|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men gather as the sun begins to fall?
(a) They gather in small clumps in four man holes.
(b) They gather in a jungle hut.
(c) They gather around a campfire.
(d) They gather in the Lieutenant's tent.
2. What takes place while Boomer and Gilliland inspect the Vietnamese soldier who is dressed like a mamasan?
(a) A booby trap blows up and Boomer loses both his legs.
(b) The disguised soldier shoots himself.
(c) The disguised soldier shoots Boomer in the legs.
(d) The disguised soldier is shot by another Vietnamese soldier.
3. Chapter 7
Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
(d) The Vietnamese enemy
4. Chapter 8
How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
(a) He is given a psychological deferment.
(b) He goes to Canada.
(c) He shoots himself in the foot.
(d) He cuts off his finger.
5. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
(a) Some extra money for travelling home
(b) A medal to bring home to his wife
(c) A letter of recommendation
(d) A grenade to kill himself with
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Reverend's view on racism?
2. What is the extent of Vitelli's injuries?
3. What does Bagger realize after he goes home to his wife and child for some R&R?
4. Where is Goodrich attending college when he decides to enlist in the Marines?
5. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angus Austin become wounded?
2. What are the results of the investigation into Snake's participation in the killing of the civilian's that Senator reported?
3. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
4. What is Goodrich's reaction as the platoon walks through Go Noi Island?
5. Why does Snake give Goodrich the nickname, Senator?
6. What does Hodges see as he peers through the fog?
7. Why does Dan disagree with Operation Lam Son 719?
8. What are the villagers carrying as they approach Hodges and his men?
9. Describe Dan's family and what becomes of them?
10. What does Goodrich say to the crowd of anti-war protesters when they ask him to speak?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)