|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
(b) North Carolina
2. Before Snake enlists in the Marines, what type of tattoo does he get?
(a) An evil clown
(b) A tattoo that says, MOM
(c) A skull encircled with two snakes that reads "Death before Dishonor"
(d) An eagle and an American flag
3. What effect does the Army have on Cannonball's brother?
(a) The Army gives him confidence.
(b) The Army makes a new man of him.
(c) The Army destroys him.
(d) The Army makes him proud to be black.
4. What is Hodges thinking when he sees that Flaky has been shot?
(a) He is glad it is Flaky that is shot and not someone else.
(b) He wishes someone else had been shot and not Flaky.
(c) He will be more attentive to Flaky from now on.
(d) He is sorry for not being a better friend to Flaky.
5. Chapter 22
How many of Bagger's football team joined the Marines at the same time?
6. What does Bagger realize after he goes home to his wife and child for some R&R?
(a) He wishes he could stay home.
(b) He feels more comfortable in the bush.
(c) He wants to spend every minute with his child.
(d) He wishes he never joined the Marines.
7. What does Roland decide to do when he receives his draft notice?
(a) Join the Navy
(b) Join the Army
(c) Join the Marines
(d) Go to Canada
8. What do four hippies sitting outside a restaurant call Gilliland?
(a) Baby Killer
(b) Killing Machine
(d) War Monger
9. What happens as Waterbull sits under his hooch looking at a picture?
(a) A grenade is thrown into his hooch.
(b) He is attacked by the enemy and shot three times.
(c) He is bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) He starts to cry as he thinks of home.
10. Which member of Snake's platoon loses his leg?
(a) Baby Cakes
11. What is the plan Senator devises to make him sick enough to go for treatment to the Battalion Aid Station?
(a) He plans to break his finger.
(b) He hopes to get an infection from rubbing jam into his gook sores.
(c) He eats rotten food hoping to get food poisoning.
(d) He decides to shoot off a toe.
12. Where do Snake and Hodges plan to ambush next?
(a) Arizona Valley
(b) Da Nang
(c) Nam An Two
(d) Phu Phong
13. Chapter 6
Why is Hodges envious of the men he meets in the bush?
(a) They are leaving for home in one week.
(b) They have never faced the enemy in battle.
(c) They faced the enemy and prevailed.
(d) They have plenty of food and water.
14. Chapter 8
How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
(a) He cuts off his finger.
(b) He is given a psychological deferment.
(c) He goes to Canada.
(d) He shoots himself in the foot.
15. What does Austin rip off Phony's back?
(a) Phony's backpack
(b) Phony's rifle
(c) Phony's bed roll
(d) Phony's shirt with a peace sign on it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
2. What do the Marines do with the bodies of Baby Cakes and Ogre?
3. How many of the four men on first watch at LP duty survive the night?
4. What does Snake's mother find so frustrating about her son?
5. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)