|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goodrich decide to be in Bagger's team?
(a) Goodrich doesn't get along with anyone on his own team.
(b) Goodrich wants to harass Bagger.
(c) Goodrich feels he and Bagger are alike.
(d) Goodrich is going to make Bagger toughen up.
2. Why doesn't Hodges want to give food to the woman who asks for food for her child?
(a) Hodges says that it will go to the VC.
(b) Hodges says that the hungry child is better off dead.
(c) Hodges says that there isn't enough food to go around.
(d) Hodges hates everyone in Vietnam.
3. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
(a) Some extra money for travelling home
(b) A letter of recommendation
(c) A medal to bring home to his wife
(d) A grenade to kill himself with
4. What happens to Austin as he dives to the ground to check on the bunkers?
(a) Austin's foot is blown off.
(b) Phony launches a grenade near Austin.
(c) Austin is hit by enemy fire.
(d) Austin breaks his arm in the fall.
5. What is Hodges thinking as he watches his men dying in Arizona Valley?
(a) He has to figure out a way home.
(b) He will design a plan to go AWOL.
(c) He will ask to be reassigned.
(d) He will be in Arizona Valley the next day.
6. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
(a) Be a medic
(b) Play in the Marine Band
(c) Be an infantryman
(d) Work on jets
7. What do the Marines do with the bodies of Baby Cakes and Ogre?
(a) They bury them.
(b) They carry them back to camp on stretchers.
(c) They leave them behind.
(d) They say a prayer over the bodies.
8. Chapter 21
What is Snake's reaction at seeing Ogre and Baby Cakes again?
(a) He is annoyed.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is elated.
9. Chapter 5
What does Major Otto have on his arm that he received during his first tour of duty?
(a) A tattoo of his girl friend
(b) A Semper Fi tattoo
(c) A six inch, purple trough from a bone- shattering machine- gun bullet
(d) A tattoo of his mother
10. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
(a) He is slightly injured as he lies on his cot.
(b) The severed hand of a soldier lands near him when a bomb goes off fifty feet from his cot.
(c) He doesn't like being in the jungle.
(d) He is not assigned to the unit he wanted.
11. Chapter 10
What is available to the men at Liberty Bridge?
(a) No fresh water, little food, and trenches for sleeping
(b) Trenches to sleep in and danger of ambushes
(c) Hot food, minimal danger, daily baths, tents, cots, and toilets
(d) Dangerous enemy patrols and a shortage of food
12. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
(a) Snake likes to argue with Austin about everything.
(b) Snake's men will not be able to get back over the wire if attacked.
(c) Almost all of Snake's men are injured and need to recover.
(d) Snake's men just had duty and are tired.
13. Chapter 4
What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
(a) His arm is broken.
(b) His leg is bleeding badly.
(c) He is shot in the shoulder.
(d) He is grazed across his temple.
14. Chapter 2
What is the reason that Bobby Hodges enlists in the armed forces?
(a) He is trying to escape a petty crime.
(b) He doesn't know what else to do with his life.
(c) He is carrying on the family tradition of fighting for his country.
(d) His mother convinces him to go.
15. How do the Marines refer to Go Noi?
(a) They refer to it as the Mile Wide Killer Fields.
(b) They refer to it as Snake Ground.
(c) They refer to it as the Mile Wide Death Fields.
(d) They refer to it as the Elephant Grassland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cannonball need to help digest all the changes taking place in the black community?
2. What news does the patrol read about in a newspaper from home?
3. Chapter 18 How much more time does Gilliland have to serve in the military?
4. Chapter 24 Where is Cat Man's native home?
5. What is the worst enemy abuse that Goodrich remembers seeing?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)