Short Essay Answer Key
1. What is the main reason Ronnie enlists in the Marines?
Ronnie has a violent temper and enjoys fighting. He believes he is cut out to be a Marine.
2. Why is Bobby proud to enlist in the Marines?
He wants to carry on the family tradition of serving his country.
3. What does Bobby Hodges awaken to his first night in Vietnam?
He awakens to the sound of bombs and a severed hand landing near him.
4. Who is wounded during enemy fire in An Hoa?
Snake tells Homicide that Ogre and Baby Cakes are wounded and Vitelli is dead.
5. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about the bush?
He tells Hodges that nothing in his life will prepare him for what he will experience in the bush.
6. Why does Snake give Goodrich the nickname, Senator?
Snake calls Goodrich, Senator, because he...
This section contains 1,721 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)