|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Goodrich attending college when he decides to enlist in the Marines?
(a) Suffolk University
(d) Boston University
2. Chapter 8
How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
(a) He goes to Canada.
(b) He cuts off his finger.
(c) He is given a psychological deferment.
(d) He shoots himself in the foot.
3. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
(a) He is not assigned to the unit he wanted.
(b) He is slightly injured as he lies on his cot.
(c) He doesn't like being in the jungle.
(d) The severed hand of a soldier lands near him when a bomb goes off fifty feet from his cot.
4. What condition are Ogre and Baby Cakes in when they are found?
(a) They were stabbed.
(b) They were beaten to death.
(c) They were both shot in the forehead.
(d) They were hanged from a tree.
5. Why doesn't Baby Cakes want Ogre with him?
(a) Ogre has annoying habits.
(b) Ogre can't be trusted.
(c) Ogre almost got him shot earlier.
(d) Ogre never shuts up.
6. Why are the villagers told they have to keep walking even after Hodges says that he will transport them to the resettlement village in a Medevac?
(a) He can't be bothered and changes his mind.
(b) The resettlement village is supposedly full.
(c) The villagers refuse the transport.
(d) He is refused transport.
7. Who goes to look for Baby Cakes and Ogre when they disappear?
(a) Senator, Cat Man, and Sadler
(b) Snake, Cannonball, Senator, Bagger, and Cat Man
(c) Senator, Sadler, and Bagger
(d) Cannonball and Sadler
8. Why is Goodrich afraid to go to the flatlands?
(a) He has heard stories that a man can step on an ambusher before he sees him.
(b) He is afraid of snakes in the elephant grass.
(c) He is afraid of deadly insects in the tall grass.
(d) He is afraid of anything new.
9. Chapter 14
What is Gilliland looking forward to after his ten years of military service?
(a) Joining the police force
(b) Travelling across the USA
(c) Working as a private detective
(d) Rest and relaxation
10. What does Cat Man believe he is meant to do?
(a) Go back to school
(b) Move back to his native country
(c) Join the Marines
(d) Live a life of crime
11. Chapter 19
What is the diagnosis given by Doc Rabbit about the young child who is carried on a stretcher by some villagers?
(a) He will recover fully.
(b) He is sure to die.
(c) He will be a vegetable for the rest of his life.
(d) He will be blinded from his head wound.
12. What effect does the Army have on Cannonball's brother?
(a) The Army gives him confidence.
(b) The Army destroys him.
(c) The Army makes him proud to be black.
(d) The Army makes a new man of him.
13. What is Cannonball's reaction to Homicide's comments about fighting a white man's war?
(a) Cannonball feels betrayed.
(b) Cannonball agrees.
(c) Cannonball attacks his friend.
(d) Cannonball becomes furious.
14. Why does Sadler decide to dismantle the old bomb buried in the dirt?
(a) The enemy uses old bombs for ammunition.
(b) The bomb might explode and kill an American platoon.
(c) Sadler's platoon needs extra ammunition.
(d) Sadler doesn't want innocent women and children near the bomb.
15. Who gives Gilliland a ride part of the way to meet his wife?
(a) An old buddy
(b) An ex-Marine
(c) An anti-war activist
(d) A religious family
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
2. What does Cannonball do to get out on the Medevac?
3. What news does the patrol read about in a newspaper from home?
4. What takes place while Boomer and Gilliland inspect the Vietnamese soldier who is dressed like a mamasan?
5. Chapter 18 How much more time does Gilliland have to serve in the military?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)