|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kersey's reply when Hodges asks him if there is somewhere his men can hold up until the fighting starts?
(a) Kersey tells Hodges that he is not running a hotel.
(b) Kersey sends them to the mess hall.
(c) Kersey invites the men to stay with him.
(d) Kersey shows Hodges where a dry tent is located.
2. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
(a) He cries on Hodges' shoulder.
(b) He plays the guitar and sings every anti-war song he can think of.
(c) He screams loudly into the night.
(d) He smashes everything in his tent.
3. What is the result of Goodrich's sworn statement about the murders of the man and woman that he turned over to Regimental Legal Officer?
(a) The case is ongoing.
(b) Snake is cleared of charges.
(c) The case is dropped.
(d) Snake is denied his Medal of Honor.
4. What happens to Hodges as the helicopters arrive to carry the wounded to safety?
(a) He is shot in the foot.
(b) He is wounded in the thigh.
(c) He loses consciousness.
(d) Hot metal rips through his side.
5. What does the enemy use as a distraction from the ambush?
(a) A little girl waving at Senator and New Mac
(b) A grenade thrown nearby
(c) An unarmed man marches toward Senator and New Mac.
(d) An old woman whimpering in the bushes
6. What advice does Goodrich give to his friend Mark who arrives from Canada after evading the draft?
(a) He tells Mark to stay in Canada.
(b) He tells Mark to live with the underground.
(c) He tells Mark he should surrender.
(d) He tells Mark to change his name.
7. Who is Hodges surprised to see get off the supply chopper?
(c) A Major General
(d) First Lieutenant Kersey
8. What does Snake do after he gives the news to Bugs?
(a) He leaves, regretting his decision immediately.
(b) He climbs onto the roof of a sandbag bunker and looks across the fields.
(c) He jogs through the camp.
(d) He goes for a walk around the perimeter.
9. What is Senator thinking as he searches the tree line?
(a) He thinks it is a waste of time.
(b) He thinks about returning to Harvard.
(c) He hopes he gets wounded.
(d) He fears that hundreds of the enemy are waiting to kill them.
10. What offer does the Major make to Hodges?
(a) He offers Hodges a rank promotion.
(b) He offers Hodges a position in Okinawa.
(c) He offers Hodges a collectible rifle.
(d) He offers Hodges an honorable discharge.
11. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
(a) He tells his men to move to the paddy.
(b) He pushes Kersey to the ground.
(c) Snake won't move the men until he hears it from the Lieutenant.
(d) He defies the order outright.
12. What does the letter that Bagger takes off a dead enemy soldier reveal?
(a) The dead man has five children and is asking to be relieved of his war duties.
(b) The dead man asks his sweetheart to marry him.
(c) It is a letter to his children.
(d) It is a letter to his mother.
13. How does Snake make it over to Goodrich?
(a) He runs and fires his rifle at the same time.
(b) He walks to Goodrich, oblivious to enemy fire.
(c) He makes a running dive for the mound where Goodrich is hiding.
(d) He crawls slowly to Goodrich.
14. What happens to Dan's column when they enter Laos?
(a) They are shelled for a full day.
(b) They are greeted by friendly civilians.
(c) Children offer them food.
(d) They are invited to stay in the village.
15. What is announced at the platoon formation?
(a) The various medals the men will be receiving.
(b) The deployment of the men
(c) The discharge of many of the men
(d) The nicknames of the new men
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
2. Why is Jones sent back to the World?
3. Where do Hodges' men take position?
4. What is the reaction of Mitsuko's mother at Hodges' marriage proposal?
5. What is Goodrich's view of bush justice?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)