Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
(a) He cries on Hodges' shoulder.
(b) He screams loudly into the night.
(c) He smashes everything in his tent.
(d) He plays the guitar and sings every anti-war song he can think of.
2. What is announced at the platoon formation?
(a) The deployment of the men
(b) The discharge of many of the men
(c) The various medals the men will be receiving.
(d) The nicknames of the new men
3. What is Goodrich offered after he writes a report about the killing of the man and woman?
(a) He will be stationed outside of Vietnam.
(b) He will be removed from his company.
(c) He will be discharged.
(d) He will be sent back to the World.
4. What is one of the first things the men ask Hodges to do when they see him?
(a) Show them his scars
(b) Tell them what is going on in the jungle
(c) Who else he saw at the hospital
(d) Tell them about home
5. What does Hodges read into the look that Kersey gives him about the attack on the OP?
(a) I'm afraid.
(b) It's your war, not mine.
(c) I'm willing to help.
(d) I'm sorry.
6. What is it called when helicopters drop aviation fuel into the rice seed beds?
(a) Operation Rice Denial
(b) Operation Enemy Denial
(c) Operation Rice Wipe Out
(d) Operation Dead Seed
7. What is the Sergeant's reaction to Dan's opinion of the operation?
(a) The Sergeant beats him.
(b) The Sergeant sympathizes with him.
(c) The Sergeant agrees with him.
(d) The Sergeant slaps him in the face.
8. What is Hodges' reaction to Goodrich's insults?
(a) He is silently livid.
(b) He is not bothered by it.
(c) He is angry and ready for a fight.
(d) He is amused.
9. What advice does Goodrich give to his friend Mark who arrives from Canada after evading the draft?
(a) He tells Mark to live with the underground.
(b) He tells Mark he should surrender.
(c) He tells Mark to stay in Canada.
(d) He tells Mark to change his name.
10. What becomes of Snake as he carries Goodrich toward Hodges?
(a) He steps on a land mine.
(b) He is shot with machine gun fire.
(c) He is blasted with a grenade.
(d) He is accidentally shot by his own men.
11. Why does Goodrich's father turn Mark in to the police?
(a) He believes Mark turned his back on his country.
(b) He is angry that his own son had to fight and not Mark.
(c) He doesn't want Mark to influence Goodrich.
(d) He never liked Mark.
12. What are the men wearing as they gather in the road to get in the convoy headed for battle?
(a) They are travelling light.
(b) They are fully burdened with guns and ammunition.
(c) They are carrying only their rifles.
(d) They have no weapons until they reach their destination.
13. What does Senator tell a group of people gathered for an anti-war rally?
(a) He tells them that they should be ashamed.
(b) He tells them that he would do it all over again.
(c) He tells them that if he could, he would kill the little girl who caused him to lose his leg.
(d) He tells them that he wishes he could apologize to all the people he killed.
14. How does Goodrich feel after his tirade about Hodges?
(a) He is embarrassed and silent.
(b) He feels better than he has in a long time.
(c) He feels consoled.
(d) He is proud of himself.
15. Why doesn't Snake want to follow Kersey's order to set up his men in the paddy?
(a) There are snakes in the paddy.
(b) His men will be mercilessly exposed.
(c) The men are superstitious about the paddy.
(d) It is too wet in the paddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hodges' reaction to his friend after talking to him for awhile?
2. What does Hodges plan to do when he meets Mitsuko's parents?
3. What does Waterbull tell the troop in his letter from home?
4. How do Mitsuko and Hodges spend the day before he leaves for active duty?
5. What does Goodrich see hanging from a helicopter that is passing above him?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)