|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
(a) His arm is gone.
(b) A stomach shot
(c) A shot through the shoulder
(d) His leg is gone.
2. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
3. Where does Sergeant Sadler expect the enemy to attack?
(a) An Hoa
4. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
(a) He throws water in Senator's face and gives him Morphine.
(b) He places Senator's upside down.
(c) He gives Senator Morphine and covers the wound.
(d) He throws water in Senator's face and puts pressure on the wound.
5. What does the letter that Bagger takes off a dead enemy soldier reveal?
(a) The dead man has five children and is asking to be relieved of his war duties.
(b) It is a letter to his children.
(c) It is a letter to his mother.
(d) The dead man asks his sweetheart to marry him.
6. What is it called when helicopters drop aviation fuel into the rice seed beds?
(a) Operation Enemy Denial
(b) Operation Rice Wipe Out
(c) Operation Dead Seed
(d) Operation Rice Denial
7. What does Goodrich do after a few months back home?
(a) He goes to visit friends across country.
(b) He gets a job at a gas station.
(c) He gets a job in a hospital.
(d) He returns to Harvard.
8. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(c) His sister
9. How does Mitsuko think of Hodges?
(a) She thinks of him as the enemy.
(b) She thinks of him as a beautiful man.
(c) She thinks of him as forgettable.
(d) She thinks of him as a mistake.
10. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
(a) He thinks he might kill himself.
(b) He feels protected by some unknown force.
(c) He thinks Goodrich is a traitor.
(d) He feels something bad is going to happen.
11. What story would Ronnie's mother like to hear from him?
(a) How he killed the man and woman who shot his friends.
(b) How he tried so hard to come home.
(c) How he jumped in front of so many guns to save his friend.
(d) How he disagreed with Kersey's decisions.
12. What is the result of Goodrich's sworn statement about the murders of the man and woman that he turned over to Regimental Legal Officer?
(a) Snake is cleared of charges.
(b) Snake is denied his Medal of Honor.
(c) The case is ongoing.
(d) The case is dropped.
13. How many dead men does his friend tell Hodges about?
14. What do Dan's and his men do after being overrun by the NVC?
(a) Fight to the death
(b) Blow themselves up rather than be caught.
(d) Run into the bush
15. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
(a) They are carrying only their rifles.
(b) They are fully burdened with guns and ammunition.
(c) They are travelling light.
(d) They have no weapons until they reach their destination.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Hodges' men have to wait in the field before the fighting begins?
2. What does Hodges' friend ask him before he leaves?
3. What happens to Hodges as he hears a puff to his left?
4. What is Kersey's reply when Hodges asks him if there is somewhere his men can hold up until the fighting starts?
5. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)