|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Senator thinking as he searches the tree line?
(a) He fears that hundreds of the enemy are waiting to kill them.
(b) He hopes he gets wounded.
(c) He thinks about returning to Harvard.
(d) He thinks it is a waste of time.
2. How long does Snake have left to serve in Vietnam?
(a) Twenty-one days
(b) Thirty days
(c) Forty-seven days
(d) Fourteen days
3. What do Dan's and his men do after being overrun by the NVC?
(a) Run into the bush
(b) Blow themselves up rather than be caught.
(d) Fight to the death
4. Where does Mitsuko take Hitoshi to help him understand his past?
(a) She takes him to visit Hodges' family in America.
(b) She takes him to see Hodges' monument.
(c) She takes him to the Marine post for more information.
(d) She takes him to visit Hodges' company commander.
5. What is the result of Goodrich's sworn statement about the murders of the man and woman that he turned over to Regimental Legal Officer?
(a) The case is dropped.
(b) Snake is cleared of charges.
(c) The case is ongoing.
(d) Snake is denied his Medal of Honor.
6. What is Goodrich's view of bush justice?
(a) He doesn't like it but he will participate.
(b) He feels that they are justified in killing the Vietnamese.
(c) He believes they have no right to play God.
(d) He feels that it is just the way of war.
7. What is in the letter that Snake's Captain sends to his mother?
(a) The Captain says that Snake missed his home
(b) The Captain says that Snake always talked about his mother.
(c) The Captain says that Snake was buried in the bush.
(d) The Captain says that he is recommending Snake for the Medal of Honor.
8. Why doesn't Snake want to follow Kersey's order to set up his men in the paddy?
(a) His men will be mercilessly exposed.
(b) The men are superstitious about the paddy.
(c) It is too wet in the paddy.
(d) There are snakes in the paddy.
9. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
(a) Hot metal rips through his side.
(b) He is wounded in the thigh.
(c) He loses consciousness.
(d) He is shot in the foot.
10. What happens to Dan's column when they enter Laos?
(a) They are greeted by friendly civilians.
(b) They are shelled for a full day.
(c) They are invited to stay in the village.
(d) Children offer them food.
11. What advice does Goodrich give to his friend Mark who arrives from Canada after evading the draft?
(a) He tells Mark to live with the underground.
(b) He tells Mark to change his name.
(c) He tells Mark to stay in Canada.
(d) He tells Mark he should surrender.
12. What are Snake's thoughts about Baby Cakes?
(a) Baby Cakes was better off dead.
(b) Baby Cakes would have died for him.
(c) Baby Cakes was a coward.
(d) Baby Cakes was a nuisance.
13. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
(a) He sees reinforcements arriving.
(b) He sees the North Vietnamese Regiment surrendering.
(c) He sees American tanks headed their way.
(d) A North Vietnamese Regiment is trapped by his men.
14. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 27 investigation
(b) An article 32 investigation
(c) An article 38 investigation
(d) An article 75 investigation
15. What is the duty the men are leaving for when they climb into the truck?
(a) Searching for booby traps
(b) Sand bag duty
(c) Rescue a POW
(d) Rear patrol
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
2. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
3. How does Snake make it over to Goodrich?
4. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
5. Why is Jones sent back to the World?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)