|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
(a) He plays the guitar and sings every anti-war song he can think of.
(b) He smashes everything in his tent.
(c) He screams loudly into the night.
(d) He cries on Hodges' shoulder.
2. What does Goodrich do after a few months back home?
(a) He gets a job at a gas station.
(b) He goes to visit friends across country.
(c) He gets a job in a hospital.
(d) He returns to Harvard.
3. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
(a) Who else he saw at the hospital
(b) Show them his scars
(c) Tell them what is going on in the jungle
(d) Tell them about home
4. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
(a) He is accidentally shot by his own men.
(b) He is shot with machine gun fire.
(c) He steps on a land mine.
(d) He is blasted with a grenade.
5. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
(a) She tells the boy that Hodges was a coward in Vietnam.
(b) She explains that Hodges was a warrior in Vietnam.
(c) She says that Hodges made bad decisions in Vietnam.
(d) She says that Hodges never should have been in Vietnam.
6. What advice does Goodrich give to his friend Mark who arrives from Canada after evading the draft?
(a) He tells Mark to live with the underground.
(b) He tells Mark to change his name.
(c) He tells Mark he should surrender.
(d) He tells Mark to stay in Canada.
7. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
(a) Snake won't move the men until he hears it from the Lieutenant.
(b) He defies the order outright.
(c) He tells his men to move to the paddy.
(d) He pushes Kersey to the ground.
8. Who does Goodrich tell about the scene when his platoon found Baby Cakes and Ogre?
(a) The Four Star General
(b) The Sergeant Major
(c) The Regimental Legal Officer
(d) The Commanding Officer
9. What does Hodges' seven year old son believe his father did?
(a) He believes his father will come back for him.
(b) He believes Hodges went back to America, abandoning him and Mitsuko.
(c) He believes his father was a traitor.
(d) He believes his father was a coward.
10. What does Hodges' friend ask him before he leaves?
(a) He asks Hodges if he regrets enlisting.
(b) He asks Hodges if he is afraid.
(c) He asks Hodges if they can meet again.
(d) He asks if Hodges thinks they can win the war.
11. How does Mitsuko think of Hodges?
(a) She thinks of him as the enemy.
(b) She thinks of him as a mistake.
(c) She thinks of him as a beautiful man.
(d) She thinks of him as forgettable.
12. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
(a) The Sergeant slaps him in the face.
(b) The Sergeant agrees with him.
(c) The Sergeant beats him.
(d) The Sergeant sympathizes with him.
13. What does Waterbull tell the troop in his letter from home?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is a home town hero.
(c) No one understands him at home
(d) He is glad to out of that hell hole.
14. What does Snake believe about his time in Vietnam?
(a) Vietnam is his hell on earth.
(b) Nothing he could ever do in life would equal his time served in Vietnam.
(c) Snake believes he lost his innocence in Vietnam.
(d) Snake believes it was a waste of part of his life.
15. As Snake sees the mountains in the distance, what does he think about himself?
(a) He is lost to the world.
(b) He is a master of a violent world.
(c) He will never fit into this world.
(d) He is alone in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Goodrich told about the killing of the Vietnamese man and woman?
2. How do people react to Hitoshi when he is out in public?
3. Where does Mitsuko take Hitoshi to help him understand his past?
4. What does Senator tell a group of people gathered for an anti-war rally?
5. What is announced at the platoon formation?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)