|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan Senator devises to make him sick enough to go for treatment to the Battalion Aid Station?
(a) He hopes to get an infection from rubbing jam into his gook sores.
(b) He eats rotten food hoping to get food poisoning.
(c) He plans to break his finger.
(d) He decides to shoot off a toe.
2. What does Austin rip off Phony's back?
(a) Phony's rifle
(b) Phony's backpack
(c) Phony's shirt with a peace sign on it
(d) Phony's bed roll
3. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
(d) North Carolina
4. What does Cat Man do after he quits school at sixteen?
(a) He goes to work in the fields.
(b) He marries his high school sweetheart.
(c) He sells drugs on the street.
(d) He robs a gas station.
5. Why does Phony join the Marines?
(a) He wants to atone for his bad decisions.
(b) He wants to be a hero.
(c) He will come out of the military with a clean record.
(d) He wants to serve his country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 Where is Hodges processed and briefed?
2. What happens to Austin as he dives to the ground to check on the bunkers?
3. Chapter 2 What is the reason that Bobby Hodges enlists in the armed forces?
4. Chapter 20 Where is Gilliland meeting his wife on his last day as a Marine?
5. What does Dan give a mamasan to give to her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Senator's college friends find ways to avoid the draft?
2. Why does Snake argue with Austin's order to send a platoon on the other side of the wire at the tree line for LP?
3. What does Hodges consider unfair when he confronts the enemy in the village?
4. How does Gilliland reach Pismo Beach to meet his wife after being discharged from the Marines?
5. Why is Bobby proud to enlist in the Marines?
6. What are the villagers carrying as they approach Hodges and his men?
7. What does Bagger explain to his Marine buddies when he gets back from R&R?
8. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
9. Describe the circumstances when Cat Man arrives in America from Mexico?
10. Why does Cannonball decide to join the Marines instead of the Army?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)