|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hodges plan to do when he meets Mitsuko's parents?
(a) He plans to threaten them if they don't agree to give Mitsuko to him.
(b) He plans to get their blessing to marry Mitsuko.
(c) He plans to offer them a bribe for Mitsuko's hand in marriage.
(d) He plans to force them to give Mitsuko to him.
2. How long do Hodges' men have to wait in the field before the fighting begins?
(a) Eight hours
(b) Two hours
(c) Six hours
(d) Three hours
3. What does Snake's mother think about as she holds his letters in her hand?
(a) She thinks about how her neighbors will be envious when she meets the President.
(b) She wonders what she will say to the newspaper reporters.
(c) She wonders if Ronnie's friends will come to visit.
(d) She thinks about what she will wear when she meets the President.
4. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(b) His sister
5. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
(a) His arm is gone.
(b) A stomach shot
(c) His leg is gone.
(d) A shot through the shoulder
6. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
(a) He thinks he might kill himself.
(b) He feels protected by some unknown force.
(c) He feels something bad is going to happen.
(d) He thinks Goodrich is a traitor.
7. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
(a) He steps on a land mine.
(b) He is blasted with a grenade.
(c) He is accidentally shot by his own men.
(d) He is shot with machine gun fire.
8. Where has Hodges been recovering from his wounds?
(a) Back in the States
(b) A Chinese hospital
(c) A Vietnamese hospital
(d) A Japanese hospital
9. Where do Hodges' men take position?
(a) In the hills
(b) Along the perimeter of a paddy
(c) Up river
(d) In a nearby bunker
10. What saves Senator from being riddled with bullets?
(a) He falls into a crater.
(b) He crawls behind a large tree.
(c) New Mac covers him with return fire.
(d) He crawls into an open grave.
11. How does Mitsuko think of Hodges?
(a) She thinks of him as the enemy.
(b) She thinks of him as a mistake.
(c) She thinks of him as forgettable.
(d) She thinks of him as a beautiful man.
12. How does Goodrich feel after his tirade about Hodges?
(a) He is embarrassed and silent.
(b) He feels better than he has in a long time.
(c) He is proud of himself.
(d) He feels consoled.
13. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
(a) He will be stationed outside of Vietnam.
(b) He will be removed from his company.
(c) He will be sent back to the World.
(d) He will be discharged.
14. Who does Goodrich tell about the scene when his platoon found Baby Cakes and Ogre?
(a) The Commanding Officer
(b) The Regimental Legal Officer
(c) The Four Star General
(d) The Sergeant Major
15. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
(a) They are carrying only their rifles.
(b) They are travelling light.
(c) They are fully burdened with guns and ammunition.
(d) They have no weapons until they reach their destination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
2. What is Goodrich told about the killing of the Vietnamese man and woman?
3. What does the enemy use as a distraction from the ambush?
4. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
5. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)