|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hit as Snake's company has point patrol in Go Noi?
(a) Doc and Bagger
(b) Wild Man and Bagger
(c) Bagger and Chuck
(d) Snake and Wild Man
2. Chapter 16
Where do black men go to talk about racism and an unjust world?
(a) The chapel
(b) In the trenches
(c) The commander's tent
(d) The Black Shack
3. Where do Snake and Hodges plan to ambush next?
(a) Nam An Two
(b) Arizona Valley
(c) Da Nang
(d) Phu Phong
4. What is the Marine recruiter's reaction to Bagger and his teammates?
(a) He tries to talk them out of enlisting.
(b) He gives them warnings about what they will encounter.
(c) He is in euphoria.
(d) He turns everyone but Bagger away.
5. Why does Goodrich decide to be in Bagger's team?
(a) Goodrich is going to make Bagger toughen up.
(b) Goodrich doesn't get along with anyone on his own team.
(c) Goodrich wants to harass Bagger.
(d) Goodrich feels he and Bagger are alike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 5 What does Major Otto have on his arm that he received during his first tour of duty?
2. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
3. Chapter 3 Where is Hodges processed and briefed?
4. What takes place while Boomer and Gilliland inspect the Vietnamese soldier who is dressed like a mamasan?
5. Why are the villagers told they have to keep walking even after Hodges says that he will transport them to the resettlement village in a Medevac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Hodges' son when Mitsuko takes him to see his father's memorial?
2. Explain the circumstances when Bagger enlists in the Marines.
3. How does Snake keep his team motivated to move through the gunfire toward the cemetery to help Senator's team?
4. What kind of childhood did Phony experience?
5. What does Snake decide to do when Hodges arrives to help?
6. How do Senator's college friends find ways to avoid the draft?
7. How does Angus Austin become wounded?
8. What is the main reason Ronnie enlists in the Marines?
9. What are the results of the investigation into Snake's participation in the killing of the civilian's that Senator reported?
10. How does Gilliland reach Pismo Beach to meet his wife after being discharged from the Marines?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)