|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mitsuko take Hitoshi to help him understand his past?
(a) She takes him to see Hodges' monument.
(b) She takes him to visit Hodges' family in America.
(c) She takes him to visit Hodges' company commander.
(d) She takes him to the Marine post for more information.
2. Who does Goodrich tell about the scene when his platoon found Baby Cakes and Ogre?
(a) The Commanding Officer
(b) The Regimental Legal Officer
(c) The Four Star General
(d) The Sergeant Major
3. What is the reaction of Mitsuko's mother at Hodges' marriage proposal?
(a) She says that she will think about it.
(b) She approves.
(c) She says that she will never agree.
(d) She says that they should get married that very day.
4. What is Kersey's reply when Hodges asks him if there is somewhere his men can hold up until the fighting starts?
(a) Kersey shows Hodges where a dry tent is located.
(b) Kersey tells Hodges that he is not running a hotel.
(c) Kersey sends them to the mess hall.
(d) Kersey invites the men to stay with him.
5. What does Hodges' seven year old son believe his father did?
(a) He believes Hodges went back to America, abandoning him and Mitsuko.
(b) He believes his father was a coward.
(c) He believes his father was a traitor.
(d) He believes his father will come back for him.
6. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
(a) Tell them about home
(b) Tell them what is going on in the jungle
(c) Who else he saw at the hospital
(d) Show them his scars
7. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(a) His sister
8. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
(a) They have no weapons until they reach their destination.
(b) They are travelling light.
(c) They are carrying only their rifles.
(d) They are fully burdened with guns and ammunition.
9. How long does Snake have left to serve in Vietnam?
(a) Fourteen days
(b) Forty-seven days
(c) Twenty-one days
(d) Thirty days
10. What does Hodges notice in his friend's eyes?
(b) Innocence and curiousity
11. What does Senator believe Snake would have thought about his speech?
(a) He thinks Snake would have spit at him.
(b) He thinks Snake would have been proud of him.
(c) He thinks Snake would have shaken his head in disgust.
(d) He thinks Snake would have beaten him for it.
12. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
(a) He throws water in Senator's face and gives him Morphine.
(b) He throws water in Senator's face and puts pressure on the wound.
(c) He gives Senator Morphine and covers the wound.
(d) He places Senator's upside down.
13. How does Cat Man feel as the helicopter flies away?
(a) He feels like an abandoned child.
(b) He feels like a wild animal.
(c) He feels like a walking dead man.
(d) He feels like a killing machine.
14. What does Goodrich see hanging from a helicopter that is passing above him?
(a) A net with Vietcong prisoners
(b) A net with extra food rations
(c) A net with more ammunition
(d) A net with four living men and four dead men hanging from it
15. Why does Snake think the enemy won't kill them?
(a) He tells Goodrich the enemy is using them as bait.
(b) The enemy is out of ammunition.
(c) The enemy is afraid of an air assault.
(d) The enemy is afraid of Snake's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goodrich's father turn Mark in to the police?
2. What does Hodges think about his situation as the enemy begins bombing?
3. What is in the letter that Snake's Captain sends to his mother?
4. What does the letter that Bagger takes off a dead enemy soldier reveal?
5. What do Dan's and his men do after being overrun by the NVC?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)