|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do four hippies sitting outside a restaurant call Gilliland?
(a) Killing Machine
(b) War Monger
(d) Baby Killer
2. Chapter 4
What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
(a) He is grazed across his temple.
(b) He is shot in the shoulder.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) His leg is bleeding badly.
3. Where do the men gather as the sun begins to fall?
(a) They gather in the Lieutenant's tent.
(b) They gather in a jungle hut.
(c) They gather in small clumps in four man holes.
(d) They gather around a campfire.
4. Chapter 13
What is a sign that the enemy is near?
(a) The birds begin to screech.
(b) The smell of human sweat is in the air.
(c) The water bulls disappear from the fields
(d) The fields are silent.
5. Chapter 22
How many of Bagger's football team joined the Marines at the same time?
6. What is the Reverend's view on racism?
(a) The human race is the only race.
(b) Blacks are better than whites.
(c) Be subservient to the white man.
(d) Defy the white man whenever possible.
7. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
(a) A grenade to kill himself with
(b) A letter of recommendation
(c) A medal to bring home to his wife
(d) Some extra money for travelling home
8. What takes place while Boomer and Gilliland inspect the Vietnamese soldier who is dressed like a mamasan?
(a) The disguised soldier shoots Boomer in the legs.
(b) The disguised soldier is shot by another Vietnamese soldier.
(c) The disguised soldier shoots himself.
(d) A booby trap blows up and Boomer loses both his legs.
9. Why doesn't Hodges want to give food to the woman who asks for food for her child?
(a) Hodges says that the hungry child is better off dead.
(b) Hodges says that there isn't enough food to go around.
(c) Hodges says that it will go to the VC.
(d) Hodges hates everyone in Vietnam.
10. Chapter 24
Where is Cat Man's native home?
(d) Puerto Rico
11. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
(a) Senator, Snake, and Flaky
(b) Senator, Bagger, and Ottenburger
(c) Snake, Cat Man, and Flaky
(d) Senator, Cat Man, and Flaky
12. How is Big Mac killed?
(a) He is hit by friendly fire.
(b) He sets off a booby trap.
(c) He is shot by a sniper.
(d) He falls in a raging river.
13. What happens as Waterbull sits under his hooch looking at a picture?
(a) He is attacked by the enemy and shot three times.
(b) He starts to cry as he thinks of home.
(c) He is bitten by a poisonous snake.
(d) A grenade is thrown into his hooch.
14. Where do Snake and Hodges plan to ambush next?
(a) Nam An Two
(b) Phu Phong
(c) Arizona Valley
(d) Da Nang
15. Chapter 21
What is Snake's reaction at seeing Ogre and Baby Cakes again?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is annoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 11 What do Speedy, Smitty, Senator, and Burgie witness as they lie beyond the barbed wire for their LP watch?
2. Chapter 9 What type of man is Angus Austin, the new Platoon Sergeant?
3. Chapter 15 Why does Dan leave his family to fight in the war?
4. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
5. Chapter 14 What is Gilliland looking forward to after his ten years of military service?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)