|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the four men on first watch at LP duty survive the night?
(a) All four
2. What does Bagger do when he hears the song, These Eyes?
(a) He sings along, even in battle.
(b) He gets up and dances with an invisible partner.
(c) He starts crying.
(d) He looks at pictures of his wife and son.
3. Why are the villagers told they have to keep walking even after Hodges says that he will transport them to the resettlement village in a Medevac?
(a) The resettlement village is supposedly full.
(b) The villagers refuse the transport.
(c) He can't be bothered and changes his mind.
(d) He is refused transport.
4. What does Roland learn after he is in the military?
(a) The black men in the military are hate machines.
(b) Buddies protect buddies in the military.
(c) There is no white or black in the military.
(d) Everyone is on equal standing in the military.
5. When Dan surrenders to the Marines, what position do they offer him?
(a) Truck driver
(c) Kit Carson Scout
(d) Machine gunner
6. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
(a) Be an infantryman
(b) Be a medic
(c) Work on jets
(d) Play in the Marine Band
7. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
(b) North Carolina
8. Why doesn't Baby Cakes want Ogre with him?
(a) Ogre has annoying habits.
(b) Ogre can't be trusted.
(c) Ogre never shuts up.
(d) Ogre almost got him shot earlier.
9. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
(a) Snake's men just had duty and are tired.
(b) Snake's men will not be able to get back over the wire if attacked.
(c) Snake likes to argue with Austin about everything.
(d) Almost all of Snake's men are injured and need to recover.
10. What is the worst enemy abuse that Goodrich remembers seeing?
(a) A Vietnamese soldier is shot in the knee and thrown in the water.
(b) Food is taken away from a Vietnamese woman and child
(c) Two Vietnamese soldiers, scorched from head to foot and blinded, come to the camp to surrender.
(d) Two Vietnamese soldiers thrown into a pit of bodies
11. Chapter 22
How many of Bagger's football team joined the Marines at the same time?
12. Chapter 2
What is the reason that Bobby Hodges enlists in the armed forces?
(a) He doesn't know what else to do with his life.
(b) He is carrying on the family tradition of fighting for his country.
(c) His mother convinces him to go.
(d) He is trying to escape a petty crime.
13. Chapter 9
What type of man is Angus Austin, the new Platoon Sergeant?
(a) He is humorless, dry voiced, and old for thirty one.
(b) He is friendly, mild, and child-like.
(c) He is aggressive and mean spirited.
(d) He is funny and exuberant.
14. Where do the men gather as the sun begins to fall?
(a) They gather around a campfire.
(b) They gather in a jungle hut.
(c) They gather in small clumps in four man holes.
(d) They gather in the Lieutenant's tent.
15. What is the plan Senator devises to make him sick enough to go for treatment to the Battalion Aid Station?
(a) He hopes to get an infection from rubbing jam into his gook sores.
(b) He eats rotten food hoping to get food poisoning.
(c) He decides to shoot off a toe.
(d) He plans to break his finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition are Ogre and Baby Cakes in when they are found?
2. Chapter 16 Where do black men go to talk about racism and an unjust world?
3. Chapter 11 What do Speedy, Smitty, Senator, and Burgie witness as they lie beyond the barbed wire for their LP watch?
4. Chapter 8 How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
5. Which member of Snake's platoon loses his leg?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)