|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Big Mac killed?
(a) He falls in a raging river.
(b) He is hit by friendly fire.
(c) He is shot by a sniper.
(d) He sets off a booby trap.
2. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
(a) Snake's men will not be able to get back over the wire if attacked.
(b) Almost all of Snake's men are injured and need to recover.
(c) Snake's men just had duty and are tired.
(d) Snake likes to argue with Austin about everything.
3. Where do the men gather as the sun begins to fall?
(a) They gather around a campfire.
(b) They gather in the Lieutenant's tent.
(c) They gather in a jungle hut.
(d) They gather in small clumps in four man holes.
4. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
(a) He won't tolerate vulgar language.
(b) He won't tolerate a Marine out of uniform and unshaved.
(c) He won't tolerate cowardice.
(d) He won't tolerate drug use.
5. What happens to Austin as he dives to the ground to check on the bunkers?
(a) Phony launches a grenade near Austin.
(b) Austin's foot is blown off.
(c) Austin is hit by enemy fire.
(d) Austin breaks his arm in the fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
2. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about Arizona Valley?
3. Who denies access to Bagger when he wants to see his friend, Homicide?
4. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
5. What does Roland decide to do when he receives his draft notice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gilliland tell Hodges about the attitude of the civilians back in the States?
2. What does Bagger explain to his Marine buddies when he gets back from R&R?
3. Why do the men tease Bagger when the song, "These Eyes" plays on the radio?
4. What kind of childhood did Phony experience?
5. How does Angus Austin become wounded?
6. What problems does Cannonball encounter in boot camp and Vietnam?
7. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
8. Why does Snake give Goodrich the nickname, Senator?
9. What is the result of the investigation of the banana trees just off the trail that Hodges' men are following?
10. Why does Goodrich want to join Bagger's team?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)