|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
2. What does Senator believe Snake would have thought about his speech?
(a) He thinks Snake would have spit at him.
(b) He thinks Snake would have been proud of him.
(c) He thinks Snake would have beaten him for it.
(d) He thinks Snake would have shaken his head in disgust.
3. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
(a) She says that Hodges never should have been in Vietnam.
(b) She tells the boy that Hodges was a coward in Vietnam.
(c) She explains that Hodges was a warrior in Vietnam.
(d) She says that Hodges made bad decisions in Vietnam.
4. Why does Snake send Goodrich's team to investigate along the tree line?
(a) Look for snipers
(b) Check for booby traps
(c) See if any civilians are in the area
(d) Three gooks were spotted there
5. Why doesn't Dan agree with Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) He believes they should surrender.
(b) He believes there are enough problems right where they are.
(c) He believes they should form a truce.
(d) He believes they should attack in the opposite direction.
6. What prevents Snake's two teams from advancing to help Senator's team?
(a) The enemy fires tear gas crystals at them.
(b) The enemy fires a machine gun at the teams.
(c) The enemy throws a barrage of grenades at them.
(d) The enemy uses flame throwers to drive the teams back.
7. What is announced at the platoon formation?
(a) The discharge of many of the men
(b) The deployment of the men
(c) The nicknames of the new men
(d) The various medals the men will be receiving.
8. What does a Vietnamese boy offer to sell to the soldiers as they work?
(c) His sister
9. What is in the letter that Snake's Captain sends to his mother?
(a) The Captain says that Snake always talked about his mother.
(b) The Captain says that Snake missed his home
(c) The Captain says that Snake was buried in the bush.
(d) The Captain says that he is recommending Snake for the Medal of Honor.
10. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
(a) His arm is gone.
(b) His leg is gone.
(c) A shot through the shoulder
(d) A stomach shot
11. How do people react to Hitoshi when he is out in public?
(a) They stare at him and tease him.
(b) They bow to him.
(c) They honor him because he is half American.
(d) They offer him gifts.
12. How does Goodrich feel after his tirade about Hodges?
(a) He is proud of himself.
(b) He feels consoled.
(c) He is embarrassed and silent.
(d) He feels better than he has in a long time.
13. What is the reaction of Mitsuko's mother at Hodges' marriage proposal?
(a) She approves.
(b) She says that she will think about it.
(c) She says that she will never agree.
(d) She says that they should get married that very day.
14. How long do Hodges' men have to wait in the field before the fighting begins?
(a) Three hours
(b) Eight hours
(c) Six hours
(d) Two hours
15. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
(a) He sees the North Vietnamese Regiment surrendering.
(b) He sees reinforcements arriving.
(c) A North Vietnamese Regiment is trapped by his men.
(d) He sees American tanks headed their way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jones sent back to the World?
2. What does Snake's mother think about as she holds his letters in her hand?
3. What does Hodges think about his situation as the enemy begins bombing?
4. What is it called when helicopters drop aviation fuel into the rice seed beds?
5. What does the enemy use as a distraction from the ambush?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)