|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the civilians in America treat Gilliland when he returns home wearing his uniform?
(a) They look at him like he is an animal.
(b) They treat him like a hero.
(c) They treat him with respect.
(d) They pity him.
2. Why is Goodrich afraid to go to the flatlands?
(a) He is afraid of anything new.
(b) He is afraid of snakes in the elephant grass.
(c) He has heard stories that a man can step on an ambusher before he sees him.
(d) He is afraid of deadly insects in the tall grass.
3. Why are the villagers told they have to keep walking even after Hodges says that he will transport them to the resettlement village in a Medevac?
(a) He is refused transport.
(b) He can't be bothered and changes his mind.
(c) The villagers refuse the transport.
(d) The resettlement village is supposedly full.
4. What is the extent of Vitelli's injuries?
(a) He is shot in the neck.
(b) He is shot in the foot.
(c) He has a lethal shot to the chest.
(d) He has shrapnel in the abdomen.
5. What does Snake's mother find so frustrating about her son?
(a) He dropped out of college.
(b) He is a high school dropout, fights all the time, and carries hatred in his heart.
(c) He is a college graduate with no job.
(d) He never comes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who denies access to Bagger when he wants to see his friend, Homicide?
2. What does Snake do when he sees the new recruits?
3. What condition are Ogre and Baby Cakes in when they are found?
4. What does Bagger do when he hears the song, These Eyes?
5. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of childhood did Phony experience?
2. What becomes of Baby Cakes, Ogre, and the engineer as they dig out an abandoned bomb?
3. What does Bagger explain to his Marine buddies when he gets back from R&R?
4. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
5. Why do the men tease Bagger when the song, "These Eyes" plays on the radio?
6. How do Senator's college friends find ways to avoid the draft?
7. What do Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man find when they go to look for the missing men?
8. What unreasonable expectations does Angus Austin expect from the men?
9. Who is wounded during enemy fire in An Hoa?
10. How does Gilliland reach Pismo Beach to meet his wife after being discharged from the Marines?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)