|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan Senator devises to make him sick enough to go for treatment to the Battalion Aid Station?
(a) He hopes to get an infection from rubbing jam into his gook sores.
(b) He decides to shoot off a toe.
(c) He plans to break his finger.
(d) He eats rotten food hoping to get food poisoning.
2. What does Cat Man believe he is meant to do?
(a) Join the Marines
(b) Go back to school
(c) Move back to his native country
(d) Live a life of crime
3. What happens as Waterbull sits under his hooch looking at a picture?
(a) He starts to cry as he thinks of home.
(b) He is attacked by the enemy and shot three times.
(c) He is bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) A grenade is thrown into his hooch.
4. How is Big Mac killed?
(a) He is shot by a sniper.
(b) He falls in a raging river.
(c) He sets off a booby trap.
(d) He is hit by friendly fire.
5. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about Arizona Valley?
(a) There is no hot food, no clean clothes, and blood and guts every day.
(b) It is hidden from the enemy.
(c) It is one of the quiet spots in the jungle.
(d) It's not as bad as everyone says.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hodges thinking when he sees that Flaky has been shot?
2. What does Bagger do when he hears the song, These Eyes?
3. What does Dan give a mamasan to give to her children?
4. What does Cannonball need to help digest all the changes taking place in the black community?
5. Why doesn't Hodges want to give food to the woman who asks for food for her child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about the bush?
2. What is the result of the investigation of the banana trees just off the trail that Hodges' men are following?
3. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
4. Why does Cannonball decide to join the Marines instead of the Army?
5. What problems does Cannonball encounter in boot camp and Vietnam?
6. How do Senator's college friends find ways to avoid the draft?
7. Why is Bobby proud to enlist in the Marines?
8. Why do the men always dig new fighting holes, rather than use old holes that they find?
9. How does Angus Austin become wounded?
10. What does Bagger explain to his Marine buddies when he gets back from R&R?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)