|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senator tell a group of people gathered for an anti-war rally?
(a) He tells them that he would do it all over again.
(b) He tells them that if he could, he would kill the little girl who caused him to lose his leg.
(c) He tells them that they should be ashamed.
(d) He tells them that he wishes he could apologize to all the people he killed.
2. How does Cat Man feel as the helicopter flies away?
(a) He feels like a wild animal.
(b) He feels like a killing machine.
(c) He feels like an abandoned child.
(d) He feels like a walking dead man.
3. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
(a) Show them his scars
(b) Tell them about home
(c) Who else he saw at the hospital
(d) Tell them what is going on in the jungle
4. Where do Hodges' men take position?
(a) Up river
(b) In the hills
(c) In a nearby bunker
(d) Along the perimeter of a paddy
5. What happens to Hodges as he hears a puff to his left?
(a) He is shot in the shoulder.
(b) He is shot in the leg.
(c) He is shot in the neck.
(d) He is shot in the face.
6. Who is Hodges surprised to see get off the supply chopper?
(b) First Lieutenant Kersey
(d) A Major General
7. What does Senator believe Snake would have thought about his speech?
(a) He thinks Snake would have shaken his head in disgust.
(b) He thinks Snake would have beaten him for it.
(c) He thinks Snake would have been proud of him.
(d) He thinks Snake would have spit at him.
8. What is the purpose of Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) Attacking Laos
(b) Attacking Hanoi
(c) Attacking Da Nang
(d) Attacking NVA bunkers
9. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
(a) He loses consciousness.
(b) He is shot in the foot.
(c) He is wounded in the thigh.
(d) Hot metal rips through his side.
10. What does Hodges plan to do when he meets Mitsuko's parents?
(a) He plans to get their blessing to marry Mitsuko.
(b) He plans to threaten them if they don't agree to give Mitsuko to him.
(c) He plans to force them to give Mitsuko to him.
(d) He plans to offer them a bribe for Mitsuko's hand in marriage.
11. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
(a) They took his family, his land, and his life.
(b) They burned his home.
(c) They killed his parents.
(d) They took his livestock and rice paddies.
12. What does Snake's mother think about as she holds his letters in her hand?
(a) She wonders what she will say to the newspaper reporters.
(b) She wonders if Ronnie's friends will come to visit.
(c) She thinks about how her neighbors will be envious when she meets the President.
(d) She thinks about what she will wear when she meets the President.
13. What is Hodges' reaction to Goodrich's insults?
(a) He is angry and ready for a fight.
(b) He is not bothered by it.
(c) He is silently livid.
(d) He is amused.
14. What does Snake's mother wonder as she looks at Ronnie's Boot Camp picture?
(a) She wonders why he was taken from her.
(b) She wonders when his medal will come.
(c) She wonders what Snake's last words were.
(d) She wonders if Snake suffered.
15. What is Senator thinking as he searches the tree line?
(a) He fears that hundreds of the enemy are waiting to kill them.
(b) He thinks it is a waste of time.
(c) He thinks about returning to Harvard.
(d) He hopes he gets wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
2. What are Snake's thoughts about Baby Cakes?
3. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
4. What does the enemy use as a distraction from the ambush?
5. How does Mitsuko think of Hodges?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)