|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3
Where is Hodges processed and briefed?
(b) An Hoa
(d) Da Nang
2. Chapter 6
Why is Hodges envious of the men he meets in the bush?
(a) They have never faced the enemy in battle.
(b) They are leaving for home in one week.
(c) They faced the enemy and prevailed.
(d) They have plenty of food and water.
3. What is the extent of Vitelli's injuries?
(a) He is shot in the neck.
(b) He has a lethal shot to the chest.
(c) He has shrapnel in the abdomen.
(d) He is shot in the foot.
4. Who goes to look for Baby Cakes and Ogre when they disappear?
(a) Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man
(b) Senator, Sadler, and Bagger
(c) Cannonball and Sadler
(d) Senator, Cat Man, and Sadler
5. What do four hippies sitting outside a restaurant call Gilliland?
(a) Baby Killer
(b) Killing Machine
(d) War Monger
6. Who denies access to Bagger when he wants to see his friend, Homicide?
(a) Rap Jones
7. What is Hodges thinking as he watches his men dying in Arizona Valley?
(a) He will design a plan to go AWOL.
(b) He has to figure out a way home.
(c) He will be in Arizona Valley the next day.
(d) He will ask to be reassigned.
8. What does Cannonball need to help digest all the changes taking place in the black community?
(a) He needs his father's strict hand.
(b) He needs the Reverend's words every Sunday.
(c) He needs his fellow brother's defiant words.
(d) He needs his mother's advice.
9. Why does Phony join the Marines?
(a) He wants to serve his country.
(b) He wants to atone for his bad decisions.
(c) He will come out of the military with a clean record.
(d) He wants to be a hero.
10. Chapter 10
What is available to the men at Liberty Bridge?
(a) No fresh water, little food, and trenches for sleeping
(b) Hot food, minimal danger, daily baths, tents, cots, and toilets
(c) Trenches to sleep in and danger of ambushes
(d) Dangerous enemy patrols and a shortage of food
11. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
(a) Snake's men just had duty and are tired.
(b) Snake's men will not be able to get back over the wire if attacked.
(c) Almost all of Snake's men are injured and need to recover.
(d) Snake likes to argue with Austin about everything.
12. Chapter 5
What does Major Otto have on his arm that he received during his first tour of duty?
(a) A Semper Fi tattoo
(b) A six inch, purple trough from a bone- shattering machine- gun bullet
(c) A tattoo of his girl friend
(d) A tattoo of his mother
13. Who gives Gilliland a ride part of the way to meet his wife?
(a) An ex-Marine
(b) An anti-war activist
(c) An old buddy
(d) A religious family
14. What does Dan give a mamasan to give to her children?
(a) Three cans of C-ration meat
(b) A wooden car he whittled
(c) A chocolate bar
(d) A can of fruit
15. What is Hodges thinking when he sees that Flaky has been shot?
(a) He will be more attentive to Flaky from now on.
(b) He wishes someone else had been shot and not Flaky.
(c) He is glad it is Flaky that is shot and not someone else.
(d) He is sorry for not being a better friend to Flaky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 24 Where is Cat Man's native home?
2. Chapter 8 How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
3. What does Austin rip off Phony's back?
4. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
5. How is Big Mac killed?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)