|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
(a) He is wounded in the thigh.
(b) He loses consciousness.
(c) He is shot in the foot.
(d) Hot metal rips through his side.
2. What does Snake's mother wonder as she looks at Ronnie's Boot Camp picture?
(a) She wonders if Snake suffered.
(b) She wonders what Snake's last words were.
(c) She wonders when his medal will come.
(d) She wonders why he was taken from her.
3. What does Goodrich do after a few months back home?
(a) He gets a job in a hospital.
(b) He goes to visit friends across country.
(c) He gets a job at a gas station.
(d) He returns to Harvard.
4. Where does Mitsuko take Hitoshi to help him understand his past?
(a) She takes him to see Hodges' monument.
(b) She takes him to the Marine post for more information.
(c) She takes him to visit Hodges' family in America.
(d) She takes him to visit Hodges' company commander.
5. Who is Hodges surprised to see get off the supply chopper?
(a) A Major General
(d) First Lieutenant Kersey
6. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
(a) He pushes Kersey to the ground.
(b) He defies the order outright.
(c) Snake won't move the men until he hears it from the Lieutenant.
(d) He tells his men to move to the paddy.
7. What is the condition of Snake's mother's home?
(a) Her home is a fetid, cold rowhouse.
(b) Her home is small but comfortable.
(c) Her home is in a clean apartment building.
(d) Her home is quaint and warm.
8. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
(a) Show them his scars
(b) Who else he saw at the hospital
(c) Tell them about home
(d) Tell them what is going on in the jungle
9. How does Mitsuko think of Hodges?
(a) She thinks of him as the enemy.
(b) She thinks of him as a beautiful man.
(c) She thinks of him as a mistake.
(d) She thinks of him as forgettable.
10. What does Senator tell a group of people gathered for an anti-war rally?
(a) He tells them that they should be ashamed.
(b) He tells them that he would do it all over again.
(c) He tells them that he wishes he could apologize to all the people he killed.
(d) He tells them that if he could, he would kill the little girl who caused him to lose his leg.
11. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) They are very much alike.
(d) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
12. How does Cat Man feel as the helicopter flies away?
(a) He feels like a wild animal.
(b) He feels like a walking dead man.
(c) He feels like an abandoned child.
(d) He feels like a killing machine.
13. Why does Goodrich's father turn Mark in to the police?
(a) He believes Mark turned his back on his country.
(b) He doesn't want Mark to influence Goodrich.
(c) He never liked Mark.
(d) He is angry that his own son had to fight and not Mark.
14. What story would Ronnie's mother like to hear from him?
(a) How he killed the man and woman who shot his friends.
(b) How he jumped in front of so many guns to save his friend.
(c) How he disagreed with Kersey's decisions.
(d) How he tried so hard to come home.
15. What saves Senator from being riddled with bullets?
(a) He crawls behind a large tree.
(b) He falls into a crater.
(c) New Mac covers him with return fire.
(d) He crawls into an open grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Snake have left to serve in Vietnam?
2. What protects Cat Man's and Cannonball's teams as they make their way to the cemetery?
3. Why doesn't Snake want to follow Kersey's order to set up his men in the paddy?
4. What are Snake's thoughts about Baby Cakes?
5. What is Goodrich's response to the family gathering his parents planned for him?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)