|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goodrich do after a few months back home?
(a) He gets a job at a gas station.
(b) He returns to Harvard.
(c) He goes to visit friends across country.
(d) He gets a job in a hospital.
2. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) They are very much alike.
(b) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
(c) They have nothing in common.
(d) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
3. What does Goodrich see hanging from a helicopter that is passing above him?
(a) A net with four living men and four dead men hanging from it
(b) A net with extra food rations
(c) A net with Vietcong prisoners
(d) A net with more ammunition
4. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
(a) He sees the North Vietnamese Regiment surrendering.
(b) He sees reinforcements arriving.
(c) He sees American tanks headed their way.
(d) A North Vietnamese Regiment is trapped by his men.
5. What does Hodges' friend ask him before he leaves?
(a) He asks Hodges if he regrets enlisting.
(b) He asks Hodges if they can meet again.
(c) He asks Hodges if he is afraid.
(d) He asks if Hodges thinks they can win the war.
6. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
(a) Snake won't move the men until he hears it from the Lieutenant.
(b) He tells his men to move to the paddy.
(c) He defies the order outright.
(d) He pushes Kersey to the ground.
7. Where has Hodges been recovering from his wounds?
(a) Back in the States
(b) A Chinese hospital
(c) A Vietnamese hospital
(d) A Japanese hospital
8. Why does Snake send Goodrich's team to investigate along the tree line?
(a) Look for snipers
(b) Three gooks were spotted there
(c) Check for booby traps
(d) See if any civilians are in the area
9. How does Cat Man feel as the helicopter flies away?
(a) He feels like a killing machine.
(b) He feels like a wild animal.
(c) He feels like a walking dead man.
(d) He feels like an abandoned child.
10. What does Snake believe about his time in Vietnam?
(a) Snake believes it was a waste of part of his life.
(b) Nothing he could ever do in life would equal his time served in Vietnam.
(c) Snake believes he lost his innocence in Vietnam.
(d) Vietnam is his hell on earth.
11. What is the result of Goodrich's sworn statement about the murders of the man and woman that he turned over to Regimental Legal Officer?
(a) Snake is denied his Medal of Honor.
(b) Snake is cleared of charges.
(c) The case is dropped.
(d) The case is ongoing.
12. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 27 investigation
(b) An article 75 investigation
(c) An article 32 investigation
(d) An article 38 investigation
13. How does Mitsuko think of Hodges?
(a) She thinks of him as forgettable.
(b) She thinks of him as a beautiful man.
(c) She thinks of him as the enemy.
(d) She thinks of him as a mistake.
14. What do the Marines send to Hodges' mother?
(a) A letter from his pocket
(b) A flag, a gold star, and the medals he earned
(c) His old, torn flak jacket
(d) His rifle
15. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Snake sees the mountains in the distance, what does he think about himself?
2. What are Snake's thoughts about Baby Cakes?
3. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
4. What do Dan's and his men do after being overrun by the NVC?
5. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)