|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goodrich do after a few months back home?
(a) He returns to Harvard.
(b) He gets a job at a gas station.
(c) He goes to visit friends across country.
(d) He gets a job in a hospital.
2. How does Snake make it over to Goodrich?
(a) He runs and fires his rifle at the same time.
(b) He crawls slowly to Goodrich.
(c) He walks to Goodrich, oblivious to enemy fire.
(d) He makes a running dive for the mound where Goodrich is hiding.
3. What does Senator tell a group of people gathered for an anti-war rally?
(a) He tells them that he would do it all over again.
(b) He tells them that they should be ashamed.
(c) He tells them that he wishes he could apologize to all the people he killed.
(d) He tells them that if he could, he would kill the little girl who caused him to lose his leg.
4. What is Snake's reply to Kersey's order to move the men?
(a) He pushes Kersey to the ground.
(b) Snake won't move the men until he hears it from the Lieutenant.
(c) He tells his men to move to the paddy.
(d) He defies the order outright.
5. What is announced at the platoon formation?
(a) The deployment of the men
(b) The various medals the men will be receiving.
(c) The nicknames of the new men
(d) The discharge of many of the men
6. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(b) They are very much alike.
(c) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
(d) They have nothing in common.
7. What does Snake do after he gives the news to Bugs?
(a) He leaves, regretting his decision immediately.
(b) He jogs through the camp.
(c) He goes for a walk around the perimeter.
(d) He climbs onto the roof of a sandbag bunker and looks across the fields.
8. What is the reaction of Mitsuko's mother at Hodges' marriage proposal?
(a) She says that they should get married that very day.
(b) She approves.
(c) She says that she will think about it.
(d) She says that she will never agree.
9. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 27 investigation
(b) An article 32 investigation
(c) An article 75 investigation
(d) An article 38 investigation
10. What is the condition of Snake's mother's home?
(a) Her home is quaint and warm.
(b) Her home is small but comfortable.
(c) Her home is in a clean apartment building.
(d) Her home is a fetid, cold rowhouse.
11. Where does Sergeant Sadler expect the enemy to attack?
(b) An Hoa
12. What offer does the Major make to Hodges?
(a) He offers Hodges a position in Okinawa.
(b) He offers Hodges a rank promotion.
(c) He offers Hodges a collectible rifle.
(d) He offers Hodges an honorable discharge.
13. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
(a) They took his livestock and rice paddies.
(b) They killed his parents.
(c) They burned his home.
(d) They took his family, his land, and his life.
14. What does the enemy use as a distraction from the ambush?
(a) A little girl waving at Senator and New Mac
(b) An unarmed man marches toward Senator and New Mac.
(c) A grenade thrown nearby
(d) An old woman whimpering in the bushes
15. What is the purpose of Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) Attacking Laos
(b) Attacking Hanoi
(c) Attacking NVA bunkers
(d) Attacking Da Nang
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
2. What is in the letter that Snake's Captain sends to his mother?
3. Why is Jones sent back to the World?
4. What is Senator thinking as he searches the tree line?
5. What saves Senator from being riddled with bullets?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)