|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
(a) The Sergeant slaps him in the face.
(b) The Sergeant agrees with him.
(c) The Sergeant sympathizes with him.
(d) The Sergeant beats him.
2. What shocking news does Snake reveal to Bugs?
(a) Snake is going to extend his stay in Vietnam.
(b) Snake is planning on going AWOL.
(c) Snake is sick and dying.
(d) Snake is getting a dishonorable discharge.
3. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
(a) The enemy is afraid of Snake's men.
(b) He tells Goodrich the enemy is using them as bait.
(c) The enemy is afraid of an air assault.
(d) The enemy is out of ammunition.
4. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
(a) He feels protected by some unknown force.
(b) He thinks he might kill himself.
(c) He thinks Goodrich is a traitor.
(d) He feels something bad is going to happen.
5. What does Snake's mother think about as she holds his letters in her hand?
(a) She thinks about what she will wear when she meets the President.
(b) She thinks about how her neighbors will be envious when she meets the President.
(c) She wonders if Ronnie's friends will come to visit.
(d) She wonders what she will say to the newspaper reporters.
6. What does Goodrich see hanging from a helicopter that is passing above him?
(a) A net with more ammunition
(b) A net with four living men and four dead men hanging from it
(c) A net with Vietcong prisoners
(d) A net with extra food rations
7. What is Goodrich's view of bush justice?
(a) He doesn't like it but he will participate.
(b) He feels that they are justified in killing the Vietnamese.
(c) He believes they have no right to play God.
(d) He feels that it is just the way of war.
8. What does Snake believe about his time in Vietnam?
(a) Vietnam is his hell on earth.
(b) Snake believes it was a waste of part of his life.
(c) Snake believes he lost his innocence in Vietnam.
(d) Nothing he could ever do in life would equal his time served in Vietnam.
9. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
(a) I'm willing to help.
(b) I'm afraid.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) It's your war, not mine.
10. What does Hodges think about his situation as the enemy begins bombing?
(a) He thinks that he was meant to be a peace keeper.
(b) He thinks that he was bred to be a warrior.
(c) He thinks that he was never meant to be in this war.
(d) He thinks that he was meant to be a chaplain.
11. What does Goodrich do after a few months back home?
(a) He returns to Harvard.
(b) He gets a job at a gas station.
(c) He gets a job in a hospital.
(d) He goes to visit friends across country.
12. As Snake sees the mountains in the distance, what does he think about himself?
(a) He is alone in the world.
(b) He is lost to the world.
(c) He will never fit into this world.
(d) He is a master of a violent world.
13. What happens to Hodges as he hears a puff to his left?
(a) He is shot in the neck.
(b) He is shot in the leg.
(c) He is shot in the shoulder.
(d) He is shot in the face.
14. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
(a) He is accidentally shot by his own men.
(b) He is shot with machine gun fire.
(c) He is blasted with a grenade.
(d) He steps on a land mine.
15. How does Snake make it over to Goodrich?
(a) He runs and fires his rifle at the same time.
(b) He crawls slowly to Goodrich.
(c) He walks to Goodrich, oblivious to enemy fire.
(d) He makes a running dive for the mound where Goodrich is hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Snake have left to serve in Vietnam?
2. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
3. How do people react to Hitoshi when he is out in public?
4. What is Goodrich told about the killing of the Vietnamese man and woman?
5. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)