|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sergeant Sadler expect the enemy to attack?
(b) An Hoa
2. How does Goodrich feel after his tirade about Hodges?
(a) He feels consoled.
(b) He feels better than he has in a long time.
(c) He is proud of himself.
(d) He is embarrassed and silent.
3. What is the plan the Colonel tells the officers at the Regimental Command Center?
(a) The plan is to gather for a full scale assault.
(b) The plan is to charge into the village.
(c) The plan is to stay hidden for ambush.
(d) The plan is to run a large scale sweep and block.
4. What does Snake's mother wonder as she looks at Ronnie's Boot Camp picture?
(a) She wonders why he was taken from her.
(b) She wonders when his medal will come.
(c) She wonders if Snake suffered.
(d) She wonders what Snake's last words were.
5. What is in the letter that Snake's Captain sends to his mother?
(a) The Captain says that Snake missed his home
(b) The Captain says that Snake was buried in the bush.
(c) The Captain says that he is recommending Snake for the Medal of Honor.
(d) The Captain says that Snake always talked about his mother.
6. What is it called when helicopters drop aviation fuel into the rice seed beds?
(a) Operation Enemy Denial
(b) Operation Rice Denial
(c) Operation Dead Seed
(d) Operation Rice Wipe Out
7. Why is Bagger so annoyed with the truck driver?
(a) The driver is not helping with the work, but napping in the truck.
(b) The driver is Vietnamese.
(c) The driver keeps making annoying sounds.
(d) The driver is ridiculing them because they have to do the work.
8. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
(a) They have no weapons until they reach their destination.
(b) They are carrying only their rifles.
(c) They are fully burdened with guns and ammunition.
(d) They are travelling light.
9. Who is Hodges surprised to see get off the supply chopper?
(a) A Major General
(c) First Lieutenant Kersey
10. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
(a) He plays the guitar and sings every anti-war song he can think of.
(b) He smashes everything in his tent.
(c) He screams loudly into the night.
(d) He cries on Hodges' shoulder.
11. What does Hodges notice in his friend's eyes?
(c) Innocence and curiousity
12. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 32 investigation
(b) An article 38 investigation
(c) An article 27 investigation
(d) An article 75 investigation
13. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
(a) Four days off in Hanoi
(b) Four days off in An Hoa
(c) Returning to the jungle
(d) The large number of the enemy they have killed
14. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
(a) It's your war, not mine.
(b) I'm sorry.
(c) I'm willing to help.
(d) I'm afraid.
15. Why does Goodrich's father turn Mark in to the police?
(a) He doesn't want Mark to influence Goodrich.
(b) He never liked Mark.
(c) He believes Mark turned his back on his country.
(d) He is angry that his own son had to fight and not Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
2. What prevents Snake's two teams from advancing to help Senator's team?
3. What is the purpose of Operation Lam Son 719?
4. Where does Mitsuko take Hitoshi to help him understand his past?
5. Why does Mitsuko refuse Hodges' marriage proposal?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)