|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Snake want to follow Kersey's order to set up his men in the paddy?
(a) It is too wet in the paddy.
(b) The men are superstitious about the paddy.
(c) His men will be mercilessly exposed.
(d) There are snakes in the paddy.
2. What does Waterbull tell the troop in his letter from home?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is a home town hero.
(c) He is glad to out of that hell hole.
(d) No one understands him at home
3. What saves Senator from being riddled with bullets?
(a) He crawls behind a large tree.
(b) New Mac covers him with return fire.
(c) He falls into a crater.
(d) He crawls into an open grave.
4. What does Snake do in order to bring Senator out of shock and lessen the bleeding?
(a) He throws water in Senator's face and puts pressure on the wound.
(b) He throws water in Senator's face and gives him Morphine.
(c) He gives Senator Morphine and covers the wound.
(d) He places Senator's upside down.
5. What is Hodges so excited about as he looks through the fog?
(a) He sees American tanks headed their way.
(b) He sees the North Vietnamese Regiment surrendering.
(c) He sees reinforcements arriving.
(d) A North Vietnamese Regiment is trapped by his men.
6. How does Mitsuko think of Hodges?
(a) She thinks of him as the enemy.
(b) She thinks of him as forgettable.
(c) She thinks of him as a mistake.
(d) She thinks of him as a beautiful man.
7. What does Hodges' seven year old son believe his father did?
(a) He believes his father will come back for him.
(b) He believes his father was a coward.
(c) He believes his father was a traitor.
(d) He believes Hodges went back to America, abandoning him and Mitsuko.
8. What happens to Hodges as he hears a puff to his left?
(a) He is shot in the neck.
(b) He is shot in the shoulder.
(c) He is shot in the face.
(d) He is shot in the leg.
9. What is Mitsuko's answer when Hitoshi asks why Hodges died in Vietnam?
(a) She says that Hodges made bad decisions in Vietnam.
(b) She tells the boy that Hodges was a coward in Vietnam.
(c) She says that Hodges never should have been in Vietnam.
(d) She explains that Hodges was a warrior in Vietnam.
10. What does Hodges plan to do when he meets Mitsuko's parents?
(a) He plans to force them to give Mitsuko to him.
(b) He plans to get their blessing to marry Mitsuko.
(c) He plans to offer them a bribe for Mitsuko's hand in marriage.
(d) He plans to threaten them if they don't agree to give Mitsuko to him.
11. Why does Snake send Goodrich's team to investigate along the tree line?
(a) Three gooks were spotted there
(b) Look for snipers
(c) See if any civilians are in the area
(d) Check for booby traps
12. As Snake sees the mountains in the distance, what does he think about himself?
(a) He is alone in the world.
(b) He is lost to the world.
(c) He will never fit into this world.
(d) He is a master of a violent world.
13. What do the Marines need to do as a result of Goodrich's statement about murder?
(a) An article 38 investigation
(b) An article 27 investigation
(c) An article 75 investigation
(d) An article 32 investigation
14. What is the purpose of Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) Attacking Da Nang
(b) Attacking Laos
(c) Attacking Hanoi
(d) Attacking NVA bunkers
15. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
(a) He cries on Hodges' shoulder.
(b) He screams loudly into the night.
(c) He smashes everything in his tent.
(d) He plays the guitar and sings every anti-war song he can think of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
2. Why is Hodges irritated with the way his friend describes the deaths of certain Marines?
3. What is the condition of Snake's mother's home?
4. How many dead men does his friend tell Hodges about?
5. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)