|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking news does Snake reveal to Bugs?
(a) Snake is going to extend his stay in Vietnam.
(b) Snake is sick and dying.
(c) Snake is getting a dishonorable discharge.
(d) Snake is planning on going AWOL.
2. How does Snake make it over to Goodrich?
(a) He crawls slowly to Goodrich.
(b) He runs and fires his rifle at the same time.
(c) He makes a running dive for the mound where Goodrich is hiding.
(d) He walks to Goodrich, oblivious to enemy fire.
3. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) They are very much alike.
(c) His friend will lose his mind in the war.
(d) His friend will never make it out of Vietnam.
4. How long does Snake have left to serve in Vietnam?
(a) Forty-seven days
(b) Thirty days
(c) Twenty-one days
(d) Fourteen days
5. What does Waterbull tell the troop in his letter from home?
(a) He is glad to out of that hell hole.
(b) He is a home town hero.
(c) No one understands him at home
(d) He is getting married.
6. What is the condition of Snake's mother's home?
(a) Her home is in a clean apartment building.
(b) Her home is a fetid, cold rowhouse.
(c) Her home is small but comfortable.
(d) Her home is quaint and warm.
7. What offer does the Major make to Hodges?
(a) He offers Hodges a rank promotion.
(b) He offers Hodges a collectible rifle.
(c) He offers Hodges an honorable discharge.
(d) He offers Hodges a position in Okinawa.
8. Who is guiding the remnants of the platoon in the cemetery?
9. What type of terrain is the Arizona shore the Marines climb onto from the chest high river?
(a) The shore is full of craters and shattered trees.
(b) The shore is all flatland.
(c) The shore is mud and sand.
(d) The shore is mountainous.
10. Where has Hodges been recovering from his wounds?
(a) A Japanese hospital
(b) Back in the States
(c) A Vietnamese hospital
(d) A Chinese hospital
11. Why doesn't Dan agree with Operation Lam Son 719?
(a) He believes they should surrender.
(b) He believes there are enough problems right where they are.
(c) He believes they should attack in the opposite direction.
(d) He believes they should form a truce.
12. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
(a) The Sergeant beats him.
(b) The Sergeant slaps him in the face.
(c) The Sergeant agrees with him.
(d) The Sergeant sympathizes with him.
13. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
(a) Returning to the jungle
(b) The large number of the enemy they have killed
(c) Four days off in An Hoa
(d) Four days off in Hanoi
14. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
(a) He will be discharged.
(b) He will be sent back to the World.
(c) He will be stationed outside of Vietnam.
(d) He will be removed from his company.
15. Where does Sergeant Sadler expect the enemy to attack?
(c) An Hoa
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plan the Colonel tells the officers at the Regimental Command Center?
2. What wound does Goodrich sustain?
3. Why is Bagger so annoyed with the truck driver?
4. Why can Dan never forgive the VC?
5. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)