|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Snake and Hodges plan to ambush next?
(a) Phu Phong
(b) Da Nang
(c) Nam An Two
(d) Arizona Valley
2. Before Snake enlists in the Marines, what type of tattoo does he get?
(a) A skull encircled with two snakes that reads "Death before Dishonor"
(b) An eagle and an American flag
(c) A tattoo that says, MOM
(d) An evil clown
3. What do the Marines do with the bodies of Baby Cakes and Ogre?
(a) They carry them back to camp on stretchers.
(b) They leave them behind.
(c) They bury them.
(d) They say a prayer over the bodies.
4. Who is hit as Snake's company has point patrol in Go Noi?
(a) Bagger and Chuck
(b) Doc and Bagger
(c) Wild Man and Bagger
(d) Snake and Wild Man
5. What does Roland learn after he is in the military?
(a) The black men in the military are hate machines.
(b) Everyone is on equal standing in the military.
(c) Buddies protect buddies in the military.
(d) There is no white or black in the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cat Man believe he is meant to do?
2. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
3. When Dan surrenders to the Marines, what position do they offer him?
4. What happens to Dan's family when he sneaks away from his unit to bring his family to safety?
5. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man find when they go to look for the missing men?
2. What does Gilliland tell Hodges about the attitude of the civilians back in the States?
3. Why do the men tease Bagger when the song, "These Eyes" plays on the radio?
4. What becomes of Baby Cakes, Ogre, and the engineer as they dig out an abandoned bomb?
5. How do Senator's college friends find ways to avoid the draft?
6. Why does Cannonball decide to join the Marines instead of the Army?
7. What is the main reason Ronnie enlists in the Marines?
8. Why does Snake argue with Austin's order to send a platoon on the other side of the wire at the tree line for LP?
9. What kind of childhood did Phony experience?
10. How does Angus Austin become wounded?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)