|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 16
Where do black men go to talk about racism and an unjust world?
(a) In the trenches
(b) The Black Shack
(c) The commander's tent
(d) The chapel
2. Chapter 7
Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
(a) The Vietnamese enemy
3. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
(b) North Carolina
4. What happens to Dan's family when he sneaks away from his unit to bring his family to safety?
(a) His family refuses to go with him.
(b) His family flees into the jungle.
(c) They find safety with the Marines.
(d) His entire family is killed by gunfire.
5. What is the name Cannonball's mother is known as back home?
(a) Crazy Lady Washington
(b) Junk Lady Washington
(c) Fat Lady Washington
(d) Drunk Lady Washington
6. What is the plan Senator devises to make him sick enough to go for treatment to the Battalion Aid Station?
(a) He hopes to get an infection from rubbing jam into his gook sores.
(b) He plans to break his finger.
(c) He decides to shoot off a toe.
(d) He eats rotten food hoping to get food poisoning.
7. Chapter 20
Where is Gilliland meeting his wife on his last day as a Marine?
(a) Pismo Beach
(b) South Carolina
(c) Quantico, VA
(d) Da Nang
8. Why does Sadler decide to dismantle the old bomb buried in the dirt?
(a) The bomb might explode and kill an American platoon.
(b) Sadler doesn't want innocent women and children near the bomb.
(c) The enemy uses old bombs for ammunition.
(d) Sadler's platoon needs extra ammunition.
9. Chapter 10
What is available to the men at Liberty Bridge?
(a) Trenches to sleep in and danger of ambushes
(b) Hot food, minimal danger, daily baths, tents, cots, and toilets
(c) No fresh water, little food, and trenches for sleeping
(d) Dangerous enemy patrols and a shortage of food
10. Why doesn't Baby Cakes want Ogre with him?
(a) Ogre never shuts up.
(b) Ogre has annoying habits.
(c) Ogre can't be trusted.
(d) Ogre almost got him shot earlier.
11. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
(a) Work on jets
(b) Be a medic
(c) Play in the Marine Band
(d) Be an infantryman
12. Chapter 11
What do Speedy, Smitty, Senator, and Burgie witness as they lie beyond the barbed wire for their LP watch?
(a) The enemy opens fire on the northern compound.
(b) A woman pulled from her hooch and killed by the enemy.
(c) The enemy runs into the jungle.
(d) A boy is killed by a grenade.
13. Why is Goodrich afraid to go to the flatlands?
(a) He is afraid of deadly insects in the tall grass.
(b) He is afraid of snakes in the elephant grass.
(c) He is afraid of anything new.
(d) He has heard stories that a man can step on an ambusher before he sees him.
14. Who is hit as Snake's company has point patrol in Go Noi?
(a) Bagger and Chuck
(b) Snake and Wild Man
(c) Wild Man and Bagger
(d) Doc and Bagger
15. How does Cat Man get his nickname?
(a) He is named Cat Man because he prowls the night silently.
(b) He is named Cat Man because he sees things that others don't notice.
(c) He is named Cat Man because his laugh sounds like a cat's meow.
(d) He is named Cat Man because he purrs after he eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 Where is Hodges processed and briefed?
2. Where do Snake and Hodges plan to ambush next?
3. Why are the villagers told they have to keep walking even after Hodges says that he will transport them to the resettlement village in a Medevac?
4. Chapter 19 What is the diagnosis given by Doc Rabbit about the young child who is carried on a stretcher by some villagers?
5. What effect does the Army have on Cannonball's brother?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)