|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(c) They are very much alike.
(d) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
2. Why does Snake send Goodrich's team to investigate along the tree line?
(a) Look for snipers
(b) Three gooks were spotted there
(c) Check for booby traps
(d) See if any civilians are in the area
3. Why is Bagger so annoyed with the truck driver?
(a) The driver is ridiculing them because they have to do the work.
(b) The driver keeps making annoying sounds.
(c) The driver is Vietnamese.
(d) The driver is not helping with the work, but napping in the truck.
4. How does Snake make it over to Goodrich?
(a) He runs and fires his rifle at the same time.
(b) He makes a running dive for the mound where Goodrich is hiding.
(c) He crawls slowly to Goodrich.
(d) He walks to Goodrich, oblivious to enemy fire.
5. Why does Goodrich's father turn Mark in to the police?
(a) He is angry that his own son had to fight and not Mark.
(b) He doesn't want Mark to influence Goodrich.
(c) He believes Mark turned his back on his country.
(d) He never liked Mark.
6. What is announced at the platoon formation?
(a) The various medals the men will be receiving.
(b) The deployment of the men
(c) The nicknames of the new men
(d) The discharge of many of the men
7. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
(a) He is wounded in the thigh.
(b) He loses consciousness.
(c) He is shot in the foot.
(d) Hot metal rips through his side.
8. What story would Ronnie's mother like to hear from him?
(a) How he jumped in front of so many guns to save his friend.
(b) How he disagreed with Kersey's decisions.
(c) How he tried so hard to come home.
(d) How he killed the man and woman who shot his friends.
9. What does Goodrich do after a few months back home?
(a) He returns to Harvard.
(b) He goes to visit friends across country.
(c) He gets a job in a hospital.
(d) He gets a job at a gas station.
10. What is Goodrich's response to the family gathering his parents planned for him?
(a) He cries with emotion.
(b) He says that he now knows what his wake will be like.
(c) He is happy to have the distractions of company.
(d) He appreciates the gesture.
11. What does Snake do after he gives the news to Bugs?
(a) He goes for a walk around the perimeter.
(b) He jogs through the camp.
(c) He climbs onto the roof of a sandbag bunker and looks across the fields.
(d) He leaves, regretting his decision immediately.
12. What is Hodges' reaction to Goodrich's insults?
(a) He is silently livid.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is not bothered by it.
(d) He is angry and ready for a fight.
13. Why doesn't Snake want to follow Kersey's order to set up his men in the paddy?
(a) The men are superstitious about the paddy.
(b) There are snakes in the paddy.
(c) His men will be mercilessly exposed.
(d) It is too wet in the paddy.
14. What does Goodrich see hanging from a helicopter that is passing above him?
(a) A net with four living men and four dead men hanging from it
(b) A net with extra food rations
(c) A net with Vietcong prisoners
(d) A net with more ammunition
15. How do Mitsuko and Hodges spend the day before he leaves for active duty?
(a) They tour Okinawa.
(b) They spend the day in bed.
(c) They spend the day arguing.
(d) They spend the day walking and talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
2. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
3. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
4. What does Hodges notice in his friend's eyes?
5. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)