|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hodges as he hears a puff to his left?
(a) He is shot in the neck.
(b) He is shot in the shoulder.
(c) He is shot in the face.
(d) He is shot in the leg.
2. As Snake sees the mountains in the distance, what does he think about himself?
(a) He is alone in the world.
(b) He is lost to the world.
(c) He is a master of a violent world.
(d) He will never fit into this world.
3. How do people react to Hitoshi when he is out in public?
(a) They offer him gifts.
(b) They bow to him.
(c) They stare at him and tease him.
(d) They honor him because he is half American.
4. How does Cat Man feel as the helicopter flies away?
(a) He feels like a wild animal.
(b) He feels like an abandoned child.
(c) He feels like a walking dead man.
(d) He feels like a killing machine.
5. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(b) His sister
6. Why doesn't Dan agree with Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) He believes they should surrender.
(b) He believes they should attack in the opposite direction.
(c) He believes they should form a truce.
(d) He believes there are enough problems right where they are.
7. How does Goodrich feel after his tirade about Hodges?
(a) He feels better than he has in a long time.
(b) He is proud of himself.
(c) He is embarrassed and silent.
(d) He feels consoled.
8. What is the reaction of Mitsuko's mother at Hodges' marriage proposal?
(a) She says that she will think about it.
(b) She approves.
(c) She says that she will never agree.
(d) She says that they should get married that very day.
9. How do Mitsuko and Hodges spend the day before he leaves for active duty?
(a) They spend the day walking and talking.
(b) They spend the day in bed.
(c) They tour Okinawa.
(d) They spend the day arguing.
10. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 32 investigation
(b) An article 38 investigation
(c) An article 27 investigation
(d) An article 75 investigation
11. What does Hodges think about his situation as the enemy begins bombing?
(a) He thinks that he was bred to be a warrior.
(b) He thinks that he was meant to be a peace keeper.
(c) He thinks that he was never meant to be in this war.
(d) He thinks that he was meant to be a chaplain.
12. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) They are very much alike.
(b) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
(c) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(d) They have nothing in common.
13. What is Goodrich's view of bush justice?
(a) He feels that it is just the way of war.
(b) He doesn't like it but he will participate.
(c) He believes they have no right to play God.
(d) He feels that they are justified in killing the Vietnamese.
14. What is Hodges' reaction to Goodrich's insults?
(a) He is silently livid.
(b) He is not bothered by it.
(c) He is angry and ready for a fight.
(d) He is amused.
15. What protects Cat Man's and Cannonball's teams as they make their way to the cemetery?
(c) Chest-high hills
(d) Large boulders
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Snake send Goodrich's team to investigate along the tree line?
2. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
3. What is the duty the men are leaving for when they climb into the truck?
4. What does Hodges' seven year old son believe his father did?
5. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)