|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Waterbull sits under his hooch looking at a picture?
(a) He is attacked by the enemy and shot three times.
(b) He starts to cry as he thinks of home.
(c) He is bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) A grenade is thrown into his hooch.
2. What is Goodrich's strength as he sits contemplating after the battle?
(a) The ghosts of his past
(b) His happy memories of home
(c) The men in his unit
(d) Memories of his girlfriend
3. What do the Marines do with the bodies of Baby Cakes and Ogre?
(a) They say a prayer over the bodies.
(b) They carry them back to camp on stretchers.
(c) They bury them.
(d) They leave them behind.
4. What is the worst enemy abuse that Goodrich remembers seeing?
(a) Two Vietnamese soldiers thrown into a pit of bodies
(b) A Vietnamese soldier is shot in the knee and thrown in the water.
(c) Food is taken away from a Vietnamese woman and child
(d) Two Vietnamese soldiers, scorched from head to foot and blinded, come to the camp to surrender.
5. What is the Marine recruiter's reaction to Bagger and his teammates?
(a) He tries to talk them out of enlisting.
(b) He turns everyone but Bagger away.
(c) He is in euphoria.
(d) He gives them warnings about what they will encounter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
2. Chapter 10 What is available to the men at Liberty Bridge?
3. Why does Goodrich decide to be in Bagger's team?
4. What does Roland learn after he is in the military?
5. How is Big Mac killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goodrich want to join Bagger's team?
2. What are the villagers carrying as they approach Hodges and his men?
3. What does Bobby Hodges awaken to his first night in Vietnam?
4. Describe Dan's family and what becomes of them?
5. What does Speed suggest to Senator when Senator asks where he should go to resign from the Marines?
6. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about the bush?
7. Why is Bobby proud to enlist in the Marines?
8. What is the result of the investigation of the banana trees just off the trail that Hodges' men are following?
9. What does Gilliland tell Hodges about the attitude of the civilians back in the States?
10. What becomes of Baby Cakes, Ogre, and the engineer as they dig out an abandoned bomb?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)