|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goodrich see hanging from a helicopter that is passing above him?
(a) A net with Vietcong prisoners
(b) A net with more ammunition
(c) A net with extra food rations
(d) A net with four living men and four dead men hanging from it
2. Who is Hodges surprised to see get off the supply chopper?
(b) A Major General
(d) First Lieutenant Kersey
3. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
(a) They took his livestock and rice paddies.
(b) They burned his home.
(c) They took his family, his land, and his life.
(d) They killed his parents.
4. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
(a) The Sergeant slaps him in the face.
(b) The Sergeant agrees with him.
(c) The Sergeant sympathizes with him.
(d) The Sergeant beats him.
5. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
6. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
(a) He smashes everything in his tent.
(b) He screams loudly into the night.
(c) He plays the guitar and sings every anti-war song he can think of.
(d) He cries on Hodges' shoulder.
7. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(b) His sister
8. What does Snake's mother wonder as she looks at Ronnie's Boot Camp picture?
(a) She wonders what Snake's last words were.
(b) She wonders if Snake suffered.
(c) She wonders when his medal will come.
(d) She wonders why he was taken from her.
9. What prevents Snake's two teams from advancing to help Senator's team?
(a) The enemy uses flame throwers to drive the teams back.
(b) The enemy fires tear gas crystals at them.
(c) The enemy fires a machine gun at the teams.
(d) The enemy throws a barrage of grenades at them.
10. What is the result of Goodrich's sworn statement about the murders of the man and woman that he turned over to Regimental Legal Officer?
(a) Snake is denied his Medal of Honor.
(b) The case is dropped.
(c) Snake is cleared of charges.
(d) The case is ongoing.
11. Why is Jones sent back to the World?
(b) An abdominal wound
(c) A leg wound
12. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
(a) He tells Goodrich the enemy is using them as bait.
(b) The enemy is afraid of an air assault.
(c) The enemy is out of ammunition.
(d) The enemy is afraid of Snake's men.
13. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) They are very much alike.
(c) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(d) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
14. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
(a) A shot through the shoulder
(b) His leg is gone.
(c) His arm is gone.
(d) A stomach shot
15. What protects Cat Man's and Cannonball's teams as they make their way to the cemetery?
(a) Chest-high hills
(c) Large boulders
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
2. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
3. What does Senator believe Snake would have thought about his speech?
4. Why does Mitsuko refuse Hodges' marriage proposal?
5. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)