|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protects Cat Man's and Cannonball's teams as they make their way to the cemetery?
(b) Chest-high hills
(d) Large boulders
2. What does Snake do after he gives the news to Bugs?
(a) He jogs through the camp.
(b) He climbs onto the roof of a sandbag bunker and looks across the fields.
(c) He leaves, regretting his decision immediately.
(d) He goes for a walk around the perimeter.
3. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
(a) A North Vietnamese Regiment is trapped by his men.
(b) He sees American tanks headed their way.
(c) He sees the North Vietnamese Regiment surrendering.
(d) He sees reinforcements arriving.
4. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
(a) She says that Hodges never should have been in Vietnam.
(b) She tells the boy that Hodges was a coward in Vietnam.
(c) She explains that Hodges was a warrior in Vietnam.
(d) She says that Hodges made bad decisions in Vietnam.
5. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
(a) They took his livestock and rice paddies.
(b) They burned his home.
(c) They took his family, his land, and his life.
(d) They killed his parents.
6. How do people react to Hitoshi when he is out in public?
(a) They honor him because he is half American.
(b) They bow to him.
(c) They stare at him and tease him.
(d) They offer him gifts.
7. What advice does Goodrich give to his friend Mark who arrives from Canada after evading the draft?
(a) He tells Mark to change his name.
(b) He tells Mark he should surrender.
(c) He tells Mark to stay in Canada.
(d) He tells Mark to live with the underground.
8. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
9. What type of terrain is the Arizona shore the Marines climb onto from the chest high river?
(a) The shore is all flatland.
(b) The shore is mud and sand.
(c) The shore is full of craters and shattered trees.
(d) The shore is mountainous.
10. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
(a) He will be sent back to the World.
(b) He will be stationed outside of Vietnam.
(c) He will be discharged.
(d) He will be removed from his company.
11. What happens to Dan's column when they enter Laos?
(a) They are invited to stay in the village.
(b) They are shelled for a full day.
(c) Children offer them food.
(d) They are greeted by friendly civilians.
12. What does Hodges plan to do when he meets Mitsuko's parents?
(a) He plans to force them to give Mitsuko to him.
(b) He plans to offer them a bribe for Mitsuko's hand in marriage.
(c) He plans to get their blessing to marry Mitsuko.
(d) He plans to threaten them if they don't agree to give Mitsuko to him.
13. How many dead men does his friend tell Hodges about?
14. What saves Senator from being riddled with bullets?
(a) He crawls behind a large tree.
(b) He crawls into an open grave.
(c) New Mac covers him with return fire.
(d) He falls into a crater.
15. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
(a) He feels something bad is going to happen.
(b) He feels protected by some unknown force.
(c) He thinks he might kill himself.
(d) He thinks Goodrich is a traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Senator thinking as he searches the tree line?
2. What shocking news does Snake reveal to Bugs?
3. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
4. What does Senator tell a group of people gathered for an anti-war rally?
5. How long do Hodges' men have to wait in the field before the fighting begins?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)