|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the extent of Vitelli's injuries?
(a) He has shrapnel in the abdomen.
(b) He is shot in the foot.
(c) He is shot in the neck.
(d) He has a lethal shot to the chest.
2. What happens to Dan's family when he sneaks away from his unit to bring his family to safety?
(a) His family flees into the jungle.
(b) They find safety with the Marines.
(c) His entire family is killed by gunfire.
(d) His family refuses to go with him.
3. Chapter 4
What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
(a) He is grazed across his temple.
(b) He is shot in the shoulder.
(c) His leg is bleeding badly.
(d) His arm is broken.
4. What does Cat Man do after he quits school at sixteen?
(a) He marries his high school sweetheart.
(b) He sells drugs on the street.
(c) He robs a gas station.
(d) He goes to work in the fields.
5. What takes place while Boomer and Gilliland inspect the Vietnamese soldier who is dressed like a mamasan?
(a) The disguised soldier shoots Boomer in the legs.
(b) The disguised soldier is shot by another Vietnamese soldier.
(c) A booby trap blows up and Boomer loses both his legs.
(d) The disguised soldier shoots himself.
6. What is the Reverend's view on racism?
(a) Defy the white man whenever possible.
(b) Be subservient to the white man.
(c) The human race is the only race.
(d) Blacks are better than whites.
7. Why doesn't Hodges want to give food to the woman who asks for food for her child?
(a) Hodges says that it will go to the VC.
(b) Hodges says that there isn't enough food to go around.
(c) Hodges hates everyone in Vietnam.
(d) Hodges says that the hungry child is better off dead.
8. What does Snake's mother find so frustrating about her son?
(a) He is a high school dropout, fights all the time, and carries hatred in his heart.
(b) He is a college graduate with no job.
(c) He never comes home.
(d) He dropped out of college.
9. Where do the men gather as the sun begins to fall?
(a) They gather around a campfire.
(b) They gather in a jungle hut.
(c) They gather in the Lieutenant's tent.
(d) They gather in small clumps in four man holes.
10. What do four hippies sitting outside a restaurant call Gilliland?
(a) Baby Killer
(b) Killing Machine
(d) War Monger
11. Chapter 13
What is a sign that the enemy is near?
(a) The water bulls disappear from the fields
(b) The smell of human sweat is in the air.
(c) The fields are silent.
(d) The birds begin to screech.
12. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
(a) He won't tolerate drug use.
(b) He won't tolerate cowardice.
(c) He won't tolerate vulgar language.
(d) He won't tolerate a Marine out of uniform and unshaved.
13. Chapter 7
Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
(d) The Vietnamese enemy
14. Who goes to look for Baby Cakes and Ogre when they disappear?
(a) Senator, Sadler, and Bagger
(b) Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man
(c) Cannonball and Sadler
(d) Senator, Cat Man, and Sadler
15. How many of the four men on first watch at LP duty survive the night?
(c) All four
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about Arizona Valley?
2. What is the worst enemy abuse that Goodrich remembers seeing?
3. What is the name Cannonball's mother is known as back home?
4. What does Snake do when he sees the new recruits?
5. What news does the patrol read about in a newspaper from home?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)