austin expect from the men?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)