|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
(a) He feels something bad is going to happen.
(b) He thinks Goodrich is a traitor.
(c) He thinks he might kill himself.
(d) He feels protected by some unknown force.
2. Why is Hodges irritated with the way his friend describes the deaths of certain Marines?
(a) He cries while he talks about it.
(b) He treats them like textbook deaths.
(c) He gets more emotional with each description.
(d) He says a prayer after telling of each death.
3. What is Hodges' reaction to Goodrich's insults?
(a) He is angry and ready for a fight.
(b) He is not bothered by it.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is silently livid.
4. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(a) His sister
5. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
(a) She says that Hodges never should have been in Vietnam.
(b) She says that Hodges made bad decisions in Vietnam.
(c) She tells the boy that Hodges was a coward in Vietnam.
(d) She explains that Hodges was a warrior in Vietnam.
6. What is Goodrich's response to the family gathering his parents planned for him?
(a) He says that he now knows what his wake will be like.
(b) He is happy to have the distractions of company.
(c) He cries with emotion.
(d) He appreciates the gesture.
7. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
(a) They took his livestock and rice paddies.
(b) They killed his parents.
(c) They took his family, his land, and his life.
(d) They burned his home.
8. What is the result of Goodrich's sworn statement about the murders of the man and woman that he turned over to Regimental Legal Officer?
(a) The case is ongoing.
(b) Snake is cleared of charges.
(c) Snake is denied his Medal of Honor.
(d) The case is dropped.
9. Hodges meets an old friend from school in the mess hall. What school is his friend from?
(a) High School
(c) Junior High
(d) Basic School platoon
10. What does the letter that Bagger takes off a dead enemy soldier reveal?
(a) It is a letter to his mother.
(b) The dead man asks his sweetheart to marry him.
(c) The dead man has five children and is asking to be relieved of his war duties.
(d) It is a letter to his children.
11. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
(a) A stomach shot
(b) His leg is gone.
(c) His arm is gone.
(d) A shot through the shoulder
12. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
(a) He throws water in Senator's face and puts pressure on the wound.
(b) He gives Senator Morphine and covers the wound.
(c) He places Senator's upside down.
(d) He throws water in Senator's face and gives him Morphine.
13. What is the plan the Colonel tells the officers at the Regimental Command Center?
(a) The plan is to stay hidden for ambush.
(b) The plan is to gather for a full scale assault.
(c) The plan is to charge into the village.
(d) The plan is to run a large scale sweep and block.
14. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(b) They are very much alike.
(c) They have nothing in common.
(d) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
15. What do the Marines send to Hodges' mother?
(a) His rifle
(b) A flag, a gold star, and the medals he earned
(c) His old, torn flak jacket
(d) A letter from his pocket
Short Answer Questions
1. What story would Ronnie's mother like to hear from him?
2. What are Snake's thoughts about Baby Cakes?
3. Why doesn't Snake want to follow Kersey's order to set up his men in the paddy?
4. What advice does Goodrich give to his friend Mark who arrives from Canada after evading the draft?
5. How do Mitsuko and Hodges spend the day before he leaves for active duty?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)