|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 75 investigation
(b) An article 27 investigation
(c) An article 38 investigation
(d) An article 32 investigation
2. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
3. What is the purpose of Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) Attacking Laos
(b) Attacking Da Nang
(c) Attacking NVA bunkers
(d) Attacking Hanoi
4. What is Kersey's reply when Hodges asks him if there is somewhere his men can hold up until the fighting starts?
(a) Kersey shows Hodges where a dry tent is located.
(b) Kersey invites the men to stay with him.
(c) Kersey sends them to the mess hall.
(d) Kersey tells Hodges that he is not running a hotel.
5. Who does Goodrich tell about the scene when his platoon found Baby Cakes and Ogre?
(a) The Sergeant Major
(b) The Four Star General
(c) The Commanding Officer
(d) The Regimental Legal Officer
6. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(c) His sister
7. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
(a) The enemy is afraid of Snake's men.
(b) He tells Goodrich the enemy is using them as bait.
(c) The enemy is afraid of an air assault.
(d) The enemy is out of ammunition.
8. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
(a) He pushes Kersey to the ground.
(b) He defies the order outright.
(c) Snake won't move the men until he hears it from the Lieutenant.
(d) He tells his men to move to the paddy.
9. What is Goodrich's response to the family gathering his parents planned for him?
(a) He says that he now knows what his wake will be like.
(b) He appreciates the gesture.
(c) He is happy to have the distractions of company.
(d) He cries with emotion.
10. What prevents Snake's two teams from advancing to help Senator's team?
(a) The enemy throws a barrage of grenades at them.
(b) The enemy fires a machine gun at the teams.
(c) The enemy uses flame throwers to drive the teams back.
(d) The enemy fires tear gas crystals at them.
11. What is Goodrich's view of bush justice?
(a) He doesn't like it but he will participate.
(b) He feels that it is just the way of war.
(c) He believes they have no right to play God.
(d) He feels that they are justified in killing the Vietnamese.
12. Why doesn't Dan agree with Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) He believes they should surrender.
(b) He believes they should attack in the opposite direction.
(c) He believes there are enough problems right where they are.
(d) He believes they should form a truce.
13. What do the Marines send to Hodges' mother?
(a) A letter from his pocket
(b) A flag, a gold star, and the medals he earned
(c) His old, torn flak jacket
(d) His rifle
14. Why does Snake send Goodrich's team to investigate along the tree line?
(a) Check for booby traps
(b) Look for snipers
(c) Three gooks were spotted there
(d) See if any civilians are in the area
15. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
(a) I'm willing to help.
(b) I'm afraid.
(c) It's your war, not mine.
(d) I'm sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
2. What are Snake's thoughts about Baby Cakes?
3. Why is Hodges irritated with the way his friend describes the deaths of certain Marines?
4. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
5. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)