|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Bobby and his father named after Robert E. Lee?
(a) They were given that name because Robert E. Lee personally thanked Bobby's ancestors for serving in the war.
(b) They were given the name because Bobby's grandfather was a history buff.
(c) They were given the name because it was tradition to name the children after a war hero.
(d) They were given the name because Bobby's grandmother was fascinated with Lee.
2. Why doesn't Baby Cakes want Ogre with him?
(a) Ogre can't be trusted.
(b) Ogre never shuts up.
(c) Ogre almost got him shot earlier.
(d) Ogre has annoying habits.
3. When Dan surrenders to the Marines, what position do they offer him?
(b) Truck driver
(c) Kit Carson Scout
(d) Machine gunner
4. Chapter 12
What kind of a childhood did Phony have?
(a) A happy childhood in a foster home
(b) A rough childhood in foster homes
(c) A happy childhood with his parents
(d) An unhappy childhood with his parents
5. What happens as Waterbull sits under his hooch looking at a picture?
(a) He is attacked by the enemy and shot three times.
(b) A grenade is thrown into his hooch.
(c) He starts to cry as he thinks of home.
(d) He is bitten by a poisonous snake.
6. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
(a) Snake, Cat Man, and Flaky
(b) Senator, Bagger, and Ottenburger
(c) Senator, Cat Man, and Flaky
(d) Senator, Snake, and Flaky
7. Chapter 18
How much more time does Gilliland have to serve in the military?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two months
(d) Three months
8. What does Snake do when he sees the new recruits?
(a) He introduces them to everyone.
(b) He gives them some hot stew.
(c) He salutes them.
(d) He gives them nicknames.
9. How is Big Mac killed?
(a) He falls in a raging river.
(b) He is shot by a sniper.
(c) He is hit by friendly fire.
(d) He sets off a booby trap.
10. Chapter 15
Why does Dan leave his family to fight in the war?
(a) He takes his fallen brother's place in the war.
(b) He needs the weekly income.
(c) He does it to protect his family.
(d) He feels it is his duty.
11. What is the Marine recruiter's reaction to Bagger and his teammates?
(a) He turns everyone but Bagger away.
(b) He is in euphoria.
(c) He gives them warnings about what they will encounter.
(d) He tries to talk them out of enlisting.
12. Who is hit as Snake's company has point patrol in Go Noi?
(a) Snake and Wild Man
(b) Doc and Bagger
(c) Wild Man and Bagger
(d) Bagger and Chuck
13. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
(a) Snake's men just had duty and are tired.
(b) Almost all of Snake's men are injured and need to recover.
(c) Snake's men will not be able to get back over the wire if attacked.
(d) Snake likes to argue with Austin about everything.
14. Chapter 16
Where do black men go to talk about racism and an unjust world?
(a) The chapel
(b) The Black Shack
(c) In the trenches
(d) The commander's tent
15. What does Snake's mother find so frustrating about her son?
(a) He is a college graduate with no job.
(b) He is a high school dropout, fights all the time, and carries hatred in his heart.
(c) He never comes home.
(d) He dropped out of college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
2. What happens to Dan's family when he sneaks away from his unit to bring his family to safety?
3. Chapter 23 What does Hodges remember about the North Vietnamese when he sees Cat Man near a banana tree?
4. What does Roland decide to do when he receives his draft notice?
5. What effect does the Army have on Cannonball's brother?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)