|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Cannonball's mother is known as back home?
(a) Drunk Lady Washington
(b) Junk Lady Washington
(c) Crazy Lady Washington
(d) Fat Lady Washington
2. Who is hit as Snake's company has point patrol in Go Noi?
(a) Doc and Bagger
(b) Snake and Wild Man
(c) Bagger and Chuck
(d) Wild Man and Bagger
3. What is the extent of Vitelli's injuries?
(a) He has a lethal shot to the chest.
(b) He is shot in the foot.
(c) He has shrapnel in the abdomen.
(d) He is shot in the neck.
4. What does Bagger do before he leaves for war?
(a) He has a party with his buddies.
(b) He spends the night with his parents.
(c) He spends the night alone, regretting his decision.
(d) He marries his pregnant girlfriend.
5. What is the worst enemy abuse that Goodrich remembers seeing?
(a) A Vietnamese soldier is shot in the knee and thrown in the water.
(b) Food is taken away from a Vietnamese woman and child
(c) Two Vietnamese soldiers, scorched from head to foot and blinded, come to the camp to surrender.
(d) Two Vietnamese soldiers thrown into a pit of bodies
6. Chapter 24
Where is Cat Man's native home?
(a) Puerto Rico
7. When Dan surrenders to the Marines, what position do they offer him?
(a) Truck driver
(b) Machine gunner
(c) Kit Carson Scout
8. What does Snake's mother find so frustrating about her son?
(a) He never comes home.
(b) He is a college graduate with no job.
(c) He dropped out of college.
(d) He is a high school dropout, fights all the time, and carries hatred in his heart.
9. Chapter 18
How much more time does Gilliland have to serve in the military?
(a) Three months
(b) Three weeks
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two months
10. What does Cannonball do to get out on the Medevac?
(a) He cuts off his thumb.
(b) He frags himself in the buttocks.
(c) He shoots himself in the leg.
(d) He eats rotten food.
11. What is the Marine recruiter's reaction to Bagger and his teammates?
(a) He is in euphoria.
(b) He turns everyone but Bagger away.
(c) He tries to talk them out of enlisting.
(d) He gives them warnings about what they will encounter.
12. Why doesn't Hodges want to give food to the woman who asks for food for her child?
(a) Hodges hates everyone in Vietnam.
(b) Hodges says that it will go to the VC.
(c) Hodges says that the hungry child is better off dead.
(d) Hodges says that there isn't enough food to go around.
13. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
(a) Senator, Snake, and Flaky
(b) Senator, Bagger, and Ottenburger
(c) Senator, Cat Man, and Flaky
(d) Snake, Cat Man, and Flaky
14. What is Hodges thinking when he sees that Flaky has been shot?
(a) He is sorry for not being a better friend to Flaky.
(b) He is glad it is Flaky that is shot and not someone else.
(c) He wishes someone else had been shot and not Flaky.
(d) He will be more attentive to Flaky from now on.
15. Chapter 23
What does Hodges remember about the North Vietnamese when he sees Cat Man near a banana tree?
(a) He remembers that the North Vietnamese lay under the banana trees for shade.
(b) He remembers that the North Vietnamese sleep in the banana trees.
(c) He remembers that the North Vietnamese never eat bananas.
(d) He remembers that the North Vietnamese are superstitious about banana trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cat Man get his nickname?
2. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
3. What does Cat Man do after he quits school at sixteen?
4. What do four hippies sitting outside a restaurant call Gilliland?
5. Chapter 7 Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)