|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3
Where is Hodges processed and briefed?
(c) Da Nang
(d) An Hoa
2. Chapter 10
What is available to the men at Liberty Bridge?
(a) Dangerous enemy patrols and a shortage of food
(b) Trenches to sleep in and danger of ambushes
(c) Hot food, minimal danger, daily baths, tents, cots, and toilets
(d) No fresh water, little food, and trenches for sleeping
3. Chapter 7
Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
(b) The Vietnamese enemy
4. Why does Goodrich decide to be in Bagger's team?
(a) Goodrich wants to harass Bagger.
(b) Goodrich is going to make Bagger toughen up.
(c) Goodrich feels he and Bagger are alike.
(d) Goodrich doesn't get along with anyone on his own team.
5. Chapter 8
How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
(a) He cuts off his finger.
(b) He is given a psychological deferment.
(c) He shoots himself in the foot.
(d) He goes to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snake's mother find so frustrating about her son?
2. How did Phony act in order to survive at the Federal narcotics farm?
3. What is the Marine recruiter's reaction to Bagger and his teammates?
4. Where is Goodrich attending college when he decides to enlist in the Marines?
5. Chapter 11 What do Speedy, Smitty, Senator, and Burgie witness as they lie beyond the barbed wire for their LP watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main reason Ronnie enlists in the Marines?
2. What is Goodrich's reaction as the platoon walks through Go Noi Island?
3. What problems does Cannonball encounter in boot camp and Vietnam?
4. Who is wounded during enemy fire in An Hoa?
5. How do Senator's college friends find ways to avoid the draft?
6. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
7. Why is Bobby proud to enlist in the Marines?
8. What do Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man find when they go to look for the missing men?
9. What is the result of the investigation of the banana trees just off the trail that Hodges' men are following?
10. Why does Snake argue with Austin's order to send a platoon on the other side of the wire at the tree line for LP?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)